Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE=1]You're alone, watching television. An announcement interrupts the program. Your photograph is flashed on the screen, with your name and other personal statistics. You're a wanted person. What do you do? Where do you go? You have fifteen minutes before the entire city is looking for you....

Starting now.
__________________________________________

What is all this? This is a journaling assignment my Literature class was given this afternoon. Being as realistic as possible, we were told to describe what we would do, where we would go... In fifteen minutes, every road out of the city is blocked. All main highways; all public places are on the lookout for you. You can't withdraw money from your bank account, or use anything that links to your name...

It was an interesting class period, to say the least...

And so I pose the question to you--

Would you survive? For how long?[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]You're alone, watching television. An announcement interrupts the program. Your photograph is flashed on the screen, with your name and other personal statistics. You're a wanted person. What do you do? Where do you go? You have fifteen minutes before the entire city is looking for you....

Starting now.
__________________________________________

What is all this? This is a journaling assignment my Literature class was given this afternoon. Being as realistic as possible, we were told to describe what we would do, where we would go... In fifteen minutes, every road out of the city is blocked. All main highways; all public places are on the lookout for you. You can't withdraw money from your bank account, or use anything that links to your name...

It was an interesting class period, to say the least...

And so I pose the question to you--

Would you survive? For how long?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Hmm...well I live relatively close to the mountains/forest. Maybe 30 minutes drive away.

So I would get into my car straight away and drive toward the mountains...and find somewhere remote to hide.

If I got that 15 minute headstart, I'd be far enough that I could possibly travel on smaller, out-of-the-way roads...

It's an interesting question. :) [/color][/size]
Posted
[SIZE=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]It's an interesting question. :) [/B][/QUOTE]I rather thought so...

Heh...we're right by Lake Michigan, so we're stuck about going east....

But we really did have quite a discussion about it...[/SIZE]
Posted
If I was in that situation..I'd probably stare in total shock at the TV and wouldn't be able to move. I'd be paralyzed and I would cry..I mean I'm wanted! That's not good. I wouldn't want to leave all the people who I love and cherish. :(
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Hmm...well I live relatively close to the mountains/forest. Maybe 30 minutes drive away.

So I would get into my car straight away and drive toward the mountains...and find somewhere remote to hide.

If I got that 15 minute headstart, I'd be far enough that I could possibly travel on smaller, out-of-the-way roads...

It's an interesting question. :) [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Nooo! Your plot sounds just like the plots from [i][b]Flight[/b][/i] and [i][b]The Pearl[/i][/b] by Steinbeck...uggghhh, I think I will keel over and die if I have to read something written by him again...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Nooo! Your plot sounds just like the plots from [i][b]Flight[/b][/i] and [i][b]The Pearl[/i][/b] by Steinbeck...uggghhh, I think I will keel over and die if I have to read something written by him again...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I read The Pearl, I know what you're talking about! You're right..is does sound almost the same.
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]did you see the movie [I]The Game[/I]? well when that went across the screen... they got to go kill these people w/ baseball bats and stuff... it was freaky like...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Guest Majin Gohan
Posted
[COLOR=blue]I would use my super powers to fly away! The only problem with this is I don't have any super powers[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majin Gohan [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]I would use my super powers to fly away! The only problem with this is I don't have any super powers[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

That would really present a problem for you, wouldn't it? :)
Guest Majin Gohan
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]

That would really present a problem for you, wouldn't it? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

No b/c I still have my magical flying machine that can't fly and my teleportation machne that teleports me a grand total of 2 ft. away. Haha I still have plenty of ways to escape.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majin Gohan [/i]
[B]

No b/c I still have my magical flying machine that can't fly and my teleportation machne that teleports me a grand total of 2 ft. away. Haha I still have plenty of ways to escape. [/B][/QUOTE]

oo...kk....I hope it helps you...as I said I wouldn't runaway..i'd be TOO shocked.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
my town is like a basis or something, surrounded by hills, so id take my gun and cross the hills and run for my life!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Nooo! Your plot sounds just like the plots from [i][b]Flight[/b][/i] and [i][b]The Pearl[/i][/b] by Steinbeck...uggghhh, I think I will keel over and die if I have to read something written by him again...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Really? I've never read either of those...

The idea of hiding in the mountains in a remote location is pretty obvious and pretty generic actually (Osama even knows about it lol). So the police would probably look there first! hehe

Right now I'm reading [b]The Dark Half[/b] by Stephen King. It's alright...but I personally think that SK is a little overrated...[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]
So the police would probably look there first! hehe

[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yes, as would three men and a donkey following you on foot... (it happens in The Pearl!!!)[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Nooo! Your plot sounds just like the plots from [i][b]Flight[/b][/i] and [i][b]The Pearl[/i][/b] by Steinbeck...uggghhh, I think I will keel over and die if I have to read something written by him again...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]::eyes go wide:: o.O [i]Don't mention that name to me![/i] PLEASE!!! :shudders::

Heh, my teacher is awesome...what are you talking about...[/SIZE]
Posted
I would just cross the boarder from ******** to Mexico or Cuba.....Stay for awhile until they forget about me....
Posted
[color=red]In all honesty.....I really don't know what I would do. I probably wouldn't survive(I live in a crowded suburbia, and my neighbors hate me with a passion...lol.) A couple of ideas crossed my mine, though.

1) I would crawl into the corner of my room, and cap anyone who tried to enter....
...Or...
2) I would jump from roof to roof like I was in the Matrix....
...Or...
3) I would shave my head, grab the scruffiest clothes I have and a baseball cap, and roam the streets until the situation cooled off.

Crazy ideas, huh?!:)[/color]
Posted
Heh not crazy...well the first one is a really good idea..Just that you need food and water....the second and third ones are just plain crazy
Posted
Well I thinkn I would survive as long as I was 16 cause the min. I turn 16 me and my dad are probly going to have a 69 Camaro and it will have a nitrous system and I know this for a fact cause we already have it well any way I am SURE I would be able to out run the cops:smirk: and make it to Mexico!!
Posted
actually...i have been in this situation before. not on the news, but wanted.

i'd break open my parents' safe & swipe all the cash (i know how to open it, but don't tell 'em), there's A LOT in there. i'd grab my brother's sawed-off shotgun & his black leather biker jacket. then i'd swipe my dad's keys & his car (just b/c it's the fastest, & i bear him the most resentment). i'd pick up the hottest guy i knew to take w/ me. i'd go on a huge bank-robbing spree (hey, i'm already wanted) to get set for life. then i'd go to mexico (screw canada, i've been there, it's damn cold & half the people don't speak the language & everything's way more expensive up there, in mexico it's dirt cheap. plus they've got the beaches, & the herb.).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...