OtakuBoards

Songs that annoy everybody

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=violet]You know what I mean. The songs that are played too much because that's what the general public likes to hear. Or the happy pop songs that make you want to scream you head off and rip off your own ears-because ripping off a strangers ears can get you arrested.
One of the ones on the top of my list is this country song about this girl who had parents who didn't believe in God so she had a bad life. SO of course the parents had a really bad lifestyle. But the guy mentions in the song that they never mentioned HIS name or spoke of HIS word so you know he's trying to say that ONLY Christians are good parents.
I'm not ragging on Christians, my mom is a very good Christian lady. But My grandma Donnelly is one of the most judgemental people I;ve ever met. And I know I'm going to be a good parent reguardless of religion.
The other one is some song by Black Eyed Peas that goes something like-My Baby don't mess around la la la.
The vieo was bad and the song grates on my nerves.
So, what are your choices?[/color]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who could go past the Nikki Webster song "Strawberry kisses" or any Nikki Webster song for that matter. Oh and "Blue" I don't know who sings it but it goes something along the lines of; "I'm blue da ba dee da ba da...." Those songs make me want to hurt my radio! eek! I love my radio. 'slike a baby to me so you get what I mean...

I like ur threads Chibi....

[size=1][color=chocolate]Heh, any song by Hilary Duff annoys me like crazy. I am not a fan of her, but of course, I am not into pop, so there's a reason.
Hey I like that song..."Blue da ba..." I end up doing the robot listening to it. Hee hee...[/size][/color]

[FONT=arial]that single that Liz Phair put out drives me absolutely insanse. I hated it the first time I heard it, and I hate it more now because by some grace of God (to her) it seems to be popular around here. plus it's played on at least two movie advertisements, so not only do I hear it on the radio twice an hour (when I have to listen to it), I can't watch TV without hearing it either. I honestly don't like any aspect of that song. the fact that it [i]is[/i] so popular despite it being wretchingly horrible makes it twice as annoying.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wasabi [/i]
[B][size=1][color=chocolate]Heh, any song by Hilary Duff annoys me like crazy. I am not a fan of her, but of course, I am not into pop, so there's a reason.
Hey I like that song..."Blue da ba..." I end up doing the robot listening to it. Hee hee...[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

sorry if ya like that song! hehe it just really annoys me. I think I actually used to like that song though coz I have itn on CD. aaargh! I don't like Hilary Duff songs either and my friends do. She an ok actress though.

I liked that one black eyed peas song "where is the love" but sometime after the 50th or 100th time hearing it, i just began to hate it. Now i dont like any black eyed peas song. Another song is that "Hey Britney" song. ARG! I used to like Nickleback, but somehow I just cannot stand to listen to any of their songs. I dont know why.

Blue is by Eiffel 65.

I don't really listen to the radio. All I play is the local "classic" rock station (covers 60s to today), which sometimes plays some newer stuff by bigger straight-out rock bands. Radio sucks here otherwise.

So really, I never hear most of these songs enough to be annoyed.

The WORST of the worst would definitly be that Wannabe song from the spice girls. Thank GOD they no longer play that anymore, just thinking of that song makes me mad. I found that song so annoying i wnated to break my stereo everytime that song would come on and that song was on CONSTANTLY.

[COLOR=crimson][SIZE=1]

HAHAHA...

Sorry I had to laugh about your most annoying songs....and thats for everyone.

But on to me know. the most annoying song(s) out as this time are....
Where is the love, the song is good but its playyed to much. *well what song on the radio isn't annoying*

Milkshake, the beat is cool but the song doesn't make any sense. And so it drive me nuts...

Uh, there are other songs I dont like but I'm so annoyed with the to that I can't name them... Will be back to name more....[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B][COLOR=crimson][SIZE=1]
Where is the love, the song is good but its playyed to much. *well what song on the radio isn't annoying*

Milkshake, the beat is cool but the song doesn't make any sense. And so it drive me nuts...[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

It makes alot of sense... if you know what she's talkin about.... Milkshake in an insinuation for something.... a female sexual organ.... anyway, the song still is annoying. Any System of a Down song is annoying and that stupid Let Me Work it by Missy Elliot has gotten to the point where if I were to see anyone singing that song down the street, I'd run them over with my car....

[color=indigo]In true [b]Hi-Fidelity[/b] fashion here are my top five picks for songs that annoy me by reputable (or at least somewhat reputable) musicians/bands.

[b]Sussudio[/b] [i]by Phil Collins[/i]- Even though I enjoy insulting Phil Collins constantly (look at the guy, he is asking for it!) I do think he is phenomenal musician that has written some incredible songs. [i]Sussudio[/i] is not one of those songs. In case you are not familiar with this song, here are some lyrics (which remind me strangely of some of the poetry on OB)?

[i] Ah, I've just got to have her, have her now
I've got to get closer but I don't know how
She makes me nervous and makes me scared
But I feel so good if I just say the word
Sussudio just say the word[/i]

?yeah, exactly. Not only is this a horrible song, it is played on classic rock stations constantly. The girl is song may make Phil Collins ?nervous and scared? but the song itself makes me nauseous and ill.

[b]Knockin? on Heaven?s Door[/b] [i]covered by Eric Clapton[/i]- When a DJ decides to play an Eric Clapton song he has catalogues to choose from. [i]Layla, Crossroads, Cocaine, Wonderful Tonight, Tear?s In Heaven, Down and Out[/i], anything by Cream or Derrick and the Dominoes just to name a few. Too often do they pick Eric Clapton?s cover of [i]Knockin? on Heaven?s Door[/i]. It sounds like Clapton was trying to infuse both country and reggae in the song, but never realized country and reggae doesn?t mix well with folk songs. Dylan?s original version is good enough and G&R did a much better job, there is no reason for DJ?s to play Clapton?s version as much as they do.

[b]We are the Champions[/b] [i]by Queen[/i]- If this is the only song of Queen that the radio stations wish to play, than I longer want to be rocked. No more fighting till the end I tell you! No more! I just want this song to stop playing at the intermission of every sporting event I go to and I want to be able to stop my car at a red light without having to fear hearing this song on the radio tandemed with [i]We Will Rock You[/i]. It is a great song, had a wonderful run?but its time to end it.

[b]Rock of Ages[/b] [i]by Def Leppard[/i]- This song has an incredible opening, but then ends up just plain sucking. I find it ironic that the opening lyrics state ?Its better to burn out than fade away? yet the song actually fades away. My opinion of Def Leppard has always been favorable, but this is not the pinnacle song that DJ?s around America make it out to be. But I guess that DJ?s united together in the eighties and decided that they would continue playing the song until the Rock of Ages stopped rolling.

[b]My final pick is an obvious one if you know me?[/b]

[b]Come Sail Away[/b] [i]by Styx[/i]- I hate Styx. Not just because they wrote Come Sail Away, but because they wrote [i]Lady, Christopher, Mr. Christopher, Babe[/i], and the entire [B]Kilroy[/B] album. Some people do like Styx (only God knows why) so I do consider them somewhat reputable. But [i]Come Sail Away[/i] is a horrible song, and it is long. It can be hard listening to a good long song (hey, a rhyming hat trick) but this song is impossible?they repeat ?Come Sail Away? over and over for four minutes! I usually don?t judge people solely on the songs that they like, but I think that all of the people that actually like this song should subjected to forced sterilization. There is no way they should be allowed to breed. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiHorsewoman [/i]
[B][color=violet]The other one is some song by Black Eyed Peas that goes something like-My Baby don't mess around la la la.
The vieo was bad and the song grates on my nerves.
So, what are your choices?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

If you're talking about what I think you are, it's not by the Black Peas. It's [i]Hey Ya![/i] by Outkast... It's from Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, which they released rather recently. I didn't expect that song to become as big of a hit as it has, but it's still good.

That's an awesome release though. Everyone should own it.

Lol i just started laughing when I read Heavens Cloud's last pick. I Love that song, lol I do not know why, I think I am addicted to it because of how highly annoying it can be. Its one of those songs that gets stuck in your head forever and when you finally forget about it you hear it again and u start the cycle all over again lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]If you're talking about what I think you are, it's not by the Black Peas. It's [i]Hey Ya![/i] by Outkast... It's from Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, which they released rather recently. I didn't expect that song to become as big of a hit as it has, but it's still good.

That's an awesome release though. Everyone should own it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah i'm alsomildly surprised that song had become such a big hit. If you listen close to some of the lyrics...in the part where he isn't really singing well....you find out for yourself. :p

Anyways songs I think are annoying? Well back when the song was popular 'Picture' by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow always made me want to strangle somebody. My old radio station played it at [i]least[/i] twice an hour. I actually kind of like it now. Another would have to be that damn Dido song 'White Flag'. Okay I like the song but my radio station plays it almost every half hour. You can freaking set your watch to it. Only because my new radio station is 'for familes' meaning no hard rock or rap which at times sucks but then I just change it to DC 101. Heh. Clay Aikin's 'Invisble' is also starating to mess with my nerves....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chichiri's Girl [/i]
[B]Yeah i'm alsomildly surprised that song had become such a big hit. If you listen close to some of the lyrics...in the part where he isn't really singing well....you find out for yourself. :p

Anyways songs I think are annoying? Well back when the song was popular 'Picture' by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow always made me want to strangle somebody.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial][i]THAT[/i] was the other song I was trying to think of! all I've heard from Sheryll Crow in the past year has been garbage, and I've never liked Kid Rock in the first place, so putting the two together is hell. [/FONT]

[size=1][color=chocolate]Heh, I am surprised about the [i]Hey Ya[/i] song by OutKast, and how it made a big hit. I find it pretty annoying. Since my school bus has a radio, most of the kids like to listen to the R&B/ Hip Hop station, and that song rarely is on, but is. Yes, listen closely to the lyrics people...

Everyone wants me to like the song Milkshake also. That's an annoying song right there.
*looks at Chichiri's post* You must be my twin or something...I never liked Clay Aiken, and Picture for the fact that it freaking makes no sense to me either. (I always thought Clay Aiken said Invincible)

Though I hear a song called 'The Chimpanzee' song. It is hilarious to me, but at the same time annoying, because it makes no sense, except about talking about Chimpanzees. *laughs like crazy*[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]If you're talking about what I think you are, it's not by the Black Peas. It's [i]Hey Ya![/i] by Outkast... It's from Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, which they released rather recently. I didn't expect that song to become as big of a hit as it has, but it's still good.

That's an awesome release though. Everyone should own it. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=violet]Yes, that's the song and group I meant, I heard it once on Noggin while waiting for Daria to come on. Then I heard it again and again and again. You know, maybe if I only heard it once a week, I'd like it, but day after day drives me up a wall.
Which is probably why I listen to radio stations that paly a bit of everything and stay away from Kiss 106.7 and 98PXY (KM knows what I'm talking about)
I was once forced to watch the Hilary Duff movie. She's not [i]bad[/i] but she's not incredibly good either.
A lot of Rush songs annoy me too because they all sound the same. Listen to one of their albums some time after a while it's hard to differenciate the songs. But don't tell my husband that. Shh...!
There's also this song from Korn that has a lot of F-u f-u in it and some undecipherably lyrics that aren't swearing that buigs me as well.
Then of course the old stand byes-Brittany Spears and Jessica Simpson. But don't get me started on them.[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]I'm noticing a trend here; most people develope a hatred of a song when it is constantly played on the radio to the point that you can't stand it.

There are no songs that I can't stand, really; when there's something on the radio I don't like, I change the channel. Fascinating concept.[/size][/color][/font]

Death bug that is an excellent thing to say and I mostly do that myself. But when i find myself unable to change the channel those are the most annoying songs...

But there are some older songs that get on my nevres ae s well...

Does anyone remember Good Vibration by MArky MArk.....

Haha I used to love that song but the words just make me laugh Mark W. rapping.. OMG that was great.

Or how about Snow...Informer....blah blah blah.. I like your boom boom down...HAHA I could baerly understand him but the beat was tight!!! HEHE

"Right Thurr" By Chingy. Oh sweet mother mary, kill me. Kill me now. I hate the song to the extent that I think I will actually pour all of my malice and hatred for the song into a Ring and become a Dark Lord in a tower called Barad-I-hate-Chingy-Dur.

But seriously, it really is [i]that bad[/i].

Any song by Hilary Duff or Justin, or Brittny. Talk about ew! They annoy the ***** out of me! Don't they ever shut-up!? I mean, I love Bob Marley and The Red Hot Chili Peppers okay. So those guys pose no interest in me. plus, I hate it when actors try to sing, like, stick to your day job (like Hilary.......does that give you a clue?) But Bob Marley all the way!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiHorsewoman [/i]
[B][color=violet]One of the ones on the top of my list is this country song about this girl who had parents who didn't believe in God so she had a bad life. SO of course the parents had a really bad lifestyle. But the guy mentions in the song that they never mentioned HIS name or spoke of HIS word so you know he's trying to say that ONLY Christians are good parents. ?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]First off, this song doesn?t imply that these parents are bad simply because they aren?t Christian. The song in question, entitled [I]The Little Girl[/I] and sung by John Michael Montgomery, is a decent piece of music that happens to be Christian. Yes, it is pro-Christian; but the artist has the right to express his thoughts through his work. Just like how all those rappers get to spew foul language and hate without consequence. If you actually listened to the song, instead of blowing it off as being demeaning to everyone who?s not a Christian, you might have realized that it?s not such a terrible piece of music.

Here are the lyrics, so that people can make up their own minds about this song:

Her parents never took the young girl to church,
Never spoke of His name,
Never read her His word.
Two non-believers walking lost in this world,
Took their baby with them,
What a sad little girl.
Her daddy drank all day and mommy did drugs.
Never wanted to play,
Or give kisses and hugs.
She'd watch the TV and sit there on the couch,
While her mom fell asleep,
And her daddy went out.
And the drinking and the fighting,
Just got worse every night.
Behind their couch, she'd be hiding:
Oh, what a sad little life.
And like it always does, the bad just got worse,
With every slap,
And every curse.
Until her daddy, in a drunk rage one night,
Used a gun on her mom,
And then took his life.
And some people from the city,
Took the girl far away.
To a new mom and dad:
Kisses and hugs everyday.
Her first day of Sunday school the teacher walked in,
And a small little girl,
Stared a picture of Him.
She said I know that man up there on that cross,
I don't know His name,
But I know He got off.
'Cause he was there in my old house
And held me close to His side.
As I hid there, behind our couch,
The night that my parents died.

As you can tell by reading this, it is pro-Christian. However, the parents weren?t bad simply because they weren?t Christian. They also were involved with drugs and alcohol, which put the daughter in a very unsafe and potentially deadly situation. This is simply a piece of Christian music and is not demeaning to people of other faiths or people without faith (Such as myself). It?s simply a song, which happens to be popular.

Don?t go making false accusations; people will call you on them. Besides, it makes you look silly.

[center]--- --- ---[/center]

Anyway, back on topic. The song that annoys me most is by Britney Spears, entitled [I]Oops, I did it again.[/I]. It?s just annoying?[/color]