OtakuBoards

Spirit Investigators Club

bogger3k

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Laying accross a pile of bloodied books was Hunter's body. He was barly awake and could barely breathe. He felt cuts, wounds, and bruises all over his body. He had been beaten that night by a strange little boy. The glow of his body told Hunter he was a ghost. but Hunter didn't realize it at first. All he saw was the boy's eyes. Something about them sent him into a dreamlike state. Then it let go a smile and he could feel burning. His shirt caught on fire. Hunter tore it off, but couldn't scream. Afraid that they were once again after Kris he used the best spell he knew but then small blades came out of nowhere. They began to cut him. Then he saw a woman eligant, but again a ghost. AFter the torture his palm was sliced and the ghosts forced him to write on the wall. [I]We've taken him![/I]

Now he was dying in the one place he never wished to be without the rest of those books. He didn't want the others to come for him either. Even if they found out where he was. Above him the ghosts gathered. Six in all. A man with an axe. The woman with blades. The child of ice. The boy of flame. Then there were still two more yet to be named. Their powers against people have yet to be shown. They were speaking amongst themselves softly. Hunter wasn't evev sure it was English.

Chains wrapped around his arms and legs and he was lifted into the center of the room. The chains pulled at all four of his limbs. He wanted them to just fall off, but wouldn't. This was terrible torture. Then he noticed the little girl leaving. He wasn't sure where she was going, but he was sure that it wasn't good.

The flame boy then came up to Hunter. He held up one finger a small fire at the end of it. He stuck it against Hunter burning him. He screamed, but not to be heard.[/COLOR]

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They stood several yards away from the library entrance, each one of the group tense with a mix of fear and excitement. Foot by foot, the three neared the door. They could see some kind of suppressed glow underneath the door, as if someone had lit a fireplace already filled with ashes.

Being the closest to the door, Clesia shoved it open slowly, peeking inside. She gasped and pulled back. Maria and Rodney didn't need words to tell that Hunter was in there... probably in a very bad state.

Rodney put up three fingers, taking the mdown one by one, mouthing [I]three... two... one[/I]. On one, all three burst through the door. It was a gruesome sight. Hunter could be seen near the center of the library, a small circle of faded figures around him.

Immediatly, the ghosts looked in the direction of the intruders. Two of the spirits started towards them, a woman and a man with a large axe.

Something told Rodney to defend himself, even thoug hhe didn't know how. He stuck out his hand, and the book Clesia had found began to glow slightly, lifting a few inches away from her hand.

The two spirits were now only a few feet away, and from nowhere, flames burst out, causing the ghosts to reel in shock and float back a several paces. Rodney looked at his hand, even more surprised than the ghosts. Was this the power of the spells?

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Hunter saw that the boy that was burning some sort of symbol into his chest had turned in horror when Rodney, Clesia, and Maria came in holding up a newly found book. The ghosts once again gathered and spoke to each other not able to be heard by anyone else. They then looked at Hunter with an extreme furry. A look that said [I]we will get you yet[/I]. Then they dissappeared.

Hunter was lowered to the ground from the chains and into Clesia's arms. "Thank god your not dead." She said. Even Rodney looked concerned for Hunter.

"You look terrible." Maria said. "What have they been doing to you and why weren't you in the Art room?"

"I was." Hunter replied exausted. "They just moved me not to long ago. We must move."

"Not in your condition man." Rodney said. "You have to get to the hospital just like you did for Joey."

"I refuse to go until I'm sure that Trea is okay." Hunter said reluctantly. He began to walk on his own. An aura pushed them away from him making him untouchable. He moved out of the library and towards the feeling that he got. One that told him where everyone else is.

He made it there. The little girl, who was nearly getting the others with strikes of ice, saw that Hunter was there and ran as if it was her life. Assuming that she was still alive. Hunter was glad to see none of them had been seriously hurt since they took him. "Hi Joey." He said weakly. "Looking as beautiful as ever." She gave him a thankful smile and hugged his energy drained body. When she let go of him he saw Kris unconsious. She had been laid on the ground.

He fell to his knees and crawled over to her and looked at her. He was nearly ready to pass out. "Like an angel." He said softly. Then her eyes opened slightly to the familiar gaze of his face.

She was almost shocked into conciousness when she saw. Her first instincts kicked in and her arms went around his neck and chest. He fell closer to her body. "Hunter." She cried. "I was afraid you were dead."

"I feared the same thing." He passed out.[/COLOR]

Kris held Hunter to her, and cried. Tears poured down her pale face, and her grip never relaxed. She held him, and thanked the gods. ?Hunter. Oh, Hunter!? [I]Your alright, oh, I was afraid?[/I]

Kris halfway passed out again, but her firm grip on hunters body never relaxed. In her half-state, she felt Rodney pry her arms from around Hunter, and Paul lifted her. Her mind was foggy, and she couldn?t think, except about Hunter ? [I]He?s alright, he?ll be okay, I had almost lost him.[/I]

Somewhere faint, she knew she was being taken to the hospital, along with Hunter. [I]Hunter?[/I]

The rest watched as Hunter took the unconcious Kris up to the desk at the hospital. A worried look crossed all of their faces, but none more so than Hunter. The lady at the desk looked up and gasped, hurrying to call a cart down for the unconcious girl.

Rodney thought it was actualy rather romantic, seeing them like that... even if Kris was unconcious. Lost in thought, he leaned over to Clesia, who was standing next to him, and rested his head on her shoulder.

A little surprised, she looked over to him, seeing a distant look on his face. In his head, Rodney was thinking about all the past years. He had been the class clown, and all around crazy person for almost his entire school life... but had never gotten a chance in between the insanity to be romantic... now something in his soul longed for that.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I]Damn[/I] Hunter thought as he sat in his hospital bed. He promised himself that he wouold never get cought in this situation again. Not ever since Madison. He always thought that Madison was the one for him, but how wrong he was. She was the reason for his interest in ghosts.

Hunter wasn't ready though. He couldn't be. He couldn't have the same feelings for two different girls and call it love. He was a romantic at heart and loved to flirt with the girls, but he may have already gone to far.

He scratched at the bandages on his chest that covered the burns and medicated them. "If you do that they won't heal properly." Joey said as she came into the room. She gently shut the door behind her. "I wanted to make sure that no ghosts found their way here."

"No, I'm alright." Hunter said. "Thank you for helping Kris. I heard about it from Paul."

"It was no proplem." She replied. The mood was more dark and depressing suddenly.

"Are you sorry that you killed those people?" He asked her.

Joey was shocked by this question. She remembered talking about it before though. It was when they first met in the library. "Of coarse I am sorry." She replied.

"I know that you didn't do it of your own free will." Hunter said. "But for some reason I don't regret that you killed those people. I feel that if you did we never would have met. I've have something to share with you. Like you have I also have to reveal something about my past."

"What is it?" She asked.

"It is about the rumors about me." He said. "About the girl who hurt me. They are only partially true. You see I've only been serious with one girl in my life and her name was Madison Beakly. She was different though. One day after a date I left her house and then remebered that I forgot the keys to my car. I went back and when I did I saw something come out of her. It was a ghost. One that fed on emotions and souls. She had eaten the soul of my beloved Madison. I was furious and went after the ghost, but she used Madison's body as a sheild. Even though her soul was no longer in it her body still lived. I stabbed her and the body died, but I held the ghost inside as well. It went with her. I never thought that I could love again."

"Why are you telling me this?" Joey asked.

"Because I need to tell someone and you seem to be the best choice." He said. "There is something alse as well, but I was always told that actions speak louder than words." He kissed her.[/COLOR]

OCC: Don't hate me for this.

[COLOR=Navy]OOC:
[quote name='bogger3k']OCC: Don't hate me for this.[/quote]
I don't.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]

Joey?s face turned red as he moved back to where he was before. ?What? Well, I knew he was a flirt? but? So confused?? She got up, ?Um? Hunter, I think I should go and get the books I put on hold in the library, they might help.? She pulled out a few scrolls and muttered ?and I?ll set these ?Spirit Wards? so the ghosts can get very close.? She turned and walked out, hearing and felling Hunter?s astonishment behind her.

Only one thing he said actually escaped his lips that were loud enough to hear, ?I?m sorry.? As she got outside and started walking to the library the guilt of leaving him there made the fact that he kissed her seem only more real.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]OOC: Sorry for not posting in a while, I had to go to three Seders, and help my mom fix ours. And sorry for the short-ness, I?m going to a Seder tonight too.[/COLOR]

OOC: seder...?

IC: Rodney burst into the room a little while later, thuroughly startling (not to mention annoying) Hunter. "How ya feelin?"

Regaining reason, he replied, "Better than I was..." Rodney sat down in a chair near the bed.

"Not too chatty aye?" Hunter didn't reply that time, "Well I've got good news. Kris is fine, she's already up and around. The only reason she's not here with you is because the nurses won't let her out with knowing why she passed out. Heh, think they'll believe it?"

Hunter just stared at the cieling, obviously lost in thought. Rodney put his face right up to Hunter's, "Knock knock." Hunter snapped into the current again and looked at Rodney strangely. "Hey Rod... back at the school... that spell... how...?"

"Hey man, don't look at me, it just happened!" Hunter was referring to the flames that had somehow coem forth from Rodney's hands. Seeing Hunter drift into thought again, Rodney descided it would be best to leave him be.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Hunter was alone again and now counting one each hand how many times he had kissed both of them. Equal. It was odd how Joey reacted though. It was as if she was a bit angry with him. He had managed to apologize to her, but he wasn't even sure about how she felt. He felt confused his mind flooded with thoughts. Some of Joey. Some of Kris. Then there were those about the ghosts and what Rodney had done.

Rodney had used fire to send the ghosts fleeing, but he didn't know how he did it. That was interesting. Then he remembered what he did the night he was taken. The order. It would be here by Tuesday. He had to tell someone. He planned to do so and at the same time set his romances aside until he would have more time to think and reconsider what he had told Joey about his past. First though he must go see Kris. It's not that he didn't trust what Rodney said it's just that he had to make sure for himself. After grabing one of Joey's wards he left towards Kris's room.[/COLOR]

Paul sat in the chair of the waitting room in the hospital. He was pretty exchuasted. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back and replayed everyhting in his head. From the point in the library to the point leaving Hunters hospital room. It just seemed so weird to him.

[I]If were gonna continue to put up with this war with the spirits we need some fire power of our own. But what? Gun and weapons wouldn't work against something like that.[/I]

Paul continued to think to himself when a nurse walked to him.

"Oh, your bandage sir, on your elbow, do you need a new one?" She asked him. He looked down at the bandage on his elbow and sighed. It was soaking in blood over time. He nodded to her and she walked away to get him a bandage. When she came back Paul had already unwrapped the old one. It seemed to have stop bleeding. He took the new bandage form the nurse and wrapped it around his arm.

Paul then thought about the girl he encountered twice now.

[I]Everything....Just so weird now and days.[/I]

Trea was now aloud up and around, but she wasn?t aloud out of the room. Docters kept coming in to look at her, and she was starting to have a temper. She was tired, and worried sick about Hunter, and these people wouldn?t leave her alone! The next time someone knocked, she snapped, ?Gods, can?t I get any sleep?? She heard, ?Oh! Sorry, Trea.? Trea was shocked. ?Hunter? Oh! Its you! I thought? you can come in.? She blushed, and sat down on the bed as Hunter came in.

He sta next to her. ?Are you okay?? Trea nodded. ?Yes. I am. But the stupid docters won?t let me sleep, they are always popping in every five seconds.? Hunter hugged her, and kissed the top of her head. ?I?m sorry.? Trea blushed, and asked, a little to quickly, ?How?s Joey? And Paul? Are they okay? And Rodney??

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]"They are all doing fine." Hunter told her. "Joey and Rodney have already checked up on me, but I came in here to see you." She looked away a bit and blushed. "I found the rest of them you know."

"What are you talking about?" Kris asked.

"I found the remaining books." Hunter replied. "They should be arriving at my home on Tuesday. It was a source that Rodney found. They had them. It made a dent in my wallet, but it'll be fine."

"Does that mean we can finally fight back against these ghosts and stop getting hurt so badly?" Kris asked looking at the bandage that covered the burns from the little boy. They still hurt him.

"Hopefully." Hunter said. "If I'm correct then we should be able to beat those punk ghosts hangin'round our turf." This made Kris laugh. "It's good to see you laugh. You're so pretty when you laugh." He kissed her, longer then he had planned. Then he went towards the door. "That was the last time." He said to her just before leaving. He knew he was betraying his own heart, but it was the last time with Joey earlier. Now he went to go join Rodney and the others.[/COLOR]

OOC: Unfortunatly the player that was playing Maria will no longer be able to post. This is alright and it won't change te flow of this thread for we shall carry the weight of this character together.

Paul continued leaning his head back and then looked up at the ceiling. He started to feel his neck getting hurt so he looked across the room. Mari was sitting there by her self. He stood up and walked over to her and sat down across from her.

"Hey, you look tired," Paul said to her.

"Bleh, sleep, yea I soppose so," She said giving a little yawn.

"Lemme go check on Hunter again and I'll tell him im driving you home," Paul told her. She nodded. She wanted to go home and go onto her computer and also wanted to go to sleep at the same time. She wanted to go look up anythign she could find about the ghost they had encountered. Paul stood up and walked away. He walked down the hall look straight ahead so his eyes wouldnt wonder into someone elses room and seem rude.

He walked over to Hunters room and knocked on the door. He didnt hear anyone answer so he just decided that he msut of been sleeping. He shrugged and figured he woudlnt midn anyways he coudl call a team meeting the next day. Paul walked down the hall again headed towards the waitting room.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Hunter made sure that everyone left safly that night. He was told that Kris could leave the next day and he would probably have to wait a few days so they can observe his condition. Some of the nurses were a bit angry with him and told him that a handsom guy like himself had to take better care of himself. That night, before resting, he called everyone and said that they needed to meet him tomarrow in his room. Then he slept holding Joey's ward closley to his chest.

The next day Rodney was the first to show up. Oddly though he had a bruise on his forehead. The others slowly followed behind him. Kris seemed completely revived, but she and Joey were both acting like what had happened between them the day before never happened. He supposed it was for the best.

"We shall tap into the true powers of these books." Hunter said. "Only a few more days and the others shall arrive."[/COLOR]

Rodney gulped. "True power?" He glanced around the room. "It may have gotten rid of a few spiritts, but I gotta admit, that flame thing freaked me out man."

Hunter looked him in the eye. "You want to get rid of these spirits don't you? They've nearly killed now..."

"Yeah, yeah... sorry." Rodney crossed his arms.

"Rod... how did you get that bruise?" Hunter asked, motioning towards his forehead.

Rodney glanced up, as if he could see his forehead anyway, and said, "Oh, that. It's nothin'... just uhh..."

"Rod." Hunter said more sternly.

"Alright, alright. Some spirit came after me... it turned back after a while, but not before it nicked me the head with a tree limb. I'm tellin' ya, this is getting out of hand."

"That's what I just convinced you of." Hunter turned to the rest. "Has anyone else had any hint of some kind of spell?" The group all shook their heads with a few "nope"s. Hunter sighed. "This may take longer than I thought..."

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]"I found the other books we need, but thats not the only thing that I have to tell you." Hunter said slowly.

"What else is there?" Paul yawned. It was apparent that he had either just gotten up or he barly slept the night before. Both of these are possible and understandible from Hunter's point of view.

"It's about the ritual that must be preformed in order for us to gain the powers to fight the spirits." Hunter said reluctantly he really didn't want to tell them any of this.

"Spit it out man." Rodney said impatiently.

"I was reading through the other book and it explains the things that we must follow exactly to do this right." Hunter could feel a heavy lump form in the back of his throat. he swallowed this back and continuied. "First of all this must be preformed at night. Ths second is that it must be in the presence or extremely close to a spirit. The last one is the kicker though. This alos must be done by a virgin girl." The lump came back up and nearly choked him from saying it. "Now I don't want anyone of you four to volenteer for this right away. You must understand that if you are not able to preform it perfectly you will probably die." Sadness was in his voice when he said this. He knew one way or another that either Joey or Kris would be the one to try to do this. The two girls he was more than sure he loved, but it must be done. No matter how musch he hates it.[/COLOR]

Kris blinked at Hunter. She swallowed. She and Joey exchanged looks. Kris pleaded with her eyes - not to do it for ehr, but to let hr do it. She thought, heck, after all I've been through, whats deing compared? She said, her voice steady and calm(unlike how she felt)," Hunter, I will do it."

Kris suddenly felt stronger, steadier. She felt calm, and like she could do it. She would, too. A look passed thorugh Hunters eyes, but was gone before Kris could recognize what it was. Hunter said, slowly," Kris... are you sure?" She nodded. "I know I have to, Hunter. I..." She almost started to cry, and paused, blinking back tears. She swallowed, and calmed down.

"I don't want you to lose Joey." SHe ment it. She cared for both of them, and knew that if Joey died, Hunter would become devistated. WHat she didn't know is that if she died, the same thing would happen. SHe had whispered the sentance, making eye contact with Hunter.

"I won't let you lose her." Her look said more, something like 'And I will do it right. I will come back.' Then she said, standing, "Tell me what to do."

Rodney nearly choked as this sunk in, "WOAH! Wait a minute, what exactly is this? I mean, what's... I mean, what does she have to do?" It's not that Rodney was sensitive to things liek this, but the thought of some kind of ritual involving a virgin was a little disturbing.

"Rod, calm d-" Hunter tried to get Rodney to stop pacing and sit down. Rodney, however, kept on talking, most of it incomprehensible. Though it didn't show, the past events had put him through a lot of stress, and he was still a little freaked out.

His usualy careless manner was replaced by frantic pacing and mumbling.

"Rod, will you shut up and sit down?!" Hunter nearly yelled. Rodney froze in mid sentence and looked a little confused.

He sat down on the window sil "Umm... continue."

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Hunter sighed a little. "I don't know exactly what she has to do." Hunter said. "That's the reason that we need the rest of the books." He was still devistated over the thought that he could lose one of him and now it's been narrowed down to just Kris. This tore at his heat, but these were the feelings that he had to set aside. He supposed the main shock came with that Kris volenteered to do this so that Hunter would be happy and so that he wouldn't lose Joey.

"Then shall we postpone any activities involving ghosts until we recieve these books?" Maria asked.

"Yes we shall." Hunter answered. "Could someone pick up the books at my home Wensday? The way things look I won't be able to get them from the hospital room."

"I'll get them." Joey said. She then hugged Hunter tightly causing the wounds on his chest to sting a bit. Then she left.

Everyone as gone except Kris. "You didn't have to do that ya know." Hunter said weakly unable to show his true emotions in his speach.

"Yes I did." Kris replied and left as if saying goodbye forever. Not even a goodbye.

"I'm sorry that I love you." He apologized to the empty room feeling guilty for what Kris was now about to do. He wouldn't see them again until Wensday.

Wensday afternoon Joey stood outside of Hunter's house. For some reason just looking at it gave her chills. She peered in through one of the windows and saw the message that Hunter was forced to write in his own blood to give to Kris. She shivered and ignored this. She went to the mailbow and opend it. Inside was a package that looked big enough to fit the missing books into it. She grabbed it and hoped into Paul's car. He began to drive her to the hospital where they will meet the others who are waiting for them.[/COLOR]

Kris stood outside the hospital, hugging herself. She looked up at the sky- clear, blue, and without a trace of the inevitable evil that lurked. SHe closed ehr eyes, and swallowed. The nurses had let her out of the room, but never beyond the garden. SHe started back towards her room, passing people in the halls. She payed attention to no one, her eyes empty.

Kris bit her lip in frustration. She would wait until everyone was there to go in. She took her time, and when she got there, Joey and Paul were there, talking with Hunter. Kris knocked, then went in, her face blank. She sat in a chair, looking at her hands which where in her lap. SHe fiddled with her skirt, her eyes studying the weave. Her legs were crossed, and she was silent.

The girl had to constantley brush the now-short hair from her eyes, behind her ears. She ad left it out of its normal braid, and it had two braids, behind each ear, and two braids that came from just above her ears and were tied together behind her head. It only fell to just past her shoulders.

Kris' mind was blank, and,a s the otehrs arrived, she gave everyone a secluded smile.

For some reason, Rodney was late... very late. "I'm gonna go see what's up with him..." Paul said, walking hesitantly out of the room. Paul drove past Rodney's house, didn't find him and kept going.

Paul looked through the window of a random arcade, and there he was... but Rodney was different. Paul walked in and got right in Rodney's face, who had a nearly blank expression and was messign pointlessly with a pinball machine. "Rod, what the hell are you doing?!"

His eyes kept staring straight ahead, but he answered, "I'm sick of it Paul... this whole damn thing..."

"What?!" Paul slamned down on the machine. "What do you mean sick of it?!"

"It's too much man... I can't take the pressure any more. This started out boring enough, right? It's gotten out of hand... first the attacks, then people getting captured, passing out, and flames, FLAMES PAUL, shooting from my hand... I can't stand it!" Rodney nearly slammed the pinball machine, and the ball went flying to the top.

"Get a hold of yourself Rod!" Paul forced him away from the machine and gripped him by the shoulders. "WE've come this far, don't blow it!"

Rodney's eyes drifted a little... maybe the pressure [i]was[/i] driving him mad. "Ohhh... Damnit , Paul!" Rodney jerked out of Paul's arms and stood there, looking pissed. "I'll go... just... lemme think...." Rodney sat down and Paul, looking a little worried, walekd outside and waited.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Hunter wasn't sure if Paul or Rodney were going to be coming back. He couldn't wait though. The most important parts of the awakening ritual concern mostly the person who is at the most risk. That would be Kris, and whatever was wrong with Kris was more than apparent. Her eyes were the most disturbing part of her. The dead emotionless stare in her eyes struck Hunter deeply.It was as if her stole had ben taken like Madisons had. She had completly lost the characteristics that made her attractive when Hunter first saw her and met her, but he didn't need that anymore. He loved her already. Then he realized that what she was doing reminded him of a story he read about two people madly in love named Tora and Ikajuki. Tora risked her life foe Ikajuki's well being and happyness, but she ended up dieing.

Hunter went over to Kris and put his hand aroound her waist, but he got no reaction from her. She didn't even notice him. This really worried him. "Kris are you feeling well?" He asked trying to get some sort of response from her.

"I'm fine." She replied without even blinking or showing any other type of reaction. Her mind was somewhere else. This again worried him.

"I really need you to have full clairity Kris." He said. "You seem to be very distant and right now it's begining to worry me. Your well being is all I'm concerned with right now and if somthing is wrong then tell me. I will listen. That's why I'm your friend." Only a [I]friend[/I]. She already believed that he and Joey were potentially soul mates so he supposed just calling her a friend wouldn't hurt her, but it hurt him. He swore though not to continue with his romantic endevors until after this is over. It was killing him. If he had not made the promise he would be hugging and kissing her right now if it would help.

"I will be alright." She sounded almost annoyed by his attempts to comfrot her again like he had before.

Rodney and Paul both came in finally. "It took you a while." Hunter said.

"Rodney can be very difficult sometimes." Paul said back to him. They both sat down ready for the meeting to begin.

Hunter removed his arm for Kris and got up. He went over and sat down next to Joey and picked up the books again. "Each one of these books has a small part about the ritual in it. Besides what I have told you already this is what is left. When it comes time for the ritual to begin the other choosen shall group around that who shall draw the powers. The drawer will bless each with a kiss and the ghost shall be sacrificed to create a door to the other world. The other world she shall be given the burden of carrying the powers back to her world and she will give them to the other choosen. The transaction and recieving of the powers are the parts in which you are most likly to die. If your mind isn't clear, your body not pure, or your heart not strong enough death is for certain. That is it."

"Harder then it sounds I assume." Maria said.

"Yes." Hunter said. "Much harder then it sounds. "You must be one strong person to be able to do this. Kris if you want to back out now is probably your last chance."

"I told you already that I must do it." Kris said. "I wont let Joey do it so it must be me."

Hunter felt something squeeze around his hand. He looked and saw that Joey had tightly clenched her fingers around his. He returned the grip. He could tell that even Joey was now extremly worried and needed comforting as well. He was sure that his grip was enough to provide it.[/COLOR]

OOC: ::dies:: THat was so funny, Bry!

IC: kris looked up, the vacant look still in her eyes. A spark flared in her, and she smiled. Hunter had a brief look of relief in his eyes, and said, "Are you sure?" Kris laughed. "Of course I'm sure. I knowI have you guys to back me up." SHe locked eyes with everyone in the room.

Kris felt some power coursing thorugh her body. "So, when do you want to do this?" Hunter bit his lip, eyebrows scrunched together in thought. "well..." Kris offered some information. "Well, its close to Halloween, right?" Hunter nodded, not seeing where she was going. Kris kept going. "Witches call the holiday Samhain((pronounced Sowen)), and it is said that the barriers between the physical world and the spiritual world are lowest on that night."

"SInce its only two nights away, we could do it then. It would be easier for me to make the transaction that way, and I don't think we would need to lower a gate." Hunter looked at her, eyes wide. "How did you...?" Kris shrugged nonchalently(sp?). "My aunt is a witch. She worships the dead on Samhain, and sometimes they talk to her. I've seen enough spirit traveling to know how to do it. As long as I have everyones support behind me, it should be easy."

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Joey got up and moved to Kris, ?Kris, I?m sorry, but you can?t do it, no offence, but you seem slightly weak, you can have Hunter, I just don?t want to see you get hurt, I can take much more then most.? Joey?s voice quivered, she did like Hunter very much, but to see Kris so? she paused when Kris?s still slightly frightening look gazed upon her, ?And, you may not have noticed, but the ghosts attack you more, meaning you have a thinner wall between the spirits-? Hunter was astonished.

?Which mean it?ll be easier for me to do it.? Kris said.

Joey sighed, ?No, it means that before you finish the ritual, the ghost could pull your soul right out, or push it around, either way the ritual won?t be finished, and well, you?ll die. I can?t let Hunter go through that trauma.? She picked up Hunter and Kris?s hands, ?I know what you two are thinking.? She dropped their hands and walked out, pausing at the door and whispering, ?Hunter, Kris, trust me? please, I'm not an idiot.? At that she left, holding back a few tears.[/COLOR]

OCC: Thanks Skye. I've always been told that I'm a really fun guy.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Everyone just stood around feeling the pressure of the uncomfortable silence. Hunter thought that if this was a movie this would be a good time for one of those slow depressing songs to start playing.

Rodney just looked around hoping someone else would say what was on his mind, but it appeared that no one was. "So who's going to do it?" He finally asked.

"That would be something for Kris and Joey to work out." Hunter said. "Otherwise we are without a maiden of the ritual." Hunter thought for a moment and then grabbed Kris by the hand and dragged her out the door.

"Where are you going?" Clesia asked.

"To put a rest to this issue." Hunter said as he tried to catch up with Joey.[/COLOR]