OtakuBoards

Digimon- Way of the Worlds [PG]

Solo Tremaine

[i]The dark mass at the centre of the blood-red plateau groaned quietly as a horde of Digimon trooped towards it, each holding onto the edge of a massive piece of glowing metal. As they reached the cliff-face overlooking the gigantic crater, the metal glowed a brilliant cyan. Ripples of green energy flowed from it, in synergy with a green throbbing pulse being emitted from veis running up the side of the large dark structure. [/i]

[i]The Digimon threw the metal to the ground below. Its sharp end plunged into the ground before the whole thing toppled over. Dark geen tendrils pushed their way through steaming valves in the plateau floor and crept towards the metal. As soon as the first touched it, they sprang into action, completely enveloping it. [/i]

[i]The mass in the centre of the plateau hummed quietly, satisfied, before a deep rasping breath echoed through the desolate land...[/i]

The General licked his lips. The blood of his enemies flowing from their bodies, draining their life, purifying [i]his[/i] Earth... such a feeling.

He drew his fist back from the prisoner's stomach- the guards watched with pale faces, sickened more and more with each passing second. The prisoner wretched, ejecting blood from his mouth. He let in a rasping breath, lurching back in his restraining chair with each movement of his bruised diaphragm.

"I will not tolerate the silence." The General hissed."I know you have important information for me. For the world. The world wants to hear what you have to say, so that it can be saved."

Chain's muscles were twitching in errattic spasms. He forced his hea up and stared directly into the General's human eye.

"Bite me. I'm just working for a small human colony delivering-"

[i]SLAM.[/i] The General's hand crashed across Chain's face, knocking the entire chair to the floor.

"Do you expect me to believe your heinous lies? You've the Devil inside you! Repent and give me your information now, or be forever cursed under his Lord's ground."

Chain gritted his teeth, spitting out another mouthful of blood. Sloewly, he felt the world around him begin to slip away as he passed into unconsciousness.

?Filthy creature." The General muttered, clicking his fingers sharply. The two guards removed Chain from the chair and carefully laid him on a stretcher, carrying him silently out of the room. As he left, the General scowled at a guard outside the door, who looked as if he were about to vomit at the sight of Chain's battered body.

"You!" The General spat. "Bring me Imahori!"

[color=#503f86]The cells along the high-security section of the prison wing stood eerily silent. A cold breeze swept though the corridor like a phantom, carrying with it the faint scent of death.

The door at the end shot open and the soldiers wheeled the gurney towards the empty cell, where they upturned it, slammed he door shut and left, having deposited their patheticaly beaten cargo.

When the guards had disappeared, one of the subjects in an adjoining cell made a move. "Chain? Chain, is that you? Say something, buddy."

Crossfire was relieved to hear his friend's voicebu it sounded desperately hurt. "Geez, I feel like crap. Somebody get me a stuff drink or I'll pass out." Chain replied, unable to move.

Just as Crossfire was about to move again, the door at the end crashed open. A familiar but shakey figure hurried inside...[/color]

"S-sir, there's no sign of Imahori anywhere in the building. H-his keycard and uniform have been found inside his bedroom, and the security cameras have been deactivated..."

The soldier's voice trailed off as The General rose to his feet, a look of furious terror sweeping over his face. "He wouldn't dare..." he whispered. "He wouldn't... FIND HIM! Search every corner of this building- I want him found and brought to me IMMEDIATEY!"

But it was too late.

A low rumbling shook the room. Bits of plaster fell from the walls and the table shook violently. An explosion from an adjoining corridor shattered the walls- The General toppled to his feet, desperately trying to claw his way free. When the shockwave passed over him, he could hear voices crying out in agony. His soldiers. His followers. His family, dying...

Pulling himself to his feet, he ripped open a piece of metal on the wall. The secret tunnel he'd had installed was crippled, but passable. He leapt down the steps and into the darkness.

[color=#503f86]Gatomon nimbly leapt over a crack in the ground, wary of the low rumbling noises echoing throughout the caverns behind them.

"Hurry up, you three! We don't want to be stuck down here when another tremor hits!"

Fladramon ran his claw over the wall of the cave. "Are you sure it was a tremor? This rock feels burnt..."

"We'll worry about it [i]later[/i]!" Gatomon scowled. "Right now, we-"

Her outburst was interrupted by a loud booming noise. Behind them the ground split in two- a huge section of rock slipped downwards into a newly-formed chasm and disappeared into the darkness. The ground shook violently- they desperately tried to keep their balance while escaping the rapidly-crumbling ground at their heels.

The cave ahead split into two- with Fladramon hauling Andromon onto his back, they sprinted into the left-hand pathway.

Almost immediately, the quake stopped. They could hear the rumbling close by, and small rocks tumbled into the tunnel behind them, but the bit they were standing on seemed irregularly solid. They carried on running- up ahead they could see a dim light shimmering on the cave walls.

[i]"The control room?"[/i] Fladramon thought. No, they hadn't travelled that far back yet. Then what...

His question was answered instantaneously. They burst into a huge cavern, in the centre of which was a large plate of shimmering turquoise metal. It had a charred tinge to it and looked as if it were only part of a larger structure- its edges were jagged and torn. On its surface were tiny hieroglyph-esque carvings, each pulsating with light.

"What's that?" Deciperemon gasped.

In a normal situation, Gatomon would have admitted her interest, but for now they still had an earthquake to escape from.

"Look at the Christm decorations later- we have to go!"

"This could be important!" Fladramon protested as Andromon slid from his back and onto his now fully-funtional body.

"For what?" Gatomon spat. "It's going to burden us too much- this whole cave could collapse at any moment."

Andromon tilted his head. "Actually..." He ran his scanners over the surrounding area, sweeping as much of the cavern as possible. "...this area appeas to be stable. My analysis would be that this artifact, whatever it is, is keeping the surrounding structure stable. Perhaps we should take it back to the control room for analysis."

"They won't be up to analysing much after that earthquake." Deciperemon pondered, moving closer to the sheet of metal.

"Well, we need to get back anyway. This could be helpful to them." Fladramon motioned to Andromon to grab the other side- the two of them pulled hard and it slid free from the surrounding earth. After locating a narrow exit tunnel, they slowly began making their way back- Andromon's scanners listened through the walls for noise of other beings to suggest whether they were on the right track.

Soon enough, they emerged from a long, pitch-black tunnel at the end of which they could see a series of flashlight bulbs scanning the rocky corridor.

Fladramon summoned a small fireball into his hand as a signal for the search party.

"Hey, over here!"[/color]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=DarkSlateBlue]"Lets head--"[/color] Kira was blatantly interupted by another tremor. As the ground shook violently, she fell over and landed in Renamon's arms. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Don't worry, Kira. I've got you."[/color] she said reassuringly, and Kira nodded. As the tremor ceased, Kira stood up and glanced at Azufe and Bolt. Bits of debris from the surrounding rocks covered their clothing, along with Kira's own clothing. She quickly brushed it off and turned towards the entrance to a dark tunnel.

As she walked farther into the tunnel, it became impossible for her nor anyone else, to see. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Would anyone happen to have a flashlight?"[/color] she questioned the other two. From what she could make out in the dark, it seemed as if they had shook their heads. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Oh! I know, Renamon, Digivolve to Kyuubimon! You can light the way with your tails."[/color] she said thoughtfully.

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"Of course, Kira."[/color] Renamon answered as a bright light enveloped her. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Renamon...Digivolve to...KYUUBIMON!"[/color] A flash of light and now the three could see in the darkness, all thanks to Kyuubimon's tails. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Thanks, Kyuubimon. Great job. Now lets go!"[/color] Kira announced and hopped onto Kyuubimon's back. She motioned to Azufe and Bolt to hop on as well.

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"Come on, its much faster this way."[/color] she told them and they hesitantly climbed on behind Kira.

[color=navy]OOC: I hope its ok that I didn't include Tera. Blanko hasn't been around for awhile, so I wasn't sure if I should. But if she comes back or if you want me to include her, Solo, I'll just edit my post and get her in there.[/color][/size]