OtakuBoards

Help, about forum layout

ChibiV

If this question already answered before, then I appologize for asking this same question again. How come on the left side fo te page, there's an estra window or lnk for geneal, asking question...etc, I want to know how can I get rid of it so I can see just the forums.

[quote name='Valen']Then since we cannot remove it, can we have a skin that is just like the older versions of vB? Those were so much easier to navigate and much less cluttered.[/quote]

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are willing to spend large amounts of time making a special skin [i]just for you[/i].

In that case it wouldn't even be a skin anyway.

[quote name='wrist cutter][QUOTE=Valen']Then since we cannot remove it, can we have a skin that is just like the older versions of vB? Those were so much easier to navigate and much less cluttered.[/quote]

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are willing to spend large amounts of time making a special skin just for you.

In that case it wouldn't even be a skin anyway.[/quote]

[color=gray]I really do not think hes the only one who rather has the old style over the new.

But well yeah, so I dont know if [i]someone[/i] saved the old style, so people would be able to use that one instead of the new one... I kind of said the same twice didnt I? O.o[/color]

All I can say is get used to it... not much else can be done lol.

The old skin was designed for vB 2. This is vB 3. They're not even compatible. Plus you're basically asking people here to totally rearrange the layout of a page. It's not as simple as just throwing a code in and you're all set. It's a lot of work. Nearly meaningless work, considering how trivial this is. It's not hard to figure out how to use this skin and having quick links to things on the side really doesn't hurt anything.

As I've said in the past, you should see the default skins for vB 3 now. They're not all that similiar to vB 2 or Version 6. They're very maze like and confusing. What James and Justin did with these layouts is far more intuitive and user friendly, honestly. I'm not really one to praise things in general, but they really have done a much better job than what would have resulted had they stuck with the default.