OtakuBoards

Spirit Investigators Club

bogger3k

Kris rubbed her temples. "Rod, get over here." Rod giggled madly, and skipped over like a child. She patted the bed, and he sat, still giggling.

Hunter looked at her wierd. Kris leaned over to Rod, then kissed him. The whole room went into shock. Kris pulled back, looking at Rod sternly - he was staring at her, mouth agape. Then she slapped him.

Kris winced as her bruned hand hit Rodney's cheek. Then she smiled. Rod caught the smile, and laughed. "I've been stupid, haven't I?" Kris nodded. She turned to Hunter. "Come." She patted the bed next to her and Rod.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Hunter wasn't sure what to do when she patted right next to her for Rodney to sit down. He didn't understand what was going on. She then kissed him and then slapped him. If that wasn't strange enough then she called for him to come sit as well by patting next to her.

Over the speakers Return to Innocence by Enigma began to play.

Hunter wasn't sure what to do. Then he felt the gentle but noticalble push on his back from his grandfather. He didn't realize it, but he returned part of his soul into his body. Hunter played along dispite the fact that he didn't want to be slapped as well. He sat down.

"What's going on with you?" He asked.[/COLOR]

Kris smiled. "Hunter, physical shock was the only thing that would help him." She turned to Rodney. "Right?" Rod laughed nervously. "Sorry."

Kris turned to Hunter, but winced. "Whats gotten into me? I donno. Let me tell you how my life went-" She lapsed into a story.

"I can't remember much of my childhood - I have selective memory, and now I don't know what happened. I'm guessing it was rough.

As a teenager, I met Sandy in fifth grade. I was in cheerleading, and was a bubbly person. Sandy and I started going out.

He got his drivers license a year before me, and he and his friends were out having fun. I called him the next morning to find out he and his friends, along with my brother and one of my buds, had been in a crash. His mom told me they had all died." She paused, eyes hazy.

"I went into a fit. Maria, my blood sister, had spent the night. She saw me go for the knife, and stopped me before I could - loose to much blood." Kris looked down at her wrists. Faint, moonshaped scars showed in her wrists. "I was sent to the hospital. Maria came to check on me, and I sent a mental backlash at her - I killed her."

Kris clutched her hand, teras stinging her eyes. "I killed her. I lost my brother, my boyfriend, two of my friends... I was ready to die. And so I became a bookworm."

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Rodney got only bits and pieces of Kris's story, he was looking at the ground, his feet more precisely. Kris was right, he had needed the jolt, but before the slap... she had... kissed him? Was that part of the whole physicle jolt thing?

He had never really been kissed by a girl before. A thought struck him... maybe, she was trying to show him? What it felt like? He must have been going on and on about Hunter and the rest of them... he couldn't remember exactly. Though he did seem to remember calling Hunter a bastard.

Rodney got worried suddenly... how much had he said? How much of himself had he revealed to them? He knew he had talked about what Hunter and Kris must feel... or something along those lines. But had he talked about his own desire? Something made him wonder. What if he had? What would they be thinking now?

His thoughts were just a string of questions. It would seem the kiss had enduced more thought than the slap. Something in it... it was like a demonstration.

Rodney found himself crying silently, unnoticed, though not from Kris's life-story.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Absolutly everyone he knew seemed to be screwed up in some way or another and he couldn't help but wonder if he was partially responsible. Once again that feeling of everyone being better off without him returned. His mind once again turned to the idea of suicide. He bannished it though. Kris had lost enough people in her life already.

Hunter brought his arm up and around her shoulder and he pulled her into him letting he crying eyes dry themselves on his shoulder. He took his other hand and placed it around her waist.

Rodney got up and left, obviously he wasn't needed for this. He didn't leave before taking one glance back and saw those eyes the old voice talked about.

Hunter felt her shudder and weep even harder. He had to stop her. He couldn't take this. Tears of his own where going down his cheeks. He brought her up and looked at her staind cheeks. He then enveloped her in the most passonet kiss he had ever given.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepPink]Joey ran from the hospital, all the way she cried. ?I can?t love, what a curse?? Joey?s mind rushed, into a dark whirling torrent, and then flinging into confusion, then anger and back. She collapsed after running all the way across town, to the graveyard. In the evening light, something felt odd. The tombstones glowed with and unearthly tinge of gold, and the sky seemed to darken quicker then ever. She called the first name that came to her mind. ?HUNTER! HELP!? in a moment she was down on the grass clutching her head, trying to focus. ?help me??? she collapsed and fell into a sleep.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]He did it but it just didn't feel right. Then he felt a jolt. Someone calling for him. He lifted himself from Kris and backed off. "I'm sorry." He said to her. "I already let this go too far." He left Kris in a state of both shock and of bliss.

Hunter stumbled through the halls then colllapsed. "You did that on purpose." Hunter acussed his grandfather's soul. "You put it back into me."

"I had to." His grandfather said. "It was for more than one reason. To make Kris feel better was just part of the reason. The other was to help you to remember what happened."

"Joey." Hunter spoke.

"That's right." His grandfather said, "So do you remember what Madison told you."

"Yes now remove this from me again. I don't need it screwing with me."

Fine, but you have to save Joey either way. She needs you and without a soul to love or soul to love her she won't be able to regain that love that she lost when she captured Wind."

"Where you going through God's files too?"

"Y-yes. Please don't tell?"

"I won't after you remove my soul again." His grandfather did as he was asked. "Now to do what I have to do." He stood up in his emotionless state and moved to go find Joey. He had to be fast. She seemed to really need him. "The spirits are crossing over. It's Halloween afterall."[/COLOR]

Kris gasped as Hunter left. Her chest hurt feircly, and she got up, stumbling out of the room. Rod saw her, and helped her before she collapsed. She winced. "Rod- we have to get to Hunter and Joey. Its Samhain. The spirits are crossing over." She had a sharp intake of breath as her chest seemed to tighten.

Rod nodded, and they made their way out of the hospital. They made it to Joey, and Kris' eyes were already blurred by tears. "Joey..." She colapssed onto her knees in the dead grass next to Joey. She held the girls body carefully to hers, and shuddered.

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Rodney could only stand there. Nothing ever went right anymore, especialy with him around. He turned to see Hunter there also. The rising spirits meddled in his head, saying, "[i]Yes, everything is his fault...[/i]" it worked only for a moment.

'[i]Stop! Get out of my head![/i]' Rodney nearly yelled mentally. It must have been forceful enough to scare the feeble spirits away. But more, some possibly much stronger spirits were still coming as children ran across streets, house to house not far away.

He could see the two girls, collapsed there in the grass. Memories flashed through his head, one after another. Meeting them all, the first hosptal visit... everything up until when Kris had kissed him and jolted him from his near-insanity.

The irony of it all, though it wasn't obvious irony, seeped into his head. It was hilarious... this whole thing... and all Rodney could do was stand there and... laugh. He laughed like he hadn't in probably years. Laughed as even tears streamed down his face at the chaos. Everythign was deteriorating... nothing would make all of this better, except perhaps their deaths.

He somehow convinced himself he would die here, his mind clouded with a combination of the spirits and self-doubt. So how laughed feebly and cried his eyes out for everything he would never do or feel... like love.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I]She doesn't need me.[/I] Hunter figured as he witnessd that Kris was there helping Joey as well. Rodney was there, but he seemed to be losing it again. [I]Neither of them need me anymore.[/I] Hunter turned to leave to find his grandfather in his face.

"Where are you going?" His grandfather asked.

"I'm leaving now." Hunter replied. "All is well here."

"Joey called for you specifically." His grandfather scolded. "Are you going to leave that girl there without even finding out why she needs you. Besides that the spirits are crossing over to this world. Arn't you going to stay and do the ritual like your supposed to. The others are coming, I can feel them. Now Kris and Joey combined can do it."

"Alright." Hunter bowed out of the argument and excepted that his grandfather was correct. He turned back towards the others and ended up placing his hand on Kris's shoulder. "The others are coming. Prepare for the ritual. We are finally finishing this part of the adventure."[/COLOR]