OtakuBoards

I wish some people had more nerve!

Guest OutlawKFK

Guest OutlawKFK
Ever been walking down the road and have someone honk as you cross the street like they cant wait.

Well heres my solution to these problems 1. when they honk the horn instead of walking faster slow down.

2. Yell at the person

3.crawl across the street

those are my suggestions what are yours

People are impatient at libraries too :demon:

[color=003333][size=1]My advice to you is to build the largest bomb you can from common household items. Light it and chuck it at the next rude person you see.

OOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Maybe be a little more considerate yourself. Perhaps you really are moving too slowly across the street. Look at it from their standpoint. Maybe you're the rude one.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KnightOfTheRose [/i]
[B][color=003333][size=1]My advice to you is to build the largest bomb you can from common household items. Light it and chuck it at the next rude person you see.[/size][/color][/b][/quote]

[color=crimson][size=1] I second that motion so much more then you'll ever know[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KnightOfTheRose [/i]
[B][color=003333][size=1]
Maybe be a little more considerate yourself. Perhaps you really are moving too slowly across the street. Look at it from their standpoint. Maybe you're the rude one.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] I really do agree on this part as well, maybe you shouldn't take leisurely time walking across the road when maybe other people DO have places they need to get too, some times in a big hurry as well. Maybe there actually being generous with the whole situation on there standpoint of view.[/color][/size]

Let's not forget that the person in the car is controlling a weapon on wheels. Some drivers would actually have the huevos to run down someone crawling across the street. Even if it means they'll serve life in jail for killing you, at least they'll get to their destination in time.

On the way back to my house from Six Corners (a shopping area near my house), you have to go under a viaduct. On the top of this is where the Metra trains go, so it's sadly necessary.

Anyway, this is a rather large viaduct. As soon as it ends there is a turn off onto an on-ramp that goes onto the 94 East. The problem is that there is no sign or anything here. People whip out of the tunnel at 30+ MPH, some going straight and some going onto the on-ramp.

It's an absolute death trap for pedestrians. You can barely see what's coming out from the viaduct because of the darkness and the columns holding it up. So you have to blindly walk across this really wide on-ramp hoping that no one slams into you,

Every single time I wait until I think no one is coming, and every single time someone almost hits me. Let's not pay attention to the fact that they shouldn't be going that fast there anyway or the yield for pedestrians sign or the fact that it's a valid crosswalk. No one cares.

I've had countless times where someone almost slams into me and then beeps like [i]I'm[/i] in the wrong. I think that pisses me off more than people almost hitting me. At times I just want to go up to these people and kick their headlights in. Usually I just shout some obscenity at them and go on my way.

In addition to this, I spend hours of nearly every day downtown. I don't know how most people's downtowns are, but I'm in Chicago and it's pretty hectic. You'll almost be hit by something a few times a week.

I think the biggest one was at State Street. A SUV totally blew the red light. Everyone else was stopped, but this guy plowed right through finally coming to a stop just past the crosswalk.

We already had the walk light and if I started across as soon as I usually do (like right when it turns white), I would have went flying. I was really lucky that day.

But you know the worst part? The people driving the SUV where [b]laughing[/b] after they did that. [b]******* laughing[/b]. Some other guy went off on them for it, so I didn't bother... but I still cannot imagine that to this day, and I actually saw it with my own eyes.

Thats intersting....

The other day my step mother was picking my step sister up from play practice. My step mother had been in a bad mood that day, and my sister talked with her friends for 30 minutes after the practice was over. My stepmother got mad and my sister thought she was being rude (when she was the rude one)

so its all in how you look at it...

haha i'm grateful to just cross the street most people around here don't even stop to let ppl cross the street so when someone does you tend to be more grateful rather the freak out cuz they want youto walk a little faster.

its really all in how you analyze the situation i mean the persons spouse could be dying of a heart attackat the hospital and they need to get there to hear thier last words and here you are strolling across the road at a snails pace while thier most loved one is dying... I'd be more then a lil peeved off if i was the person in the car in this situation and then when they honk the horn to get you to hurry up ... you procced to flip them off cuss them out or pull down your drawers... jeez no offense but i seriously would run over you!

Then again you have the ******** that can't be patient.
stitch

Guest OutlawKFK
In Monroe where i live people go through alletways and side walks at 35 maybe 40 mph

Its so easy to get hit most the time you do get hit and then they beep till there hands sore cause you got in their way

Its so dumb i cant wait to get a car :D

[COLOR=indigo]So their rudeness annoys you, yet you propose to be rude back to them...

I'm sorry atleast to me that makes no sense what so ever. If you think they are ******** for doing such why should you sink down to their level and become an asshole as well. Sure you might be happy because you "got back" at him, but what does that make you look like to everyone else...an asshole.

Thats why you have so many road rage issues now a'days we have people who think that you just HAVE to get back at someone when they do anything wrong towards you which is utterly idiotic.

Let things slide...oh well they honked at you? Oh dear god, are you ok!? Did it hurt?! Did the noise of the honk steal away your sanity?! *rolls his eyes* It didn't hurt you, you're fine he's fine you're both on your way...leave it at that![/COLOR]

Guest OutlawKFK
So they can call on a little thing called PATIENCE it there in their brains and yes the horns hurt my ears very much so much that i hate the people who honk at me.

So i stoop to there level and be rude back its the only way i can get back at them it's not like i'm going to stop them and talk to them about their bad patience

[COLOR=indigo]Why get back at them? What has vengence trully accomplished? Nothing besides more pain and suffering (on larger scales) and irritation and grudges (on lower scales)

So he has bad patience and what are you going to do? Have bad patience yourself? Are you not being a hypocrit by saying that he has bad patience, but acting the same right back to him.

So then you, yourself, are no better than the honking man that annoys you so. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo]I'm not trying to be impatient nor am I trying to be rude, I'm simply just expressing my own opinion as you, yourself did.

So sorry if I was rude or if flamed you in the least bit, it was not intended.

Anyways, well whatever the case I hope whatever you do works out for you.[/COLOR]

I um didn't see Lalaith Ril use any big words...but oh well guess thats why I'm in advanced Languge Arts. :p heh.

Yes well I live in the shuburbs around Washington D.C. so from 5pm to 8pm you should try to avoid crossing streets at all cost. People come whizzing down the main road up the street and to the right of my house at at [i]least[/i] 45 MPH. So it's pretty much a death trap. So when I have to cross the street I just run like hell. Haven't been hit yet.(Crap now I'm gonna jinx myself) Of course I've also learned some of the backways so you don't have to cross that many of the heavly used roads. So you could just try to avoid it...

The drivers might be rude, but they have the upper hand in this sort of case. You walk to slow and they might just run you down. There are too many crazy people in this world.

And it really goes both ways. If a driver honks at someone they're putting their lives in danger also because the person walking might've had a bad day. If they had a weapon they probably wouldn't hesitate to use it.