OtakuBoards

Your anime wish list.

Dagger

The title of this thread pretty much explains it all. Which show would you like to see (or finish watching), and why? You're also welcome to comment upon other people's choices. Anyway, here are two selections from my current wish list.

[b]1. Please Teacher[/b]

I recently bought all four Fruits Basket DVDs, and watching them made me realize that anime still has a [i]lot[/i] to offer in terms of romantic comedy. Before seeing Fruits Basket, I had been under the impression that most series in the genre were shallow, filled with fanservice, and generally unamusing. While I have nothing against fanservice (which is part of the reason that I'd like to buy Please Teacher), I prefer for my anime to possess some substance.

From what I've read, it sounds as though Please Teacher has it all--gorgeous atwork, relatively realistic characters and an addictive storyline. After flipping through the first volume of the Please Teacher manga, I'm almost certain that the TV show will turn out to be fantastic. Besides, Mizuho is one of the most attractive anime females I've ever seen. ^_~

[b]2. Angelic Layer[/b]

I tend to enjoy tournament-style fighting shows (such as Yu Yu Hakusho). One of my Pretear DVDs came with an Angelic Layer preview; because I'd heard that the series was beautifully animated, I jumped at the chance to watch this trailer. Angelic Layer looks like a sweet, light-hearted show--which just happens to feature some amazing hand-to-hand combat. Although I usually gravitate towards darker, more complicated anime, I try to keep an open mind, and the concept behind Angelic Layer really appeals to me.

~Dagger~

As of right now:

Witch Hunter Robin - Yes i do know this series is going to be run on Adult Swim starting the 17th i believe. Nonetheless i have already purchased the first 2 DVD's and it got very interesting for the last couple of episodes. The character design isn't extremely good, but you get the picture of how 85% of the team is like. The powers/abilities that the team is made up of is pretty unique as well. The art in it is excellent. Whoever thought of the hiar style of Robin's hair was interesting.

Plus it will give me the chance to see if i want to purchase the remaining DVD's or not. I dont have a clue as to what direction their going towards as the main plot yet. However, i think the 3rd DVD will help distinguish what it is.

Other than this anime, i really dont have an interest of buying another series for awhile. I need to get some more money...like badly.

My wish list, eh? Well, I don't come into money often, so my list might be a bit long. I mostly want manga; I LOVE manga, but I can't afford it . . . .

Paradise Kiss: I want this manga to keep coming out! The fifth one is supposed to be here soon, and I've got all the ones up to it. The artwork is gorgeous, detailed, and unique; the characters are easy to love and keep you guessing; and while the story may seem to revolve around a shallow world of fashion and beauty, the personal lives and pasts of the characters makes it interesting, deep, and worthwhile. And Isabella will be on the cover!

Trigun: the manga, not the anime; a friend of mine stayed up every night until midnight to tape the entire series off Cartoon Network--if I go and buy it now, she'll kill me. I've seen the second book in stores, but it's 16 dollars instead of the usual ten. Phooey. The artwork is sketchy and stylized, and might not be the best-drawn of the rest of my collection, but Vash is such a sweetheart that it makes it all better. Besides, I would buy that manga just for the chibi-Vash pictures. He's so cute. The story I can't really comment on; I have it basically memorized so that it means: it's a good story.

The Twelve Kingdoms: (or maybe it's the Ninth. Or the Twelvth. Something like that.) I saw a sample episode on a sampler CD, and it was really interesting. The animation was good, and the voice acting was better than most--but I've never heard of it before, and I haven't seen it since. If I do see it, I probably won't be able to get it anyway . . . . *tear, tear*

That's it for me, right now. I'll have more. I love anime/manga.
oshi

[size=1][color=chocolate]Trust me, Angelic Layer is actually a great series. It has okay dubbing too if you want to dubbed version. ^_^

[b]Naruto:[/b] So many people have talked and talked and talked about this, and so I want to see it. I'll give it a try and see what it is like, although I have never known the point of Naruto. Guess I have to see it.

[b]Witch Hunter Robin:[/b] It looks like a good anime, and the animation looks very good in my opinion. I have heard of it before, but never actually saw it. Good thing it's coming on adult swim, the dude had green blood. ^_^

[b]Card Captor Sakura:[/b] Yes, I haven't seen this anime yet. *sigh* My friend reccommended it, and so I guess I'll give it a try although I have no background knowledge of it.[/size][/color]

SO much anime yet im oh so POOR...but on my wish list

Yami No Matsuei:MURAKI-SENSEI!!!!....i love anime with great villians...not to mention that Hisoka is funny too

Gravitation: i dont know when its coming out but ill probably be the first person to buy it....yes...im a fangirl

Rurouni Kenshin OVA collection: just so heart breaking.....i need it to free my self from the evil catholic holiday that Hallmark calls Valentine's day

Hmmm, Thats a tough one I own a good amount of anime.

I would have to say...I would like...

Ranma 1/2 : Right now all I own is the OAV, but i really love this show alot, I would definitly love to finish watching all the episodes and maybe owning it.

Evangelion : Sadly I have not seen all of this anime. I remember watching it and at the time I watched it I did not fin dit interesting for some reason. Just recently I watched the first episode again and I really want to see it all the way through.

[color=firebrick] Hm...this list is going to be huge.

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion 'Restarted' Full Collection[/b]: This hasn't even come out in the US yet, but I'm very excited about it. I was showed some screenshots from some newly-animated scenes over AIM and it looks incredible.

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion: Director's Cut[/b]: Supposedly Hideaki wasn't satisfied with the original last six episodes and changed them around a bit. *shrugs* I saw the first one on the Anime Network.

[b]Graviation[/b]: Funny series, awesome plot, great anime overall. I don't think the full collection has come out yet, but I want to get it. I've only been able to watch crappy episodes downloaded from various sources.

[b]DN Angel Mangas and DVDs[/b]: DN Angel mangas are now out in the US, but the anime series isn't close to us. The anime was very nice, it has clean animation and good story elements, but I heard the mangas were much more better. Where haven't I heard that statement before...?

[b]Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles[/b]: A new manga from CLAMP that is sort of an AU of various CLAMP characters. Mainly characters from CCS, though. The story is set in a country called Clow where Touya is the King, Sakura the princess, and Li is this archaelogist guy. I saw the first ten pages; it looks awesome.

[b]Jing: King of Bandits[/b]: I watched about six episodes of it on the AN, and it's very cool. It's like Alice in Wonderland-esque setting with all sorts of cool weird stuff. Some parts are a bit iffy, but the rest is nice. Extremely awesome soundtrack.

[b]FLCL Full Collection[/b]: I've seen the first two episodes, and I'm more than interested. Very weird to say in the least...I heard that the DVDs are chock-full of nice extras.

[b]Cowboy Bebop Full Collection and CDs[/b]: I guess just the words 'Cowboy Bebop' can tell you why I want the anime and the music. Both are great.

I'm getting tired to typing, lol, so I'll list the rest:

[b]Card Captor Sakura
Yami no Matsuei
Witch Hunter Robin
.Hack//SIGN
Gravitation CDs
Shaman King
Naruto
RahXephon
Grave of the Fireflies
Millenium Actress
Perfect Blue
Jjangu
Fruits Basket[/b][/color]

In order from Most Wished for to least (those marked with 'available' mean they are commercially available to me):

[b]Angel?s Egg[/b] - I've been quite interested by the premise of art films, and from what I hear, this is one of the best.
[b]Azumanga Daioh[/b] - Having recently finished high school, I think it'll be nice to reminisce with this show.
[b]Voices of a Distant Star (Available)[/b] - An anime wholly created by one man. I've definietly got to check this out. At 25 minutes, its seems as though the way movies should be. In my opinion 90 minutes to too long to sustain interest for me. I'm waiting until the price goes down because $30 Australian seems to much to pay, even considering the extras.
[b]Boogiepop Phantom (Available)[/b]
[b]Card Captor Sakura (Possibly Available)[/b] - After not really being thrilled by 'Cardcaptors', and hearing about how butchered it was, I'd like to check out the original. I haven't seen any 'cute' anime, unless hamtaro falls under this category. The 'possibly available means that it may not be available uncut and with subtitles.
[b]Grave of the Fireflies (Available)[/b] - Many consider this the greatest anime movie ever. A lot of anime movies have dissapointed me e.g. Spriggan, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, The Boy Who Saw the Wind, several DBZ movies, so I'm hoping this can change my perception.
[b]His and Her Circumstances[/b]
[b]Chobits (Available)[/b]
[b]Otaku No Video[/b]
[b]Fruits Basket (Available)[/b]
[b]RahXephon (Available)[/b] - The claim of superiority to Evangelion is one I'd like evaluate for myself.
[b]Excel Saga (Available)[/b] - I want to wait a while for this one, so I would have a better chance at understanding the many references.
[b]NeiA_7[/b] - After seeing some of Haibane-Renmei, I'd much like to see similar works as this, and the one written below.
[b]Serial Experiments Lain (Available)[/b]
[b]Tenchi Muyo! (Uncut) (Available)[/b] - We get the US Toonami version Adult Swim in Australia, and I was rather dissapointed with it. After reading reviews, however, many disagreed. So, now I would like to view the uncut, subtitled version, so see If it lives up the 5-star quality.
[b]Arjuna (Available)[/b] - I found the trailer rather moving, and so I'd like to check this out. I'm hesisitant though as I've read it's blatently a "save the environment" message. I can't pass up on Yoko Kanno though.
[b]Bubblegum Crisis (Available - Limited)[/b] - Being a fan of the 2040 series, it'll be nice to get back to the roots of this popular name.
[b]Akira (Available)[/b] - I just want to see what everyone's talking about.
[b]I My Me Strawberry Eggs[/b] - You can't go wrong with a wacky comedy.
[b]Ninja Scroll (Available)[/b] - I haven't seen many decent fighting films recently, so this may have appeal to me.
[b]Marmalade Boy[/b]
[b]Ghost in the Shell (Available)[/b]
[b]AD Police[/b] - Again, for it's relation to Bubblegum Crisis

[color=midnightblue]Hooray, I can complain about what I don't have yet. I'm going to enjoy this.

[b]Witch Hunter Robin Volume Two and Up-- [/b] I received the limited edition Volume One last December, but didn't get quite what I was expecting. It moved slowly and the episodes were rather boring, but I may as well get the rest of the series somebody paid money for the box. Not to mention the series is supposed to pick up in Disc Two.

[b]FLCL Volume Three--[/b] I bought the first two discs a while ago, but have not had the oppurtunity to purchase the third. I know I have seen all of the series (Except for the first few minutes of episode 6), but it is something I loved to buy.

[b]Excel Saga Volumes Three through Seven--[/b] This is another series that I haven't entirely finished off. Normally, if a title is available in both manga and anime forms, I spring for the cheap one. The Excel Saga manga and anime, however, are very little alike. And I believe the anime is funnier, though a bit more random and not as well-animated.

[b].hack//Legend of Twilight--[/b] This one won't be out until summer (unless Bandai holds it back), but I am already anticipating this one. The .hack//LoT manga was very good, and I want to see how well it translated into an animated form. And, as a .hack devotee, I feel an obligation to purchase all thirteen episodes.

[b]Grave of Fireflies--[/b] I have heard nothing but applause for this movie, so I plan on buying it whenever I have the extra money (Which may be never, but we'll see..).

I think I may spread out my funds too much. Perhaps I should finish off one series, then move on to the next.[/color]

Here are a couple that I've been wishing for:

Cowboy Bebop: I watch this show every time it comes on tv. Why? Because its one of the best animes ever made. Everything about it is superb and top of the class. I just wish i could buy it.

Outlaw Star: Another one of my favorite animes, this one was one of the first animes I ever saw. It helped me get hooked on the genre. It would be nice to own it.

Escaflowne: Every time i watch the ending of this show it just makes me get that wierd feeling in the pit of your stomach, you know, that your so happy that something finally happened that you wanted to happen. *sighs* what a great show

Pilot Candidate (Candidate for Goddess)- This is probably one of the most underrated anime out there. It is a great series, that combines old fashioned drawings with CG action. In my opinions its a great, and high on my list. I just wish that store around here sold it. I would love to own it.

Here's some more:
Card Captures
Rurouni Kenshin
Grave of the Fireflies-one of the first anime movies I ever saw. It was great!
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
and for Magna: I can't wait till the last book of Planet Ladder comes out!!

[color=crimson]Hmmmm...this is like my Christmas list...I didn't get a single thing on it.

1. Yami no Matsuei (Decendants of Darkness) - Yeah, I am very specific with what I want. I really have wanted this series for a while now. I have seen every episode except 8. I really enjoyed the series and would enjoy owning it.

2. Weiss Kreuz - I don't even remember where I heard about this anime, but I really really want it. I have seen the first five episodes and I have this like obsession with having to one the whole series of an anime I like and this is one of them.

3. Gravitation - I love this anime. It's funny, cute, sad, happy, dramatic, strange, full of angst and bishies. ^_^ I have seen the whole series of this anime and I would really love to have it. Hiro is sooo cute ^____^

There are alot more on my list, but I'll leave it at that for now.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

For everyone who mentioned [b]Witch Hunter Robin[/b] and [b]Azumanga Daioh[/b], I'd also love to see those shows. ^_^

[b]3. s-CRY-ed[/b]

Numerous online reviews have stated that--at least within the realm of psychic warfare--s-CRY-ed is second only to X-TV. Any series that can hold its own against such a magnificient show [i]must[/i] be really memorable. s-CRY-ed's set-up is very unique, and I feel drawn to its orginality. Plus, if nothing else, I'm sure that s-CRY-ed has quite a few of the massively destructive action sequences that I so love to watch. Its character designs intrigue me, although the protagonist, Kazuma, appears to be just another version of your usual teenage anime anti-hero (much like Yusuke, Inuyasha, Naruto and Goku).

~Dagger~

Cowboy Bebop - Only ever saw a bit of it on CNX, then both it and CNX were dropped by the Network. A shame, as it has never been released on European Region 2. (Unavailable)

Dai Guard - Only ever seen the trailer for this but it looks great, but rather expensive. (Available)

Tenchi Muyo! - Dropped by Toonami, but a great (if rather heavily edited on tv) series. Released in April! (Available...in a couple of months)

[color=darkolivegreen][b][font=Tahoma]Here's my list. It's pretty simple.

Gravitation- I have been dying to see the anime forever and ever. I love the manga, so the anime has got to be as good.

Princess Nine- Saw a few eps. on Anime on Demand, and now I'm hooked. :D I love baseball!

Yami no Matsuie- I can thank my friends Ehren and Rsj1 for getting me hooked on this show. Ehren talked to me about it so much and Rsj let me hear "Devil's Trill"...And it's got a sexy violinist in it! Lol, I'm just kidding.

Weiss Kreuz- Assasins who own a flower shop. What more could you want, lol?

A.D. Police- So I can own it and watch it again. I got the whole series from Blockbuster once and I can't wait to see it again.

Voices of a Distant Star- I love this movie. I saw it on A.O.D. and I loved it from there.

Laputa: Castle in the Sky- My FAVE Miyazaki film! EVER![/color][/b][/font]

Hmmm, let me see. There are quite a few that I want.

[b]Lain-[/b] I have only gotten the chance to see like 7 episodes. It is very strange, but that's why I like it. I also want to figure out how all this strange scenes that I view to make since. Lain is just one of those deep thought kind of anime.

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion-[/b] There are only the first two DVD for rent at my local rental store of this. I already saw those. I want to see more. I really like the characters and I also enjoy the music. Asuaka, Rei and Shinji are my favorite characters thus far.

[b]Gravitation-[/b] I own like the first eight episodes of this and I fell in love with it right away. I think that it is really funny. My friend burned me those eight episodes from a fan sub site. It is just sweet and funny. Yuki is cool.

Welcome to OtakuBoards, Darius_Stomu. If you'd read our [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules,[/URL] you would have realized that you just posted spam. Please put more effort into your replies; I expect all of your subsequent posts to meet (and hopefully exceed) our expectations, both in terms of content and quality.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Darius_Stomu]I've only got one anime on my list...

BERSERK

I love that anime! I've only seen the first season on DVD and I want more!! :drool: :drool: :drool:[/QUOTE]
Yea the series overall was excellent, but the last 2 episodes kind of disappointed me. It seemed like it should have been at least 4 or 5 more episodes long. Besides all of that the battle scenes where pretty good especially the one you'll see later on in the series that guts has....you'll know what i mean when you see it. The art was kinda sketchy, but it really didn't bother me since i think it went well with the time and placement the anime was supposed to take place in (mid-evil times). The character analysis was pretty good except for like a few of the characters they only breifly mentioned about the past and relationships with the other characters. Last thing is the plot which was perfect except for the end that i thought could have been expanded a little more. Probably the manga resolves that issue.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]This is what I'd like this year, so far:

[B]Pretear[/B]: I plan to finish this series up. I've only got 1 more volume to go.

[B]Saiyuki[/B]: Season 2 looks very interesting. I'm kinda poor now, so I'll let my sister take care of the rest of the volumes. She loves this series more than me. Now, I'm curious as to whether or not ADV will release the movies and third season that is currently airing in Japan.

[B]Gravitation[/B]: No doubts. I have seen this show countless of times--thank you fansubs! And come this year, I will make it legal and buy them! This is just a very good series in many aspects.

[B]DNAngel[/B]: I'm pretty sure that this show will be released this year too. I'll probably just get the first volume to see how it is. I heard that the manga is superior so I'll most likely end up reading it.

[B]Read or Die TV[/B]: No, I haven't seen the OVA. I may buy it sometime later. With this show, I may try out a couple volumes. I heard it's pretty good.

[B]Gundam SEED[/B]: Nope. Not gonna buy it! I'll watch it on Cartoon Network. However, my brother is thinking about getting the first volume. Finally, I'll be able to finish that show. I've only seen up to episode 10. I love Lt. Fraga!

[B]Wolf's Rain[/B]: I have to see how this show turns out first.

[/COLOR]

[color=#503f86]Wow, Gravitation sounds popular. I've only ever seen pictures from it on an online quiz on Quizilla. You can never go wrong with bishounen, though ^_^ That and Weiss Kreuz I've heard only good things about. As for the rest:

[b]Lost Universe:[/b] Anime Star Wars in Space, pretty much. With toilets and chickens. I'm not too hot on the storyline, but it stars Kain Blueriver (someone who owns a starship called the Swordbreaker that can blow up planets), Millie something-or-another, an investigator and a girl called Canal who is the embodiment of the ship's computer. Together they run around the universe trying to seek revenge on the man who killed Kain's grandmother.

I've only actually seen the trailer and listened to the themes, but it really does intruige me. It's a light-hearted comedy anime set in space with lightsaber esque weapons and space ships. The animation looks pretty decent, but I've no idea if the series as a whole will have as much depth as something like Outlaw Star. I'd be very interested to find out, but it's probably not going to be out in the UK for some time, if at all.

[b]RahXephon:[/b] From Volume 3 upwards. I've not seen past the last episode on DVD Volume 2 and it annoys me that I can't afford the next two yet >.>

[b]Arc the Lad:[/b] Again' I've only seen a trailer for this, but magic, fantasy and escaflowne-like technology is always good in my book, heh.

[b].hack//SIGN:[/b]I'd like to get the soundtrack for the series; it might be nice to know what actually happens in it as well.

Animes I've been recommended:
My Neighbour Totoro
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Zone of the Enders
Excel Saga

Even though I've not seen Akira I'm really not that interested in watching it. I know it's highly acclaimed, but I just don't like the look of the animation. It's a shallow reason, I know, but I can't enjoy an animation as much if I don't like how it looks.[/color]

Sailor Moon. I really want to watch all the series of this. I have only seen the first series and that was about 6-7 years ago. Fox Kids used to show it but they stopped it.

Ah! My Goddess. I've seen the first three episodes and i loved it now i want to see the rest.

I watching Excel Saga at the moment on Sci-fi and i think its so funny. :babble:

[color=darkblue]Whew, there's a lot of different animés I want to own. I'll list a few to save on server space, lol.

[b]Ranma 1/2: The Entire Collection[/b]

Ranma 1/2 is one of the funniest animés I've ever been able to watch. The animation may not be everything, but the characters more than make up for it. lol

[b]Outlaw Star[/b]

Ever since I saw the series on Toonami (and again on Adult Swim v1), I've wanted to own it. Mostly due to the fact that the characters have such odd personalities (in my opinion) and the music is really nice.

[b].hack//SIGN[/b]

Simply a must-have for anyone, in my opinion. Pretty original story line, great artwork and animation, wonderful characters and decent VAs. Makes it an all-around great animé.

[b]Now and Then, Here and There[/b]

One of my favorite animés that I've seen relatively recently. Though some may say it's just an anti-war message in deep disguise, I think it's a great series that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

[b]Magic Knight Rayearth[/b]

I've just finished reading Magic Knight Rayearth and I'm about to start MRKII, and I'm totally in love with it. Though I do tend to like the mangas better, I just want to see if they messed up the story at all, lol.

For sake of time, I'll just list the rest and edit later.

[b]Tenchi seires
Card Captor Sakura
Here Is Greenwood
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Vision of Escaflowne
Arjuna
Saber Marionette J
Jubei-chan
Arc the Lad
Dragon Half[/b][/color]

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86][b]Lost Universe:[/b] Anime Star Wars in Space, pretty much. With toilets and chickens. I'm not too hot on the storyline, but it stars Kain Blueriver (someone who owns a starship called the Swordbreaker that can blow up planets), Millie something-or-another, an investigator and a girl called Canal who is the embodiment of the ship's computer. Together they run around the universe trying to seek revenge on the man who killed Kain's grandmother.

I've only actually seen the trailer and listened to the themes, but it really does intruige me. It's a light-hearted comedy anime set in space with lightsaber esque weapons and space ships. The animation looks pretty decent, but I've no idea if the series as a whole will have as much depth as something like Outlaw Star. I'd be very interested to find out, but it's probably not going to be out in the UK for some time, if at all.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]*Shudders violently*

Star Wars in space is highly missing the mark. Lost Universe is probably the most lame anime series I've ever seen, even worse than Ultimate Muscle. There is not emotion, the action is completely nonexistant, and the voices are dull. It's one of those anime shows that can easily put you to sleep. What I suggest is that you borrow the first volume from someone before you waste your money. That's why I did. And I couldn't even get through the second episode of three before giving it back.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]*Shudders violently*

Star Wars in space is highly missing the mark. Lost Universe is probably the most lame anime series I've ever seen, even worse than Ultimate Muscle. There is not emotion, the action is completely nonexistant, and the voices are dull. It's one of those anime shows that can easily put you to sleep. What I suggest is that you borrow the first volume from someone before you waste your money. That's why I did. And I couldn't even get through the second episode of three before giving it back.[/size][/color][/QUOTE][COLOR=#503F86]Ah, just as well I got an opinion first, then ^_^; Like I said, I've only seen the trailer, so I can't draw that much as to what the show's really like. I might give it a miss until it's broadcast on TV in that case. Thanks, Tori.

To copy Lady Katana, I want to see [b]Magic Knight Rayearth[/b] too. I've seen the three-episode long special and I'd love to see more of the characters in it.[/COLOR]