OtakuBoards

does anone think they should make a zelda movie?

Majora64

*sigh* like i said in an earlier thread about this, they are trying to make a zelda movie. they probably won't be ablke to, because they are trying to get all the original people to play the voices.but they have a small problem..........the woman that played link's voice is dead.

If they would make a movie they must definitly have 2 things
1- A great story
2- good special effects
The only problem is that if a movie sucks it will totally ruin the game which would be too bad. The zelda fans must like it. Like Tomb Raider. I loved the movie and I bought all the games for this movie. And a name? I thing they should just call it " The Legend Of Zelda"

• 4 weeks later...
Hm.....I remember the zelda and mario cartoons, heh those were awesome.....but I dunno the N64 Zelda's get on my nerves, I mean I like Ocarina of Time, but there's so much pointless time spent in stupid dungeons hacking away at guys just to get to the boss. Only boss I liked was phantom ganon anyway, heh he was cool, the spider too I guess....I dunno they seemed weak...ah well, No videogame should be made into a movie that's not animated.....except maybe...metal gear solid or...I guess tomb raider, wherever the cast is modeled realistically (FF8?). I don't know I think it'd just make me dislike Link more...although animation can be bad when they crappify it like they will the gamecube one =\

• 2 weeks later...
It`s just that I would love to see Link for real riding his horse epona charging into ganon, make a salto over him and clash his sword with this very hugh big guy made out of CGI with fantastick special effects and great music in a perfect stage.

I dreamt once about this scene and it would look absolutly great.

[SIZE=1]I used to watch the Zelda cartoon when it was, it rocked alot... I loved it, I didn't even have any games then, I was 4-6 years old... and then I bought some of the games when I was 11. They were soo cool. They should make a movie, but we all know whos gonna win the final epic fight... umm, Link maybe? I think if they do make one, it should have a twist in the end, like Ganon wins...[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, you'd have to be very careful if you made a Zelda movie. I mean look at Tomb Raider, that movie blew. If they did make a movie, it would defiantely have to be animated rather than live action. I can't think of one movie off of a video game that was good, let's see.... Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat.... they all sucked. They should stick to what they're good at and make video games.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]Hmm, you'd have to be very careful if you made a Zelda movie. I mean look at Tomb Raider, that movie blew. If they did make a movie, it would defiantely have to be animated rather than live action. I can't think of one movie off of a video game that was good, let's see.... Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat.... they all sucked. They should stick to what they're good at and make video games. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Don't forget Super Mario Bros.! *shudder* That movie was [I]bad![/I] I remember we rented it when it first came out on video.

Maybe if they made a movie, it could be about the Imprisoning War. In Zelda A Link To the Past it tells about a great war that was fought against Ganon that ended with the Seven Wise Men (or the Seven Sages, they're the same. And yes, I know that not all of the Sages were men.) sealing him away in the Dark World. Although it's obvious that it never actually happened, because in Ocarina of Time, Link and the Seven Sages sealed Ganon in the Dark World. there was no war. Still, it'd be cool to see.

A picture of the Imprisoning War, from the player's guide for Zelda A Link To the Past:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Don't forget Super Mario Bros.! *shudder* That movie was [I]bad![/I] I remember we rented it when it first came out on video.

Maybe if they made a movie, it could be about the Imprisoning War. In Zelda A Link To the Past it tells about a great war that was fought against Ganon that ended with the Seven Wise Men (or the Seven Sages, they're the same. And yes, I know that not all of the Sages were men.) sealing him away in the Dark World. Although it's obvious that it never actually happened, because in Ocarina of Time, Link and the Seven Sages sealed Ganon in the Dark World. there was no war. Still, it'd be cool to see.

A picture of the Imprisoning War, from the player's guide for Zelda A Link To the Past:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yes, a war movie would be great, "The Legend of Zelda: The Imprisoning War" That would kick so much... But, hopefully it would be better than the FF movie :p[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]A computer animated Zelda film might be good, but it sounds a little risky to me.

BTW: Has anyone else heard they are making a Dragons Lair movie? That is going to be so cool.... I loved that game ^_^.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]closed ur tag--kuja[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]many people liked the tomb raider movie just because laura croft was hot....sigh. [/B][/QUOTE]
We rented Tomb Raider and watched it on Thanksgiving, and it really wasn't that good.
And if I wanted to look at hot girls, I could go downtown and look at all the cute collage girls... (Although I don't) So it didn't really appeal to me at all.

Yeah, I think that if they made a Zelda movie they should do it with computer animation. Anything but live acting, though... (thinks about the Super Mario Bros. movie) *shudder* ..........

I'd love to see a Zelda movie done right...With a plotline that doesn't stray from Link's world, nice action, and a satisfying ending...

I wouldn't mind a live-actor movie, as long as the characters look like they should and the special effects are well done...

[color=indigo]The reason why I wouldn't want it to be live action, is because it wouldn't look like a video game. And if it doesn't look like a game, it's not going to look much like Zelda because Zelda is... games.
I don't know... I don't think they could get the costume for Link to look right. They probably wouldn't make his tunic long enough.....[/color]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]With Lord of the Rings out now, I think that the technology used in that movie would be able to help out a lot for what they would want to do. A fantasy mideavel setting with lots of ugly looking monsters running around ^_^

It would be easy enough I think. Swordplay would be simple to do, and a man with a bow would be a breeze too. Hey, maybe even Legolas (Orlando Bloom) from Lord of the Rings could do it. He was awesome looking with a bow, and could tear up with those two blades. Plus, he just looks like an Elf. . more then anyone I have ever seen. They did great with his character.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KyJaUn~FuLlEr [/i]
[B]well i don't think orlando bloom should play the role if they made a movie of it.ob can't play link,link has a certain hair style and ob's hair is way different yup and if they made a live action movie about it how can they keep the hat on? [/B][/QUOTE]
They could always cut and dye his hair, and pin the hat to his head. Im sure there are many other different ways though.