OtakuBoards

The Slayers

Manic Webb

Hey i'm hear to talk about the anime called the Slayers. It was aswome and funny. i just want to descuss it and stuff like your favorite characters or moments in the show. My favorite character is Zellgoddess(its a guy contrere to the name) and that long haired blonde dude whos name i can't remeber.

My favorite moment is when the main character girl whos name i can't remember either uses her super red majic ball attack and everyone puts on a pair of sunglasses.

Lets hear yours.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither have i. Wasn't it funny when Goury [spoiler]peeked under that one girls skrt to make sure she had a tail because she was a dragon. Then he got slammed by that club.[/spoiler] Thats some funny stuff.

I'm almost done watching all of it; I only have to watch the rest of 'Try'.
Double_B_Daigo, where did you see that his name was spelled Zellgoddess? I just want to know because it is usually spelled, Zelgadis, and I think that is quite a funny spelling of it!

Anyway, yes that was a funny scene! but, I do agree with what happened to him.
My favorite of them are Zelgadis, Amelia, and Xelloss.
I particularly like Xelloss because of the fact that you can never tell for sure that he's on your side or even what his plans are.
Also, he seems to act differently when his eyes are open (they appear to be closed all the time); I love the looks he has on his face when they are open, so sinister and devious!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuyasha's Girl [/i]
[B]I havent seen the hole seires yet but I like Goury (that guy wiht the blond hair [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please clean up your post quality and put more thoughts and efforts into your posts. Thank you!

As for Slayers, I saw the first volume and I dispised it. The animation is ugly and the dubbing is awful. I don't think I'll ever give this series a chance, although I am interested in this Martina chic.[/color][/size]

Queen Asuka, I believe you about the dubbing, although I've never seen any of the dubbed version, because my friend has the box set (I didn't feel like borrowing it from her) and she gave me her opinion of it, she definately likes it subtitled better. I couldn't imagine watching it any other way myself.
I have been watching it on IC (International Channel).

This series is one of my favourites ever. My favourite Characters would be Xellos, Zelgadis, and Phibrizzo [such a cute little Hellmaster lol >>].
My favourite moment? hmm... Tough to say:sweat:
I guess the series of episodes of Valgaav ^^;;

I wish the Novels were translated though.. I want to read them!! [Dynast's in them! Wohoo!]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yami*Maho Keno [/i]
I have been watching it on IC (International Channel).[/QUOTE]
Ah yes. That's where I've been watching it. I like it better with subtitles. Hmmm...I probably have to say that Zelgadis is my fav. char. I've seen several eps. toward the beginning and bits and pieces here and there but I haven't been able to watch it alot because we don't have cable or any channels anymore.
*sobs*

i'd have to say my fav character is Lina...of course...

and my fav part was when Goury was talking to some girl....i dont remember who...and she said something about a fiance'

and he said something like: Is that a kind of pickle?

:nope:

i also watch Slayers on I-channel :demon:

• 2 months later...
Personally, I think Slayers is great both subbed and dubbed. And, Queen Asuka, I know the animation isn't exactly great in the first season. It's better in Next and Try, and the dubbing is more in sync (in my opinion, anyways)

My favorite character is (obviously) Xellos.

I thought the crossdressing episode in Next was hilarious! It was so funny when [spoiler]Miwan turned out to be a guy.[/spoiler] I also have to agree about the Dragon Cuisine episode. The picture in the locket at the end is funny. Ahh, good times.

I don't like Slayers:The Motion Picture in english though, there the dubbing WAS horrible. Cyntia Martinez should never be allowed to do Lina again. She made Lina to ditzy. I'll take Megumi-san or Lisa Ortiz over her any day.

Ah!! Slayers now that's something i can talk about. My favorite character is Lina Inverse duh!! I like when she castes her spells even though she messes up things that's in the way lol and Gourry would be my other fav he always saying stupid things and he's a total hunk. lol Xellos is my next favorite he always come to Lina and the gang when they don't need him and even if he's part of the monster race he's still a cutie. lol Sorry i'm laughing so much i'm just in a mood ^-^

Oh hm.. almost forgot on Slayers Try i can't stand how Xellos talks in the english version so when i'm not lazy i usually watch it in the subtitle version.. =^.^=

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hawke3000 [/i]
[B]My favourite character is Gourry for his sheer stupitidy!!!

My favourite scene is,well,all of the episode where they go to get the Dragon Cuisine in NEXT!!!See it.It is THE funiest episode!! [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]
Oh, that is one of the best! I like that one, and also the one with that insane tennis-like tournament. All of my favorite episodes are in NEXT. Oh wait, except for the one where Gourry, Amelia, and Lina do that play on the way to Sairaag. That one's my favorite!

As for the quality, I find this show to be one of my supreme favorites, as well as one of my most hated. Why? Because I LOVE the sub (I too watched it on IC), but I can't stand the dub. Not just Lisa Ortiz, everyone in the dub drives me nuts! Particularly Zelgadis- he just sounds weird! But really, how could anyone possibly replace Megumi-sama in the role of Lina? Even listening to just one of the theme songs (I'd suggest Jama wa Sasenai) should tell you that.
[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xellos [/i]
[B]I don't like Slayers:The Motion Picture in english though, there the dubbing WAS horrible. Cyntia Martinez should never be allowed to do Lina again. She made Lina to ditzy. I'll take Megumi-san or Lisa Ortiz over her any day. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I agree. Even though I haven't seen any of the normal epps I've seen the Motion picture and I just though Lina's voice was....awful. I was definately to screechy for me. Hopefully this won't put me off from the whole series though because I have heard good things about it.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Isus [/i]
[B]my favorite character in the series was the "monster" with short purplely blue hair....he smiles alot.... [/B][/QUOTE]

your talkin' about Zelgadis. He is one of the most favorable characters on the thread right now, but I still the Goury is one of the cooler ones becuase he's just so damn funny and clueless.

• 1 month later...
Personally, I don't really like Naga's english voice, either. It's simply no match for Maria Kawamura and her high pitched, "HOHOHO" laugh (Why is it the japanese seem to be so good at doing those?). Even if I'm reading fanfics I use Naga's japanese voice speaking english. And in the rest of the series when Lisa does Lina's voice, it isn't so screechy and prissy. It fits Lina's personality better, I think. I made sure to get the DVD for the video's with Naga and Lina, so i can watch them subbed.

And am I the only person who likes Xellos' english voice? I think it fits perfectly with the character. It's annoying. That works.

And my friend pointed out to me why Gourry is so stupid. It's so there's and excuse to explain things (I had no idea whatsoever what the Kouma Sensou (sp?) was before that :sweat: )

Whoa...I think that's the longest post I've ever made here...go me ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
[color=violet]You know what I'm talking about right? Well, duh, you looked at the post so you have some kind of idea.
Slayers, the anime with the klepto Sourceress, Lina Inverse and the mercenery, Gourry who's intellect rivals that of rocks? Does anyone besides me watch this and if so, what do you think about it?
Personally, I find it funny. Especially with the remarks about Lina's height and chest. The girl has an appetite that rivals Tsukino Usagi!
I got interested in it after someone mentioned it to me in the library at FLCC. Of course, the guy had no idea what he was talking about because he said Slayers was about vampire slayers. Okay that was way off.
So, that's me.[/color]

Guest angelaanime
I have only seen the 1st movie. I also saw a number of clips from the shows at [url]www.animeart.com[/url].But i now a lot of the charactors! I just need more money to buy the DVD's!

Slayers is my absolute favorite anime of all time. And Gourry Gabriev is my favorite anime character of all time :)
I wish the anime could be a bit better in the series, but that doesn't really bother me too much in the long run, as the comedy more than makes up for it. The characters the best part, each so different and quirky in there own way. And each is very memorable, what Slayers fan wouldn't think of Xellos when you heard the line "Sore wa himitsu desu!" or "That's a secret!"
The movies weren't as good as the series, in my opinion, because none of them (With the exepction of Premium) featured the entire TV cast. But, Naga was still ok. Can't forget that laugh.
Slayers was also one of the few anime in which I thought the dub was absolutely spectacular, but I still prefer Megumi Hiyashibara over Lisa Ortiz as Lina.
I love Slayers :love:

• 2 months later...
I'm usually watching this show. Has anyone seen it? Also, who is your favorite character? Mine has to be Gourry, he's the average, idotic bodyguard. It's a neat show. I like how the character's personality fits their image. I like their personalities period. The set up of the show is interesting. The conflics, all add up to make a series that fits together to make sense to the veiwer. What are your thoughts about the show? :)

[COLOR=Navy]I merged your topic with the official Slayers thread. Happy posting. ^_^

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo][B]I haven't been able to watch it. And that might be explained since I'm a Winnipegger. But oh well, and uhhh I know who the characters are though and I know what the movie is called! That's about ALL I know.... sadly.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]