OtakuBoards

Outlaw Star

anime_guy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I haven't seen Outlaw Star in several years, so I don't remember it very well. I do recall liking the show, and Gene in particular; it's easy to follow and provides a good combination of action, comedy and romance. At the same time, Outlaw Star adheres too closely to many anime stereotypes--the fact that its main characters are planet-hopping bounty hunters naturally leads one to compare it to Cowboy Bebop. Outlaw Star ends up looking less than stellar when contrasted with such a skillfully done show. But it's nevertheless a fairly good example of the space opera genre, and I really enjoyed watching its love story unfold.

~Dagger~

Yes, I have to agree Outlaw Star was a GREAT anime. But there is much more anime that is easily better in my opinion. I have to admit though, after I watched the unedited version of the show i took a greater liking to it. I hate when anime is released on television and all of the things that make anime so different are cut out. Meh...I think ill end my ramble right there.

Guest OutlawKFK
very sorry Semjaza but the anime is like cowboy bebop but there is a difference there s a big difference cowboybebop doesnt have a hot android named melfina hahah beat that faye

It's agreed that Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop are very similar, although I prefer Cowboy Bebop, as someone has told me on OB, "It's the thinking man's anime." Indeed Outlaw Star is visually stunning and it's plot is very original, but you just have to respect the "realism" quality in Cowboy Bebop and every character in Cowboy Bebop has a remarkable past that drags you into the storyline. The animation itself also "glides" (like a Rolex lol) and is visually pleasing. Music also plays an important role in good anime. Outlaw Star has nice music (especially ones that Malfina sings) but Yoko Kanno will forever be the master(ess) in Cowboy Bebop. It all comes down to what you prefer, creativity and imagination or realism and dynamic characters.

P.S. I'd pick Faye over Malfina any day :D

I liked alot of outlaw star, and since it's been off of cn for a while, it hasn't come up as much... soo... I thought I would opine.

Looking back on the series, what sticks out the most was the opening title song and animation. That was a great tune with some nice little fanservice/story insights.

Yeah, I liked the show, but to say it's the best :confused: ;)

I liked Outlaw Star and i was really one of the first anime shows i saw. I liked the characters, and the plot just seemed to appeal to me. I think it was the whole "everyone is after me!" thing. I think it was cool who one group of people could cause so much communtion in the galazy. You could also say the same for Cowboy Bebop. But you must give credit where credit is due. Altough OS may never live up to Cowboy Bebop, it is still a great anime in it's own rights.

I think you are correct in that. From what I read, Angel Links is pretty much tied in to Outlaw Star in the fact thatthey are in the same "universe". They share the same species and whatnot, and the Galaxy forces and Pirates may be in there, but storywise... it has absolutly nothing to do with Outlaw Star what soever. I heard it wasn't that great of series either...
On a lighter note, I did hear that the creator is considering making a few OVA's on OS this year. If it's true then I'm going to look forward to it. *imagines better qualtiy, and more the stroyline continued.*

I do like Cowboy Bebop too btw :). But don't like comparing anime as such; they are different, and that's why they really can't ever be compared sucessfully.

Guest Inuyasha7575
When I first saw Outlaw Star I thought it was amazing,but since watching Cowboy Beebop I really have not thought much of Outlaw Star especially since I have not heard or seen anything about it since they stopped showing it on t.v.

• 1 year later...
hi i also love outlaw star. i am mad that they havent made another one and didnt not go and play it over and over like they do cowboy bebop. is there a new series of it coming out? i heard on the net does anyone know if thats true? i think that outlaw star is an anime that has changed my veiw on futuristic anime so cool i love it. :animesigh

[quote name='aires']outlaw star was a cool show[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Please try and put more detail into your posts in future, aires- replies that are too short will be deleted as spam. It doesn't take much; just explain what you liked about the show and/or anything else you can think of. Extra effort's always appreciated, heh ^_~[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
I was just wondering about something that i heard about Outlaw Star.

Suppossedly there is another series that Outlaw Star is linked to. Not Angel Links; one that came before Outlaw Star. I hear it has something to do with the ending art. I also remember hearing something about the star on genes arm being a symbol or soemthing.

I am unsure whether these are just net rumors or if the anime actually exists.

If you know what i am talking about; either you have heard the same rumor and know it to be false, or you know the anime.

Many Thanks,

VR

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=-3]I highly doubt it, as if there was I am pretty sure it would have already surfaced already. [b]Outlaw Star[/b] was ended, there was pretty much nothing left to continue.

[IMG]http://img128.echo.cx/img128/9875/end69of.jpg[/IMG]

The artwork (Sample Above) that is displayed during the credits is actually just [i]other[/i] random works of art from the show's creator (Forgive me, I forget his name. Details, I do not care for). They have absolutely *nothing* to do with the show at all. It was just another way for him to show off his amazing art skills. Which I do commend him for. :D

So yeah, I think it's just a bunch of rumors started by people who want a the series to continue so badly. I think [b]Outlaw Star[/b] is a great series and all...but lets keep it as is and not ruin it by trying to lengthen the story. Let it go already.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 7 months later...