OtakuBoards

Shaman King

Utena_Tenjou

Heh, yeah, Shaman King is coming to FoxBox...

However, [sarcasm] The Oh-so-wonderful-dubbing-company known as 4Kids [/sarcasm] definitely ruined the voices. Somewhere on [url]www.foxbox.tv[/url] they posted a small preview (I forgot the specific URL) and all of the voices were SO ruined.. Only reason I'm gonna watch it is to compare it to the manga and heckle it with things such as "THAT'S NOT WHAT HE SAID!!! HE DIDN'T SAY 'Darn that jerk'! HE SAID "D@mn that b******'!!!!"

Heh. ^_^' Plus they're probably not gonna put out DVDs with the uncut subtitles in them.. So we are doomed to dubs.. >_<

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sharpie
fox stopped showing quality cartoons about 5 years ago. They stopped showing quality shows around 3 years ago. I tend to steer clear of fox.

Guest WindScar
I do stand corrected the show does start next week, and, if it was posted before, I could not find it and am a newbie on this board system. I was just putting it out there as a visible thread to let anyone know if they wanted. ^_^ And yes OtakuSennen, you are correct their voice options for this series really sucked. CYA all

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Yeah, I saw a few minutes of it this morning. It wasn't done very well out of what I saw. I think I'm just gonna stick to reading the manga. I would much rather see an unedited version, because that would be at least a little alright.
No Shaman King anime for me thank you very much. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest WindScar
Overall the Sneak Peek was not done very well, I agree, however, it might get better. (hope hope) but probibly not :( Oh Well I think Ill stick to the manga too.

*gets his angry face mask out of the closet*

M-M-Morty...!??! Augh!! That is just plain wrong..! I mean, unless they change Tokyo to "Ghostington" or something weird like that (That seems to be a habit of 4Kids sometimes... Domino City in Yu-Gi-Oh!.. I'm pretty sure that it was originally Tokyo in the manga) it would only make sense for all the main characters characters to keep their Japanese (or Chinese) names.

Oi.. And they made Ren (or should I say Len?) and his sister (I forgot her name) have British accents.. Now isn't that sort of strange, considering that she has a very oriental dress on?..

m... I didn't like the name changes, or Yoh's voice, though they go Manta's almost perfectly. I didn't like the "I will be the the SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~I~I~IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Theme song... eee....

For the fox box, they did an okay job...

There's really no point in complaining about the voices and bad editing n' such. If u live in Canada or the state's, that's all u get (unless ur ordering the tapes and/or manga). Don't get urself down over something u can do nothing about. I'm just happy that I even get to see [i]this[/i] version. It's better than nothing after all.

I personally thought it was interesting. The dude with the weird hair do (forget his name. Tis' the guy that broke the grave stone) was.... odd o_O But even so I'm lookin' forward to seeing more of it in the futur ^^

• 6 months later...
This is a pretty good show and I was wondering if anyone besides me watches it? This show is about a boy named Yoh Asakura who is your every day local shaman. A shaman is a link between this world and the next or a person who has the ability to allow ghosts to posses them ad use their power. Later he gets into the shaman tournament which takes place every 500 years and the victor becomes shaman king which is the person who is allowed to save the world and also rule it. If anyone has seen or even heard of it let me know what you think of it me personally I like it.

Well when I first read Shonen Jump and saw this, I thought it was kinda so-so, but upon reading it further I warmed up to it vastly. The story and characters were good enough, but I could say it's also the style of drawing that kind drew me in as well. So all in all a good viewing, anime or mangawise.

Jim Hawkins, [i]please[/i] search the forum (or check our brand spanking new "Directory" sticky) before creating another series thread. Doing so takes about two seconds, and spares the mods a great deal of trouble.

Thanks in advance. ^_^

~Dagger~

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Philfoula
I have read the first nine mangas of the series. And I read three per week... and I am stil reading. Shaman King is a great manga with great characters. But my two favourite characters are: Jun and Faust.

Jun is just cool with her hair and chinese dress, and the doshi shaman style is quite unique.

Faust is just the best with his necromancer powers.

Guest Joey Killer
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah, actually, I love "Shaman King" I like the manga better than the TV series, though. My personal favorite character is...hmmmm tough one....uh....*ponders for hours* uh... I guess Tao Ren...he's sooo well, evil and well, Murderous....in a way ya gotta respect that....(after all, I'm Joey Killer, blood's kinda my theme....)

Yeah...Ren also has that mysterious evil kid thing about him,(Like me!!!!!)

-A murder (of Joey, Joey, and ONLY Joey)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 months later...
Guest Shaman-SkyLord
hey, ok, i stay in the united kingdom (uk) and since we don't get shonen jump here, all i can do is watch the anime, so i have absolutley no complaints basically because we don't get the manga, lol, but am seeing about trying to order shonen jump from america if possible, because it sounds really cool, ok thats what i had to say and well PEACE OUT
Kyo !

To be honest I actually like the anime. It's alot better than the manga I think. The only problem with the show is Yoh's voice everything else seems ok to me. I think you all are just dissapointed because you were hoping for a real good anime when you only got a good one.

I'm rather fond of the show, though I've never read the manga, so I can't compare between the two. I personally think they should've picked a different voice actor for Yoh and maybe Ryo too. Like someone said earlier (sorry I forgot who), you should be happy that you even get the show.

But here's some news you might find interesting. 4Kids is gonna release uncut versions of Shaman King this fall. The show's going to be re-dubbed following the original script, though they're gonna keep the dubbed names.

[quote name='digitalshadow']But here's some news you might find interesting. 4Kids is gonna release uncut versions of Shaman King this fall. The show's going to be re-dubbed following the original script, though they're gonna keep the dubbed names.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Yay. I'm glad to hear that! Anything is better than the 'kiddy'-fication of any show *^^*

I admit that I wasn't really interested in [B]Shaman King[/B], at first. I then decided to give it a try and got immediately sucked in. Needless to say, I enjoy this show very much. I'm quite excited for the new episodes that are coming this Fall *^^*[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I started to watch Shaman King on the fox box and I liked it alot.But, then I started to read the manga and I like that better than the show.I didn't know they cut out the best part on T.V.Well I guess they would have to so the little kids could watch.I would have to say that I like Yoh Asakura the best and of course Amidamaru.Right now I'm reading Shaman King:Reincarnation40:Spill your guts. Its getting really good,I guess I'll stick with the manga on Shaman king it seems to be alittle more better than the show itself.