OtakuBoards

New Years

Stuart

[SIZE=1]Its almost new years! does anyone have any plans for new years eve, doing anything special? I think I'm going to hang out at my house alone, drink a few stay up to watch the ball drop. Then go to bed. heh. (Like I do every year) If I get lucky I might have someone come over.[/SIZE]

Guest Skyechild91
Well, Im gonna watch the peach drop(Im in GA.) Then g2 bed. Okay, maybe partay with my family and friendsa bit, but yeah.

-Skyechild91

[color=royalblue]i'll probley just do what I do every year. stay up late, have some sparkeling cider, play some nintendo, watch the ball drop then go to bed. one year I had a bunch of my reletives come over and it was crazy. we had to make a bunch of food since there were about 20 people and the second the ball dropped everyone started screaming at the top of there lungs. lol it was pretty funny.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Prozen [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]i'll probley just do what I do every year. stay up late, have some sparkeling cider, play some nintendo, watch the ball drop then go to bed. one year I had a bunch of my reletives come over and it was crazy. we had to make a bunch of food since there were about 20 people and the second the ball dropped everyone started screaming at the top of there lungs. lol it was pretty funny.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Heh heh. I remember that, but I dont remember 20 people there O.o. I remember all the food though your mom put out, OMG that was great *thinks of food and drools*.[/size]

[size=1][color=chocolate]I don't know. There are 3 possible things I could do for New Year's Eve.

1. I will go to an old (meaning known since I was a little kid) friend's house, and eat mexican food and try to grab an alcoholic drink there too. His mom likes wine. Anyway, we watch TV and watch the ball drop. And when the counting is done, I'll yell "WHEEEEEEEE." Yep.

2. I will go to a friend's house and count down and watch the ball drop.

3. I will stay home and act like a lazy bum not caring about the new year. Except the fact that I'm gonna be older soon.

It will probably be #3 this year, sorry to say.[/size][/color]

[FONT=arial]there's going to be a church New Year's Eve Party for the youth at my house. unfortunately, I'm probably going to be the only person my age there, since one of my friends is out of town, and everybody else is probably going to a party that some people at school are throwing (I can't go, the church party being at my house and all :cross: ). so I'm gonna be surrounded by a crowd of loud, hyper 12 and 13-year olds, and 14 and 15-year olds who act like 12 and 13-year olds. heh, I think I'll just hog the Gamecube all night or something. probably not. sounds like a plan to me though :p.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]heh, I think I'll just hog the Gamecube all night or something. probably not. sounds like a plan to me though :p.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

She is cool.

Anyway, my parents are throwing a party. I figure something like 40 or so people will show up. I doubt I'll be around, but I still don't have any exact plans yet.

My family is heading to Montclair, New Jersey for our annual reunion with several old friends. We share some rather odd traditions (including giving each other hubcaps on New Year's Eve). There'll probably be some kind of low-key party, complete with Monopoly, Cranium, and Super Smash Brothers--all in all, I expect to have a great time.

~Dagger~

Guest lavalamp
My mom is throwing a party, so I'll have to find a temporary sanctuary. I'll probably just rent a few movies and spend New Years with a friend.

Christmas and New Years are just too close. I'm always worn out from the Christmas party, and never feel up to experiencing an encore of [i]any[/i] sort. Maybe one of these years I'll grow a brain and relax on the former instead of the latter.

[color=navy]Well, I'm not for certain, but I think my mom and my stepdad are throwing a party in our basement. It's gonna be pretty cool if we do. My mom said I could invite my friend Xio(Mai_Minase here at OB) over to the party. My best friend Tre'll probably come over with his mom and my uncle Jimmy too so it'll be fun.

Heh, I probably won't even be in the basement with the party, I'll probably be upstairs in my room with my friends playing my PS2.

Before the ball drops everyone's probably gonna come upstairs and watch it drop on the Big Screen TV. Then probably party for a little while longer, then go home. My friends'll probably get to spend the night though.

If all that doesn't happen, I'll probably just be lazy and play my PS2 until it's time to watch the ball drop, then go out in the living room and watch it drop with everyone.

Hopefully we're gonna have the party! ^_^[/color]

Let's see...um, go over to my friend's house, act hyper all freakin' night, snack on stuff, watch some anime, work on our entry for Tokyopop's manga contest, and go on the computer. Not to mention run around the neighborhood, not go to bed until about 4 in the morning, get shotglasses of champagene at midnight.
Yup. And that's the usual stuff. ^^;

On New yearsi'll either be:

1) babysitting my 10 year old cousin

or

2) (preferably) sitting at home with my dad and my brothers as they eat lots of shrimp and complian. Sometime during that they'll go outside and start a fire in the shop and drink each other to death. Sounds dreadful but its fun to watch and after all they are my family.

Hrm. On New Years Eve, I'm either going to go out to SF with my friends, (though, I'm not up for driving in the city as 1) it'll probably be way too crowded, and 2) I hate one-way streets in SF) or I'll have myself a little Naruto marathon, and watch eps 1-64 all day...hrm. The Naruto marathon sounds much more appealing, puwahahahah! ^_^

[quote][B]I have a bad, ominous felling that I'm going to be the only loser here when the new year starts.... Oh well, I could always try posting on every thread before anyone gets back[/B] [/quote]

You're on! If I'm not too busy, I'll stay up all night and follow you to every thread. Excitement!

[QUOTE]You're on! If I'm not too busy, I'll stay up all night and follow you to every thread. Excitement![/QUOTE]

Now I feel wubbed... Oh, its so late, no one's on anymore... No mods at all. That really scares me.

I may go to the skating rink thing because I told my cousin I might, but its gotten so immature to go there. New year's gonna end up like any other night that I spend on the net until 3-4 am.... *sigh*

[size=1]My New Year's Eve was great! I didn't think it would be. I had to go to an old-school friend's and I don't really like her much. But I hung around with the adults while she stayed with the kids, so that was fine. I ended up having Champagne with Raspberries in it [which, by the way, gives the drink a gorgeous colour! It turns it into this pretty pink!] and sitting there for most of the night. The adults were all really nice and they had some pretty good stories. I didn't really say much, but I didn't really mind.

My only complaint was that we went home a lot later than I'd have liked. I'd probably have preferred to go home at 12:30-12:45, but we left around 2am, and by that time I was tired and frustrated and was about to cry because I just wanted to go to bed.

The Sydney fireworks were absolutely fantastic this year. It was focussed more on a light display rather than fireworks, but it looked fantastic. They also had lights trained on some of the oldest buildings in the city, and I thought that they went out of their way to look good. I was very impressed and proud of Sydney this year. ^_^[/size]

[color=003333][size=1]My parents finally dubbed me 'old enough to have a few'. So naturally I got smashed with them.

Woke up with a bad hangover at about 7:00 am and went to work. Not cool at all.

But anyway, not a bad New Years.[/size][/color]