OtakuBoards

Rock/Metal

Yuri

So how many rock and metal fans we have here?
well first poll 70s rock next poll up little bit of 80s-90s then next poll now time to see which already famous band will become a legend.:cool:

Yuri formaly known as Steven Hyde

Guest Master O Beans
Hmmm, now I'm not an expert on the band or anything...but I'm pretty damn sure Metallica wasn't famous in the '70s ...that would be extremely hard for them...SINCE THEY FIRST CD DIDN'T EVEN COME OUT UNTIL 1983! ( or something like that, early '80s!)

anyhoo, just thought you'd like to know :) not trying to be a smart @ss or anything :)

Metallica wasn't formed till the early 80's... and MoB is right... Kill em All, their first album, came out in 1983 and they weren't that popular at that time... they were rather popular with live crowds at the time though... mostly in LA if I'm not mistaken... anyway.... yeah so Metallica isn't 70's rock....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]Hmmm, now I'm not an expert on the band or anything...but I'm pretty damn sure Metallica wasn't famous in the '70s ...that would be extremely hard for them...SINCE THEY FIRST CD DIDN'T EVEN COME OUT UNTIL 1983! ( or something like that, early '80s!)

anyhoo, just thought you'd like to know :) not trying to be a smart @ss or anything :) [/B][/QUOTE]

YOU'RE RIGHT! How come I didn't think of that first? lol :D
Well I only love their music..but I'm not expert now..but that was somewhat obvious. :D lol

it's led zepplin...hands down...

but if i could've voted twice, i would've voted for metallica or the doors.

speaking of kill 'em all, did you know it wasn't the album's original name? they wanted to show a toilet w/ a razor blade sticking out of it & call it "metal up your @ss" but the producers wouldn't let them, so they called it kill 'em all, referring to the producers.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]it's led zepplin...hands down...

speaking of kill 'em all, did you know it wasn't the album's original name? they wanted to show a toilet w/ a razor blade sticking out of it & call it "metal up your @ss" but the producers wouldn't let them, so they called it kill 'em all, referring to the producers. [/B][/QUOTE]

hahahahahahah

ok that's funny! :laugh:

See I didn't know that! :D

HA! dumb producers..they should have let Metallica have it their way. :D

[B]it's led zepplin...hands down...

speaking of kill 'em all, did you know it wasn't the album's original name? they wanted to show a toilet w/ a razor blade sticking out of it & call it "metal up your @ss" but the producers wouldn't let them, so they called it kill 'em all, referring to the producers. [/B][/QUOTE]

Eh, yeah... Mateallica was fierce back then :p

Kill Em' All wasn't that good an album anyway.... I must rather enjoyed Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, "Black".... Load and Re-Load were.... not so good.... Garage Inc was just weird and I don't have the new one witht he orchestra.... i need it to have my full collection but well.... I don't .... yet....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Eh, yeah... Metallica was fierce back then :p

Kill Em' All wasn't that good an album anyway.... I must rather enjoyed Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, "Black".... Load and Re-Load were.... not so good.... Garage Inc was just weird and I don't have the new one witht he orchestra.... i need it to have my full collection but well.... I don't .... yet.... [/B][/QUOTE]

what are you talking about? that album rules just for "The Four Horsemen" alone!

[B]

what are you talking about? that album rules just for "The Four Horsemen" alone! [/B][/QUOTE]

One song can't make an album... I'd much rather listen to Master of Puppets :p

Although it's been a very long time since I've actually sat down and listened to Metallica for somtime....

Guest SS Trunks 2001
Long Live OZZY[SIZE=4]OZZY[/SIZE] [FONT=arial]Long Live OZZY[/FONT] [COLOR=red]Long Live OZZY[/COLOR] :devil: :flaming: :devil: :devil: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssj chic [/i]
[B]yea but u could have at least put some GOOD bands.... [/B][/QUOTE]

wtf??? okay, led zepplin, the doors, & metallica are some of the greatest bands of all time...they should've included pink floyd, though.

how could you guys not be voting for led zepplin? w/out them, none of the other bands (except the doors) would've existed. well, maybe black sabbath. but metallica definitely wouldn't have existed at all.

I agree but theese band are good and if you didn't have them there would be no metallica and the new bands we would be stuck with jazz and so on
and chic has no clue about the seventies at all so don't listen to her.

METALLICA all the way!!!!!!

Now, let me clear a few things up. The first Metallica album, Kill em all, came out in 81, not 83. However, they were out in the 70's because they toured with Ozzy Osbourne. I agree with Transtic, Master of puppets is better than Kill em all, but The Four HorseMen is an excellent song. But, the best album by far is the Black Album.

Guest Mr. Shiny Happy
Well, they're not exactly the best choices.

Which era do you mean by the beginining of Guns and Roses?

They've all got some pretty groovy songs, except I can't say I care for Metallica. The only song I ever liked that they sang was Whiskey in the Jar, and that was a cover.

Smoke on the Water is a dam cool song.