OtakuBoards

Guilty Pleasures

ChibiHorsewoman

[COLOR=deeppink]I was bored today so I did some laundry and searched through my old collection of tapes. I found an old Sailor Moon Dub (DiC even more frightening than CWi) So I actually watched them.
I also like to watch those lame excersize shows on TV while eatting Chocolate cake with Whipped cream and telling the TV people what they're doing wrong. I yell at the TV alot and I watch Blues Clues.
Those are a few of my guilty pleasures. I'm wondering what are some of yours?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=teal]Oh uh I probably should've mentioned this one before. I like to play in the mud. That's right folks. I'm 22 and I play in the mud when I go hiking. I also am a sucker for Saturday morning cartoons and I still love to read Green Eggs and Ham. Basically, what you have here is a 22 year old child.
[/COLOR]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok? That's kind of awkward, but ok. I don't have too many...I just surf the net, talk to people you know? I think that's all I do. Or if I get real bored and have nothing better to do...then I'll watch all these kiddy shows like Sawgwa. Then I'll watch really old episodes of Dragon Ball Z or even Dragon Ball. It's get so tiring though, but those are my pleasures when I'm bored...

"Sitting alone.....contemplating..."
I love to just sit around in my very tiny room, get a book, read with the lights on, somethin in the backround like rain pouring at night and I am very warm inside. The Tv is on just in the living room.
I also love watching my dvds.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eugi [/i]
[B]"Sitting alone.....contemplating..."
I love to just sit around in my very tiny room, get a book, read with the lights on, somethin in the backround like rain pouring at night and I am very warm inside. The Tv is on just in the living room.
I also love watching my dvds. [/B][/QUOTE]

You feel guilty about watching DVDs? Or reading books in your room?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amity [/i]
[B]Ok? That's kind of awkward, but ok.[/B][/QUOTE]

Not saying that YOU'RE shallow, but that little sentence right there....is shallow. I think CHW has a nice taste, an interesting one, and has a nice vision on things.

[quote]You feel guilty about watching DVDs? Or reading books in your room?[/quote]

The way it feels, to read a book in that scenario....you can picture it come on, i know you can.
And the dvds at night (i didnt say which kind) are very nice too.

[size=1][color=maroon]Guilty pleasures, guilty pleasures. I space out a lot. And I mean, a [i]lot[/i]. I kind of enjoy it. Not that a whole lot happens, but hey, it's a good way to clear your mind. ^_^ However, it usually happens when my friends are trying to talk to me, and so that's not really good. Eventually I'm sure they're just going to beat me or something. I can't really blame them. >.>;;

And long, long showers. I always take all the hot water, too. Always.[/color][/size]

I space out and day dream as often as possible...Guess that's my guilty pleasure. I like to imagine myself in fictional situations or make up my own. I've been creating fan fiction in my mind for quite some time before I realized there were sites dedicated to it.
I also have some odd habits that I've had since childhood: whenever I eat a sandwich, I always eat the crust first. I also put my earrings in and take them out in a particular order: insert left first, then right, take out right first, then left. Weird, huh? It's just something I picked up and do w/o thinking now.
I also relate odd things together in my mind. It has something to do w/ thinking one thing while seeing/hearing another. I equate the two things together for the rest of my life when they have nothing in common. Lastly, I will space out to the point that I start wondering if my surroundings are real and wondering why anything exists at all. I've done that since childhood. I think I must have some serious mental issues. Either that, or I'm a pyscho genius... who knows... :twitch:

My guilty little pleasures are, surfing th net instead of studying, watching TV instead of studying, hiding the remote so I can watch Trigun when I want to and noone can change the channel.
I also like to watch my DVD's with a huge thing of popcorn and lollies(which I'm not supposed to have, because I'm a diabetic).

I watch infomercials....yeah and I enjoy them too. Then sometimes I watch my old Veggietales and Adventures of the book of vertues. Sad isn't it? And if i'm home I'll watch Nick Jr. And then I use to play "Loso Lotto" intill my mom got rid of it. That doesn't sound so bad does it? Well it was Seaseme Street Loso Lotto. [i]Then[/i] I'll read some of m,y old Seaseme Street books. Hey I'm the youngest and both of my bros adored Seaseme Street so we have alot of merchandise. Of course I liked it too.....there's probably more like how I go into trances all of a sudden but I can't think of any more.

Hi :D well if this questioj is about guilty pleasures, then okay....well, shhhh dont tell anyone this, but, I like to watch teletubies!!!!! Dude i like PoPo!!! hes a cute little guy. :D But Shhhhhh, dont tell anyone. *teehee*

[color=crimson]

Guilty pleasures?...hmm O_o well, I guess at the moment my main one is spending money on things for my new apartment that I really don't need X_x
So far i've just eyed the things I want and sighed, but i don't know how long im going to be able to keep pining for these blue bedsheets I want O___O.

Normally I guess it just consists of surfing the net when i should be doing homework *twitches* its soooo hard to tear myself away from OB when i know i have an english paper due.

Ahh well[/color]

[size=1][color=olive]Fighting, especially martial-arts. It makes you feel guilty after you win pretty badly, but the adrenaline rush during the whole thing is just way too great to give up on. But then, its a double-edged blade since if you lose... you feel... crappy... very, very crappy...[/size][/color]

Sorry. I wasn't trying to sound shallow. Really. Ok, I have another thing. I just sit and watch the screen saver. Weird I know, but the colors were pretty cool and all. So yes, I have my weirdness too. Which makes me interesting, as people might say.

Guilty pleasures...well doing anything else besides my homework.
When my parent(s) aren't home when I get home from school, I play the PS2, surf the net, watch TV, anything besides doing homework. And that includes cleaning. I want to clean my house more then to do my homework.
Then I'd do it the next day on the bus or at 11:00 p.m. I have to do homework; math. Might as well do it tonight, I'm gonna be so bored.

Guest Skyechild91
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcadia [/i]
[B][size=1][color=maroon]Guilty pleasures, guilty pleasures. I space out a lot. And I mean, a [i]lot[/i]. I kind of enjoy it. Not that a whole lot happens, but hey, it's a good way to clear your mind. ^_^ However, it usually happens when my friends are trying to talk to me, and so that's not really good. Eventually I'm sure they're just going to beat me or something. I can't really blame them. >.>;;

And long, long showers. I always take all the hot water, too. Always.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

ACK! SHe took mine! ::pouts:: I like to cling to ppl, oh, and poke ppl. ^^; It drives all my friends insane!

Oh, yeah! I also sing in the shower, and anytime I can, I sing! My brother has this bad habit of making it hard for me to sing by singing it wrong on purpose... sometimes he does it on accident!

I just thought of one... I like reading the labels and Nutrition Labels on food boxez/cartons/exc.

I love doing that!!! I don't know why but nutrition facts jusrt intrest me so much. Kind of awkward for me. But I can't help it. I'll sit down with some type of food or something in front of me and I'll read the ingrediants and nutrition facts!!!! A habit!!!

By the way Gaurdian, I love your banner!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Break [/i]
[B][size=1][color=CC0000]*rolls eyes* Everyone knows what the guys do. So I might as well not say it, but that's my "guilty pleasure"... Along with eating too much food times a million.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[i][color=lightpink][font=times][size=4]I have a question. Well yes of course guys do those kind of guilty pleasure when they are all alone and ya know. But doesn't girls do it as well? Wouldn't you concider that a bad habbit? *is being too open*[/color][/i][/font][/size]

[quote] Arcadia - And long, long showers. I always take all the hot water, too. Always. [/quote]

[i][color=lightpink][size=4][font=times]I do that alot too. I'm not suppost to anymore but I just cant help it. Its so warm and comfortable!![/color][/i][/font][/size]

Guest Skyechild91
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amity [/i]
[B]No problem! What all animes are those? I think I know two of them...Devil Hunter Yohko? And maybe...uh Vampire Princess? Not too sure... [/B][/QUOTE]
The first ones right. Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon and Mirrielle from Noir.

Well, guys do do that at times. So do girls. I think I'm not that lonely to do that though. No offense to the ones who do. Long, hot showers??? I would be pruned!LOL. I love taking long showers though. It clears my thoughts and everything. But when I come out I always have a runny nose and that annoys me.