OtakuBoards

Shinmaru makes banners and avatars?!

Shinmaru

Uh...not quite.

Due to the weird nature of my sense of humor, I got an idea for a goofy banner/avatar combination recently. Please bear in mind a couple things:

1) These are not meant to be technical masterpieces. I wrote this using MS Paint and it took me about a minute or so.

2) No, I'm not insulting myself, so don't give me any crap about that. These are just meant to be goofy, lighthearted weird things much like the man whom made them and is currently using then.

With that in mind, feel free to rate, insult, praise or whatever. Meanwhile, I'll be stylin' and profilin' with my new banner and avatar.

Oh, and credit goes to OtakuSennen for helping me resize my avatar and for providing the orginal banner (without the horrendous marking on it). Sennen is cool.

Oh my god. You have absolutely ruined it. Seriously, I don't want to be mean but crap, look at that. It was so muchc cooler before. (Rememebr you said we could insult it). Even the thought of having a banner like that would make me cry. Don't know how you can stand it.

--EDIT--
In retrospect I see I sound somewhat like a pompous ***. I'll kepp the post as it is anyway.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CompletelyRando [/i]
[B]--EDIT--
In retrospect I see I sound somewhat like a pompous ***. I'll kepp the post as it is anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

[i]Somewhat[/i].....?

I must say, CR, that was unnecessarily vitriolic. At first, I was under the impression that you were speaking in jest, but your edit made me think otherwise.

Insults are all and well, but you didn't say why you preferred the original version of "Syk3's Biatch," which ended up making your post sound almost like a personal attack. Which of course it wasn't, since I know you're a cool guy and all.

Certain types of insults can be entertaining and educational. Yours weren't either.

Anyway, Shin--I love it, as you already know. I think that the fact that the text is handwritten makes it funnier. It's legible, but just barely, and that adds to the "goofy, lighthearted, weird"-ness of the banner/avatar combo.

~Dagger~

Hehe... didn't mean to offend anyone. I just really preferred his old one. I'm not exactly familiar with Shin that much, so I haven't been exposed to his sense of humour. Once again, sorry if I offended anyone. I'd never set out to insult anyone. I was insulting the banner because I found it... vulgar.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]Perfectly understable, Shinmaru, but why didn't you just type the text instead of manually/handwriting it? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Sir Azure, if I typed out the text it would take away from the goofy nature of the avatar/banner. Typed out text, in my opinion, would give this combo too much of a technological feel...I wanted this to look more like a small child did it, if that's understandable. The text is just barely legible enough to read, yet it's ugly as sin. I've done my work :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CompletelyRando [/i]
[B]Oh my god. You have absolutely ruined it. Seriously, I don't want to be mean but crap, look at that. It was so muchc cooler before. (Rememebr you said we could insult it). Even the thought of having a banner like that would make me cry. Don't know how you can stand it.

--EDIT--
In retrospect I see I sound somewhat like a pompous ***. I'll kepp the post as it is anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

Eh, that's one person's opinion lol. I won't take away your right to say my work is a piece of crap but, like I said earlier, this was not meant to be a technological masterpiece. This was meant to be a goofy banner/avatar set made for a goofy guy to use.

And I want to go on the record and say that this banner doesn't make me want to cry - it makes me want to call myself a lame *** :whoops:

Oh, and I wasn't offended at all, so no hard feelings, heh. Takes a lot more than that to offend me. And, yes, my sense of humor really is this odd.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B][i]Somewhat[/i].....?

I must say, CR, that was unnecessarily vitriolic. At first, I was under the impression that you were speaking in jest, but your edit made me think otherwise.

Insults are all and well, but you didn't say why you preferred the original version of "Syk3's Biatch," which ended up making your post sound almost like a personal attack. Which of course it wasn't, since I know you're a cool guy and all.

Certain types of insults can be entertaining and educational. Yours weren't either.

Anyway, Shin--I love it, as you already know. I think that the fact that the text is handwritten makes it funnier. It's legible, but just barely, and that adds to the "goofy, lighthearted, weird"-ness of the banner/avatar combo.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

Eeeeee! My first fan! ^_____^;

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to accomplish here, heh. Goofy, lighthearted and weird - that's what this stuff is here to be. Also good to hear that you love it ^_^

And thanks for defending me, heh - very appreciated. And you even used a cool word! Vitriolic just sounds really cool...I must use it in a sentence one of these days :D

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look over mine strange banner/avatar, everyone. Your comments and critiques, whether good or bad, are definitely appreciated.

[color=teal]xD

omg, lik..ur banner..OMG ITS SO N00B!!1!#$@%%^& u just teh suk..stop makin banners. dud. im serious. NO. stop. just stop. leav it 2 teh pros/. :flaming: :excited: :smooch: :butthead: :angel:

Yes, our humour goes together like..em..James and moderating. =p Great banner you made yourself there, Shin. Very original and does a great job of exposing others to the aforementioned humour that those of us that chat with you on AIM get a taste of every day. The text, in my opinion, is a lot better when drawn out, and I especially like how you instinctively drew in a one. :) I liked the original..and I like the changes. Good stuff.

Now get back to work and make me a sammich, biatch! [/color]:drunk:

Wow... that sure beats the crap out of Syk's banner! *laughs at Syk and his banner*

I think it is awesome! But... you should have added more !'s and also more 1's. That would have made it much better... just one ! and one 1 doesn't cut it. I expect better from you in the future... (But it's still better than Syk's)

~Da Love Child who is worth a dollar~

Im inclined to go with CR on this one >>;

I mean as far as ... joke banners shall we say, as far as joke banners go, its pretty good. But on the scale I would rate any other banner, I dont like it. The "hand writing" is a nice touch though. Plus syk is everyones biatch =o

Jokiness - 9/10
Normalness - 4/10

Just generally- it looks terrible. As a Shiny Shite-y Shin thing though- it rocks. lol ^____^.

I must say- your handwriting is... ony slightly worse than mine. lol. As an artist[strike]e[/strike], it is lacking. As a person who has the pleasure of being slightly acquainted with you- it is a picasso. marvellous.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha! More replies!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B][color=teal]xD

omg, lik..ur banner..OMG ITS SO N00B!!1!#$@%%^& u just teh suk..stop makin banners. dud. im serious. NO. stop. just stop. leav it 2 teh pros/. :flaming: :excited: :smooch: :butthead: :angel:

Yes, our humour goes together like..em..James and moderating. =p Great banner you made yourself there, Shin. Very original and does a great job of exposing others to the aforementioned humour that those of us that chat with you on AIM get a taste of every day. The text, in my opinion, is a lot better when drawn out, and I especially like how you instinctively drew in a one. :) I liked the original..and I like the changes. Good stuff.

Now get back to work and make me a sammich, biatch! [/color]:drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]

You should've left just the first paragraph ~_^

In any case, thanks for the compliments, Master Syk3. I'm glad you liked the changes :) You and Sennen were the ones I was worried most about liking this because, of course, the banner relates to you (uh...only sort of now lol) and Sennen made the banner. But it seems that you both like it, which is nice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by K.K.C. [/i]
[B]Wow... that sure beats the crap out of Syk's banner! *laughs at Syk and his banner*

I think it is awesome! But... you should have added more !'s and also more 1's. That would have made it much better... just one ! and one 1 doesn't cut it. I expect better from you in the future... (But it's still better than Syk's)

~Da Love Child who is worth a dollar~ [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha, that signature you put at the bottom of your post is priceless :p

I tried to add more !'s and 1's to the banner before but my handwriting (or mousewriting, I suppose) was too big lol. Curse the curse of large handwriting! Curse it! *shakes fist*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcadia [/i]
[B][size=1]Of course the banner rocks, Shin made it. Well.. added on to it. Er. Yeah. Anyway, it's very funny, and like Syk3 said, the one at the end of it is fantastic. Genius!

You have terrible handwriting, by the way. ^_~[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Genius, eh? You have confirmed what I've known for years...I enjoy it when people call me a genius.

And, yes, I have terrible handwriting lol. I'm just glad that this is worse than my real handwriting @_@

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaisuke [/i]
[B]Im inclined to go with CR on this one >>;

I mean as far as ... joke banners shall we say, as far as joke banners go, its pretty good. But on the scale I would rate any other banner, I dont like it. The "hand writing" is a nice touch though. Plus syk is everyones biatch =o

Jokiness - 9/10
Normalness - 4/10 [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoo! Good enough to warrant a 4/10 from Kenji! I'm surprised it earned even that much lol. I've seen you be pretty brutal when it comes to rating banners, heh.

I'm glad you rated it high on the jokiness scale, though...I didn't even know a jokiness scale existed. And I didn't know Syk3 was everyone's biatch *looks over in Syk3's direction* What have you been hiding?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]Just generally- it looks terrible. As a Shiny Shite-y Shin thing though- it rocks. lol ^____^.

I must say- your handwriting is... ony slightly worse than mine. lol. As an artist[strike]e[/strike], it is lacking. As a person who has the pleasure of being slightly acquainted with you- it is a picasso. marvellous. [/B][/QUOTE]

Shiny Shite-y Shin...that's me. Heh.

I'm glad to hear that my handwriting continues to be terrible...I shall corrupt a new line of awful handwriters for the next generation...or something. And interesting that you choose to compare this to Picasso lol. I'll take it, though :)

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I didn't know I was so loved :blush:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]And I didn't know Syk3 was everyone's biatch *looks over in Syk3's direction* What have you been hiding?[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Aww, what I'm sure he meant to say was that everyone was my biatch? Oh well, I think he's just jealous of you that you get to be my official biatch, and not him. :) I could get you to run a few unofficial errands, Kenji, if it means that much to you.

I do think a few ones and exclamation points would have been better, as long as it's not the same number of each, heh.[/color]

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]Bwa ha ha ha ha ha! More replies!

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I didn't know [b]I was so loved[/b] :blush: [/B][/QUOTE]

*punches Shinmaru in the face and slings him into the corner*
:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :mad: :mad: :mad: I wonder if there's a limit to smiley faces. =_=

Wow! What a great banner. Because it is. So. ...Great. ....Uh. *pats Shinmaru* Gud job. I shouldn't even be writing this, you know that? *waits to get beat up*

But really, it's a humorous banner in a self-hating sort of way. Yeah, I'm right, this is spam. Maybe I'll get banned! :)

P.S. Are you left-handed?

P.S.S. Will you delete this post because it is spam or not because it is a reply to your might banner? HM?!

P.S.S. Are you supposed to put two Ps or two Ss when you do the P.S. thing and you extend it like PPS or PSS or like PPPS or PSSS or *explodes* [/size]

Nope, I'm not deleting your reply...because it made me laugh like a little girl. lol

And, nope, I'm not left-handed. My handwriting is just that ugly! lol

And, honestly, I have no idea. I've often wondered how many S's or P's one is supposed to put when they do that. I think that's why I don't write letters.

So, whee. Your flaming red smiles of doom tell me that you like the banner. Yeah. >_>

And if you were banned, mal, I would be sad. Very sad, indeed.

I've made a couple additions to the banner, per request. I moved the start of the elipses over to the far left and added one more exclamation point and one more 1. So, yeah, here it is.

Thats more like it Shinmo! *Glomps* but it could still be better. Take my Location for example.

KKC's Location: [i]GLOMPING PIPPIN!!!11!!!11!111![/i]

Now that is using your 1s and !s. Although, I do understand your "limit" of space on your banner... ya know... you could always get your biatch (sennen) to make you another one just like the old one, only it is longer so when you add the 1s and !s you'll have alot more room to crazy with, but thats just your daughter talking... T_T

~Da Love Child Who Is Worth A Dollar~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B][color=teal]Very original and does a great job of exposing others to the aforementioned humour that those of us that chat with you on AIM get a taste of every day.

Now get back to work and make me a sammich, biatch! [/color]:drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehehe..."get a taste" of Shinny. MmmMMmm good. LOL.

The text looks great, Shinny. Looks almost like a child's pencil graffiti on a desk...and actually, it shares the same exact theme, too...insulting someone. Nice work!

And I want a sammich, too.

[color=navy]I liked it Shinmaru. It was very funny.

You could do with a few more !'s and 1's, like K.K.C. said but I understand that there's not enough room.

Your avi is also funny. I never knew that dissing yourself could be fun but, well, everyone has there own ideas of fun.

And, lol, I'm hungry, so you think you could make me a sammich too?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark_dragongirl [/i]
[B][color=navy]I liked it Shinmaru. It was very funny.

You could do with a few more !'s and 1's, like K.K.C. said but I understand that there's not enough room.

Your avi is also funny. I never knew that dissing yourself could be fun but, well, everyone has there own ideas of fun.

And, lol, I'm hungry, so you think you could make me a sammich too?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the critique ^_^

I agree that it could do with a few more !s and 1s but I simply write too big for it to ever come into fruition lol. Two of each seems to be my maximum :cross:

And dissing yourself can be very funny. Look at Conan O'Brien; he's made an entire career out of it :p

And I could make you a sammich, if Syk3 lets me slip you one on the side >_>

It really is too bad that you don't have enough room for more !s and 1s... I could just see it.... "...is a lame ***1!!1!one!1"

Otherwise it's very wonderful. Like a spammer just decided to scribble on your banner.

...You know, now that I think about it... that could happen... Be careful!

Oh, and I guess you can't get in trouble for having a naughty word on it, you being a mod and all. Phhhtt... lucky bum...

Well, I [i]did[/i] ask James about it lol. It's not like I decided to just make this out of the blue, heh. I was actually concerned over the content of the banner for a while. And I don't really get any special privileges or anything because I'm a mod...I'm subject to the same rules as anyone else o_O;

But, in any case, thanks for the critique. Definitely appreciated.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]And I don't really get any special privileges or anything because I'm a mod...I'm subject to the same rules as anyone else o_O;
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, and you just enforce the rules, not make them, right?

Shin: That's it, Shinmaru! I'm writing you up a ticket for swearing in your banner!

Shin: Oh yeah?! Well, you can just shove that ticket up your --

Shin: Don't say that word!

Shin: What? Or you'll write me up a ticket?!