OtakuBoards

What new manga/manwha are you reading now?

Monkey_Orange

Manga! Just recently been cruising the book stores for em. Looking for Love Hina 1, but cant find it. But I am reading:

Megatokyo
Hellsing
.Hack
X1999
Onegai! Teacher

Past that, Im still searching. Many series look very nice, but I cant find the first volumes :flaming: . My collection contains mostly animes.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the Jackal
I'm currently collecting a few series,
Petshop of Horrors,
Tokyo babylon,
Under the glass moon,
Ring,
To Heart,
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Yui
The Wanderer,
Lament of the Lamb,
Model,
Comic Party,
Eerie Queerie,
and some others but I forget right now.
It's really bad that Demon Diary series is over :( but I still re-read them all over and over :D
I also have the old format Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yugi and various others that stopped getting sold in stores :(
next I might get the .Hack manga, or just see whatever I like the looks of xP

Since my last post I have purchased:

Saiyuki vol 2
Naruto vol 1
Gravitation vol 1-5

I can't wait to get my hands on more Saiyuki but until then I am very happy reading Gravitation. I really like this manga. I wasn't sure if I would but something about it just hooked me. I like the colorful characters since they all have such great personalities. I don't want to give too much away so I will leave it at that. ^_^

I would have purchased more Naruto but they didn't have vol 2 in stock! The other manga I would like to get is Alice 19th but I couldn't find vol 1 of that series either. I just wasn't having too much luck on my last manga shopping trip! :(

[b]Les Bijoux[/b] is terribly underrated. This manwha takes place in one of the richest, most beautifully drawn fantasy worlds I've ever seen, and yet I get the sense that almost no one is following it.

Unfortunately, the first book thrusts the reader into a number of confusing situations (not to mention the fact that Tokyopop's print quality is absolutely horrific), and I can see how that would make people want to drop the series. But by volume 2, the pace starts to become more relaxed, and plenty of time is set aside for character development as well as bloody action and epic quests. I can't wait to read volume 3. ^_^

Although it's undeniably shoujo, Les Bijoux has a pretty unique atmosphere. It juxtaposes pretty boys and heavy shounen-ai undertones with unforgiving (several semi-important characters have already been slaughtered), brutal battles. Despite the lush, gorgeous artwork and highly stylized setting, Les Bijoux feels grittier than many other fantasy manga/manwha.

~Dagger~

omg this is my first post in... a long time... :hides:

The manga I am reading or have read are:

Chobits-the whole thing
Ranma1/2-to vol 21
Full Metal Panic-to vol.4
Marmalade Boy -he whole thing
Gunslinger Girl-vol 1
Petshop of Horrors-to vol 3
Trigun-to vol.2
Cowboy bebop shooting star-to # 2
Utena-the whole thing
Naruto-to the 1st vol
Fushigi Yugi- vol. 5? 6? I cant really remember

I'm planing to finish up Ranma, FMP, Trigun, fushigi yugi and several others that I have. Its just the issue of the moolah. So i'll probably never finish any of these. XD

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Finally got the following:
[B]Hot Gimmick 4
Rave Master 9
Angel Sanctuary 2[/B]

I was hoping to snatch a couple of some other early releases from Tokyopop and Brocoli Books--but they weren't there. I shall return again next week *^^*
[/COLOR]

I picked up volumes one and two of Alice 19th. I am quite pleased with it so far. I wouldn't say it is my favorite but I like the art and the characters are pretty entertaining. It was a very easy read and I like were the storyline is going.

Now I just have to get my hands on more Saiyuki and Gravitation!

Guest Novapup
I just recently started reading manga. I began by reading my wife's manga such as Chobits and Saiyuki. I'm now reading Naruto volume 1 and as soon as I can find volume 2 I'll start that!

[QUOTE=Panda]I picked up volumes one and two of Alice 19th. I am quite pleased with it so far. I wouldn't say it is my favorite but I like the art and the characters are pretty entertaining. It was a very easy read and I like were the storyline is going.

Now I just have to get my hands on more Saiyuki and Gravitation![/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I read the first two volumes of [B]Alice 19th[/B] too *^^* My favorite bishie from that series is Frey *drools* As I can remember, there were some pretty funny scenes between Frey and Kyo, and Frey and Alice. Ooo...I gotta have some of Frey's homemade jam Mmm...

Oh yeah. I also gave in and picked up [B]Gravitation 1[/B]. It's a change from what was in the Anime. It's nice to see Shuichi's other life. The manga is always more detailed that the Anime, duh!

Good stuff ^^ [/COLOR]

I'm reading many manga titles.I pretty far in all of them.
[U]Here's my list[/U]
[B]Dragon Knights[/B](Rath Is MINE!!!)-Vol.13
Ranma1/2-all of them (so far)
Saiyuki-vol.2
Chobits-vol.7
.hack//legace of twilight-vol.2
Naruto-all of them(so far)
---------------------------------
I think I'll start reading Demon Diaries it soundes good.And alot of you guys seem to like it.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Okies. The following is my June manga spending spree. Actually, I ended up saving money on this month's batch because of all the coupons and certificates I had ^^ It feels good to save money, ne?

[B]Angel Sanctuary 2
DNAngel 2
Gravitation 2-6
[/B]

All I need next is [B]Prince of Tennis 2[/B] and I'll be all set for the summer ^^;
[/COLOR]

Guest Axls Fangirl
Since I have been in college for over the last year and more...I have been unable to keep up on my Manga due to money needing to go to food and school supplies. But recently my parents gave me some money to spend on myself for fun so I was able to grab some mangas. A few of them I just started into:

[B]Desert Coral[/B]: Great story. Not too crazy about the artwork but the story makes up for that

[B]Megaman NT Warrior[/B]: I'm just a huge Megaman fan. ^.~

[B]DNAngel[/B]: A friend told me about it...sorta. He gave me what HE thought the story line was based on pictures he saw off the net. -.- Imagine my surprise when it was NOTHING like what he told me. Still good though.

[B]Saiyuki[/B]: Loved the one episode I saw of the anime so when I saw the manga of it (and I am a huge manga freak) I had to get it. ^_^

Of course these aren't all the series I am currently collecting...these are just the ones where I only have volumes 1 or 2 and just recently started collecting.

[quote name='Axls Fangirl']Since I have been in college for over the last year and more...I have been unable to keep up on my Manga due to money needing to go to food and school supplies. [/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ugh. I, too, will be feeling that pinch soon ^^;

Until then, I must hurry and complete my June stash. Then, I'm pretty much gonna fast this summer. It's gonna be tough, I tell ya! Tough!

I finally got a hold of [B]Juvenile Orion 3[/B]. The story progresses and I get to see Tomonori without his glasses on. Mmm...Very nice. There are only 2 volumes left in this series. How will it all end?

Only 1 more manga left to get for June and I am done. Kinda nervous. But I'm pretty sure I'll survive. Geesh. I sound like a drug addict ^^;
[/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]I just bought my first two manga's tuesday which were Ragnarok vol. 1 because I love Norse mythology and D.N.Angel vol. 1 because I love the art I've seen from it. I can allready tell I'm addicted and this weekend I'm planning one getting another on though I dunno what yet.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1][color=deeppink]Well, I'm relatively new on the manga scene, but most of what I have read, I have enjoyed.

[b]Marmalade Boy[/b]: This was the very first manga I ever picked up, mainly because of it's 'underground popularity'. The plotline never fails to amuse and the drama usually isn't overdone. I liked the art style, which is reminiscent of Sailor Moon, and it is overall a cute little manga. Currently, all 8 volumes are here in the U.S. in English (and have been for awhile now), although I have no clue about plans to release the anime. If drama and romance is your cup a' tea, and you get a chance to check this manga out, do so!

[b]Wish[/b]: Quite honestly, this manga was disappointing. While the artwork remained beautiful (as CLAMP has a reputation for), the plot line seemed like some one's rough draft or outline of a plot, rather than something finished and complete. The ending seemed rushed, and there were various 'plot holes' most of which were only half-resolved, or completely unresolved and left the reader quite confused. All whopping 4 volumes are here in the U.S. in English. I wouldn't recommend this one.

[b]Fake[/b]: My friend actually got me interested in this one. She had Vol. 1, and my other friend had Vol. 2, and from then on I was hooked. This manga is the tale of one unrequited lover and another confused one. With an American backdrop that made for an interesting change and a decent plotline other than the romantic one, with another sub plot, this manga definitely wasn't lacking on the content end. The art style took some getting used to, but it grew on me. The only complaint I have is the fan-service yaoi scene exstension at the end which really wasn't necessary. But c'est la vie. All 7 volumes are in the U.S. in English.

[b]Paradise Kiss[/b]: The same one who got me into Fake got me into this one too. I must admit, I completely fell in love with the quirky art style and gorgeous clothing these characters wore. For me, where the plot line lacked or got old, the art style made up for it. If you're a fan of over the top gorgeous, and slightly effeminate artwork, this manga is for you. I know they have up to volume 4 in English, but after that I am not sure.

[b]Boys Over Flowers[/b]: Another cute romance one, with it's own interesting twists. One of my favorite things about this manga is the different approach she takes to drawing boys. Sadly, I've only read volume one, so I can't really say either way whether this one is worth it or not, but the beginning is promisisng.

[b]Kill Me Kiss Me[/b]: The title attracted me to this manga. So far, I absolutely adore the characters, who have much more depth than your usual high school romance manga. (Especially the look-alike cousins.) It took me awhile to get used to non-Japanese names (I believe this manga has it origins in Korea or Taiwan or something.), but they're okay once you get into the story. Currently there are volumes 1 & 2 in English, and I am avidly awaiting 3.

As far as how I start reading a manga...I usually don't go for main-stream mangas like Kenshin or Inu-Yasha. If I happen to hear the name of something one too many times for me to ignore (like Marmalade Boy), I will try to investigate it, but usually the manga suggestions from a friend of mine named Luna.

-Karma[/color][/SIZE]

It was just my B-day recently and I was totally loaded with cash!$ [I]Was[/I] is the key word here (cuz now I'm broke!). Anyways I went to Barnes and Nobles bookstore and bought 6 manga, 5 of them I'm currently reading, the other one was a gift for my lil' cuz ^-^.

I hadn't really started reading any manga til...uhh...about a..month ago. Yes so that's worse than a year ago, I know! But I've been watching anime since I was 7! I started reading Chobits and Naruto and I've just finished the 3rd volume of both of them. Probably the most newest manga I'm reading are XXX HOLiC and Tsubasa (I'm only on Vol. 1 of both the 2nd Vol. doesn't come out til' August). I like them a lot so far. And what I find to be very interesting about them is that they intercept in both books. Like the two characters in Tsubasa, Sakura and Syoaran (also from Card Captor Sakura, but are two completely different people), make an appearance in XXX HOLiC and vice versa. So you get to see the same thing happen in both stories but at different perspectives. It's a really odd concept but I like it.^-^ So I definitely suggest reading Tsubasa and XXX HOLiC! ^-^
The manga I got for my cuz is Tokyo Mew Mew, since she's a huge kitty fan and all that.

Manga I'm Reading

Chobits
Naruto
XXX HOLiC
Tsubasa

Well, I took a trip to the Barnes and Noble yesterday for some fresh Manga and picked up:
Eeriee Queerie (vol.2)
Fruits basket (vol. 3)
DNAngel (vol.1)
Tsubasa (vol.1)

It's completely ridiculous at the fact that I can't bring myself to continue buying the FAKE series (I only own Volume 4) Because I read volume 7 in my school's library (don't ask me why it was there, I have no clue either).

But I did find DNAngel and Tsubasa a fresh change in my usual manga habits. DNAngel took some getting used to since I'm usualy reading up on the latest Shounen-ai manga. But there's a little to be found, not much though.

Tsubasa though I fell in love with! I love how CLAMP reinvented their characters for this book, and it was a lot of fun trying to place the characters to their respective titles (it was hard for me and I'm a CLAMP junkie). Can't wait for Volume two, CAN'T WAIT.

And as usual, I continued my Love affair with Fruits basket. I don't think I want to trust Shigure anymore hehe.

by:karmaofchaos
[QUOTE]Wish: Quite honestly, this manga was disappointing. While the artwork remained beautiful (as CLAMP has a reputation for), the plot line seemed like some one's rough draft or outline of a plot, rather than something finished and complete. The ending seemed rushed, and there were various 'plot holes' most of which were only half-resolved, or completely unresolved and left the reader quite confused.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there, I think the space in Kohaku's head equaly sized up to the plot holes in that story. And the way they led on to the "big surprise" left a lot of us dissapointed. Didn't stop me from buying the four volumes of it, oh well....

Right now I'm reading Naruto. I have the three first volumes(in french, mind you. I'm from Canada.)and I also have three Shonen jumps. I just looooooove Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh. And One Piece is soooo damn funny! :D :laugh: You know, they are some who don't like manga that were traducted in english, wait 'till you see those in french... In Naruto for example. They don't say Uchiha, they say Uchiwa! Oh and the first volume of Naruto was so funny! Like when Naruto gave a nosebleed to Iruka because of his sexy-no-justu(do you spell it like that?)

[QUOTE=Cyriel]Love manga!!

Series finished:
Wish
Chobits
Rayearth
Kodocha

Currently reading:
Demon Diary
Snow Drop
Confidential Confessions
X-Day
Suki
Petshop of Horrors
Kare Kano
Forbidden Dance
Alice the 19th

And I'm going through some others, and finished some too, but they're not coming to mind at the moment. Has anyone else seen Suki? It's a new series from CLAMP, and it's so cute. I mean that in a way that it really touches my heart.
As for Petshop of Horrors, it's surprisingly interesting...kinda creepy, but it's fun. I know it looks horribly corny, but it's actually pretty good, and very witty.
How do you people own all your own books??? Where do you get the money? I just have to go to Barnes & Noble and read them there.[/QUOTE]

My parents are divorced so they spoil my brother and me with tons of B-day and X-mas cash!$ ^-^ They're trying to win our hearts over to there side with materialistic things. That's a war they'll never win though.*pities them* -_- Ehh oh well! If it means I can by more manga it's ok with me!

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I have currently NOT bought any Manga *^^* Yay! My Manga-diet is working.

However, I am currently re-reading [B]Fake[/B]. Good stuff. I've got all 7 volumes and recently started out with volume 1. It's nice reading this series again: always good to see Dee and Ryo again *^^* [/COLOR]

Guest Takahashi Fan
Lately I have read Inuyasha, Mermaid Saga, Ranma 1/2, Rumic World Trilogy, Maison Ikkoku, RUROUNI kENSHIN, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Please save my Earth

:wigout: