OtakuBoards

Next Generation Mortal Kombat Shots

James

[color=indigo]Midway have finally released a shot of Mortal Kombat 5, to be available on all major next-gen consoles.

The team has said that they want to "totally reinvent the genre". I personally loved the older MK games, but I didn't like MK4. So I really hope that MK5 proves to be a different experience. In any case, I've included a shot below for you to feast your eyes on.

Nice, huh? :)[/color]

[IMG]http://ps2media.ign.com/media/news/image/midway/mk1.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Madmax [/i]
[B]nice pic

where dose ign get all its stuff? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]IGN would be getting this stuff from Midway's PR department. Here is a second released shot. [/color]

[IMG]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/mortalkombat/mk2.jpg[/IMG]

Hm... the graphics look really good but I hope it's not like a true 3d fighting game. So much of MK is based on projectiles which only really works in a "back-and-forth" fighter.

Hopefully they'll be able to bring MK back to its former glory.

BTW: My favorite character's Scorpion.

-Adam
theOtaku.com

Yeah in Mortal Kombat its mostly about Projectiles I guess Mortal Kombat is best to be in its 2-D form or make the charcters in 3-D and fight in a 2-D style world.Thats why I enjoy Mortal Kombat Trilogy best out of all the Mortal Kombat games.

[color=indigo]Who here saw the Mortal Kombat movie?

The second one was total crap...but I didn't mind the first one. Sure, it had no story, but it had a cool soundtrack and very nice effects...

my favourite characters in the movie were Sub Zero and Shang Tsung.

Remember the bit where Sub Zero freezes that dude at the start? Ahh...it was a golden moment. hehe :) [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Treble [/i]
[B]Yeah and the part where Sub-Zero frozed Sonya's gun heh I liked that part. And the way the Harpoon came out of Scorpion hands looked tight! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Yeah...*sigh*...it's a shame that MK4 sucked so hard. MK is a good franchise...it still has life left, as long as they do a GOOD game.

Let's pray that MK5 is cool :) [/color]

[size=3][color=crimson][font=centruy gothic]the second one had a cool soundtrack too... i lost instrest in it when they killed johny cage off... that was gay lol... they could have waited you know[/font][/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by iggy [/i]
[B]the shots rule do u use a capture card to take the shots james? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue]Nope. In order to use that, I'd need to actually HAVE the game. lol

Those pics come from Midway.

I do have a program that allows me to take screenshots from regular PSOne games though. :)[/color]

Personally I loved MK4. I DIDN'T like MK3 and all those spin-off like games (MK3 Ultimate and stuff like that). But all the rest were great, and 5 looks good, but looks don't really add to the fun of a game.

• 2 weeks later...