OtakuBoards

Little note for the Lion King

Baron Samedi

Heh. I was reading The Da Vinci Code, and I found out something- which you may want to check if you have the DVD. Sometime, there will be floating dust particles over Simba's head. Pause it then, and the word 'SEX' should be spelt out in the particles- I would love to know if this is true. Please check this.

Imagine that. Some prank-loving animator dreaming of getting home to his/her wife/husband/[whatever]friend, decided to play a joke. lol

[size=1]Oh, there's a ton of stuff like that with quite a few of the Disney movies. I never seen the one in the Lion King, but if you check out the box cover of the Little Mermaid, one of the castle towers looks suspiciously like a man's genitalia. I thought there was something in Aladdin as well, but I don't really remember.

So that's in The Da Vinci Code? Weird. :p I've just started reading that, too. How exciting, something to look forward to. Heh.[/size]

In Aladdin: Return of Jafar, in the big battle toward the end you hear Aladdin yell, "Take off your pants, kids!"

The one in the Lion King is true, I saw that. It's in the scene, where's he sitting with Timon and Pumba and they've just finished eating and they're burping and the like. Then he gets really depressed and he walks off alone and lets himself fall in the grass and all this white feathery stuff and dirt and stuff comes into the air. That's what spells SEX.

And in the little mermaid too. They also say the priest had a stiffy when he was marrying Ariel and Eric in the end.

The things I learned in Sunday School.

In the Little Mermaid it's definitely clear what it is. They show that priest from a few angles, and when you see him from the front you can tell it's his knobby little knees that are bent down. When it spins to the side view, that's when some idiot was like "oh, it looks like..." and that was that. Despite it being proved to the contrary so many other times, it's still spoken of as if it was something else.

In any case, this is OLD news. We're talking stuff that was known almost right after the movies came out... which was way in the 90s.

Disney has explainations for all but one of these myths. Whether or not they're telling the truth and it's just your dirty minds at work, or if there really is something nasty going on-- no one can be sure.

Disney claims "SEX" in the dust is actually "SFX"-- the Special Effects department tossing in a self-tribute.

They also say the phallus on the cover of the Little Mermaid movie is just your dirty little minds at work, and you wouldn't see a phallus if somebody hadn't told you about it.

The only folly Disney admits to and apologizes for is a scene in The Rescuers. Bernard and Bianca (two mice) are riding Orville (a seagull) past a building. If you look in the background in slow-motion, you can see a painting of a naked woman in one of the windows. Somebody in the studio decided to pull a prank, and it wasn't discovered until long after the film hit video.

The Lion King sex dust is very vague, it is hardly readable.

[img]http://www.dopejam.com/bop/RUMBLING/CORP/lion1.gif[/img]

It could also say "SFX", there is no way of telling exactly becuase the word trails off in the dust, making it look like it [i]could[/i] be an E, but also an F.

Perhaps I'm wrong--but I'm almost certain this was removed from the DVD. I've not watched it in some time, but from what I last remembered, the dust was pixelated in the newly released version of the film so that you couldn't see the spelling--or at the very least, they've further obscured it.

But, yeah, this news is so old it's certainly a non-issue at this point. It shouldn't have been a problem to begin with in my opinion. Some people just have too much time on their hands.

[color=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, who knows how much stress these guys have to put up with. . think about it. If you put in as much work as the animators did (or worked long as a voice actor), I think you would want to put your little contributions in a major picture too! =P I am not saying that they needed to put in. . but who knows. I have also heard all of the little stories about each of the movies. . but it's not really that big of a deal in my opinion. [/SIZE][/color]

In Aladdin, the part where he's on that terrece thing and being attacked be the tiger, he clearly but quietly says "Take off your clothes."

Don't ask how I know this. (My friends have weird taste when it comes to movies and 15th birthday parties)

Guest cloricus
This sort of thing happens in video games, it's called an Easter Egg and happens often in most things that have a medium that hides things well. (Motion picture, game, product with obscured parts, programs.) They first appeared in an Atari game IIRC and they are all over the place, the movie Matrix had a ton of them; even a slightly hidden ad for "HP". (AHEM, hidden advertising, AHEM.)

I've never knew that there're more than just one of these..well....stuff happening in "children films." Now that Lion King issue really freaked me out. I don't have the DVD though.

The only movie I know that has this kind of problem is the Little Mermaid scene with the Pope. That part where Eric and Ersila (sorry for the mispell) in disguise, and once the Pope says "d-dearly beloved.." something nasty just sticked out of his pants.

I was in either 8th or 9th grade when my class and I watched the movie. It was because we have to watch something G rated:grumble: Then, once that scene was shown, one of my classmates pointed out the problem. Boy, I was laughing so hard. I had to see it for myself on my own tape;...he wasn't lying. Then, I showed it to my parents; they too laughed and were shocked at the same time. It was funny, and yet terrible.

I guess societies in any form do urge children to grow up; big time. Oh, what a world.:worried:

I watched the DVD yesterday, and didn't see it in it. They probably realized their mistake, after hearing it from fans like us. lol. :)
This really isn't anything that bad, but i just noticed that while watching it, Simba's eyes change color. First they are yellow...then they go white...and they go back to yellow. It does it throughout the movie. Is there a method in this madness, or just and animator screw-up???

I wonder if anyone reads any other posts in these threads... The priest thing in the Little Mermaid has already been explained and you would realize that it's not what perverted minds make themselves think if you actually paid attention to the animation in the entire scene. Instead people just jump to conclusions and say "OH IT LOOKS LIKE HE HAS A HARD ON!!!"

Adults make these films. I am sure a good deal of the people involved are disgruntled from time to time. These things happen... but in the case of some of these mentioned, they're totally BS.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I wonder if anyone reads any other posts in these threads... The priest thing in the Little Mermaid has already been explained and you would realize that it's not what perverted minds make themselves think if you actually paid attention to the animation in the entire scene. Instead people just jump to conclusions and say "OH IT LOOKS LIKE HE HAS A HARD ON!!!"

Adults make these films. I am sure a good deal of the people involved are disgruntled from time to time. These things happen... but in the case of some of these mentioned, they're totally BS. [/B][/QUOTE]

Apparently people do not. What [b]c[/b]an I say? At [b]l[/b]east we kn[b]o[/b]w [b]s[/b]ome of th[b]e[/b]se people aren?t the ones who spot obscure sexual references. Their attention span [b]d[/b]oesn?t allow them to identify clearly defined points in a discussion. ^_^

Anyway, I don't see a reason why I should allow this thread to continue. We've established and re-established the central theme of this thread for as long as I care to see: People need to get their minds out of the gutter and find lives--fast.