OtakuBoards

Crossover (Disney/Sailor Moon)

Sara

[FONT=arial]Well, I posted this at myO, but the truth is...there's a great lack of feedback when you show off art that way.

Lookin' for questions/comments/criticisms....you know the drill.

There are several things don't like about this image, art-wise, but I had too much fun with the concept not to post it.

[center][img]http://fanart.theotaku.com/imgs/14-20031120151133.jpg[/img][/center][/FONT]

[size=1]These are.. way too cute. This concept is absolutely brilliant, and I'm a little surprised that I have never seen this sort of thing before. Everyone but Jupiter could be easily mistaken for their counterparts, and the only problem with her is that her hair is way too large to be Belle.

Thank you for posting this, heh. It cheered me up considerably. *insert rating*

-Shy[/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue]That is [i]way[/i] to cute! I mean it. That is very creative, I would have never been able to come up with that! I think they all fit very well. Heh, how did you ever think of that? I love it! ^_^ Great work. To cute I say... to cute! Ok... sorry. :p It's definatly a 10/10![/color][/size]

[color=blue][size=1]To be honest...... I don't like Sailor Moon that much, nor do I enjoy watching Disney Princess movies anymore. I think the last time I watched one, I was only 4.... Scary.

Anywayz, back onto your pic. It is nicely done, and it doesn't make it hard to tell who the Sailor Girls are, as they are easily distincted when viewed upon. The hard thing to find is which princess is which, or at least for me it is. As I mentioned, I haven't watched those movies in 9 years, so I'm pretty much lost. The dresses alone don't explain who they are.

Let me rate this then tell you which ones I know, just for fun.

Pic: 7/10 Overall, I just don't care for the characters. The art is well done, but has flaws, as you admitted. That's about it.

Let's see if I got this right, shall we?

Mercury: Snow White
Moon: Cinderella (sp?)
Mars: ...... dunno.
Jupiter: Um.... Belle?
Venus: Lets see here........ I got nothin'.

That's itzez. Laterzez!

~Meow...... >_<;;~[/color][/size]

OMG! Cuteness!

I don't really like Sailor moon either, but I do like Disney (Even though I don't like the princess gals) I agree that it has flaws, the coloring looks a bit... wierd, but I think it is all very cute ^^.

Here are my guesses:
Mercury: Snow White
Moon: Cinderella (Also SP?)
Mars: Jasmine
Jupiter: Belle
Venus: Sleeping Beuty

Guest Skyechild91
OMG!!!!!!!!! Usagi is Cinderella, Raye is Jasmine(my fave out of the princess collection), Minako is Sleeping Beauty, Lita(I cant meber her japanese name!) Is Beauty, and Ami is Snow White! Holy ****, thats hilarious and cute at the same time!!!!!!!! ::falls into fits of combined laughter and 'awww's::

Haha, Sara, good stuff. The pictures are definitely cute, but I don't really know much about Sailor-Moon. Seen, like two episodes ever. Heh. Anyways, I know the characters you chose for Disney... Snow White, Cinderella [my childhood fav!] Jasmine, Belle and Sleeping Beauty.

I know you said you had problems with the art, but about all I could seriously find was their eyes. All the same and strange looking, odd and... scary. heh. But they have black with a white pupil.. it doesn't look animey or cartoony... So that is about all that I'm willing to quibble over. White with black pupils is the way of the future. lol

Also.. what does ironic bubbles mean? Eh?

EDIT- Sleeping Beauty has also recieved a black eye. Under her right eye is a bruise. The Prince is a wife-beater.

sleeping beauty's real name is Aurora... and beauty's is belle... Just so some of you know.

Thats cool... Althought the last time i saw all those princesses together was on kingdom hearts... which i beat a long while ago... (That was also the first time i saw all of them together... heh)

Very good stuff... although i have never...seen... Sailor Moon

[size=1][color=336600]Yeah, it's mostly the eyes that bug me. Sleeping Beauty's in particular. Oh, well. And Jasmine's hair isn't supposed to be completely black, but you can't see the purple highlight (?) thingies that are there.

Snow White is my favorite, mm. And the dresses were (surprisingly) a lot of fun to do. Belle's was great, heh.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kitty [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]Pic: 7/10 Overall, I just don't care for the characters.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

You don't like the art itself because you don't know or like the characters? Seems like a really odd reason. You didn't even mention problems you had with the art itself lol.

The drawing is pretty good. All of your drawings seem to do this black eyes thing, which suits most of the drawings you do... but I don't think it suits this one. It doesn't look bad, it just strikes me as odd heh.

Otherwise is looks good. I like how the dresses came out especially. Looks like water colors. What did you color this with?

Oh this is really cute!!!
I really like them, but the eyes kind of annoy me a bit.
I thought Sailor Mars was Arial from the Little Mermaid, not Jasmine from Aladdin. :huh:
I like Sailor Mercury (Snow White) the best. She looks the most well done and looks the cutest out of all of them. (My opinion)

Briar Rose's dress is supposed to be blue, damn you all... -grrrs-

^_^ Love the art. Sleeping Beauty is my all time favorite Disney flick (sorry, Snow White...but you gave my nightmares)...and Sailor Moon is pretty cool. Not a terribly huge fan of it myself, but from what a friend of mine has explained it's a terribly complex little anime...

I dare you to do the rest of the Sailor Scouts as a Disney character. -snickers- Neptune as Ariel, Uranus as a prince (probably Prince Whoever from The Little Mermaid to go with Neptune...but her hair's the wrong color. >_< ) Pluto and Saturn I can't think of anyone, but there's gotta be someone out there you could draw them as...

9.5....Briar Rose's dress needs to be blue and you need to work on the black eyes. ~_^

Hee! I love Sailor Moon and I love Disney princesses! I loved this piece! Though, there are a few things that bother me. Jasmine/Rei's hair. It never seemed that... um, sticking out, you know, with the little points, with either of the characters. And Lita/Belle's hair is too big. But I still loved it! 8 out of ten!

[COLOR=deeppink]ooh, kawaii!
The colors were great. Of course it does look like they're all wearing black lipstick, but hey, anyone could've made that mistake *shrugs*
Ami=Snow White
Rei=Jasmine
Makoto=Belle/Beauty
Usagi=Cinderella
Minako=Aurora/Briar Rose
Someone needs to do one with Mamoru as that crow from Sleeping Beauty or Gaston from beauty and the Beast[/COLOR]

[size=1]Okay, okay! Enough about their eyes! *laughs softly*

I know they're a bit off, but, eh. What you see is just the scan; I just left them. The ones I "enhanced with Adobe Photshop Elements ©" made the whole thing a little too bizarre. I suppose I'll try them a different way, if they bug everyone so much.

Jasmine's hair was one of the things that bugged me, too. It looked better in pencil, heh. By the time I actually got around to fixing it up in photoshop, I was getting tired of the whole picture, and didn't much feel like redoing it. Same thing with Aurora's face; her eyes are the ones that really bug me.

The dresses (heh, I love how they turned out) are mostly just chunks of color with some lighter (or darker, as needed) airbrushing on top.[/size]