James Posted August 17, 2001 Posted August 17, 2001 [color=indigo]Midway have finally released a shot of Mortal Kombat 5, to be available on all major next-gen consoles. The team has said that they want to "totally reinvent the genre". I personally loved the older MK games, but I didn't like MK4. So I really hope that MK5 proves to be a different experience. In any case, I've included a shot below for you to feast your eyes on. Nice, huh? :)[/color] [IMG]http://ps2media.ign.com/media/news/image/midway/mk1.jpg[/IMG]
Sephiroth Posted August 17, 2001 Posted August 17, 2001 jax and scorpion look cool, hopefully the game will be better than mk4....
Treble Posted August 17, 2001 Posted August 17, 2001 Wow I like the way Scorpion looks he looks tight hopegfully this game will be a fun fighting game.
James Posted August 17, 2001 Author Posted August 17, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Madmax [/i] [B]nice pic where dose ign get all its stuff? [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]IGN would be getting this stuff from Midway's PR department. Here is a second released shot. [/color] [IMG]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/mortalkombat/mk2.jpg[/IMG]
Adam Posted August 17, 2001 Posted August 17, 2001 Hm... the graphics look really good but I hope it's not like a true 3d fighting game. So much of MK is based on projectiles which only really works in a "back-and-forth" fighter. Hopefully they'll be able to bring MK back to its former glory. BTW: My favorite character's Scorpion. -Adam theOtaku.com
Treble Posted August 17, 2001 Posted August 17, 2001 Yeah in Mortal Kombat its mostly about Projectiles I guess Mortal Kombat is best to be in its 2-D form or make the charcters in 3-D and fight in a 2-D style world.Thats why I enjoy Mortal Kombat Trilogy best out of all the Mortal Kombat games.
James Posted August 17, 2001 Author Posted August 17, 2001 [color=indigo]Who here saw the Mortal Kombat movie? The second one was total crap...but I didn't mind the first one. Sure, it had no story, but it had a cool soundtrack and very nice effects... my favourite characters in the movie were Sub Zero and Shang Tsung. Remember the bit where Sub Zero freezes that dude at the start? Ahh...it was a golden moment. hehe :) [/color]
Treble Posted August 17, 2001 Posted August 17, 2001 Yeah and the part where Sub-Zero frozed Sonya's gun heh I liked that part.And the way the Harpoon came out of Scorpion hands looked tight!
James Posted August 17, 2001 Author Posted August 17, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Treble [/i] [B]Yeah and the part where Sub-Zero frozed Sonya's gun heh I liked that part. And the way the Harpoon came out of Scorpion hands looked tight! [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]Yeah...*sigh*...it's a shame that MK4 sucked so hard. MK is a good franchise...it still has life left, as long as they do a GOOD game. Let's pray that MK5 is cool :) [/color]
Kuja Posted August 17, 2001 Posted August 17, 2001 [size=3][color=crimson][font=centruy gothic]the second one had a cool soundtrack too... i lost instrest in it when they killed johny cage off... that was gay lol... they could have waited you know[/font][/color][/size]
iggy Posted August 18, 2001 Posted August 18, 2001 the shots rule do u use a capture card to take the shots james?
Treble Posted August 18, 2001 Posted August 18, 2001 Heh im not sure but insn't the second pic Quan-Chi from Mortal Kombat 4?
James Posted August 19, 2001 Author Posted August 19, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by iggy [/i] [B]the shots rule do u use a capture card to take the shots james? [/B][/QUOTE] [color=blue]Nope. In order to use that, I'd need to actually HAVE the game. lol Those pics come from Midway. I do have a program that allows me to take screenshots from regular PSOne games though. :)[/color]
Guest zanza Posted August 20, 2001 Posted August 20, 2001 Personally I loved MK4. I DIDN'T like MK3 and all those spin-off like games (MK3 Ultimate and stuff like that). But all the rest were great, and 5 looks good, but looks don't really add to the fun of a game.
omega_magnus Posted August 31, 2001 Posted August 31, 2001 I hope that we can enjoy the next game soon, with all our favourite characters.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now