Nate Posted November 13, 2003 Posted November 13, 2003 [color=red] [font=croobie] [size=3]I got this idea from one that was posted in the Request forum, so i figured i'd do it for him. Here's the deal. I need three judges, and there can be unlimited participants. If you want to be a judge, let me know via pm. If you want to be a participant, post here lettnig my know. [center][b]The Regulations[/b][/center] [list=1] [*]The banner ban be no bigger than 500X100, and no smaller than 100X50. [*]It cannot be motion, must be a still banner. [*]I can be based on any movie, tv series, anime, show, or anything. [*]You can post multiple, but the last one that you post will be used. [*]The deadline will be November 21, 2003. You can start turning them in tomorow. [/list=1] [center][b]Members:[/b][/center] Nate (me) .h4ck Haze_Gundam006 Stun gun Milly Kyo no Ryu Baron Samedi [center][b]Judges:[/b][/center] [list=1] [*] [*] [*] [/list] Ok, this is how the judging will go. 1Anime banners- 1a action anime- 1b anime quote banners- 2Real life- 2a historical event banners- 2b funny quote banners- 2b anything else- 3non anime but still cartoon- Again, nothing bigger than 100X500, and onthing smaller than 100X50. If it cannot be used, then do not post it, and do not post banner...after banner..after banner..after banner..please. If you want to put one in place of another, then delete the post that had the one you are replacing. Also, you can only have one entry in each catagory.[/font][/color][/size]
Haze Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 I believe i will join as well. but which one to post?
stun gun Milly Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 I'll join too,it sounds really great,and gives alot of banner makers a chance to compete ^^!!
Baron Samedi Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 Count me in ^__^ I'll whoop yo pansy bottoms, y'hear? You just be so much dead meat on the sidewalk when I'm finsihed wit'ya. lol. I'll post up my [currently under-construction] Inuyasha banner when I finish it.
The Mac Attack Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 Okay then, here's one I was considering for inclusion into my signature. It isn't really based on any particular anime, but encompasses my name and the only image I had on my computer which resembled my appearance (I don't really want to pretend I'm someone else). The image is from [url]www.advfilms.com[/url] and is a character from the AD Police series. Many people make banners which have too much going on in them, so I tried to keep this one rather simple.
Sun Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 Count me in, i'll have to spend alot of time on this so i'll edit it in later. And what really ticked me off was Ryo_no_kyo using my banner without permission, P.M me and explain!
Fyxe Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I'm totally in, oh yeah! ^_^ I'll get mine in sometime soon. I'm working on some now, so I might use one of those.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Doukeshi Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 I'll take part, though I think it would be better if you specified a single genre of banner that all contestants had to make. Making it fairer and easier to judge ^_~.
Dagger Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 This is a pretty cool idea, Nate--although it might be easier to judge if you created separate categories for anime, video games, etc. Count me in. ~Dagger~
Katana Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 Yeah, what Dagger said, seperating things into categories, such as "Best anime banner" "Best video game banner" "Best real-life banner" and etc. Make it so that certain people *coughEvolved_Dragoncough* don't win so easily. ^^ My list of categories would be: Best Anime Banner Best Video Game Banner Best Real-Life Banner ...and then you could probably divide the anime and video game one even more, by having (in anime) "Best romantic banner" "Best single character banner" and stuff like that. I plan on doing something, but I don't know if I want to be a contestent or a judge. I'd like to do both...*thinks as she opens up her Paint Shop Pro*
Megumi Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 Hey, I was going to do this... Oh well. I'd rather be a participant anyways. I'll post again when I get a banner worthy enough to enter. But you need guidelines on how it is to be judged- creativity, text, etc.
Eclectic Posted November 14, 2003 Posted November 14, 2003 I'm entering. Here's my first, just did it last night to see if I could make an okay background with an Oekaki program. *takes a look at other banner makers* How about a category like best Paint baner?
Eclectic Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 Another banner with an oekaki background, this time with crappy cropping!
Sun Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 [COLOR=green]ok this s my first entry, i must say it's pretty crappy, but i still have 2 more tries.[/COLOR] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=516828[/IMG]
Doukeshi Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 Well, I think I'll post this one as an example, though I really quite like the banner I have in my sig at the moment.
Katana Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 Dunno if this is going to be my banner or not. I personally like it; think it's kinda cute. The person I made this for didn't want it. XP [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=516842[/img] Two more tries...
Kyo no Ryu Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 K that turned out horrible. Heres my best baner ever Im retreating for now.
Fyxe Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Well here is one I made yesterday. I'm not sure if this'll be my last or not, it depends on how I do on my others. But this is one I had made for someone. It's a Kenshin banner.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
stun gun Milly Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 Here's a banner I made recently, it's a good try, but may not be enough ^^. I also added the name of the show, and maybe a qoute, if I had a idea for one. I may have just two more banners that are good, so I may post them later ^^. Also there should be a limit on how many banners there can be, it will probably help make less confusion on which banner you are entering, even though it said, "The last banner that you post will be used", but here's one banner I'm entering ^^.
Megumi Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 I've changed my mind- I think I'd rather be a judge. Can I?
Sun Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 i don't know where nate is but here's a banner i made for amity. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=516979[/IMG]
Guest .h4ck Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 hehehe *scratches back of head* im screwed! | | \/
Eclectic Posted November 15, 2003 Posted November 15, 2003 I think this is the last thing I'll be submitting.
Recommended Posts