Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Sorry if this topic has already done. -_-;

I'm just wondering if any ones seen the anime AND has been reading the manga in Shounen Jump, if you have, whos your favorite character?

Mine's Yoh and Horo Horo. :D
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I've been reading the manga and will pick up the graphic novels soon. I'll try to watch the anime when it comes to Fox Kids this fall, but I hope it's not at the same time as Yu-Gi-Oh.

Personally, I like Amiardru (SP?), but not enough other characters have been introduced yet to pick favorites, IMO. Ren seemed like a good villain, and the fiance-girl looks very interesting.
Posted
What do you expect? The American producers have to edit out all the violence, bad language, and mature situations, because those type of things don't happen over here.:D

As for Shaman King, I've been reading the manga and have to admit its pretty good. I really like Amidamaru(sp?) and Ren's Chinese warlord guy.
Thats about it, I don't like Yoh at all. I think he's just some stuck up punk with an atitude, who can't do anything on his own.

But thats just my opinion:D
Posted
Fox Kids, not Kid's WB. Stupid difference, I know...

However, if it's on FoxKids, it might get more exposure and gain more popularity in the US. *Shrugs* You never know...
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Hey, i'm a fan of the Shaman King Manga. I'm scared and troubled though because there putting the TV show on Fox Box, and there going to edit out all the swearing and bloody awsomeness. What are your thoughts?

P.S.- Me and Akki are planning to make a Shaman King RPG. Look out for it on the Recruitment page.:D
Posted
Heh. I really enjoy the manga... I, too, am worried about Shaman King editing... I mean, if it's on Fox Box they're probably not gonna pump out the uncut DVDs either.. :(

However, it'll be fun to see how they cover stuff up..

Well, as long as we still have the manga, we shouldn't complain about the anime stinking.. Unless nobody here wants to read.
Posted
I know, it never had a chance to be awsome since its on Fox BOx. I wish it would be on toonami. If its on there it would have the uncut DVD's as did G Gundam, DBZ, and Outlaw Star.
Posted
I Love the Shaman King Manga...
Sorry to Say It will end up Spliced and Diced.. and whatnot...
Look what The Did To Escaflowne.. the First ep the USA saw.. Was Really The Second Ep... W/ parts of the First spliced in as Flash backs.....And what they Did to Sailor Moon....And Yu-Gi-oh...
Posted
Yes it is announced to release Sept 6 at 11:00 am on the Fox Box. I'm not all that disapointed because the Fox Box has started to show some anime. For example Ultimate Muscle and Kirby and others, I just don't watch it that much.
Posted
There abviously showing animes that pertaine to a younger aydience, and Shaman King is deffienetly not that. They probably just took a look at it and thought it looked like its for younger audiences. I really wish Toonami would buy it like they did to Kids WB with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh (i dont watch it though). It would be awsome on Toonami or Adult Swim, but adult swim is getting FLCL and Blue Gender soon.
Posted
I haven't been reading my Shonen Jump lately so I don't know what exactly is going to be edited, but this show is aimed for an older teen audience (From what I've heard) and the 4Kids dub alone is going to be edited to an extreme. The show wouldn't even been safe on Toonami, it'd still have to make the TV-Y7 rating.

-Cyber
Posted
they are gonna mess it up so bad it anit even funny. cn really should buy it then we wont have to worry bout them changing it so much. i swear why do people keep messin up all the good shows? i mean i was happy to see that they were putting it on tv but then i noticed i was watching fox. i feel sorry for creator of the magna to have it changed so much. but watching them cover it up will prob. be funny
Posted
NO I'm NOT SAYING THAT. I'm SAYING THAT IT WILL PROBABLY NOT HAVE ALL THE BLOODY, FOUL MOUTHED GOODNESS AS THE MANGA DOES BECAUSE THE SERIES WILL PROBABLY HAVE THE SAME THING AS THE MANGA, BUT IT WILL BE EDITED ON FOX BOX! And i didn't have it on caps lock either.
Posted
[quote][i]Cyber E. wrote:[/i]I haven't been reading my Shonen Jump lately so I don't know what exactly is going to be edited, but this show is aimed for an older teen audience (From what I've heard) and the 4Kids dub alone is going to be edited to an extreme. The show wouldn't even been safe on Toonami, it'd still have to make the TV-Y7 rating.[/quote]

Well, for the most part, it'll be blood and violence they'll cut out.. (Well, the Ren/Yoh fight is really the only bloody Shaman King scene we've seen yet in Shonen Jump) But, considering it's all about ghosts and how The Shaman King can talk to god, they'll probably take out some of the religious references to be inoffensive. (I'm guessing..) Oh, and Ren swears a little bit, but really minor stuff they'd probably let slide on Toonami...

Oh, and for the most part, all shonen manga is aimed more to the 12-16 demographic. Or around that...
Posted
I know i've missed every episode in SJ cept the first one, BUt Who In Their Right God Darned Minds Would WANT!! to cut Shaman King.If They're going to put it on something, LEAVE THE FRIGGIN VIOLENCE IN!!! That's what thew kids these days look for. What's tv without a few people dying, or some blood flying across the room? Aye..Aye??
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Youko Minamino [/i]
[B]Thats only the manga that contains that blood. Not in the anime. [/B][/QUOTE]

..Wait.. So you're saying that in the original, uncut version of Shaman King anime that there is no blood? Hm.. That's interesting..

But then do ya think that in Japan they had otaku complaining on message boards about how the animators "ruined" Shaman King by not putting in the blood? Heh.. Just a thought.
Posted
They are putting it on t.v.? Cool cool!!! I hope they don't edit all the good stuff out. I do read the manga, in Shonen Jump magazine though.
Posted
They are. Its going too be on FOX BOX and there going too tear it apart. It never even had a chance. Hopefully théy'll put it out on DVD uncut.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]They are. Its going too be on FOX BOX and there going too tear it apart. It never even had a chance. Hopefully théy'll put it out on DVD uncut. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hm.. Well, we'll see if FoxBox puts out the uncut DVDs.. They've never really had an anime that [i]needed[/i] much editing, right? Kirby.. That Foodon thing... I doubt Sonic needed much editing.

But, personally, I doubt it. FoxBox isn't really trying to get a wide array of demographics to watch their lineup.. They're mostly aiming for younger kids...

But we shall see.
Guest Tical
Posted
You can always buy the subtitled imports. their ultra cheap on discountanimedvd.com
  • 1 month later...
Guest WindScar
Posted
Hey just to let everyone know - The FoxBox is really trying hard to keep up, and they finally got a good one - tomorrow is the sneak peek of Shaman King. The series actualy starts three weeks from now - check your local listings for showtimes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...