OtakuBoards

Guilty Pleasures

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#707875]Well, as far as guilty pleasures go...I can only concur with Break. But then I read this:[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Amity:[/i][b]
I think I'm not that lonely to do that though. No offense to the ones who do.[/b][/quote]

[color=#707875]*takes offence*[/color]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=indigo]I [i]love[/i] to take long hot bathes (after the hiking/playing in the mud. I kick everyone (ie my cat and Lincoln) out of the bathroom and soak while reading a book.
I also sing when I'm in the shower or doing stuff around the house. Oh, and I'm such a motor mouth I even talk to myself or the cat or the dog. Well, who else would I talk to the tv? [/COLOR]

[size=1][color=maroon]Amity, I don't think it's a matter of being lonely at all, though I guess there are some who might disagree.

I also talk to my dog. All the time. Even now that I'm away at college and I hardly ever see her - I have a picture of my pretty puppy on my desk and sometimes when I call home, I talk to the dog. Although it's usually a one-sided conversation. I talk to most animals, actually, which pretty much rules out any thoughts of me being sane. Meh.

I crack my knuckles, too. I think eventually my fingers are just going to fall off.[/color][/size]

I have to admit, I am very much of an immature teen...child.^^;;;

Guilty Pleasures...hmmm. OK just a few minutes ago I was watching "the wiggles".>.<(in the wiggles world..in the wiggles world...) At first the only reason I watched it was because of my little sisters, but then I really got to watch and I really like it. >.< I only watch when I want to get up though, so it's not a regular thing. I also tend to watch other PBS/ Disney shows. ^^;;;
I, also, still have a teddy bear I sleep with. I've had it ever since I was like two. I just can?t let it go >.<

But of course none of my friends in real life know this. ^^;;;; (They already think I'm weird enough, with out the wiggles...)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcadia [/i]
[B][size=1][color=maroon]
I crack my knuckles, too. I think eventually my fingers are just going to fall off.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Same, same...

Digging random holes.

It started when I was eleven. It's still going on. One time I spent the whole day singing in the mud and rain while digging a hole in the middle of my front yard.

I also build things with rotten wood. I find some wood and the I'll build a bird house or something.

I also love smashing things. It's a great for getting rid of stress. One time I went to a pumpkin patch and bought about 10 pumpkins. Then, out of my things I made with rotten wood I built this thing to smash them.

Some day I'm going to build a catapult to launch my pumkins.

I'm sorry Arcadia, as well as you James. I think I put it in the wrong terms. I didn't mean to offend any of you. I know you don't have to be lonely or anything.

Out of these two wich one would you might do the most? Sleep or take long baths/showers? I think I do both on a regular bases...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amity [/i]
[B]Out of these two wich one would you might do the most? Sleep or take long baths/showers? I think I do both on a regular bases... [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=arial][color=336600]*faintly amused* Sleep in the tub? Of course, there's always that "drowning" factor that I can't say would be too thrilling...

I thoroughly enjoy waking up early on frosty mornings in late November, and not having to get out of my bed for the next two hours or so. It's that close to heaven, heh.[/color][/FONT]

[i][color=lightpink][size=4][font=times]I [B]love[/b] to take long showers. And I love to sleep. Just like my favortie Jrocker Kyo (from Dir en Grey)

And. As for girls and their 'personal' guilty pleasures. You dont have to be lonely and such. I think you just are in the mood and nothing to do...and if you are in the shower/bath when that feeling comes around then do it. More power to the girls.[/color][/i][/font][/size]

[color=silver]As for me my guilty pleasures...no se...[b]I LOVE LOVE LOVE[/b] Blue's Clues, the olde ones in any case! I sing all the songs with Steve and tell him where the clues are.

I Love playing with my Barbies! I get one like every other week. Along with Barbie, I Love my stuffed animals! They take up more of the bed than I do and I hug one every night when i go to sleep! Can't sleep without one!

Watching Sailor Moon is the best! I own every episode!

And, I suppose, my last lil pleasure would be making my human-servant feed me and tuck me in! If he's willing to do it and has no objections, I won't tell him any different!
:tasty: [/color] :wave:

[size=1] o and i happen to be over 18 if anyone wonders or cares:rolleyes: [/size]

[size=1][color=CC0000]*laughs at Jehz0rx's post*

I'm always lonely, but that's not why I do it. And Roxanne, I guess most girls I know aren't that open or they just.. don't.. lol

I too crack my knuckles lotsy lots and always have verrrry long showers and use all the hot water. ^_^

*cracks knuckles*[/size][/color]

Well, yo tampoco se, but as far guilty pleasures go...(spanish, Kittie?)

I like to watch movies, anime movies or play video games. Sometimes, when I don't feel like doing the before mentioned, I just take my car and just ride. I open the sunroof, and just go around, go to places I've never been to or don't see that much, explore. Then I just go to a lonely spot on the beach and just, breath and think. Maybe do a little meditation, a little Tai Chi on the sand, but mostly just be there.

Then, I take my car again, maybe get a beer, or a cup of coffe and go home again. I know it may sound boring and all, but its really a great thing for me to do. It helps me keep focus on what I want and what I want to do.

[color=red]Ani_Freak[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]I like to watch Liberty's Kids on PBS,watch Dora and Blue's Clues. I tell Dora how to get to where she's going and I tell Joe where the clues are.
Also I watch Jerry Springer and try to compare the show to my in-laws. DOn't ask me why, I just do.
Finally, whenever those state of the union addresses come on I yell at the pResident for a while then talk to my cat. It's really quite soothing.[/COLOR]

Huh? I wasn't taking about drowning! I meant do you like to sleep? Or would you rather take long hot showers/baths! I don't want to die yet. Trust me on that part!^_^

Barbies! I used to do that until I discovered this site...it was fun while it lasted, but now I love being here so much!!!

Guest Skyechild91
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kittie [/i]
[B][color=silver]As for me my guilty pleasures...no se...[b]I LOVE LOVE LOVE[/b] Blue's Clues, the olde ones in any case! I sing all the songs with Steve and tell him where the clues are.

I Love playing with my Barbies! I get one like every other week. Along with Barbie, I Love my stuffed animals! They take up more of the bed than I do and I hug one every night when i go to sleep! Can't sleep without one!

Watching Sailor Moon is the best! I own every episode!

And, I suppose, my last lil pleasure would be making my human-servant feed me and tuck me in! If he's willing to do it and has no objections, I won't tell him any different!
:tasty: [/color] :wave:

[size=1] o and i happen to be over 18 if anyone wonders or cares:rolleyes: [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

ACK! Kittie, we [I] have[/I] to get together sometime! I own just about every barbie oon the face of the planet, and Sialor Moon has been my fave since I was five! And Im 12, for thse of u who care.

[size=1]Guilty pleasures? Drawing comics and writing stories when I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork makes me feel guilty at times. Also, most of the things I consider entertainment (cartoons, video games, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer) seem incredibly weird to most of my friends, so in that respect they qualify as guilty pleasures, too. Long hot showers are the best, I can't even imagine why people would feel guilty over something like -- oh.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GuardianStorm [/i]
[B]AH! I love u!!!!!!!!! Thnk u about the banner! I luv it to! [/B][/QUOTE]

:Wonders how you've lasted long enough to accumulate over nine-hundred posts:

[i]Ahem[/i]. :adjusts collar:

If you haven't guessed by now one of my guilty pleasures is placing actions in my conversations and posts. It's slightly corny and immature (for the context of my usage) but I find it enjoyable.

Eating sweets or junk food is another. Because I rarely indulge myself on that sort of stuff anymore I feel incredibly guilty when I do eat it. Sometimes it even makes me feel sick. For example, I had popcorn for the first time in quite a while last week and it made me feel ill for a day. I also kind of fell into a junk food relapse this weekend so that made me feel a bit guilty. Not so much though. It was good! ^^;;

Besides, you need to enjoy yourself once in a while. heh

I suppose my only other guilty pleasure lies in banning annoying members. I take sick pride in locking their accounts; I revel in their eloquent pleading (plz l3t m3 bak!). Sometimes I savor the moment by banning them and then unbanning them only so that I may ban them again. It makes me [i]hot![/i]

Recently, I've taken to locking myself out of various places in my house simply so I have a good excuse to dismantle the doorknobs and then 'ressurect' them. I've found exercising ultimate dominion over inatimate metal objects to be _extremely_ good for the ego, and _so_ cathartic.

I suppose that my Neopets-leftovers style of punctuation (_ _, * *,/ /, ect.) is another little fetish of mine, something of a badge of pride in my (highly laughable) roleplay boards roots. Even in an age where I can spend 2.37 minutes learning how to italicise, underline and bold in html, I'll still be the one who acts as though she's behind the keyboard of a typewriter, typing frantically away at a Pernese roleplay. *shrugs* Why wait for a mania to set in when you can make your own quirks?

Well, I always indulge myself in instant messaging, posting on various forums, playing games, watching anime, downloading new games for my calculator (oh yea, I need to restore one), messing with electronics, and sometimes even watching a tiny bit of tv while I should be doing homework (I should be doing homework nor!)

Another thing I do, if I have anything that I can imagine is a sword, I always end up swinging it around like it is one. This would not be too bad if it were not for the facts that I am 18, 6' 1", and have a low ceiling. I have broken lightbulbs by hitting them and spreading the glass everywhere...

Hmmm...

Well, I do that thing that most guys do...Usually infront of the pc, watching stuff I shouldn't watch. ^^;;

Oh yeah, I have an annoying habit of listening to the same song over and over again, until I start humming it loudly...Good thing I finally got some headphones. XD Every day it's a different song, but I listen to it on repeat for hours. o.O;;

Er...I daydream alot?

I know I'm being really vague, but I can't help it...I know I have bad habits, but I can't think of them specifically...They're just...There.

[color=royalblue] Here it goes my number one Guilty Pleasures is watching [b]Animes[/b].
Yes, I am a grown women and I Love Cartoons :love:. I am always being told to turn them off. However, hey they are the best.
A few others would have to be:
[b]Coloring [/b] ~~I have to say I got a good eye for color schemes :blackeye:,
[b]Chatting [/b] on the computer :babble: ,
[b]Listening [/b] to Justin Timberlake :p,
[b]Chocolate [/b] ~~How, could I forget this one!, :tasty:
And
[b]Playing [/b] with Toys~~I say it is so my son has some one to play with, but really I never grew out of playing with toys. :cross:
I know some of them are not real Guilty Pleasures, but they are for me.

THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout: