OtakuBoards

Outlaw Star

anime_guy

Outlaw Star [I]was[/I] my favorite anime, till C.N. took it off the air! its not on anywhere! i have one tape of it, its of the episode they never shows on TV.. ep 23... wanna know more just PM me, i dont wanna tlak bout it here....So, who else like Outlaw Star? WHy did Cartoon Network take it off the air? i hate them for that......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people like Outlaw Star and the reason they took it off was because they had shown it many times through already. Part of TV is getting new shows on the air, but in order to do that you have to get rid of some of the old ones. I'm sure it will be back eventually.

Oh and what's the big deal about the hot springs episode that you won't even talk about it? Bah!

i wont talk about it because its not totlay apropriate... and id ont want to get banned..... but, yes, it will probably be on agiain sometime..... i hope... but the new shows they have oten suck... well, it's their desition to make what they put on and take off air.....

[quote]didn't they suggest their'd be a sequal at the end when they got back on the ship?

I have it on dvd somewhere...but besides that I allways figured they scrapped the idea of a second one :-/[/quote] Your guess is right: Outlaw Star 2 has been suspended indefinately, and [I]I think[/I] it was completely canned. The premise was [I]Outlaw Star: The Adventures of Jim Hawking - oh, and Melfina Goes to High School[/I]. I don't think they even planned for Gene Starwind to make an appearance, and that, IMO, would guarantee the epilogue's failure.

Well the sequel may have been canned, but there was a spin off series.
I think the name of it was "Angel Links". It was set in the same universe as OS, but didn't have any of the main characters in it.

As for OS, its one of my favorite animes. I liked it so much, I bought the entire series on DVD.
My favorite characters were the McDougal brothers. They were so cool, especially [spoiler]after Harry got his cybernetic body.[/spoiler]

Oh, and the hot springs episode wasn't so bad. It was just full of major fan service.
But I was also the funniest episode, in the entire series.:D

Actually this serves as a nice reminder.

You don't miss it till it's gone. :(

I liked outlaw star thinking back and actually, that opening song for the real shows (not the toonami cuts) was really an awesome song.
(*walks away humming that song from the opening :D )

I loved that show, especially the kei pirates! pagawa sampha, pagawa sampha... ?_?

My favorite episode was always #15, the one where Gene duels Shimi and then Shimi's mentor, Leilong. [spoiler](and ends up killing them both.)[/spoiler] I wish Leilong had been given a more prominent role in the series, I always thought he'd be an awesome arch-villain for someone like Gene.

I thought Outlaw Star was an awesome show! I just loved the whole plot line and characters. I wish they'd put it back on the air, and some of these ones that really aren't that great off!
My favorite part about the series was Jim. He was so smart for a little kid, and makes you wonder, what would gene do without him? (Probobly not be able to get out of half the messes he gets into!)
All in all, it's great series, and i would suggest anyone who has not heard of it to watch it! It is well worth it!!!:)

I absolutely abhor this series - rather, I hate the fact that I've never seen the last episode because of how late the series came on. I remember having two chances to do so, and both times, something happened. The first time, I just couldn't stay up that late, and the second time, the VCR recording didn't work (or was the tape full?). In any case, I just wish I could have seen the answers to all the weirdness. :o

best show on earth... or was... and dont download! cuz then the companies wont put it on or make anymore! i need to buy some more tapes and DVDs of it... and fast... i cant find them in too many places now... but i know where to find them..and im so cold, my fingers are numb, and i can't type! :(

I just started watcing Outlaw Star. My friend has the whole series, including the hot springs episode, on DVD, and I'm slowly watching it. The theme songs are great! and the story is really good. I love it!

As much as I like outlaw star, I would rather that they did not make a sequal if they weren't going to do it right. I liked that series alot; it was one of the first animes that I watched, and it left a big impression on me. I wouldn't want to see it chopped up (like they did for angel links; the idea wasn't sound. The characters were what made the anime special.) Oh yeah, and the hot springs of planet tenrei episode was a good one; but don't show it to your younger sibs, as there is a reason that they didn't show it here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_guy [/i]
[B]lol... i wouldnt let my sibs watch that stuff... not that i ahve a lot *wink wink* lol.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]You have GOT to put more thoughts and efforts into your posts and make them a bit longer. You are spamming up my forum....[/color][/size]

ok! sorry! jeez...didnthey put it on at 3:00 AM? then i tihnk they put it back on toonami, didnt tyhey? er.. they put it on toonami again.. and moved back to adult swim, er... um... it went back and fourth for a while didnt it? then they took it off.. well... its something like that

Guest The Penguin God
It was on Toonami's Adult Swim, and had the awesome theme song. Then it went onto Adult Swim for a while, then was taken off the air. Which is sad. I want my Aisha!
*sobs*
But, that's over now. So now I gain money to have all episodes on a 3 DVD set. IMO, nobody can beat Twilight Suzuka. Not Aisha, not Gene....I don't care if he did embarass her. But this is also the reason why Gene wouldn't be in the sequels. Suzuka killed him, then Fred. Just like she promised.
Which reminds me; Does Suzuka remember she joined to kill gene? Or did she forget like Aisha?

[Color=#503F86]Ah, they're showing it on Toonami UK (formerly CNX) at the moment. It's entirely unedited to boot, so the Hot Springs one was shown about two days ago, hehe.

The last episode's on tonight in just under an hour- I can't wait to watch it and find out what happens. It's been a fantastic series so far- I missed the first few eipsodes, but catching up with the details was fairly easy. Hopefully they'll keep showing it after this so I can review the ones I haven't seen.

I was wondering about a sequel last night, actually. The thing about serii like this is that once everything's been wrapped up, there's little else to do without the storyline being horribly contrived or far-fetched. For it to be successful they'd have to have Gene, too. I know I'd be loathe to watch it if he wasn't in it.[/COLOR]

I love Outlaw Star, it's such an enjoyable series. Anime Guy, if you're willing to spend 45 dollars, Sam Goody has the DVD's in sets of 9 or 8 episodes. Or you could just spend 90 and get the whole series.

You could also go to FYE, but they cost more, and I don't trust them. *Growl*

Whatever you do, don't get the entire set for $90. I managed to score a legal (unburned) set for $25(+10 s&h) off e-bay. It had all the episodes and was unedited. I'm not holding my breath for CN to play the series again, but it is definately worth $35 to get all the episodes.

Outlaw was awesome but its good they took it off the air cause i watched it 6 times through on CN when i was living in the states and i wish there would be a sequal but unless there was a big big push for it it wont come. so i guess we wont see another one... but i still wanna see the hotsprings episode yet i dont have a good job right now and unless i cant get the biologist's assistant job at the fish farm i wont be buying outlaw on dvd any time soon.

Guest The Penguin God
My advice on seeing the Hot Springs Episode? Take one of these three choices.

1) Buy Outlaw Star on DVD.
2) Have a friend with Outlaw Star on either.
3) Use Kazaa. Not entirely the safest way, but most likely the cheapest.

Outlaw Star is one of the only good Anime thats showing in the UK at the moment. Although saying that its been repeated like 5 times already... Actually I think it finished over the weekend :P. Oh well. Anyway I'm pritty sure the version of outlaws star showing on the Toonami Channel in the UK is the uncut version. I mean they show ep 23! hehehe great series!