haruno_sakura Posted April 4, 2004 Posted April 4, 2004 [QUOTE=xmystic_silverx][size=1][color=red][b]Utada Hikaru and BoA[/b] have got to be the best! I love the theme song for Kingdom Hearts in which Utada Hikaru sings, and BoA does a great job singing for some of the songs on Inu Yasha! My favorite song though, is [b]Wild Wind[/b] sung by [b]Hiyama Nobuyuki[/b] and [b]Oogata Megumi[/b]. I can sing all the words to it. Another good song is [b]Kirei na Kanjou[/b] sung by [b]Arai Akino[/b]. I think its a song on Noir, I've never seen the anime but I've heard of it.[/size][/color][/QUOTE] When it comes to Utada Hikaru, I personally like "Uso mitai na I Love You" as it has more of a rock music type feel and it's something quite different from her other songs. And I have to say I like "Hikari" as well, though I'm not quite sure about the English version, "Simple and Clean." I think the refrain's higher melody range for "Hikari" flows much better with the rest of the song. In any case, I love playing it on the guitar ^_^ BoA is cool, when I'm in a really "pop" kind of mood, haha. I actually listen to her Korean songs lots more than I listen to her Japanese songs, mainly because those are the versions I have ^^;; Her video for "Rock With You" is actually pretty cool. I like how the camera rotates around her in 360 degrees for a majority of the song; it's such a disoriented feeling ^_^ On a much happier note, my copy of L'Arc~en~Ciel's SMILE has finally arrived at my house, w00t! ~haruno_sakura
wrist cutter Posted April 4, 2004 Posted April 4, 2004 Apparently Nagatani from SURFACE plays guitar on BoA's "Rock With You". I've never heard the song, because I don't care for BoA one bit, but he's an awesome guitarist. Anyhow, SMILE has not come for me yet. That's the last time I ever use the post office for shipping, because this wait is killing me.
haruno_sakura Posted April 4, 2004 Posted April 4, 2004 [QUOTE=wrist cutter]Apparently Nagatani from SURFACE plays guitar on BoA's "Rock With You". I've never heard the song, because I don't care for BoA one bit, but he's an awesome guitarist. Anyhow, SMILE has not come for me yet. That's the last time I ever use the post office for shipping, because this wait is killing me.[/QUOTE] I actually re-listened to "Rock With You" after reading your reply and tried to listen more for the guitar. However, it's totally downplayed and can't exactly be heard all that well until the bridge and refrain, which is really sad if they had an awesome guitarist do it. But I guess one can't expect too much from a really Pop/Dance kind of song. Laruku's SMILE is ...wow. I don't know how to describe it. I really love the excellent guitar and bass work done on this album (*bows down before Ken and Tetsu*), and the vocals are amazing as always. Hyde never fails to impresses me with his falsetto and overall vocal style because I seriously don't know a lot of guys who can sing like that. Yukihiro has his electronic type of influence on REVELATION, and I actually really like it, especially since I find the song incredibly catchy; I can't get it out of my head, haha. I really love this album, but then again, I may be incredibly biased, as I think that everything they do is amazing ^^;; ~haruno_sakura
magikpiggy Posted July 9, 2005 Posted July 9, 2005 J-Pops awsum i listen to ones like Gackt, Malice Mizer, Pillows, TM Revolution, Yoko Ishida, X-Japan...hmmmmmm my favorate? id say Pillows oh wait no wait yes no yes aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh srry cant choose
Semjaza Posted July 10, 2005 Posted July 10, 2005 I've been trying to be more accepting of this stuff as of late. I've liked the Pillows for a long while, but I found several Japanese artists recently that I actually really enjoy. Bugy Craxone, Kururi (some spell it with a Q for whatever reason), Asian Kung-fu Generation, Sparta Locals, Green Milk From the Planet Orange (this one is really interesting instrumental rock), Walrus and a few others I forget the names of. Oh and YMCK, who do this weird Famicom/Nintendo pop stuff that's really great. I've been very happy with these... far more than the stuff I usually see mentioned many times in threads of this type. It got me thinking that the country didn't have much that personally interested me, but I'm glad to see I was wrong. EDIT: If someone wants to answer your Gackt question they will... there's no reason to delete your post that was right before mine and repost it right after me lol.
nolimits Posted July 10, 2005 Posted July 10, 2005 [COLOR=Gray][FONT=Times New Roman] To anyone who can anwser this question: is Gackt really good? like are his songs really as good as everyone says they are? and are his cds worth buying?[/FONT][/COLOR]
Koga 16 Posted July 10, 2005 Posted July 10, 2005 Hell yes! I love jpop... seesaw, silent life ^__^ so cool... :animesmil See saw did some of the music for .hack//sign... but the song I like best is the theme song to that anime with the boy named Shiki and the vampire named Arcirid :animeangr I wish I knew who played it!!!
Guest kurisuchin Posted July 11, 2005 Posted July 11, 2005 Hi everyone!! For myself,i am a big fan of j-pop and j-rock.This is the kind of music that i listen everyday.For a long time i was with boa,even if she is more korean,but when she sing in japanese she is really good!!(She speak japanese,korean and english did you know? :catgirl: She even have meet britney spears wow! :rolleyes: ...) My favorite song is «my name»!! Ayumi Hamasaki is good too but her voices get on my nerves sometimes, not you? I really love koda kumi.She have sing for the game final fantasy x-2,for the one who don't know who she is.Her song «selfish» is one of my favorite ;) Namie Amuro,brillant green,utada Hikaru,Mai Kuraki,Nakashima mika are all good! And my very VERY favorite j-rock music is gackt.I especially love «Vanilla»and «miserable».I don't have know him when he was with Malice Mizer :animecry: . I also love l'arc-en-ciel.Hide can have such a sensual voice when he want to grrrrr :animesmil Miyavi rock and he is such a bad guy!! X-japan.I LOVE THEM SOOOO MUCH!!!They have sing for the serie «x-clamp».This is so sad for their guitarist Hyde.(He is dead)And he was so good. And my favorite band is Dir en grey.I love everything about them especially Kaoru Niikura,the guitarist.(He was too a big fan of Hide in x-japan)The first song that i have heard of them is «Yokan». Well this was my list of my favorite j-pop/j-rock artist. ciao everyone=^.^=
IceRose Posted July 11, 2005 Posted July 11, 2005 I love my J-Rock/Pop. I listen to Hyde, Gackt, X Japan, Yellow Generation, BoA, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Do as Infinity and many more, believe it. My favorite tracks are Luna and Balck Stones from Gackt. Lar-ciel from Hyde, Colors from Utada Hikaru, Tooku Made from Do as infinity, etc. I love gackt, he is the best in j rock
Amity Posted July 21, 2005 Posted July 21, 2005 [quote name='IceRose']I love my J-Rock/Pop. I listen to Hyde, Gackt, X Japan, Yellow Generation, BoA, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Do as Infinity and many more, believe it. My favorite tracks are Luna and Balck Stones from Gackt. Lar-ciel from Hyde, Colors from Utada Hikaru, Tooku Made from Do as infinity, etc. I love gackt, he is the best in j rock[/quote] [font=times new roman][size=2]What? Gackt is NOT J-rock. He use to be. When he was part of Malice Mizer. He isn't anymore. Especially with his latest single Black Stone. NO. Gackt is not J-rock. He's J-pop. Way, way, way, J-pop. So are Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, and BoA. Hyde is considered moderately J-rock. So is L'Arc en Ciel. Do As Infinity, is too considered J-rock, of what I know of.... sorry, but... I had to respond to that... Gackt being J-rock.. don't even kidd like that...[/font][/size]
Guest freezefram38 Posted July 22, 2005 Posted July 22, 2005 morning musume and all hello morning projects dream - so cute! SweetS - so cute but so young! um, NEWS has some good ones (akaku moiyurou taiyou) maki goto and matsuura are dreeeeammboats and Move, they're a really good techno duo
Guest Kaoru_lvr09 Posted January 30, 2006 Posted January 30, 2006 [quote name='SuzakuGrl']I absolutely love Do As Infinity and Ayumi Hamasaki!! I'm listening to them right now as a matter of fact! I know almost all the lyrics to Dearest already! I really like all the InuYasha themes! Have you heard See Saw....they sing the theme in .Hack//Sign. It's pretty awesome...makes you wanna dance. I have heard of Duel Jewel a lot, but never heard their music, or Gackt. Ja Ne![/quote] Have you heard of Maaya Sakamoto? I have one of her cds right now. I also have the Hack//Sign soundtrack.........See Saw's music is pretty cool. I haven't heard Gackt's music but he is really cute!! :) lol! I think it's kinda weird though cuz he won't give out his real name or birthday.
4lphons3 Posted January 31, 2006 Posted January 31, 2006 I'm a kind of Yui person. I know, sometimes when you search for Yui, you get Yui Horie, but I'm talking about the Yui that sings the current Bleach ending, LIFE. ^^ Utada Hikaru's cool, I mostly like Passion. There's just something about it that really rocks! Morning Musume has some very funny songs. I like funny songs! =D There are way too few Jpop and JRock songs that I don't like, so I'll just leave my tastes as all JPop and JRock. Raiku and Home-Made Kazoku are kool, as well as CHEMISTRY. XD
TigerFantasy17 Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 [QUOTE=Sui Generis][color=indigo] Yeah I listen to JRock/J Pop. I listen to Ayumi Hamasaki, Amuro Namie, Porno Graffitti, Utada Hikari...Gackt.... I love Gackt...thanks to TN... *smirks* But yeah I love JROCK J Pop so rock on!! *smiles* [/color][/QUOTE] Yeah..I love gackt too!!!Who's TN???? My initials are TN too!!!....Actually TMN...I also like Miyavi(my middle name),Hyde,Laruku(L'arc~en~ciel),visual-k,j-rock,j-pop...
KatanaViolet Posted February 10, 2006 Posted February 10, 2006 I'm quite enjoy: TM Revolution HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR Siam Shade ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION as well as many other random artists who have done soundtracks for various animes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now