OtakuBoards

The Dragon King

Vicky

[size=1][b]OOC:[/b] It would help us get the battle started if we knew what these "horsemen" were. Unless you actually mean they are part man, part horse, lol. (though, I doubt it)

-------------------------------------

Laucian was circling overhead, nearly a silhuoette against the sky. He was an extremely self-sufficient being. He knew he did not need a horse to go along with the others. Flight has always been faster than ground travel, and even if he did fall behind for whatever reason, he could just cast a spell of haste on himself. Laucian peered down from the sky to see that the others had stopped and turned around forming a line of defense. He looked ahead of the from where they had come and saw many horsemen coming there way. He glared at them and turned around flying higher up into the air only to let himself freefall in a divebomb back down to the group. Just inches before he would hit ground he stopped himself and kept himself upright and afloat in the air. He took out his staff and held it in one hand ready for battle ...[/size]

[SIZE=1][B]OOC: Opps, that would have been a good idea! ^_^;; I think it would be bested if at first they would only be skilled men, since some men are evil. So their race is men, and they're the skilled type. Sorry for not mentioning that.

[COLOR=blue]Dango looked up.
"Seems we are out numbered." Laughed Quel. "Well, I can tell tey are men from here!" Quel added.
"Yes, but very skilled warriors. Men on the Dragon King's side, are very good horse men." Dango replied. Dango took his sword in his right hand and looked ahead.
"I hope we can remeber which way to go after this..." Serena grumbled. Dango smiled and looked at the Horse men. There had to be atleast 14 of them... 2 for each person. Dango smiled to himself.
"I am going ahead, stay here, follow me if you wish, but I will not charge straight into battle." Dango said to them speeding off. He pasted Laucian with a lot of speed from his horse, but Laucian just stayed focused. Each horseman looked evil, and everyone of them hand a spear and short sword.

Dango stopped as they all got closer. He wasn't too far ahead of his friends, but he could take two on in any close style of combat, close range or not. 12 horsemen sped pass Dango, and 2 circled him. The men on the horse's where tall, both with long black hair and thick armour. One was on a black horse, the other on a brown horse. Suddenly one man charged at Dango. Dango's horse, Shadow jumped backwards avoiding the long spear and stomping on the spear breaking it in two. The other horsemen came from behind with the spear. Once again, Shadow jumped away, but knocked into the brown horse behind. Dango took swung his sowrd at the man on the brown horse, and managed to slit his throat, killing the man. That was one, but there was another.

Dango could see the others behind him at battle now, and all he had to do was slay one man and a horse.
"You are the Werewolf? Master told me about you, he gave us your names, you must be Dango!" The ugly man hissed. Dango pulled his horse back and aimed his sword at the horseman.
"Yes, I am Dango." Dango replied with a smile.
"You forgot to add that you're dead!" Hissed the horseman. He took Dango by surpriase, and leap off his horse onto Shadow. The man climbed behind Dango, and bit Dango on the neck. Dango growled loudly and managed to push the man off him and Shadow. In a matter of seconds Dango was ontop of the man ramming his sword through his chest.
"Never bite me!" Screamed Dango. He waited until the man's face went pale, then took his bloodly sword out. He clapped his hand on his neck, and took it off the reveal blood all over his hands.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[size=1]Laucian sighed. "Only men ..." He was hoping for a greater challenge, but this would have to do for now.

He thrust his staff into the ground in front of him and studied the line of men charging at him and the others. Two fo them pulled ahead charging distinctly for Laucian. The encased orb at the top of his staff began to glow brightly with a white light, and Laucian shot his hands forward. Instantly, the two men charging for him were stopped in their tracks as their horses slid out from under them and continued charging with no purpose. Laucian then closed his hands firmly into a fist as each man twitched violently, blood shoot from the mouths as they dropped lifelessly to the ground.

However, before victory could be taken, the two stray steeds ran past Laucian knocking him to the ground and nearly trampling him. With an angry growl he rose to his feet and threw his sickle and retrieving his staff in the same move. The sickle buried itself deep in the neck of one of the horses which immediately tripped over itself and crashed head first into the ground. The impact caused the horse's head to snap off like a twig at the point the sickle had entered.

After seeing this, Laucian forced the orb of his staff toward the other horse as it began to glow brightly again. In a moments notice, vines shot up from the ground and trapped the horse in them. No matter how hard the animal struggled, it could not break free as it was pulled violently to the ground and then below the earth where it would seem as though nothing at happened.

Laucian then took to the air, narrowly dodging the other horsemen who were coming up behind him for the other members of the group. After they had passed by, Laucian landed again. His chest was in pain from being hit by those stray horses. He opened his robes to reveal a large bruise of various colors. Laucian was rather pissed off about this, but moved to retrieve his sicle from the decapitated carcass of the other horse he had killed ...[/size]

Teo saw how Laucian and Dango had easily slain thses men and memorized this to compare to his own fight. Two of the horsemen sped towrds Teo and he charged directly towrds them. He jumped off of his horse and stabbed one of the horseman through the head with his dagger and kicked the other off his horse then landed on his feet. The horsman stood up and lunged at Teo who cut through the blade and the man with his own sword in one blow "Steel is no match for the magical bone of a dragon!" Teo yelled, he then looked over to see how Quel, Mika, Haj'ei, Orien, and Serena faired.

[size=1][color=royalblue]Quel made a cocky smile as the two horse drawn men came charging at him Makara. They were strong warriors, this would be fun.
One of the riders was ahead of the other by about 10 feet and he was moving even farther away from him from each gallop from the horse. Quel pulled out his sword and gripped it tight in his hand, ready to stab it through his opponants heart. Quel tapped the flat side of the blade against Makara's neck and he started to charge at the rider as he was to him.
Quel extended his sword out of his right side as the approached the rider.

"Hya!" Quel yelled out as the two swords clashed against one another. Quel stabbed at the rider who blocked it and slashed out at Quel. Makara reared up and the attack missed, while the horse was coming down, Quel slashed out at the man's hand.
The rider screamed out in pain as his hand, still clenching the sword fell to the ground. Quel then stabbed the rider through the chest and steered Makara to face the other rider, but he was already 10 feet away.

Quel quickly steered the white horse back around and started to gallop away from the rider to get some distance between them, but he was faster then he had expcted. In just a few seconds of galloping, the other rider was along side Quel and his horse with a jagged dagger in it's hand.
"Good bye!" The man yelled and slashed out at Quel. Quel bent down and steered Makara slightly away from the rider and small cut appeared on his shoulder from the dagger, nothing serious.

The rider steered his own horse closer and the horses stomachs were practically touching now. The man slashed out agin, but this time Quel blocked the attacks. He bent down and murmered something into makara's ear and then leaped from the horse and landed ontop of the horse man, his dirk pulled out he slit the riders throught and he fell limp to the ground.
Quel brought the riders horse to a stop and cut the rains and sadle from it and then leaped from the brown horse. It galloped away, free from the man that had inslaved it. [/size][/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]Mika drew her sword and held it into a fighter's stance as a rider approached her. Mika twirled it and light bounced off the shiny blade. Mika moved to the side as the horseman rode past with his sword outstretched and slashed him in the side. He groaned and gripped the reins tighter as he came back for another round. Mika knocked his sword from his hands and knocked him off his horse with the flat of her blade.

Mika was ontop of him in less than a second with her sword poised at his neck.

"Who sent you?!" Mika asked.

The horseman looked to the side.
Mika pressed the blade closer to his neck. "Who sent you?!"
Mika pushed it until a thin stream of blood trickled from his neck.
"I'll ask you one more time...Who sent you?!" Mika growled.[/COLOR]

Serena jumped up using her wings to dodge an attack from one of the men's staff.

"Oh yeah buddy, I got one o' these too!" she knocked him in the back of the head with it knocking him out.

"haha! can't touch this!" she started dancing until she felt the sharp tip of a sword poke her in the back. She tensed up "uh oh"

the guy laughed and taunted her. "your a very pretty being"

"uhm...thanks?" Serena said frowning. 'oh man oh man ohman' she thought to her self. The man lowed his sword and held a dagger to her throught. "now I have a prisoner" he whispered in her ear. Serena frowned deeper. 'oh man I have failed my king....'

Teo saw Serena get subdued. He pulled out his dagger and prepared to throw It "Here It goes." He threw the dagger and It hit the guy in the back of the head.
She heard her captor gasp and loosen his grip so she looked back to see a dagger point sticking out of his forehead. "Lucky Break." She said. Teo ran over to her and pulled the dagger the man's head "Dont get so cocky next time, you could have been killed. Mika's got one of them captured lets go see If she got any information out of him." he hurried overto were Mika was.
:drunk:

[SIZE=1][B]OOC: Just to let you know, Orien went the other way.

[IC: [COLOR=blue]Dango jumped back onto Shadow and rubbed his neck. He wasn't bitten right on his neck, somewhat between his neck and shoulder. More blood covered his hands, but he didn't care. He galloped forward to the others and see what Mike had caught. Shadow was not going are fast, knowing his master was hurt.
"What did he say?" Dango asked Mika coming up near them. Quel arrived there too. Mika looked at Dango then back at the man.
"Nothing yet." She replied.
"Do not kill him yet, we may need him." Quel said to them.
"I wasn't going to kill him." Mika replied. Haj'Ei came over to them with a smile on his face.
"Caught one?" Laughed Haj'Ei. Dango nodded slightly. Serena tilted her head at the ugly man Mika had caught. Dango clapped his hand over his neck once more and jumped from his steed.
"Are you alright?" Quel asked his friend.
"It is a mere bite, I can do better... I will be fine..." Dango replied.

"Who sent you?" Mika repeated. The man she had her blade pressed on laughed.
"This is not a laughing matter!" Quel shouted. Laucian then joined them, looking annoyed, or even pissed.
"Are you alright?" Teo asked. Laucain nodded at him. Mika growled at the man.
"Tell me who sent you, or I'll tie you to that horse!" Mika threatened. The man laughed out two words.
"The King..." He choked.
"Which one?" Dango growled with his hand still on his bleeding neck.
"The new King... of... our Earth..." The man choked again. Mika looked up at the others.
"Who?" Haj'Ei asked. Dango grinned.
"He means the Dragon King... he must know what we are up to. Who told him about us?" Dango replied. The man closed his eyes.
"He knows all..." He choked, before slipping from Mika's grip and falling on the ground, dead.

Dango sighed, and climbed back onto Shadow, almost slipping. He felt weak now, and his neck was really hurting him.
"What now?" Serena asked them.
"Straight on...?" Laucian said. Dango nodded.
"We keep going; after awhile we should come to a Mountain, then we must find a way pass the mountain and maybe into the Swamps..." Dango explained, groaning at the end. Shadow walked forward, and Dango guided his horse with one hand, the other clamped over his neck.
"This will not be easy... now the Dragon King knows..." Quel mumbled.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

They rode on at a fairly swift pace. "Hey I see mountain peak a ways over there." Mika said.
"I see It to." Serena commented.
"Shit!"Teo yelled.They all lokked over to see an arrow stuck in Teo's arm, he pulled It out.
"Watch out, there are archers trying to hit us." Quel warned.
Teo grunted loudly "I think the arrow tips are poisened, I can feel It running through my veins." Laucian cought an arrow heading for his face and another arrow wizzed past Dango.
"This is useless we need to know were they........up there in the sky Patriari archers!" Serena exclaimed.
"Its up to those of us with wings to stop them" Dango stated.
"That leaves Teo, you and I helpless." Quel said.
Serena, Mika, Haj'Ei, and Laucian sped upwards towards the archers.

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=blue]Dango looked up at them and smiled, before noticing how deep the bite was. His hands where full of red blood, and he feared he was losing to much.
"Fools of men... biting a Werewolf... I should be bitting them, not the other way!" Dango mumbled to himself.
"What?" Quel asked. Dango shook his head.
"Nothing... nothing..." Dango replied. Shadow slowly moved forward, while Dango tried to look up, but the pain of his bite did not let him. Either that man had very sharp teeth, or had some kind of magic in the bite. Dango groaned and wiped the blood off his head neck. He suddenly felt dizzy and more pain in his neck. It had to be some kind if poisen(sp?). Dango looked at Quel in a very wizzy way.
"You know when you asked me if I was fine?" Dango mumbled to Quel.
"Yes..." Quel replied looking worried.
"Well... I changed my answer..." With that Dango managed to look up at his winged friends beggining to fight, and lost his grip on Shadow, falling off onto the ground.

[I]~Dream~
Dango found himself back in a place he knew... a woods filled with many other Werewolves, and most of all, his father was there.
"Father?" Dango. Dango looked just like his father, only his father was taller with much longer hair and fur on parts of his face and arms. "Is this a dream?" Dango asked himself. He looked at his hands and noticed he was his normal age, but that was immpossible since his father died before Dango was even 25.
"No... You are just dead." Dango's father laughed. Dango shook his head.
"I-I cannot be dead!" He shouted. Dango's father laughed.
"But you are." He replied...
~End~[/I]

Dango heard voices above him, he knew them, therefoe he was not dead.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

"Quel, I can't help him because im fighting the poison from the arrow but in this book there should be some herbs that can heal Dango." Teo handed Quel his book. Quel could see Teo start to heavily perspire perspire "What about you?" Quel asked
"Forget me, his condition is much worse" Teo struggled to say.
Quel started searching for a cure in the book. Teo watched as his freinds fought the enemy above, the Patriari had all pulled out swords but none the less many had fallen. He saw many of the Patriari gang up on Serena "Serena! take this blade, Its inchantments will increase your strength and cut through their weopons!" he used tha last of his strength to throw the sword to her and passed out.

[size=1][color=royalblue]Quel quickly flipped the pages and scanned for a teeatment for Quel's bite. He suddenly stopped and read the text in the book:
Poisoness Bite: Wild Men from the east are the only species who have a deadly fang (asides from the Werewolf). To heal, Dockleaf, water, and bandage must be covered over the wound, will take about a day to fully recover.
Quel smiled slightly and pulled his small brown pouch from his belt and pulled out a few soft green leaves. He didn't have any water.... so... Quel placed the leaves in his mouth and began to chew them, he knew it would work better than just water anyways.
he pulled out a roll of clothe and cut it with his dirk, placed the Dockleaf in Dango's wound (Who let out a ground), and wrapped the bandage tight over his shoulder/neck. [/color][/size]

[size=1]Laucian was getting tired of fighting. Being that he had just gotten out of one, another so soon was just uncalled for. He pulled himself out of the scuffle where everyone was fighting and looked at the several remaining Partiari. Keeping his focus just on the Partiari, Laucian held his hands out; one of which was holding his staff. The orb glowed brightly as a freezing wind picked up from behind him and force its way to the battle. Everyone but the Partiari were unaffected and the dragon-like creatures stopped attacking and pulled into themselves to keep warm. After a few moments, a strong sheet of ice began to coat their wings as they struggled more and more to keep themselves in the air. However, none could succeed, and all of them fell to their doom.

Laucian sighed and let himself drop gracefully to the ground where he landed with ease. He strolled over to where Dango was being treated.

"Move," he said. Quel stepped to the side as Laucian stepped in his place and kneeled down beside Dango. He looked toward the heavens and put one praying hand up toward the sun. In a few seconds, his hand developed a white aura. He moved it slowly down to Dango's neck and placed his hand over the covered wound. In a short time, the aura faded, and Laucian stood taking a few steps back from Dango.

"Is he healed?" asked Quel.

"No, but he will bleed no longer," Laucian replied. "The gods always leave some things up to the body. It is only natural."[/size]

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Dango groaned and opened his eyes. He couldn't move his body, or he just didn't want to.
"Wh...what happened?" Dango asked them. He tried to move his hand onto his next, but Laucian stopped him.
"You got bit by that man, and it turns out something was Poisoness about that bite." Quel explained looking up n the sky. "They took care of the archers."
"I swear... next time I see one of them I'll bite them..." Dango growled. He noticed Teo over on the floor.
"Teo will be fine." Mika said as she landed. "We all had a fight on our hands... this is really getting to be annoying..." Dango smiled, and Quel stretched out his arm pulling him up. Dango leaned on Quel, almost falling over.

Dango smiled at Quel.
"We cannot go anywhere until we are ALL fully healed... this is bad. I think we should stop here over night." Quel suggested.
"With sand blowing in our faces?" Haj'Ei replied. Quel sighed.
"Well what are we 'possed to do?" Serena asked. Dango closed his eyes and opened them again, still leaning on Quel.
"Someone should be look out for a few hours, then switch over. I think the sand should not be a problem... after the night, or through the night we have to make haste through the Plains." Dango said trying to keep his balance. He looked over at Teo.
"We ALL need some rest..." Quel said.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

sorry I've been gone guys...

---------------------------------

Serena stood up. "I'll keep first watch!" she claimed laying Teo's weapon next to him. "thanks" she whispered only for him to hear.

Dango shook his head "that probably wouldn't be best."

"But why not?" Serena protested "I can do it."

Teo somewhat grunted in his subconsiousness and serena frowned "what are you laughing at?" she said to his unconsious body.

Laucian stepped forward. "I'll watch first and let you have some rest Serena then I'll wake you for next watch."

Serena frwoned. well,...okay" she sighed giving in.

Dango smiled weakly. "Let us get some rest then."

[size=1][color=gray][i]Haj'Ei closed his eyes, just to open them again.[/I] "That does it. Just when I need it, I can't get to sleep..." [I]He said while he stood up and walked over to the spot Laucian was at.[/I]

[I]Laucian looked up. When he noticed it was Haj'Ei who he heared, he just looked forward again.[/I]

[I]The wind had started blowing calmly, but it began to get harder by the second. The sand was being blown up about three feet high and was rising higher and higher.

Haj'Ei blocked his eyes a bit with his hand, just enough to protect it from the sand, but also enough to see about five feet forward.
Laucian stood up so he would be able to just avoid the most sand from coming in his eyes, but the wind already blowed it up so high that he also had to cover his eyes from the sand.

"Bah. The sand came in my mouth while i was sleeping." [I]Someone said behind them.[/i]

[I]The Partiari turned around to see Teo spit out some sand with his eyes closed in disgust.[/I] "Someone cover Dango with something. He needs to rest from his wound." [I]He said while pulling the hood of his robe more over his head.[/I]

[I]Teo was just about to get something to cover Dango with, when he saw him already coming towards him.[/I] "How the hell do they expect you to sleep while there is a bloody sandstorm raging above your head?"
[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=blue]Dango opened his eyes and choked a bit. He was still weak, but he could move. Dango got up and looked around, shielding his eyes.
"What is this? A sand storm?" Dango asked them. Quel nodded to Dango standing infront of him.
"We need to get off the plains, now!" Haj'Ei warned them. "This could get dangerous, and since we have two wounded warriors, half of them worn out, the sand could easily cover us!" Haj'Ei covered his eyes. Laucian hand one hand over his head, and the other beside him clenching his staff. Serena shook off some sand and covered her eyes too.
"I agree! We have to get off these plains!" Mika shouted. Quel pulled Dango up and nodded.

"The problem is, how?" Serena shouted to them. The sand was so high, they could hardly see. It seemed like a twister at the other end of the plains was forming. Quel coughed out sand.
"There is no way out! We cannot see! All the ones able to fly should go! Finish what we almost started!" Quel said. They could hear the horses behind them jumping up, in fright. Dango looked back at them. It seemed Serena was knocking back the sand with her wings.
"I know! This will take some team work!" Dango coughed wincing. "All the winged people, since you have wings, and we do not... you should... fly in front of us... while we take the horses... across... you should... back the sand off so we can al get across..." Dango panted. Laucian looked over at him.
"And where do you plan to go?" He asked. The sand was so intense on them now, it seemed to burn on them all.
"I know there is a mountian pass somewhere..." Dango panted. Teo ran to get the horses, and almost tripped up. "Whatever we do, you must not fall! If we do, the sand will over power us and cover our heads!" Dango warned.

So far, they had a pretty good chance of living. Dango was getting weaker, but he promised Quel he would not fall while they ran across. Quel lead three horses, his own, Haj'Ei's and Serena's, and Teo, his and Mika's, while Dango rode his own. Dango winced again, as the wind and sand pushed them to the side. Haj'Ei flew up just above the ground, along with Mika, Serena and Laucian. All they had to do now was deflect the wind and sand, so they could all make a clear crossing over the plains.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

"Hey, I see a building over there." Mika yelled over the raging storm.

Everyone else looked over and saw a large stone structure." I will provide shelter from the wind" Quel stated.

They huried over to the building and rushed in the large door. "Hello Is anyone In here?" Serena questioned loudly. No answer.

"What I want to know Is why Is there a building way out here." Teo said.

"That Is strange." Dango agreed.

"If anyone lived here they wished for solitude" Laucia commented.

"We should split into groups to search this place for people and a place to rest," Teo said, his stomach growled," maybe some food to.