OtakuBoards

The Slayers

Manic Webb

Hey, has anyone seen the Blue Gourry Pencil board? I was wondering if they are still around, at cons and stuff.
Here's a link to a page with a picture of it:
[url]http://ryen.net/sale/shitajiki/slayers/[/url]
I love the way Gourry is drawn, very cool and mysterious. The colours really set a nice tone.
If anyone has seen this pencil board anywhere except online stores, I would greatly appreciate it if you told me. :)
And, was anyone else a little unnerved with the image of [spoiler] Hellmaster Phabrizzo when he died. As he was running, then went poof. Kids shouldn't look like that... Even if they really aren't just kids. :( [/spoiler]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Slayers awesome anime very funny. I own NEXT and TRY in box sets I think I like NEXT a little more then I like TRY . TRY is not as good looking in art it really lacked a few things in my view though i do love the chracters Xellos and Fillia Their really funny. It was well worth the money i spent.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Black]Slayers is a good show. Espicially Gourry hes cool. i laughed so hard when they called him an idot swordsman. hes such an idiot. lina is really cool. her dragon slave attack is really cool. Zelgadis is just plain wierd. and Emilia (not sure thats right) is the most annoying character i have ever ecountered. I hate Xellos. HE IS SO DANG ANNOYING. ya but other than that Slayers is awsome show i watch it all the time.[/COLOR]

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Lina Inverse on the hot seat! Speaking of her, I also seen her as one of the characters in Warcraft III DOTA!

All I missed in this show was the funniest thief of all time, next to Lupin III. She had powers that stunned her enemies. One move and she's on fire!

• 8 months later...
[COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]-Resurrection-

Well judging by the age of the last post I take it that nobody has heard the news? Slayers is apparently getting a new 6 month series. The date is has yet to been announced but the news was enough to get me excited. Read more [URL="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-02-27/new-slayers-tv-anime-series-in-the-works"]here[/URL].

This is probably the best thing I've heard all day.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I read the news when it was first posted on ANN and, since Slayers is one of my favorite series, I'm pretty excited. I've just been lazy in posting about it. :p

I just hope they stick with the core characters from the first three TV series. Lina, Gourry, Zelgadis, and Amelia really made the Slayers anime what it was and I never enjoyed the OAVs and movies that only featured Lina and Naga as much. And, of course, I hope they get the same seiyuu for them again—I can't imagine anyone besides Megumi Hayashibara voicing Lina.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...