Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You're looking at a newly converted "Slayers" fan! I've been watching it weekly on the International Channel for a few months and it's great. I like how Lina Inverse is an incredibly powerful warrior/sorceress, but acts like a total goofyball. Zelgadis and Gourry are kool and Amelia... um... she's Amelia.

What do you all think about the series?
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
One of my top 5 favorite anime series of all time. It has probably everything that I love about anime - great storyline, well developed characters, nice animation, loads of humor. It's just perfect.
Posted
I love Slayers (one of my all time favorites) but have never seen a single episode of it. Well, one of the movies but that dosen't count as a epp.
Your probably woundering how it is that I love this anime when I have never seen it, right? Well I found a web site with complete scripts on every epp up until Slayers Try. *sigh* I wish that I could see it though. It's not the same reading a script.
Posted
Personally, my favourite character is Lina, she reminds me of Vegita from DBZ/GT, since she is so arrogant, well that is in my opinion.

Lina Inverse has two primary motivations in her young life. The first is getting enough to eat (she never does), lol. The second is getting rich, preferably by robbing bandits, evil sorcerers, and other villains. There is of course no question of giving any of this rotten loot to "the poor". If there's anything Lina isn't, it's Robin Hood.

Slayers is by far a great show, it has a mixed genre of comic relief and action. It is not like the common anime of today.
Posted
I have the first season of Slayers and I like it. It's pretty funny and it has some great fantasy elements in it. Swordsman, soceresses, evil priests etc. The whole atmosphere is wonderful. It's kinda a old show, so some of the animation isn't that great. It has a lot of cool characters from the bitchy Lina Inverse to the skilled but stupid swordsman Gourry to the crazy champion of justice Amelia. My only complaint is that there are a ton of filler episodes. I heard the other seasons were much better, so when I check them out I will definently be pleased.
Posted
I like it very much! I watch it on the International channel too! Lina is my favorite character because she reminds me of me...stylish, pretty and fiery...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpyderDragon [/i]
[B]:naughty: someone thinks highly off themself! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

true...true...all apart of the 12-day program....
Posted
I LOVE Slayers! ^_^ I've seen a few episodes and read about one manga, and it's already on my "favorite list." Gourry's so funny, Lina's cool, and Zelgadis....gaw, I want to see more!
Posted
Everybody is funny! Even if the part tends to be serious, they find a way to make it hilarious. The movies and OAVs were also quite excellent even though the rest of the gang wasn't there. I'm just waiting for the latest movie when they all reunite.

On a more personal note, my favorite character was Xellos. Cool but cunning, perfect for those demon personalities.
  • 3 months later...
Posted
[COLOR=deeppink]You know, with Lina and Gourry and Zel and the rest of the gang? It's quite good, and has good animation. Not to mention it's really funny [/COLOR] :haha:
Posted
I love Slayers! I watch it every week on the International Channel (I think they're up to Slayers Next). It has everything I like in anime (comedy, sword fights, magic). The only thing it's missing is a giant robot... which it really doesn't need.

Amelia is hilarious. I never stop laughing with the way she carries on about fighting for justice. A good justice. A strong justice!

Zelgadis is a great straight man/golem/demon. He's constantly serious while everyone else in the cast is completely wacko.

One of my favorite episodes is when Lina & co. have a bounty on them and they decide to hide out by joining a little theatre group. Amelia gets picked to play Lina Inverse in their play instead of the real Lina.
Posted
Oh I've heard about the show before and have even looked it up on the internet but I have never seen it since I don't think we have it here in Canada. Oh well it looks like a really good anime though and I wish we did have it here:(
Posted
[FONT=arial]I like what I've seen and read of Slayers. just not dubbed, ANYTHING but dubbed >.<. Gourry and Zelgadis are my favorite characters. and I absolutely love the music. I've even got a wallscroll of the Slayers hanging up in my room, right above my computer :D. [/FONT]
Posted
I love Slayers!! It's one of the best anime's I've ever seen... Well, I haven't exsactally seen them yet. I've just read every epp script up until the first epp of slayer's try... then the site closed down... the [i]nerve[/i] of some people... If I had their e-mail I coulda atleast gotten it like that...

Anyway's I've lately began downloading them. I've got only a few epps and am gonna see them soon (unfortunatly all dubbed, but then I can't understand it in any other language).

I heard they showed it on the family channel a while back... anyone know if they still show it?
Posted
I have read 1 book on it. I read a lot of the aticials on it. But haven't seen it. From what I have read, and heard... I bet the show is pretty good. Also...I can't find the channel that it's on. Can someone help me?
  • 4 months later...
Posted
I have been watching it for about two months on the International Channel and at first. I didn't care for it much but I got use to it and I must say it's one damn good anime show even with subtitles.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Galvatron [/i]
[B]I have been watching it for about two months on the International Channel and at first. I didn't care for it much but I got use to it and I must say it's one damn good anime show even with subtitles. [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] Its anime genius! It has comedy, action, a plot and all in one show! I personally love It, can't get enough of the stuff. I've been watching it on the Korean International channel. I think... But seriously! You gotta watch it at 8:00 pacific on the International channel on Fridays and Sundays. Its in my opinion, the best anime ever! Well, its in the top five anyways.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I've been watching [i]Slayers[/i] on the International Channel since the first episode, which was a long time ago, considering it airs weekly and it's all the way on [i]Slayers Try[/i]. I love the show. It's hilarious. It's like a comedy that has action thrown in there every few seconds, and visa versa. It's flawless, and every character (good and evil) is likeable.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Maybe it's just me, but I really HATED this show. I thought the character designs were awful and the plot was lame. I don't know...I just never got into it. It's been a while since I've seen it, though.[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...