OtakuBoards

Your anime wish list.

Dagger

[color=black][color=sienna][size=2][b].hack//SIGN[/b]: I've seen almost every episode anyway, but I still must complete the collection. I'm pretty sure I only need the last two volumes.[/size][/color][/color]

[color=black][color=sienna][size=2][b]Inuyasha[/b]: I don't know how much I'd get out of all the volumes, but I still want it in case I'm bored sometime. Oh yea, it'd also be way too expensive.[/size][/color][/color]

[color=black][color=sienna][size=2][b]Witch Hunter Robin[/b]: I just love this show. It's fun to watch, and I love the character designs. [/size][/color][/color]

[color=black][color=sienna][size=2][b].hack//DUSK[/b]: (or is it Legend of Twilight...?) I'm a die-hard .hack fan fitrst of all. Secondly, I've heard it's funny and interesting.[/size][/color][/color]

[color=black][color=sienna][size=2][b]Naruto[/b]: Everyone's talking about it, so I might as well take a look.[/size][/color][/color]

[color=black][color=sienna][size=2]That's all I can think of for now. I'll probably remember something else later (or as soon as I post).
[/size][/color][/color]

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]Wow, Gravitation sounds popular. I've only ever seen pictures from it on an online quiz on Quizilla. You can never go wrong with bishounen, though ^_^ That and Weiss Kreuz I've heard only good things about

[b]RahXephon:[/b] From Volume 3 upwards. I've not seen past the last episode on DVD Volume 2 and it annoys me that I can't afford the next two yet >.>

Even though I've not seen Akira I'm really not that interested in watching it. I know it's highly acclaimed, but I just don't like the look of the animation. It's a shallow reason, I know, but I can't enjoy an animation as much if I don't like how it looks.[/color][/QUOTE]

Solo, Gravitation--as many OBers can attest--is a [i]wonderful[/i] show. I don't usually take well to romantic comedies, but Gravitation won me over almost instantly. Its protagonist, Shuuichi Shindou, is an incredibly sympathetic and adorable character. Despite the fact that the show was created on an extremely stingy budget, its animation is good enough to satisfy most fans. The first episode uses a tiny bit of live-action footage (strangely enough), but it's a one-time thing.

I honestly can't think of a single person who dislikes this series for legitimate reasons; the majority of its detractors just don't feel comfortable about watching an anime that deals primarily with gay romance. Although Yuki and Shuuichi's relationship is Gravi's main focus, its music is equally important. Gravitation has some of the best J-pop tunes I've ever heard--all of Shuuichi's songs are obscenely catchy.

But better yet, Gravitation is both genuinely funny and emotionally gripping. Its humor and its drama balance each other out so perfectly that every single scene is a pleasure to watch. I may be biased in its favor, but I can't recommend this anime highly enough.

Weiss Kreuz..... Heh. I've only heard bad things about that show--and the reviews I read were very hostile indeed. ^_^;

RahXephon just keeps getting better and better. It's nice to know that you're still watching it. ^_^

As for Akira, it has some pretty fascinating scenes, and its animation is [i]spectacular[/i]. Nevertheless, I feel that it's somewhat overrated. Akira makes a decent rental, but I personally wouldn't buy it.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Cyan]

I could just take the easy way out and say... I want all of em and leave it alone but I think that wouldn't be fair

But lets see if I can think of good explanations for the ones I list below....

[B]GTO[/B]- well I have the first 5 volumes on DVD so now I think it only proper to finish it off.. besides it's a hilarious show and who doesn't like Onizuka...Hes fine!!!

[B]Fushigi Yug[/B]i- I've read some of the manga and I've absolutely loved it and I must say I wish to see what they have out there on it that way I can also brag about the anime too.

There are a few others I see in the same category as FY... lets see.... [B]Ceres, Chobits and Love Hina [/B]I think is all...

Okay on to more....

[B]Hellsing[/B]- a bit weird at first but then I got caught up in the whats going to happen next.. So that is what I'll be looking at soon.. I hope

[B]Inuyasha[/B]- like the 50+ eps I've seen so far so now I must see more!!!

[B] Naruto[/B]- liked the 40 eps I've seen so far.. now I must watch the rest and hopefully by it for myself soon!!

[B]NG Evangelion[/B]- Have the 1st DVD.. Liked it... want to see how the whole series turnes out. Also wish to see the movies that follow the series.

[B]Escaflowne[/B]- I haven't seen it but it has peaked my interests from the few things I've read. Hopefully my intuition is right.

And I've seen the following but I own none of them one day, one day I will have my wish list!!!

[B] Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Armitage(all of em)
Macross (all of em)
Vampire Hunter(both of em)
Bubblegum Crisis 2040
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bepop
[/B]

and there are some more that slip my mind at the moment... So Im sorry if my list came up being too short!!![/COLOR]

I know there are a few anime that I want to see, but haven't had the chance to see yet. I may be one of the only people who have not seen Ranma 1/2 and I hear a lot of good things about it. Rumiko Takahashi is the creator and she does good work in her storytelling. A second anime I need to see is DNAngel. I really like the character designs and the story seems pretty interesting. If I find an import box set of it, I may have to pick it up. I hear Berserk is a very good anime with lots of blood and gore. This might just appeal to me. Who knows? :wigout: I'm also kind of interested to see what One Piece is like even though it seems kind of kid-ish.

Then there are the anime that I've seen parts of but never got to finish. Here are the ones I own and never got around to finishing: I have the complete set of Fushigi Yuugi with the OVAs and haven't even watched the first half yet. I also have an Outlaw Star boxset that is in the same situation. Then there is Saiyuki which I have 4 volumes of. I believe I have watched up to mid-way through the 3rd volume. Also, I need to watch the rest of my Hellsing episodes.

I've seen most of .hack//sign, but since it's only on Saturday nights, I don't always get to see it. Still need to see the ending even though I know what happens. Most people say they hated Pilot Candidate when it was on Adult Swim, but I actually liked the few episodes I did get to see so I'd like to see the rest, too. Then there are anime that are still running like InuYasha that I must/will see. I have 11 (American) DVD volumes of InuYasha and there are 3 out now that I don't have yet and another coming out at the end of the month. Need to catch up!

For unlicensed anime, I like Peace Maker Kurogane(1-13), Naruto(1-50), and the first episode of Chrno Crusade. These are all great shows and I can't wait to see more.

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]
Animes I've been recommended:
My Neighbour Totoro
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Zone of the Enders
Excel Saga

Even though I've not seen Akira I'm really not that interested in watching it. I know it's highly acclaimed, but I just don't like the look of the animation. It's a shallow reason, I know, but I can't enjoy an animation as much if I don't like how it looks.[/color][/QUOTE]

Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Excel Saga are wonderful anime. I have seen Akira three times and I don't like it too much. Though the explosions are awesome, I feel that there is no plot to it. The akira manga are way better.

Okay, first of all I'd like to point out just how much anime I DON'T have access to where I live. There are no DVD stores that sell anything like it near me, I mean I'm currently on holiday and for the first time in three years of fandom I've actually found a pure anime shop.

But aside from that, I'll just get on with it.

Firstly, I'd like to get the full series of Eva. I've only seen the movies recently and about half of the series, and I was disturbed enough by it to be intrigued.
Then there's all of the early Gundam series, and to finally see *all* the episodes from Wing and find Endless Waltz.
To go with that, I wouldn't mind seeing the missed episodes and the ending of Outlaw Star (a possibillity, I actually found the box-set a short while ago and I'm going back to that area in a few days)
And to balance that wierdness, I want to see more wierdness, and get the whole series of Love Hina.
And see the missed bits of all the Tenchi series.

Aside from that, I want to top up my movie collection a bit and find a region 2 encoded Blue Sub 6 that *isn't* the cartoon network edit.
And then I want to find some of the stuff that's come out recently onto DVD like Patlabor, ROD, Amon Saga, and similar.
I want to actually find out what the heck LandLock is about, and also get a proper look at .Hack//sign, Lain, El Hazard and even, if I can be bothered, round out the strange with the innane and get the Zoids series sorted.

I have a lot of things that I want to get, see and find out about as you can see. But I fully intend to do it all, and am willing to put a lot of money to the cause if I have to.

It's the type of person I am.

Guest SpiritDetective
The Animethat I want to finish the most is Cowboy Bebop because it was the first series I started collecting and I want it to be the first series I finish.

[quote name='SpiritDetective']The Animethat I want to finish the most is Cowboy Bebop because it was the first series I started collecting and I want it to be the first series I finish.[/quote]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, SpiritDetective. ^_^

Please bear in mind that our [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/URL] do not permit this type of post. It's short, spammy, and contributes almost nothing to what was previously a rather good discussion. You need to learn how to write quality replies. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

~Dagger~

• 3 months later...
For starters, I wish that America would show the 5th season of Sailor Moon. I would stop breathing to see that season! It's got Seiya-chan and Yaten-chan and Taiki-chan! I also wish Cartoon Network would stop messing with our Anime! *mumble* :flaming: Man, I wish I lived in Japan. Anyway, I guess that's all on my Anime Wish List... So far.. *evil laughter*

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=Red]Ranma 1/2-I've been reading the manga for some time now, and it's really funny and interesting. I want to see how much the manga and anime are different too.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Naruto-I've also read the manga of this one. It's good, but not great. I've also always wondered what Naruto sounded like.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Fruits Basket-I've heard that it's really funny. And you know how much I love funny anime. ^_^[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Love Hina-I've heard that this is also really funny.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Gray]Fuushi Yuugi-I've heard about it, and it sounds interesting.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Princess Monoke-Hey, it's made by Miyazaki-sama,so of course it's good. I've also read alittle about it, and it sounds neat.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Tokyo Mew Mew-I've read the manga for this one also. It's cute and funny. I also want to see how it was before 4kids ruined it. Those bastards.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Gray]One Piece-I've read a little bit of the manga. It's ok. I also want to see how ot orignally was too.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Dragon Half-I've seen a preview about it on a Excel Saga DvD of mine. It looks really funny! ^_^[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Steel Angel Kurumi-Another preview. Looks cool.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Gray]Maison Ikkou-I've heard a little about this, and it sounds interesting. It's also by Takahashi-sama, so I want to see how good it is.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Urusei Yatsura-Another one by Takahashi-sama. Sounds interesting.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Gray]The Samurai-Yet another preview. Looks interesting.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Card Captor Sakura-Well, since Nelvenia (Or however the hell you spell it.) ruined, I wanted to see how it's SUPPOSED to be.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Red=I really want to see this!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Blue=I look forward to seeing it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Gray]Gray=I'm not excited about it, but I do want to check it out.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Green]Of course, there's also the DvDs of anime that are on tv, but I'll get to that later..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]EDIT-Ok Dagger, I'll put down why I want them. :sweat: Gomen nasai.[/COLOR]

Actually, I would strongly encourage respondents to explain [i]why[/i] they want to see or buy the shows they're listing. :)

[b]Tsukihime, Lunar Legend:[/b] I finished watching this show when it was being fansubbed, but I'm incredibly excited about the upcoming DVD release. As Tsukihime is only twelve episodes long, it'll be split across three discs. I love elegant, moody vampire anime, and finally finishing the Vampire Princess Miyu OVA has whetted my appetite for Tsukihime.

[b]King of Bandit King:[/b] I had a great time with the quirky, beautifully animated King of Bandit Jing OVA (which is currently unlicensed), and am looking forward to watching the television series that preceded it. Plus, one of my favorite seiyuus provided the voice of the titular character.

[b]Kurogane Communication:[/b] This anime's box set is astonishingly cheap, and it's received pretty good reviews. Lately I've been in the mood for a heartwarming sort of show (speaking of which, I should have started buying Cardcaptor Sakura months ago, but I can't help wanting to hold out for a box set or cheaper re-release). The trailer I saw also had some very nice artwork--the androids were cleverly designed, and the protagonist was very cute.

~Dagger~

[SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I've only seen a few episodes of certain series and now I'm hungry for more, let's see:

Ranma 1/2- I'm seriously thinking about buying the whole DVD collection for this, regardless that it will set me back by quite a lot of money. I've got two of the OAVs and they are both a brilliant watch, tons of fun and great jokes slipped in. If only they chose a better person to do Shampoo's dubbed voice *shudder*

Fruits Basket- Again, I've only seen a few episodes of this, but what I have seen is great. I'm not too keen on getting the manga because I don't really like the style, but the anime is just fantastic. For anyone else who wants to see this, you must, I couldn't stop laughing.

Gravitation- Yaoi fangirl, nuff said XP;;

Hellsing- This looks totally awesome but my mum won't let me buy the DVDs, grr, totally not fair.

Slayers Next and Try- I've read about the series, I've got countless pictures of the characters and I know the storylines off by heart...but I haven't seen a single episode ;_; I was looking to buy the Slayers Next series on DVD a while ago but then I realised I was broke. I really want to see these series though.

Gensomaden Saiyuki- I've seen Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Requiem but not the first series ;_; when I was searching to but it, the only DVDs that came up were the Reload ones...so I had to get my Sanzo-ness from them instead >_>;;

[B]There are a couple of others I'd like to see, might as well list them-
DNAngel
Digimon Season 2- Okay, I've watched this twice but I want the DVDs...such an awesome series!
Outlaw Star- watched most of it, want to see more
Gundam SEED[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I haven't bought Anime in quite a LONG time. My diet of purchasing manga OVER anime has worked and allowed me to save up some money. Yippee *^_^*

I plan to purchase maybe 2 Anime titles. They are:

[B]Chrono Crusade[/B]
I sadly missed the oppotunity to watch this show when it first came out via fansub -- sadness, really. Though I am currenlty collecting the manga, I still want to watch the Anime. Not only am I interested in the story, BUT I also heard that the show has a great seiyuu cast -- always a good thing *^_^*

[B]Here is Greenwood OVA[/B]
A must! I totally ADORED this OVA so much! So cuute!!! I heard that the manga is also licensed BUT I'm more devoted to purchasing the DVDs *grin* It's not a brand new show BUT it's still good, old school good. Who knows, maybe I [I]will [/I] pick up the manga too! ^^;; I encourage you all to watch it!

[I]From ANN "Hasukawa Kazuya is in a terrible bind. His brother's new wife is also the woman that Kazuya secretly loves. Determined to avoid them both, Kazuya leaves home to live in the student dorm called Greenwood. There, he hopes to find peace of mind. Unfortunately for Kazuya, stability and peace are the last things one might find at Greenwood - home of the weirdest characters on campus."[/I][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Monkey_Orange][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Here is Greenwood OVA[/B]
A must! I totally ADORED this OVA so much! So cuute!!! I heard that the manga is also licensed BUT I'm more devoted to purchasing the DVDs *grin* It's not a brand new show BUT it's still good, old school good. Who knows, maybe I [I]will [/I] pick up the manga too! ^^;; I encourage you all to watch it![/I][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I [i]just[/i] bought Here is Greenwood. It's so good! The character designs and animation have aged very well, and it's hysterically funny without ever becoming overly manic. I never saw the old VHS dub, but the new one is quite good. Shun and [spoiler]his little brother[/spoiler] are absolutely adorable. :)

The writing is witty and pleasantly over-the-top, and the episodes flow astonishingly well considering how much time passes over the course of the OVA and how much material from the manga was left out. I thought Greenwood was a real treat, and it was gratifying to get the entire OVA in one cheap, nicely produced package.

I'm also looking forward to buying Chrono Crusade--I saw a couple of episodes fansubbed but never got around to actually finishing the series.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][B]RahXephon[/B]: I have DVDs 1-3 and the movie, and I still love the animation, the voice overs, and how good the plotline is. Its just getting so hard to find DVDs 4-7 for a decent price. Curse you Best Buy!! *waves fist menacingly*

[B]Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta[/B]: Okay, I have not seen the show yet, and I'm getting a little agitated that its been pushed back yet again, but this time I'll let it slide by because the box set is also supposed to contain some action figures as well.

Honestly those are the only animes I really want to start watching/finish right now, I'll probably slump into another anime sooner or later ^_^;;[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Firesparks
My wish list consists really of only one anime series. My favorite and most obsessed over series of books...Chobits... Why? I love that series. I love the books, I have seen a few episodes on DVD, and I think that they should put that show on TV. I LOVE CHOBITS!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Guest sweetrevenge814
Hmm... well, here it is... my wishlist-

Marmalade Boy:
This manga was my second ever. You can tell can't you? Anyway, I've always wanted to watch it instead of read it. I wan't to see what everyone sounds like and what color their hair is! hehe

FMP 2:
Ever since my brother borrowed the first FMP series from his friend (way to go STEPHIE!) and I finished the whole series, I've always wanted to see the next series. The ending of FMP is so.. not likeable! I mean... they go FISHING!!! What kind of VAGUE (I guess you could call it.) ending is that?! I have to see FMP 2.

Well, I have to go, but I have a much longer list just waiting to be typed!