OtakuBoards

happy-ness

lea

[size=1]Getting mail makes me happy. I mean real mail, heh, not email necessarily.

There's something ridiculously pleasant about the fact that you're worth the hour and thirty-seven cents it takes to write and send a letter in the post.

Of course, I've been getting college brochures by the pound for the last two years...but that's okay. I'm making a collage out of them.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1] Of course, I've been getting college brochures by the pound for the last two years...but that's okay. I'm making a collage out of them.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Somehow, a college collage sounds incredibly humorous to me. Hooray for wordplay! :p

Anyway, what makes me happy (and this may seem a tad odd) is someone saying hello to me. I've found that not many people (at least where I live; this may be different for others, heh) really take the time to greet people, which makes it all the nicer when someone says hello to me (especially when it's someone I like ^_^; ).

So, yeah, random greetings = good times for Shin.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]Somehow, a college collage sounds incredibly humorous to me. Hooray for wordplay! :p[/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]You don't know how hard I have to concentrate [i]not[/i] to call it that.

Ah, anyway.

[/SIZE]

I like the idea of making a collage out of college brochures... now I can't wait until I'm a senior. Anyway, I know it's stupid, but even though Zach doesn' really like me like me (how cliche) it makes me happy just to be around him and make him laugh... *sigh* I don't have a lot of crushes, never more than one at a time. And he's a great guy. Okay, I'm just blabbering...

[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, it makes me happy to just have someone open a door for me or do something nice of that nature, It makes me feel good that someone is taking at least even a second doing something for me. I always like to do nice things in return to people, it makes me feel good that I am doing good deeds for others.
I also like being around my friends, no matter what. At any occasion I like being around them, accept those time where I just need to be left alone.
If anyone does just the simplest nice things for me, it makes me feel good that they are thinking of me and how I feel. It may seem strange, but I do.
Even someone saying a simple hello to me makes me feel good, so I know how you feel about that Shinmaru. And I know that when I say hello to someone that I just made thier day better. ^_^[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rytaku [/i]
[B]If I was born i havn't had anything.... [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][color=336600]What?

Welcome to OtakuBoards...read our rules, please. I have no idea what you are trying to say..[/color]

Anyway. One example of my being completely pleased about something was when I got my score results for my ACT last spring. I don't know if it qualifies as "happy" in the sense you meant, but it was a very good feeling... Just to know I had done as well as I thought I had, I guess.

I doubt I can try to talk about a single "happiest moment of my life" without sounding ridiculously sappy and/or pathetic, ergh.

[/SIZE]

The happiest moment of my life........*thinks deeply*

I guess, when this manager of this famous group of here in Belgium said to me.

'If your looking for a manager, you know the guy' and then he was just gone. And he even said that while I wasn't looking. :rolleyes:
But that made me just sooooooooo happy! Yupyup ^_^

[size=1][color=seagreen]the happiest moment in my life is when i actually found people who would "open the door" for me, and help me. not many people actually talk to me and i thought i wasn't liked. but now i have friends who i know will help me in any situation. they have tought me more than anything any one else could ever tell me.[/size][/color]

[color=royalblue]The happiest moment in my life, hmm? I would have to say I don't have one, I have two. The first and possibly more important moment was when I met Sana. She is a great girl and I may have feelings for her, although she already has a boyfriend (unfortunately for me). But, she's happy, so I'm okay with that. The second is when I met a great friend who has already posted on this board: Wiccansamurai. And, well, we're married, as you can see in my signature. I call her my Kitsune and she calls me her Hubby. I'm happy around her, or just talkng to her, ya know? I'm wondering if this is truly what makes me happy though......

Well, I think it is, but I have yet to discover true happiness, since my life han't always been so great. Well, that's all I have to say.....

--Mage of Asgard--[/color]

Right now I'm happy to get away from the crazy dream where I was helping my mum stuff a giant rabbit into a plastic bag full of lettuce...of course now I suffer the consequence of sleep deprivation....*yawns*

Other than that...ever since I met my bf I have never been able to stay in a bad mood:d

The best thing anything anyone has done for me is that my friend gave me answers to math homework. I didn't pay attention in class that day, and she told me how to get the answers. I'm grateful.
Also, friends make me feel happy. They accompany me and kind of make me the person I am. They are the best people in my life, since I really don't like to socialize with family.

I love getting mail as well. :D There's something undefinably neat about seeing my name on an envelope, written by somebody else, to [I]me[/I] of all people.

Having someone that's outside my usual group of friends greet me is an incredible event. It makes me feel like I actually exist in the eyes of others.

Signing onto OB and seeing PMs in my box is a nice little treat too. Just to have an ongoing conversation with someone else brightens the time I spend at my AIM-less computer. :)

Having people sign my MyOtaku Guestbook is pretty nice too. ;)

[color=deeppink]
My happiest moment was when I finally got the damn mic to work on AIM.

^^;; Heh, just kidding. Although quite a few people have heard my squeals of joy when I finally get the audio convo to work.

My happiest moment was also a heart breaking one. I was going back home to South Carolina, and since my aunt and I had been in a [i]huge[/i] rush to get to the airport, I didn't really get to say goodbye to her before boarding the plane.

When I got on, I opened the box she had thrust into my hands just before I left. It was a ring that I had been drooling over in my favorite shop, but then I went and was trying on clothes, and I came back for the ring, they said they had sold it to someone else. I was very disappointed, but wrote it off because I was getting clothes.

I then realized that it had been her who bought the ring, and kept it as a surprise. But it wasn't the ring that made me so happy. It was the fact that she cared about me that much, that she truly was thinking about me, that she went through that trouble to do that for me. It hit me hard, how much she loved me. And knowing that, and having just left the ground to be away from her for another school year, that I couldn't even hug her and thank her...that hurt.

So my happiest moment was also a heart breaker. But it will always remain very special in my mind. =)

After rereading this...I really don't do the moment justice. But oh well. I guess it's a personal moment, so I can't truly convey it to anyone else. I tried. ^^;;
[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wiccansamurai [/i]
[B]Mage, you're so weird. I'm one of your happiest moments? lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

If I'm so weird, then why'd you marry me? O_o I'm curious as to your response. But I won't use this board to argue with my wife. It made me happy because I beleive that I've met a friend for life, you WiccanSamurai. Don't play stupid, please? Just messin. I have one more time I was happy. When I met my best friend, Dean. We're still great friends and i don't think that's gonna change anytime soon. Wiccansamurai, I know why I married you, did you marry me for the hell of it!? Sorry, just curious.....

Something that makes me very happy is when those ppl that are portrayed as ***hole do really nice, small, but nice things for me. Once I forgot to get my spork in the lunchline. I was so devastated, how was I gonna eat the mash potatoes?? So this kid who I've never talked to, but has apparently spit in some ppl's faces, tapped me on the shoulder and gave me his without even saying a word. I thought that was wonderfully sweet ^_^

Also, falling asleep on ppl. When someone volunteers their body to me as a pillow and I get to fall asleep on their lap, it's the best sleep. That and when a friend holds my hand, not a boyfriend, but a random friend just comes up, grabs my hand and walks me to class. It feels nice that they're not bothered by the dozen ppl asking if we're dating. Nice-ness.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Wouldn't "happiness" make more sense? lol

I think the happiest moment of my life will be tomorrow night when I get to hear Apocalypse Hoboken play live for the first and last time. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd just like to confirm that that was definitely the happiest time I can remember having in a really long time, if not ever.

The happiest time of my life....

On of the happiest times of my life was when I met my (now) boyfriend. Another was my cousin's birthday - that sounds weird seeing as she would probably be getting all the attention but I was happy because she was having this party with all of her friends and I didn't know any of them but she made the effort to invite me and include me in everything to make me feel special too. I know why she is also my best friend.

Reflecting back on my life, most of the happiest moments were with her. Love you Nikki!

To me, and maybe to many of you, what makes me happy is when someone says thanks. It's such a rewarding feeling that I help someone and that person just says thank you.

To me, that is enough repayment for what I could do are have done for anyone. Not that I expect anything, and I don't even expect a thank you, but it feels really great when I get one.

Simple things is what makes life great I think.