OtakuBoards

Digimon- Way of the Worlds [PG]

Solo Tremaine

OOC: Well, tycho's material was recuperated before the wars, but I don,t see why some organizations couldn't keep some level of technic and science (especially in the armoury field) up. I do think ANtigrav technology is definitely too advanced, though...

-----------------------------------

Nothing on the right.

Nothing on the other side.

Nothing on the left.

Tycho blinked, and looked down. Chronomon was standing 5 feet away from the wall of the building. He slapped his forehead, then resumed his observation. The digimon looked to be glazing peacefully at the slightly glowing rock. Tycho shook his head and grabbed a cushion.

[i]Sorry, pal...[/i]

With that though, he dropped it on the armored head. Unofrtunately, it didn't seem to stir so much as a blink of an eye. Tycho sweatdropped. He leaned over and called.

"Chro? Chro can you hear me?"

Apparently not. None seemed to notice him. Tycho blinked some more and glanced at the stone. It was now surrounded by a 4 feet diameter of grass. Blue grass.

"Must be some corrupted data. I'm better get Chronomon out of there." he muttered

With that he switched the suit to Post-It mode and began to climb down the wall.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Well, it's not exactly antigrav technology. It works by expelling force downward to keep itself in the air. I don't think that's too unreasonable. Plus, it's not like the hovers are better than traditional vehicles. They're useful for individuals or pairs, but generally, wheeled transport is a better option. The hovers can only carry a small fraction of the weight that a traditional vehicled can, for example. They're also a lot more expensive to make and maintain. And they're a lot less efficiant(sp?) in terms of fuel.

----------------------------------------

As Azufe drives to the facility that will probably be attacked next, Terriermon is thinking. Eventually, he looks at Azufe. "Remember the day we met? What were you doing when you found me?"

Azufe was surprised by the question. "Um... why do you ask?"

"Because I'm curious. You never have told me, you know."

"All right, fine. If you really want to know, I'll tell you, but you have to be sure you want to know."

zufe's reluctance only increased Terriermon's curiosity. "I'm sure."

Azufe sighed. "All right, then. I guess it's time you knew. I was about to be rejected from tha army because of my dislike for guns. Standard guns aren't much good against the Digimon that are threats. They're only useful for killing other humans. The officers didn't like that, though. They hadn't told me that I was out, but I knew they would. I needed some way to prove that I could be useful. You were a perfect opportunity."

"You don't mean..."

"Yes. I wanted to kill you. You mentioned the digivice just in time to save your life."

"Um... oh." Terriermon was obviously unsettled by this new information. "Um, Azufe? You don't hate me now, do you?"

"Of course not. And I'm sorry that I ever wanted to kill you. I just felt like I had to do anything to get in. I'm sorry, Terriermon. I really am."

[font=MS Mincho]*collapses* For pete's sake! *strangles post* I apologise for the formatting in this message; it's been a disaster trying to put it up.[/font]
[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]OOC: Remember the state the world's in, guys. There are very few normal cities left; most [/font][font=MS Mincho]have been forced to live underground in deserts, arctic regions, mountains etc. Most of the [/font][font=MS Mincho]outposts of civilisation left are military ones, and as such are heavily guarded. Most combat [/font][font=MS Mincho]vehicles won't stand up to much Digimon punishment though.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]Takuya, Blanko- don't go too crazy with posting. I did say when I started that there would be [/font][font=MS Mincho]a limit of two posts per person per day. I want to make sure everyone's up to the same point [/font][font=MS Mincho]in the RPG because soon I'll be advancing the plot and a fair amount has to be taken in. I [/font][font=MS Mincho]know it's all mostly character development stuff and that's not a bad thing; I just don't want [/font][font=MS Mincho]everyone else to get lost in posts.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]I will nag anyone by PM if I have to.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]* * * * * * * * * * *[/font]

[i]A group of military officers stood in a dark room, dimly lit by a single light bulb hanging[/i] [font=MS Mincho][i][font=MS Mincho]limply from the ceiling.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho][/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"So, how much longer should we wait?" one asked quietly.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]Everyone's attention turned to a huge bulk of a man standing at the end of the room. One [/font][font=MS Mincho]large mechanical arm glinted dangerously in the light as he turned to face them, his face half-[/font][font=MS Mincho]hidden by a metal face mask. A searing red-eyed stare passed to every lieutenant in the room.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"We will wait no longer. Activities of other factions around the world are increasing, along [/font][font=MS Mincho]with the occurrence of natural disasters. We must make sure that their plans do not interfere [/font][font=MS Mincho]with those of our great destiny."[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]One of the lieutenants shuffled nervously. "Messiah is already under full capacity, and we [/font][font=MS Mincho]don't know whether the Digital-"[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]The cybernetic fist hit the table like thunder, sending a huge split running down its middle.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"The Messiah plan will proceed as we have discussed. But we must increase production if we [/font][font=MS Mincho]are to eliminate those heathen beasts from this world." He clenched his fist and removed it [/font][font=MS Mincho]from the wooden surface.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"This is God's will. He is testing us to see if we are worthy of living on this planet. The [/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]Digimon have destroyed the weak and now we have to make sure they do not destroy the [/font][font=MS Mincho]strong. The natural disasters alone are testament to his fury at the Devil's creatures walking [/font][font=MS Mincho]his land. I will not fail this test." [/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"But sir? should we at least keep some of them for research purposes? The advances we've [/font][font=MS Mincho]made in technology with them so far have brought us miles ahead of-"[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]The Lieutenant's voice trailed off as the General strode towards him.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"We have taken what we need from their bodies, and now we have to kill them all," the [/font][font=MS Mincho]General growled. "You would not dare oppose the will of God, would you?" [/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]Underneath the [/font][font=MS Mincho]metal face mask, a crimson eye appeared and the gun mounted on the General's arm began to [/font][font=MS Mincho]click ominously.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]The Lieutenant shook his head vigorously, shaking with fear.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]Satisfied, the General turned to face the entire room. "I want you to increase the number of [/font][font=MS Mincho]Digital readings we get from those satellites. I want the Gateway to Hell to be found so that [/font][font=MS Mincho]we may pass judgement upon those not worthy of walking on God's Earth. Get people from [/font][font=MS Mincho]the abandoned cities if you have to, but finish the Messiah plan. Is that clear?"[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"Yes sir!" the officers chorused, before quickly exiting the room.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]The General's eyes narrowed as thoughts of those digimon creatures flooded into his mind.[/font][/i]

[i][font=MS Mincho]"Heathen beasts?"[/i][/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]* * *[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho][color=#503f86]"Hey, Digimon? wanna come out and play?"[/color]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho][COLOR=#503F86]Fladramon could hear the human's footsteps drawing closer. He watched carefully through a [/font][font=MS Mincho]crack in the storeroom door to try and ascertain where he was.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]A shadow moved three aisles to his right. He could hear the quiet click of an ammunition [/font][font=MS Mincho]pack being slid covertly into place. If he didn't get out of that cupboard soon, he'd be a sitting [/font][font=MS Mincho]duck when the human got round. [/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]"I got something to show you. Come on, it won't hurt?"[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]Fladramon let out a silent snort of disgust as the human continued trying to 'coax' him out of [/font][font=MS Mincho]his hiding place. He had to make a break for it before he got too close. But his digivice was [/font][font=MS Mincho]still lying on the floor somewhere. He didn't want to lose it.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]Suddenly, he heard a 'click' outside the door. He edged away from the wooden panel and [/font][font=MS Mincho]glanced through the murky glass.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]The human was right outside.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]"Ever heard of 'lead'? You're going to be tasting it, parasite!"[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]Quick as a flash, Fladramon shoulder-barged the door, ripping it from its hinges. The human [/font][font=MS Mincho]leapt backwards at the same instant, desperately firing the assault rifle at the digimon. The [/font][font=MS Mincho]volley of bullets shattered ceiling tiles but damaged little else as Fladramon sprinted towards [/font][font=MS Mincho]the door.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]A second shower of bullets came from behind him, narrowly missing his neck and arms. One [/font][font=MS Mincho]grazed his left flank, stunning him. He stumbled and fell sideways into a shelf, spilling its [/font][font=MS Mincho]contents all over the floor. He hurriedly picked himself up, ignoring the blood that had [/font][font=MS Mincho]splattered over him and ran for cover.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]More bullets zipped past as he dived behind a wall, taking a short moment to catch his breath.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho][/font]
[font=MS Mincho]He couldn't use his attacks here- the building was so unstable it could collapse if the ceiling [/font][font=MS Mincho]above gave way.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]"Great, trapped." He cursed under his breath. He carefully leant his head around the corner to [/font][font=MS Mincho]see where the human was. He was bent over something lying on the floor in the middle of an [/font][font=MS Mincho]aisle.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]"What's this?" the human grunted. He picked up a small watch-like device with a glowing [/font][font=MS Mincho]white screen and turned it over, inspecting it. Shrugging, he shoved the digivice into his [/font][font=MS Mincho]pocket.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]Fladramon growled and shook with rage. How dare he touch that?[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]The human quickly looked around, then made a bolt for the door. In an instant, Fladramon [/font][font=MS Mincho]was upon him- he knocked the rifle across the wet street and kicked the man to the ground, [/font][font=MS Mincho]hitting him with a sickening crack. The brittle human landed in a puddle in the middle of the [/font][font=MS Mincho]road, heavy rain pelting his torn green jacket.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]The man rolled over and stared at him, wide-eyed with fear.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]Fladramon advanced angrily, his fists glowing with fire.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]"Give it back."[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]"Wh-wh-what?"[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]"Give it back!" Fladramon roared, the rain pouring down his body.[/font]
[font=MS Mincho][/font]

[font=MS Mincho]The man looked around desperately for a clue as to what he had taken. "I-I don't-"[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]Flamedramon let out a furious yell and punched his claws into the fabric of the man's coat, [/font][font=MS Mincho]singeing the fabric.[/font]
[font=MS Mincho][/font]

[font=MS Mincho]"It's in your pocket, give it to me!" he yelled.[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]Quaking in terror, the man removed the digivice form his pocket and handed it to Fladramon, [/font][font=MS Mincho]who snatched it form him and shoved it into his bag. Without saying a word, but giving the [/font][font=MS Mincho]human a long, hateful stare, he walked away.[/font]
[font=MS Mincho][/font]

[font=MS Mincho]As he disappeared into the trees, Fladramon hoped that his blood wouldn't be smelt by too many Digimon.[/COLOR][/font][/font][/font]

[font=MS Mincho]* * * * * * * *[/font]

[font=MS Mincho]In the next few posts I'll start teleporting people, but don't start anything until then. A lot of [/font][font=MS Mincho]the plot of the storyline will be revealed when everyone's together (or at least when most of [/font][font=MS Mincho]everyone's together o_o; ) I want to make sure everyone who's in the RPG is actually posting [/font][font=MS Mincho]first.[/font]

Deciperemon limped out of the forest and into the remains of what appeared to be a small human town. There were no tall buildings, but lots of rubble and some grass poking up from between the pavement. Deci could smell food. His nose perked up at the smell. The last thing he'd had to eat was a few mushrooms just a few moments ago. Wait...was it mushrooms? And...who was he? Deci looked down at his hands. They were blurry, and he couldn't remember just [I]why[/I] they were there.

Deci straightened up. What was he just thinking about? Mushrooms, was it? Something was shouting at him in the back of his mind. Something about mushrooms from the Digital World. Deciperemon shrugged. It couldn't have been too important if he had forgotten it. At the moment, though, his mind was fixed on the smell of food.

It was some sort of fruit, he concluded. It was sweet-smelling, and it didn't smell like the manufactured junk food that he so enjoyed. Wait. He liked junk food? Made by humans? Yes. The humans made the junk food. Did that make them good? Well, probably. They made junk food.

Deciperemon was, by now, very confused. He couldn't seem to remember anything, and all sorts of questions made him forget just what he had been doing at the time. Ah! Yes, the food. He entered what appeared to be a ruined grocery store, or something. Deci strolled down the aisles. Canned food was scattered about the floor, and the footprints of a large digimon could be seen smashed into the old and ruined tiles.

Wait. What was a digimon? Was he a digimon? Yes. That much he remembered. He was a digimon.

"Hey...how'd I get here?" wondered Deciperemon aloud. He suddenly was in a store, it seemed. He shrugged, and picked a few blueberries that had grown in the years past. He ate them, and then curled up under a pile of old bananas to take a nap. Maybe after the nap he'd remember something. Deep in his mind, a small voice spoke.

[I]Stupid mushrooms of forgetfulness.....[/I]

[color=darkblue]Gatomon lay spread eagle out in the middle of the glades staring up at the sky. She'd found herself doing that a lot lately.

"It's changed so much... I remember when it was nothing but blue and white. It was so beautiful. Now, it's just pitiful..."

[i]Gatomon heaved nosily and sat up, checking her surroundings. It wasn't long before she saw a small party of Gazimon strolling casually toward her.[/i]

"Great. As if I haven't dealt with enough idiots today," she thought.

The leader, signified by a bloodied and tattered blue bandana he wore around his neck, was the first to speak to her.

"Hey, cutie. Wanna come along with us? We're going to kill that group of humans over there."

"Yeah. They keep takin' all the grub around here!" said one of the others. Gatomon glanced over at him quickly before focusing her attention back on the leader.

"Sorry. I'll pass. I've got better things to do."

"Like what?"

"Like avoiding more losers like you..." she said as she strolled away.

----

I apologize for not being able to post something more detailed. I'm sort of in a hurry.[/color]

"So, yeah, it's what we do best, man."
Crossfire seemed at an odd loss for words on this particular misson, as Bolt tried to focus on the road ahead of him. Wind and Chain seemed even more upset than usual as they sat in the back row. All the cannons and equipment were already in the trunk, where Wind could jut reach over and pick them up. Otherwise, Crossfire was busy tinkering with one of them in the front. Bolt spoke again.
"Yeah, but, why do we do it? What do we get out of it?" Crossfire put down the six-shooter he was tinkering with and looked over at Bolt.
"You know how we eat?"
Bolt looked like he was about to answer, but continued to stare at the road in front of him. He wasn't too sure.
"You know why this car always has gas? Why we have these weapons? Why we have ammunition whenever we need it?"
Bolt shook his head, he, come to think of it, had no idea how they had managed to keep all those htings.
"We do...because...we do our job, we give up the data to whoever wants it, and they give us these things in return. Nothing else matters. We may be dangerous and maybe what we do is hurting innocent people, or even those cute little monsters, for that matter, but it's not like we can just sit back and die like this when we have an alternative. No matter who you are or how little you believe in the human psyche or anything like that, it's always there, man. Human beings won't just lie down and die when they know there is even the smallest chance, no matter how far off or evil or stupid it is, to keep living. Even if they have to kill hundreds of people, or eat their best friend or parent or little kid, provided of course, they haven't done the same to him, or even steal data or digimon and threaten good working men with guns and powerful explosives. Sure, no one really wants to live like that, but is it like they have a choice? I've seen it all, man, I've seen people eating people and digimon and those digimon fight back by eating the people and the other digimon. How is that any way to live? They'll just keep growing and eating each other until the last one standing is finally full and dies because he ran out of things to eat, or goes to some other f**ked up universe to eat even more. We are lucky to be able to live like this, to fight for our survival and have people like each other to depend on. We have the power to kill..."
By now, Crossfire had the full and undivided attention of all the people in the car, even Bolt, who was supposed to be driving, and swereved to avoid the curb. Crossfire stopped in mid-sentence, and then took a breath to continue.
"Well...we do this because we have to, we do this because we want to live, not because we want to hurt anyone."
Bolt ignored him as he pulled over to the curb, in front of the massive office tower that was their next target.

"K, guys, we have work to do, so get out the cannons and get ready. Bolt, you take the car and park it on the other side of the building. If someone gets too close to us, then move the car."
"Then how will you know where I moved the car?"
Crossfire didn't reply, he just put on a look of total concentration as he stepped out in front of the office, and Bolt obliged by driving the car around the curb behind the building. As Crossfire walked into the bulding, a last thought crossed his mind.

[i]We don't want to die, but if we do, then I guess we are really lucky after all.[/i]

Bolt looked out the rear-view mirror and took a look at the massive office tower looming over the block. He thought of what Crossfire had said earlier, about survival and all that. He never thought of it that way, about how people would have to struggle like that, since he seemed to live just fine the way he was. He never knew the world could be like that, so cruel. He looked down at his tiny tape...

[i]Crossfire told me something very strange today, he said that people sometimes have to kill or eat each other to survive. Seems awfully strange, and that we were really lucky to have someone watching over us to see what was going on. We have each other now, I know, but sometimes I cant help but wonde, just what are we doing in this world? Are we hurting people? Do we really have to kill to survive like this?[/i]

Bolt put down the mic as he thought he caught a glimpse of a vehincle behind him on the street, but it passed in an instant, and Bolt wan't too sure. He had had enough.

Possessed by some sort of demon, he got out of the car, NEMESIS rifle attached to his back, and took a step forward, eyes on the massive tower in front of him...

OOC: Kust to make sure you know, Solo, I've been careful not to post more than twice a day.

-----------------------------------------

"Wasn't that the building?" Terriermon asked.

Azufe knew exactly what he was doing. "Yes, but that doesn't mean that we stop there. The driver will stay in the vehicle, and we can't let him know that we're after him and his team." He pulled into a lot in front of an old, rundown, and closed McDonalds. "It'll only take us about a minute to get back to the building from here. We'll probably be too late to stop the theft, but we should be able to catch the hunters." He grabed his backpack, and the two of them set off toward the building.

As they make their way to it, Azufe explains his plan. "I doubt that that driver will be expecting trouble, but he'll certianly notice and react to my presence. But if you're careful, he probably won't notice you. I want you to sneak up to the vehicle and put the bomb underneath it, preferably near the gas tank if you can recognize it. Put the detonator on one of the car doors. When the rest of the team comes out, someone will surely notice the thing and remove it. The explosion will kill anyone in the vehicle, and possibly the person who removes the detonator. Then I move in and we immobilize anyone left. We can only take the weight of one person, so we'll have to guess who to take."

As they approached the building, they stoped talking and started sneaking. They found a position where they could observe without being seen. The first thing they noticed is that the driver was gone. "This doesn't change the plan," Azufe said, whispering in case the driver was nearby. He gets the bomb and detonator out of his backpack and hands them to Terriermon. "He could still be nearby. Be careful."

Ok im tired of waiting for them to post...
---------------------------------------------------

With Rapidmon and Triceramon gone Tera sighed. She was glad no one got hurt and yet at this point couldnt care less. She let hawkmon get on her shoulder and without saying a word walks off into the forest leaving the silent others behind. She finally put a smile on when there was no other humans around.

[b][COLOR=DarkRed]"This is quite a boring life... Well except for that Rapidmon... Whats he so angry about anyways?"[/COLOR][/b] Hawkmon asks quietly as to not bring attention to them.

[b][COLOR=Sienna]"Ill tell you... A long time ago I was being raised by a digimon known as Antylamon. She raised me and then one day a large group of humans appeared and they destroyed her because she was digimon. I hate humans now because of that. When I turned 20 your egg appeared in front of me and hatched. So here we are."[/COLOR][/b]

Hawkmon stares at her for a bit as he starts to understand things, [b][COLOR=DarkRed]"But why is Rapidmon ticked about that?"[/COLOR][/b]

[b][COLOR=Sienna]"Twins... Each terriermon has a twin named Lopmon... Antylamon was the ultimate form of Lopmon. The Armor Rapidmon was just one of the wild terriermon that digivolved. He thinks i am completely responsible for Antylamons death. I am too."[/COLOR][/b]

[b][COLOR=DarkRed]"Why do you say that!?"[/COLOR][/b] Hawkmon asks.

[b][COLOR=Sienna]"It was humans who destroyed her... I am human. Therefor I am responsible."[/COLOR][/B]

Hawkmon became silent, [B][I][COLOR=DarkRed]So is that why she hates herself so much?[/COLOR][/I] [/B]

Terriermon moved quickly and quietly toward the data hunters' vehicle. He was careful to be as stealthy as he could, knowing that just because there didn't appear to be anyone besides him and Azufe there didn't mean that nobody else was.

Upon reaching the vehicle he quickly placed the detonator on the driver's side door and activated it. Using his small size to his advantage, he sliped under the vehicle. He couldn't recognise the gas tank, so he placed the bomb in a likely area before making his way back to Azufe's hiding spot.

Azufe tried to locate Terriermon, and was pleased when he couldn't. [i]Good to see he still knows how to stay hidden[/i], he thought. Satisfied that Terriermon would successfully place the bomb and detonator, his thoughts turned to more personal matters.

[i]was it really just because I wanted to show them that I could be useful? Was that really the only reason I was about to kill him? Surely I have some hatred for Digimon. That's why I wanted to fight back in the first place. It was Digimon that chased my family and I from place to place. It was Digimon that destroyed the towns we went to. It was Digimon who killed my parents. It's understandable that I'd hate them for that. Was that part of the reason? I think it was.

Why would I have hated him on sight? There are plenty of bad humans out there still, but I don't hate humans. the same must apply to Digimon. Surely they're not all bad. In fact, they probably see us humans as the bad ones. We started the war, didn't we? Can we blame them for fighting back? For hating us? How will we ever make peace if we can't understand that they think of us the same way we think of them? We won't, at least not until us humans understand that.

Why is it that I'm only now realizing this? Could I really have been so blinded by hate? I've always insisted that you shouldn't hate others based on race or appearance. Why am I just now realizing that the same thing applies to Digimon? Am I really that bad of a person?[/i]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]OOC- You can't expect me to post everyday. I have limited internet time and I'm mostly on during the weekends. I'm rarely on during the week so please take into consideration that I can't be on everyday to post.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Also, about the Renamon attack, I didn't do as much research on all of Renamon's attacks as I should have but, thanks, now I know another. I only knew those two from a video game...[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]---[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]IC- Kira watched Tera walk off. "Well, that was very rude. Oh well, many humans are these days..." she mumbled. [i]Should I follow her? I don't know. She is a human but, I don't think she'd enjoy my company, nor would I enjoy hers. I guess I'll just continue on my way and find someone else. Maybe we'll meet again someday.[/i] Kira thought to herself as she, Renamon, and Veemon made there way through another path in the forest.[/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]A Golden Rapidmon. I've never seen one of those before. They must be very rare and a Triceramon as well. You don't see Digimon like that very often.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Renamon interupted her thinking. "Kira, are you aware of our surroundings?" she asked. Kira looked around. "Ah, a stream. Come Renamon, Veemon, I'm sure you must be thirsty." she said and smiled.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]The two Digimon followed her to the crystal clear stream. Kira pulled out her utility knife and hit a button that released a water purifier (sp?). She scooped some water up into it and placed her open canteen beneath it. Clean and un-contaminated water poured into the canteen. Kira proceeded to drink a little of the water before handing it to Renamon and Veemon.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Now, don't drink it all at once. We need to make this last."[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]The two Digimon nodded and drank just enough water to satisfy their needs. Veemon handed Kira the canteen back. She strapped it over her shoulder and led the two Digimon away from the stream.[/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Thank god for this utility knife. Who knows what kind of things could have been lurking in that water, just waiting to infiltrate our bodies and make us sick. Ack, the horridness of living in this world where even the simplest organism can kill you.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]---[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]OOC- I'm sure I could have typed more but my mom says I need to get off the internet now.[/color][/size][/font]

Bolt took a look out the alleyway of the massive building. The waiting inside the car had finally driven him over the edge and he had decided to take a quick look outside to see what was going on. Despite the total lack of understanding, Bolt took it upon himself to look out for his crew. He knelt down for a moment before sitting on the concrete at the side of the building. He rested his head in his hands and took a look around to make sure no one was looking. He gazed up at the sky, wondering when this was ever going to end. He hoped to find a life of his own somewhere else, but for all reasons, he decided to take his friends with him.

[i]Yeah, that would be nice.[/i]

Bolt thought about what was happening now, why this world he was living in seemed so...dark...all the time. He barely remembered this planet of theirs having a sun, but for the time being, everything seemed to be covered in cloud all the time. He wanted to see the sun someday, wanted to understand what it would be like if life were different.

[i]Crossfire is wrong, there has to be something more...

So, just what am I going to do?

We'll run away, yeah, we'll just leave and find somewhere else to go, where we can see the sun someday, and maybe even live differently. I reallly want to be able to do that.

I really do.[/i]

Bolt's head swung to the side as he heard a small noise in the alleyway. He jumped to his feet and released NEMESIS rifle from his back holster. Cocking the massive weapon, he looked down to the end of the alleyway, but saw nothing. Only...something seemed wrong with the street across the alleyway...as though...

Bolt took one look at the large vehicle parked on the other end of the road and bolted back for his car, remembering Crossfire's warning.

[i]If someone parks too close, move the car.[/i]

Bolt launched himself into the driver's side of the car, completely missing the trigger on the side of the door, and gunned the engine, shifting the car into reverse. The large black vehicle groaned slightly as it pulled out of the parking lot, and Bolt scanned the area for somewhere else to go where the crew could still see him...

Azufe stiffened slightly at the sound of the car in the parking lot across the alleyway. He craned his neck slighty out the side but ducked back in out of fear of being noticed. Jaht looked out the side too.
"What the hell? He's moving the car!" Jaht whispered hastily to Azufe in the front, who looked out the door as well. Indeed, the massive black Pacifica roared right past the stunned duo, but neither oculd seem to identify the driver.
"What's going on? Terriermon was supposed to plant the bomb!" Azufe began, but Jaht interrupted, mouth agape.
"He did...the trigger device is still on the door." Azufe looked out at the Pacifica roared around the corner, trigger mechanism intact.

"Huh?" Wind looked out from the top of the office tower where the three were stationed, just in time to see Bolt scream around the corner.
"Hey! Bolt's moved the car! We must be..." Crossfire pushed Wind aside while he was in mid-sentence, and looked out the window at the night-black vehicle. Bolt looking more stressed than usual.
"We're being shadowed, where would the car..." Crossfire stopped himself as he looked out the window at the opposite side of the hall, and saw the massive hover vehicle stationed around the corner.
"B*tches..." He cursed as he pulled out his assault rifle, and Chain pulled out the chain gun...

Azufe and Jaht ducked as the massive impact bullets screamed madly past and around the large hovercraft, while the assault from the office building continued. Jaht yelled as a bullet pierced the side and nicked his arm, and Azufe was lucky that little of the equipment was damaged.
"Go! We have to catch them before they leave!" Jaht yelled, grimacing with pain as the sting from the bullet bit into his arm.
"What about Terriermon? We can't..."
"GO!" Azufe tried to start up the hover, but the madly flying bullets had severely damaged the engine, as that was what Chain and Crossfire were aiming for.
"It's been damaged! We can't move!"
"Damnit, get to the driver!"

Bolt looked out the window of the Pacifica to see his friends take a hasty leap from the fire escape to make their exit. Bolt gunned the car engine again and made a hasty U turn, ready to pick up his friends. He stopped suddenly when a large figure, holding his arm as though in pain, jumped out in front of the car. Bolt slammed on the brakes as the man pulled out a small pistol, and Bolt ducked to avoid the heavy lead bullets piercing through his windshield. Only then, did he notice the NEMESIS was still in the back seat...

"What are you doing?!" Azufe called out to Jaht, who was about to depart.
"Take care of the others! I've got the driver!" Azufe pulled out the small camera device and opened the side door slightly, ducking behind the wrecked hover as the trio spilled out into the street around the corner, where he couldn't see them. Azufe grimaced as he looked up to see how Jaht was doing, and turned his head to see the other three coming staight at him...

Jaht yelled as an erratic uranium bullet screamed past his head, and Bolt jumped out of the car and landed on top of him. In a single motion, Bolt, with surprising reflexes, brought the butt of the rifle down onto Jaht's head, knocking him unconcious, when a bright flash erupted down the street...

Crossfire, Wind, and Chain screamed in agony as the brilliant flash destroyed their eyes, and Azufe pulled out the twin rod weapons to keep them suppressed. Quickly, he rushed behind the three of them and subdued Wind and Chain with a crack to the skull. Crossfire, on the other hand, was to be kept as a concious hostage. Azufe yelled down the street.
"Jaht! You got him?....Jaht?..."
No reply. Crossfire struggled and Asufe held his arms in a tight hold, and looked down the street to see who was coming. His confident smile dissolved into a look of disgust and disbelief as Bolt dragged an unconcious Jaht behind him, rifle trained forward, and stopped only a few metres away.
Both men stared at each other, hostages at their sides, smouldering hatred...

[color=navy]Andromon sat under the crumbling concrete until Goblimon came to, and then sent him in the direction of the Digimon village that he had passed a couple days beforehand. When he was sure that the rookie would be safe on his own, Andromon started back onto the path that he had been walking for so long before. He could hear It calling to him from the forest, stronger then it had ever been. Andromon broke into a jog, and then a run when he was greeted by a voice that he had half forgotten, on account of the fact that it had been so long since he had last heard it. [/color]

[color=sienna]"Andromon! its us! I don't think that he even remembers us... Maybe we should just turn back around and go home."[/color]

[color=darkolivegreen]"Maybe you should stop being such a wuss and go faster!"[/color]

[color=navy]With a silent chuckle, Andromon stopped and turned around to be greeted by the the sight of [url="http://ca.geocities.com/digital_empiredex/digidex/Mekanorimon.html"]Mekanorimon[/url] and [url="http://ca.geocities.com/digital_empiredex/digidex/Clockmon.html"]Clockmon[/url], his two closest friends ever since he was born. [/color]

[color=gray]"[/color][color=gray]I thought that you two had settled into that all-Digimon town out west as its unofficial protectors? What happened, they finally ask you guys to do something?"[/color]

[color=sienna]"Interestingly enough, yes. A couple of Kokuwamon disappeared from our little settlement a couple of weeks ago," [/color][color=navy]Clockmon explained. [/color][color=sienna]"They-"[/color]

[color=darkolivegreen]"-Were spotted by several eyewitnesses heading in this direction a couple of days ago, saying, [color=orange]'It's calling me...'[/color] [/color][color=darkolivegreen]or something like that all in unison. Obviously we thought of you, so we left the Tankmon in charge of security and asked [url="http://ca.geocities.com/digital_empiredex/digidex/GrandLocomon.html"]GrandLocomon[/url] If he could bring us up into your area." [/color]

[color=#808080]"How is GrandLocomon?"[/color]

[color=sienna]"Peachy. I'll send him your congratulations over his recent Digivolution from Ultimate to Mega. Will you help us look?"[/color]

[color=#808080]"Of course. I'll have them back as soon as I can. I'll meet you two here, just stay safe until I get back." [/color]

[color=darkolivegreen]"What makes you think that you can find them?"[/color]

[color=#808080]"The same thing that's the real reason why you two left."[/color]

[color=sienna]"What, chicks?"[/color]
[center][color=navy]***[/color][/center]
[left][color=navy]Andromon emerged from the woods into another destroyed city. This one wasn't as devoid of lire as the last one was, it was busling with activity. Several Digimon were streaming towards some sort of glowing pyramid looking rock in the middle of a bombed out house. Andromon scanned the crowds, looking for some sign of the Kokuwamon, but instead found:[/color][/left]

[left][font=Lucida Console][color=lime]Species Name: Chronomon[/color][/font][/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][color=#00ff00]No Additional Information Found.[/color][/font][/left]

[left][color=#808080][i]No data? That's never happened before. Maybe I'll check this Chronomon out...[/i][/color][/left]

OOC: Two things, Wondershot. First, Azufe doesn't use guns, as I mentioned in my sign-up. His weapons are twin metal poles (which he carries straped to his back, by the way). And second, Jaht didn't accompany Azufe. His mention in a previous post was an accident (my character in another RPG is named Jaht). Don't bother editing him out, though. I can explain his presence easily enough.

------------------------------

"Release him!" Bolt shouted.

Azufe was tense, but he maintained a calm demeanor, as he had been trained to do. "Or what? You'll kill your hostage? I don't even know why he's here. Branit must have sent him as backup. I don't have a gun. Will you kill me? I doubt you're a good enough shot to avoid hitting your teammate, here."

"Release hin now!"

"I don't think I will. I think you should release your hostage. Do so, and I'll let you and your other two companions live. This one, however," he indicated Crossfire, "is coming with me."

"Don't do it!" Crossfire yelled.

"I refuse," Bolt told Jaht. "You're in no position to bargain, anyways."

Too bad," Azufe replied. In one continuous motion he kicked Crossfire in the nuts, dropped to the ground, grabbed his digivice, and pushed the top button, triggering the nearby Terriermon's digivolution. Gargomon quickly positioned himself between Azufe and Bolt as Azufe stood up and took hold of Crossfire again. "Now, release your hostage or Gargomon here will be forced to kill you."

Bolt stared in awe at the newly-evolved Digimon standing down the street, only thinking it looked vaguely familliar. He paused to consider a moment his future, and what would happen if he were to fire a shot. He lifted the rifle up into the air...before letting it drop to the ground with a heavy thud. Azufe looked at him, and walked a bit closer.
"I knew you'd see things my way." Bolt stared at him, there was a rumble of thunder in the sky as rain began to fall.
"Don't flatter yourself, I'm doing this because they're my friends, they're not tools like him." He emphasized the last point with a nod in Gargomon's direction. Azufe stared at him, the rain became heavier and heavier, Azufe's vision was getting a little foggy because of it.
"You shut up..."
"I can't believe you, doing this to my friends and using innocent beings to get what you want..."
"Gargomon! Shut him up!" Gargomon took a step forward, but Bolt was yelling now.
"Crossfire told me about people like you! Eating and using each other to survive! You think of everyone as being your tools..." Bolt's last statement was cut short as Gargomon's heavy arm came down onto his head, knocking him cold. Azufe stared at Gargomon, who de-evolved a moment later.
"...Good work..." He looked back at the wrecked hover, and took a moment to disarm and tie up the data hunters, before taking Bolt and Jaht towards Bolt's car first. Just then, however, Crossfire was starting to wake up...

Azufe and Terriermon quickly dumped Bolt's body in the trunk, while Jaht was in the front seat. Azufe looked down.
"I guess I wan't expecting to hold so many bodies, huh..." Terriermon refused to look at him, Azufe thought of Bolt's words...was there any truth to them? Was that just a desperate attempt to distract them while pulling out a hidden weapon? Azufe walked back in the direction of the other three, but noticed, through the thick fog, something was very wrong.
Somebody was laughing.
Azufe rushed up to the scene where the data hunters were, and saw, indeed, that Crossfire was still there, immobile, but laughing as though something was utterly hilarious about his capture. Azufe looked down at him.
"What's so funny, thief?"
"Oh, nothing, just the idea we were captured by a government a**hole like you." Azufe smiled. Crossfire had no means of escape, and he would have plenty of time to hurt him later, so Azufe would hear him out.
"What makes you say that? I say you were pretty sloppy there, and it was just me and Terriermon against you four. We didn't even have guns."
"Oh, yeah, well I say you'd be doing me a favor if you shot me right here and now with Bolt's gun. I hardly think any government and his lowly tool should have the glory of capturing the infamous data hunters, you should have the glory of killing us all. It's that much more appropriate, that army ***** should be able to kill rather than just take prisoner, since it's what you do best."
"Well, the army ***** now has you in custody. If you're lucky, you might be able to work for us someday instead of rotting away in confinment for the rest of your life, so, anything else you like to say before I haul your a** to prison?"
"Not to you, but to him." Crossfire said, pointing his head in Terriremon's direction. He continued.
"I feel so sorry for you, man. You should have taken your chances in a ***** world like this on your own, or died, rather than face up to the fact that you're being used."
"He's my partner. Thanks to me, he doesn't have to scavenge to survive, unlike dirt like you."
"Oh? Well, enjoy this 'freedom' of yours if you can, and say hi to the one we freed the other day, if your 'friend' here doesn't kill him..." Azufe brought his boot down hard, and Crossfire was unconcious once more. Asufe picked up his body, and began moving back towards the car. Terriermon paused for a moment, before following suit, Bolt and Crossfire's words still ringing in his head...

[color=#503f86]Fladramon didn't get far. He stumbled through the trees and collapsed at the root of a giant digital tree, gasping for breath.

[i]Okay, perhaps it was more than a graze.[/i]

The blood coated his flank, trickled down his leg and disappeared into the water-soaked ground. Heaving himself into a sitting position, he fumbled around in his bag for something to stem the flow from the injury. Small utility items fell onto the ground with wet thuds as he desperately pulled out anything that could be of use. A compass, redundant now anyway because of the world's erratic magnetic pull, splashed into a puddle and began floating gently down a slope- Fladramon didn't notice.

He grabbed an old and torn scrap of paper. It seemed to be all that was left, apart from his digivice. He grabbed the two top corners of the crumpled sheet and held it out in front of him, ready to tear it in two.

Seconds passed.

A minute passed.

He couldn't do it. Every time he looked at the map, memories came flooding back.

[i]"What are you doing?"[/i]

[i]"Ha, I'm drawing a map."[/i]

[i]"You don't have to laugh. I've never seen one of those before."[/i]

[i]"Well, humans use them so they can get their bearings and stop them from getting lost. Since the world's changed, we need new maps."[/i]

[i]"But... why bother? It's not like we have anywhere to go back to."[/i]

[i]"It's not for us."[/i]

[i]"Then..."[/i]

[i]"When it's finished, it'll show the entire world. Then it can be copied and we can start trying to rebuild the world that we lost."[/i]

[i]"You think you can do all that with a map?"[/i]

[i]"No, not just a map. But it's a start."[/i]

Fladramon carefully folded the map back up again and placed it into the bottom of the bag next to the Digivice. He looked around him and picked up the various objects that he'd thrown out in search of a bandage.

"Damn sentiment... I must have-"

He froze. A small white digimon with a purple striped tail and green clawed gloves stood twenty feet away. In her claw was his compass. She wore an expression of cold curiosity, examining the device carefully while still keeping an eye on Fladramon.

"You collect these or what?" the Gatomon sneered.

Fladramon stood upright, trying to hide his injury- he was at least three times her size anyway, regardless of his degree of incapacity. "That's none of your business. Give it back."

Gatomon's eyes narrowed slightly and a sly grin crept onto her face. "Or what, pray tell? With a bullet wound that big you're not going anywhere soon... or perhaps you just won't be going anywhere at all."

Fladramon tensed. "What do you want?"

The Gatomon turned the compass over in her hand, snorted and threw it back to Fladramon.

"Nothing."

Fladramon watched her disappear into the undergrowth, feeling thankful that she'd left him alone without doing him any more harm, but also slightly disappointed that she didn't stay for longer. It wasn't often he had as neutral a conversation as that.

Slowly and painfully, he began making his way back towards the city. If he'd actually been able to plan ahead he mght have thought about getting more medical supplies beforehand, but he'd only ever known one person smart enough to do that, and he was...

The digimon let out a yelp of pain as his foot slipped over a wet stone, stretching the muscles in his injured side and opening the wound further.

"Shut up, you idiot..." Fladramon gritted his teeth and spat out a mouthful of bloody rainwater as his claws touched the concrete surface.[/color]

Tycho dropped down next to a Kokuwamon. The metallic insect didn't seem to notice him. He crouched and waved a hand in front of the digimon's eye. No reaction. Of course, the fact his eyes were made out of small lightbulbs might have accounted for the lack of [B]visible[/B] reaction.

[i]Hypnotic trance?[/i]

He turned at Chronomon and punched him softly in the side. Nothing. He looked up at his friend and sighed.

[I]God, forgives me...[/I]

He fire a burst of plasma next to his foot. The light burst and singe from the overly hot plasma startled Chronomon out of his transe. In less than a fraction of a second, his hand was holding Tycho up by his throat and a deep rumbling was escaping the digimon's throat.

[I]Great idea, Tycho, really...[/I]

Then his eyes softened and his hold opened ( :flaming: Can't get the right word!... Oh yeah, roleplay :sweat: ).

"Tycho?! What happened? What are you doing here?" He asked, looking around.

"Don't look at it!" Tycho warned him as he was sat back on the ground. "I'd prefer not do this again."

"Oh! I don't know what came over me." Chronomon excused himself.

"Na, don't worry Chro. I should have expected that." Tycho said, pulling the large doglike digimon outside the ruin circle.

"What happened?"

"Oh yeah. Well, apparently, that thing, I think it's a Destiny Stone, seems to put digimon around in some sort of trance." He tried to explain.

"A destiny stone? I doubt it. They're supposed to keep the digiworld stable. I don't think they'd have survived the merging." Chronomon replied.

"Anyway. Whatever it is, it think it holds corrupted data. I'd have tested it's reaction if it wasn't for that. But I don't want to see the possible result, so I humbly suggest we set out before some Digimon tries to digivolve with it. We were supposed to depart for Setúbal, weren't we?"

"Yeah. I recall we found some help there last time. What do you reckone happened to Joao and Ryudramon?" Chronomon asked.

"I'm not sure I want to find out, you know." Tycho sighed. "I've lost too many friend since... How long was it?"

They walked away in the fading sun with that question still hanging in the air.

Azufe put Crossfire in the vehicle beofre turning to Terriermon.

"Azufe," Terriermon said, "was any of that true?"

"Not anything that Crossfire said, no. As for what the driver-Bolt, Crossfire called him-said, none of that's true for us, but I do believe it's true for others. I don't think I would ever have used eating as a metaphor, but I can see why he did. There are those who more or less live off of others. Not me, though. And you're certianly no tool."

"Are you sure? You said you were going to kill me because you wanted to get into the army. Did you use me to get where you are now?"

Terriermon's question caught Azufe off-guard. "I- um- uh- what? No- well, I guess so. I just had to fight back. My family was killed by Digimon. I had to fight back. Please forgive me, Terriermon."

"Of course, Azufe. We're friends now, right?"

"Right." With that settled, Azufe turned to more pragmatic concerns. "We need to get everyone back to base. They won't be happy about losing the hover, but I think that our four hostages will make up for it. Go grab the bomb you planted, will you?"

Terriermon slipped under the car and came out with the bomb. "Got it."

"Good. Now back away while I remove the detonator." Terriermon moves out of range while Azufe removes the detonator from the door. Terriermon gives the bomb to Jaht, and they both get in the car.

Before leaving, Azufe looks across the street to the old McDonald's where he parked the hover. "Things must be bad if even McDonalds has to shut down," he said to himself. He then turns the car on and drives toward the base.

Hawkmon and Tera walked along in silence for almost an hour till Tera spotted a mostly destroyed town. She tried her best to keep herself from heading in that direction but headed that way anyways. Hawkmon still deep in thought almost ran into a rock.

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]"Wah! Sheeesh didnt see that rock there... Where we going? That town? But I thought you didnt want to-"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=Sienna]"I dont... But we need some things and I might find some there. Once I either find something or nothing we will leave."[/COLOR][/B]

Hawkmon went silent again and just nodded and went along. In under thirty minutes they were inside the crumbling city. Hawkmon looked around and his eyes seemed to get sad. Tera noticed and spoke...

[B][COLOR=Sienna]"Dont worry about this... It probably happened a year or more ago... Not much of anything should be here either."[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]"No I dont really care about it now... Its just the hate that went into it that bothers me... I mean sure not all humans are like that but still."[/COLOR][/B]

Hawkmon flew up onto a bent and broken streetlight and looked around. He pointed his wing in the left direction and Tera just nodded. She turned right and continued down the streets. She soon came up to an old building that was somewhat there. Enough for shelter for the time being. She sqeezed between two large slabs of concrete and snuck inside. She pulled a flashlight out of her back pocket and turned it on. A bright blinding beam of light shot from one end of the flashlight and hit a nearby crumbled wall. Dust fell from the ceiling with some tiny chunks of cement and rock.

Tera saw a small clearing and carefully moved over to it. She sat down and unwrapped the chain around her shoulders. She sat it next to her in an easy place to get to in case of emergencies. With the chain she sat her long dagger like weapon. It was called The Red Flying Dragon but she didnt have a name for it or anything. Just life saver worked for her. She pulled a gun out of her back pocket and sat it nect to the red handled wavey blade.
[B]
[COLOR=DarkRed]"If you havent noticed... Tera... Its quite cold in here..."[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=Sienna]"Quit whining. If I even had stuff to make a fire I wouldnt start one... It would draw others to us and I wouldnt want the wrong type of people drawn here so no fire. Why are you complaining anyways... You have feathers for warmth..."[/COLOR][/B]

Hawkmon shrugged and sat next to her. Water dripped from cracs in the ceiling and Hawkmon looked around.

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]"Do you hear that?"[/COLOR][/B] He whispered
[B]
[COLOR=Sienna]"No... Again no i dont hear any--[/color][color=black]Crack...crash[/color][color=Sienna]--Thiiiiiing!"[/COLOR][/B] She screams as she suddenly falls through the floor.

She falls a ways screaming and then hits the ground hard. She landed sideways on a large rock and let out a wheeze of pain. Hawkmon flew in down beside her and looked around. It was pitch black... He saw light above and flew upwards and located the flashlight. He put it in his beak and flew down to Tera. He looked around the room and saw broken stairs and a door half crumpled by weight of stones. He looked in all directions and yet saw no way out.

[B][COLOR=Sienna]"See..." *cough cough* "Anything Pal?"[/COLOR][/B] She sputtered with her eyes still shut.

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]"Not a way out if thats what you mean...no... I dont see anything... Would you like me to locate your things?"[/COLOR][/B] Hawkmon asked and to her slight head not flew upwards out of the hole and over to her things.

He heard more cracking noises and sounds of large cement slabs moving. A large amount of water splashed down onto him as two huge things of stone fell. They covered the hole Tera had fallen through to a point where neither of them could squeeze through.
[B]
[COLOR=Sienna]"Wha... What happened?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Some parts of the building collapsed... I cant get back through the hole... And that door you saw is blocked too."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]"Then this... Is a problem..."[/COLOR][/B]
------------------

OOC: Now is when i need help lol.

[color=darkblue][i]Gatomon watched after the wounded Fladramon as he limped towards the city from her perch in a tree. She was surprised he actually did have it in him to get up and walk away.[/i]

"He'll be lucky if he makes it back before he passes out from blood loss." she mumbled.

[i]As much as Gatomon held the philosphy of "Do for self," she couldn't help worrying about him. He seemed to be strong enough on his own. Maybe it would be to her benefit to at the very least follow him around for a while.[/i]

"He's got to be something for me to care about him."

[i]She nimbly lept down from the thick branch and trotted after the Fladramon, careful keep enough distance as to where she wouldn't be in too much danger if he suddenly turned hostile.[/i]

"Heh. Maybe I'll even make a friend...[/color]

Deciperemon awoke fitfully. He would open his eyes, and then close them, sleeping for another few minutes. His eyes would open again, and he'd gain consciousness. The ardent smell of ripe bananas washed over him and kept his nose constantly on the alert. A loud noise jolted Deci and caused him to become fully awake. He tried to jump up swiftly, but his joints ached and his muscles were sore. Deciperemon made it about halfway up and then crumpled back down to the floor, his limbs a tangled mess.

"Yeah...you most definitely don't want to jump from high places again, Deci..." he groaned. Deciperemon staggered to his feet. The pain was much worse now that he had given his body time to rest. He leaned against a partially collapsed shelf and began to stretch. He stopped rather quickly. His arm, which had seemed to be okay after the fall, was obviously not okay.

"Egad...it's...backwards."

Indeed, Deciperemon's arm was twisted at a rather odd angle. He experimentally poked it with his other hand.

"[I][U][B]OWWW![/B][/U][/I]"

Deciperemon gritted his teeth and growled. The pain was intense. He hunched over, careful to keep his arm out of the way. His eyes were pressed tightly closed, and he was lightly swaying to and fro. Deci eventually came to rest beside what was a Help desk. He caught his breath, and then began to search the place for something that could possibly help. He searched shelf after collapsed shelf. Nothing was really left. Nothing that wasn't half-decayed, at least. Deciperemon grabbed himself a small plastic bag holder. It was basically a sack, open on both ends. He tied up the bottom end and slung the thing over his good arm.

"What I really need is someone to fight. That'd fix this arm in a jiffy."

As controversial as it sounded, the words made sense. Whenever he was harmed, Deciperemon could absorb the attack of another digimon and use it to heal himself. He hadn't seen any digimon since the Motimon ran away when he crashed. Deci limped out of the building, hoping that he could find..........well, [I]something.[/I]

"If I get eaten before I have the chance to recover, I'll be most put out."

The relentless rain pounded heavily on the roof of the car as Azufe rounded the corner. He glanced at the rear-view mirror to check make sure everyone was still out cold, when Crossfire sat up from the back seat and looked at him.
"Hey." Crossfire said calmly, as though he were just another passenger and was not, at this moment, tied up and being held hostage and about to go to prison for the rest of his life. He was just regular old Crossfire, talking calmly to this strange man driving his best friend's car. Azufe was almost slightly unnerved by Crossfire's calmness, and took a quick look at him before turning his eyes back to the road. He did not reply, Crossfire continued.
"So, you take us up to base, maybe interrogate us for a little bit, then fix up a neat little trial where we are guaranteed to rot in a little cell for the rest of our lives, the end. Right?" Azufe still did not reply, but Terriermon took a look back at Crossfire, who grinned in return. Terriermon turned his attention back to the road ahead. Crossfire chuckled.
"Bolt, here, he has short-term memory loss." Azufe looked in the rear-view mirror at Bolt, sitting, still unconcious, next to Crossfire.
"Yep, it's true. When he wakes up, he's not gonna remember where he is, and who any of us are. He's just gonna be thrown in jail with no idea why...kinda sad, huh." Azufe still didn't reply, he felt that Crossfire was just trying to beg for some kind of deal, or maybe pull something to try and break the bond between him and Terriermon. He ignored Crossfire.
"So...I was hoping I could make a deal with ya." Azufe looked back in the rear-view. He had been right, but it seemed so...unlike Crossfire, at least from what he had heard, to just come out and say something like that.
"Yeah, I said, when Bolt wakes up, he's gonna have no idea what's happening. If you let us join the army, we can tell Bolt here that he's been in the army all his life, and so he won't be hurt by anything. That's all." Azufe stared back at Crossfire.

[i]What kind of deal is that?[/i] He almost proclaimed aloud, but refused to speak, as he was sure that Crossfire was just trying to bait him somehow.
"Well, what do you get out of it? You get the world's best ex-data hunters on your side, and I give you my word that we won't try anything." Azufe rolled his eyes slightly.
"If you refuse...well...Chain, Wind and I will just have to commit suicide in prison. Then poor old Bolt stays to rot even though he can't remember why. Wouldn't that suck." Azufe stared at Crossifre and Bolt again. Were they serious? They would kill themselves just to prove a point like that? Is that what data hunting really is about?
"Yeah, I am serious. Chain'll just break both our necks, then find some way to stab or hang himself or something. Or maybe crush his head, I dunno." Crossfire continued calmly. Azufe now realized why he was acting so cool in such a situation, he had just lost all will to live. He was now just a broken man, unable to complete his job, and now about to lose his friend. He would do anything to prevent that. If the others were to commit suicide, then Bolt, if what he said was true, would no longer be a threat to them, since he would not remember being a data hunter, and the only three who would remind him would be dead. Ergo, it would be no problem at all to convince him to join the military over spending his life in prison.
"You'd do that...just for him?" Terriermon said finally, breaking the silence between the two. Crossfire cracked a small smile.
"Yeah, he's like my kid brother, and Wind and Chain both listen to me, and would help me do anything for him. He's not exactly the strongest of us, but we look out for him, just as we know, if it were one of us in his position, he would do the same for us." Crossfire said with admiration. He looked at the unconcious Bolt, who'se head rolled with the movement of the truck, hair hanging limply downwards, looking more pale than usual. Crossfire looked back up.
"I guess I'll give you some time to think about it. When we get there, and Bolt wakes up. I guarantee he won't remember a thing." Azufe still refused to reply. Crossfire just hung his head again, as though pretending he was unconcious again. Terriermon looked balefully at him, and then back at Azufe, who just continued to stare at the road. Terriermon looked back at Crossfire, who'se head hung limply at his shoulders, much like Bolt next to him. Azufe looked back at the rear-view mirror, wondering if this was what this crazy Crossfire was really all about...

[SIZE=1]OOC: And so enters the third of our main factions in this adventure ^_~

If you're confused by any of this at all, don't worry. It'll be explained in a few posts' time.[/SIZE]

--------------------------------------

[COLOR=#503F86]From space, the world looked very different to how it used to be. The land and sea had changed shape- huge chunks of countries had split apart from their continents, and huge typhoons raged across the skies, ravaging everything in their path. What little ground could be seen through the clouds was often a dark green- the Digital World's plants could sustain and nourish themselves with far greater ease than the ones that naturally inhabited the Earth.

One section of land, however, was a deep black. In the centre of the continent that was Russia, a large black crater burned into the land, canyons spreading like spider-legs across the land.

Up close, the land was deadly to walk upon. The air felt so thick it was as if it were a liquid. Crimson mists spurted from fissures in the ground, emitting a sound like a chilling scream with every release.

The canyons all led to the centre of the crater, in which stood a massive grey monolith. Its crumbling sides were supported by huge iron beams; periodically another section of the wall would collapse and fall to the dead ground.

Only Digimon could survive here.

A SkullSatamon crept up to the base of the monolith and tapped loudly on the steel frame. Within seconds, a black void ripped open on the wall in front of him. Slowly, he walked inside.

"We have been successful in retrieving two more of the artifact's pieces, my Lord. It will not be much longer until your great Ascension."

There was no vocal reply, but the air around the digimon seemed to increase in density with a low growl.

"Yes, my Lord. It shall be done."

Fladramon stopped for breath, leaning against the concrete wall of the building. The bleeding seemed to have calmed itself, but he felt incredibly drained of energy. Digimon usually healed fast, but in a world that was only half-digital it took twice as long.

The rain began to subside.

"Figures. As soon as I go inside, it stops."

He didn't mind that much. The steady trickle of raindrops down his body was a soothing feeling, but at least he could stay a little warmer now.

As he came towards the shop he'd left earlier, he noticed something standing in front of him- a small dark digimon with its arm in a sling. It built itself to as high a stance as it could and growled at Fladramon.

He sighed. "What do you want? Food? Money?" he moved to open his bag to throw out the cans of soup he'd collected.

The Digimon looked slightly put-out. "Fight me!" it shouted.

"What?"

"Fight me! Uh... please!"

Fladramon gave the digimon a tired, quizzical look. "I'm really not in the best shape for fighting rght now."

The Digimon flicked its red claws in anticipation. "I only need a little one."

"Why do you want to fight in your state?" Fladramon let out a slight laugh. He'd met a few strange digimon in his time, but never one that wanted to fight when it was clearly injured and outmatched.

Deciperemon huffed in frustration. A large digimon that wouldn't take on a direct challenge? "Do I have to explain?"

Fladramon shrugged. "It might help. I'm on my way to get medical supplies myself anyway." He grimaced as a spasm of pain shot up the left side of his body. "I don't have a lot of time."

Deciperemon noticed the bullet wound on the digimon's flank. "Nasty. How'd you get that?"

"Human shot me. How'd you get yours?"

"I fell."

Fladramon was about to reply when he noticed Deciperemon staring at something behind him. He turned his head to see the Gatomon leaning casually against a wall, seemingly ignoring them.

"You can think again if you're going to try and take me while I'm injured." Fladramon called over to the cat digimon.

"It wouldn't be worth my time." She spat.

"Then why are you following me?"

Gatomon paused. "Well... seeing as you looked so pitiful sitting in your own blood I thought I'd come and give you a helping paw. But if you're not interested-"

"No, wait." Despite the pain in his side that was slowly dissipating over his entire body, for some inexplicable reason Flamedramon didn't want either of the two digimon to leave, not just yet. He hadn't realised how much being on his own had actually affected him until now. He looked over to Deciperemon, who was inspecting his sling-rested arm.

"We could use a hand."[/COLOR]

"18 month. It's been nearly two years." Tycho looked up at the rising moon.

"Uh?" Chronomon blinked.

"We've been wandering for abouttwo years." Tycho explained.

"How come you suddenly can tell me that?" Chronomon asked.

"The moon. I counted the new moons, because there is one a month." Tycho pointed up.

"Oh... I don't think I could have done that in the Digital World, the moon is always full there. At least, it was in the region I lived in."

They had now reached the Tagus river.

"Uh, Tycho? I know I can jump a hundred yard long, but I think a kilometer is a bit too much for me."

Tycho pointed to his left to an old, dammaged and crippled suspension bridge

"Oh."

As Tycho started to climb up a pile of destroyed concrete slabs, he felt a large hand grabbing him by his neck.

"Hold on, little man. This is a kilometer-long bridges, ready to crumble down with bits falling regularly from like rain, and you seriously expect us to cross it??"

"Unless you have a better idea." Tycho pointed to the north, where the ruins of another bridge were visible "The other bridge was destroyed when Plesiomon came to Lisbon. Didn't like the taste of steel trusses, or something."

The digimon stopped ranting a moment to blankly star at the fragments of what used to be one of the longuest bridges of Europe.

"Well, that doesn't change my opinion. I'm sure crossing with a boat or anything would be safer than... Hey? Tycho!"

Tycho had finished climbing and was happily advancing between the concrete piers.

"Oh, Shitmon! I hate it when he does that." He cursed.

Two jump later, he was next to the human.

"Sometimes I wonders just why I'm following you..." He said, cautiously stepping over a twisted girder.

"Probably because it's good for your own sanity to have a nice conversation from times to times with someone who isn't going to try to kill you the next second."

[color=darkblue]"Looks like you could use a couple, if you ask me." Gatomon replied as she walked toward Flamedramon. She placed a gentle paw on the skin around his gunshot wound, but pulled it away quickly when he sucked in his breath loudly.

"Still a bit more than tender, I see."

"Obviously so." he responded, still wincing from the pain.

"Hmph. I suppose you're in more than your fair share of pain, too."

Deciperemon stared at his dislocated arm and then back at Gatomon.

"Yeah. You could say that."

Gatomon sighed and looked up at the still looming rain clouds above the city. She trotted outside on all fours and looked over her shoulder at her two new "companions."

"Listen. Stay here. I'll go and find something to help you two out. Try not to get killed while I'm gone. I'd like it best if I didn't use my time in vain."

Flamedramon and Deciperemon gave each other sidelong stares as Gatomon bounded off to who knows where.

"You think we can trust her? Doesn't seem like the most pleasant Digimon around..." Deci asked as he settled into a postion as comfortable as he could manage.

"Do we really have a choice? Plus... I really don't think she's as bad as what she makes herself seem. Digimon can put on fronts just as well as humans can. If not better."

"I suppose..."[/color]

[B][COLOR=Sienna]"Hey hawkmon... Is it still raining...?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Not really... Why?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]"Oh i just think this building could have used flooding insurence... not that it would help me now that is..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"What on earth was that sapposed to mean?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]"It means I am up to my knees in water pal... Its getting deeper too."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Thats good then. You can get up to that door..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]"No Buddy its not that simple... Just cause your blocked from getting to it doesnt mean its not blocked on the other side. There is no way for us to know...So the water will rise... The blocked off hole we are talking through will block my escape and ill drown... Gosh if only you were large..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Even if i could digivolve to either one of my two known champion forms there is no way it would work... Both are to large and would bring the rest of the place down on us."[/COLOR][/B]

At this point Tera realized what Hawkmon said was true. The space was to small for either forms... Allomon almost took out the barn and Aquilamon would just do the same. The rest of the destroyed building would crumble on top of them and neither of them would have to worry about escape...

[B][COLOR=Sienna]"As much as I would rather drown than as you this... Ill ask anyways. Could you please go out and look for like... Some help... Even if they could just move the rocks blockin my way out..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Oh.... ok... Ill try"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]"Oh take your time... I have about an hour and a half at this rate..."[/COLOR][/B]

She notices him fly off..

[B][COLOR=Sienna]"Not like Im going anywhere..."[/COLOR][/B]

Hawkmon flew out of the building in a panic. He flew up high and noticed a white dot in the distance. He flew fast and soon came up on what appeared to be a white cat digimon. He went in for a landing and crashed rolling head over heels.

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]"Oof... Hey...well... You might not be strong enough but do you think you could like move a couple really large concrete stones?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Are you saying I look weak!? If I werent already busy Id give you a lesson bird brain! Im busy... go find someone else to play demolition crew with"[/COLOR][/B]

With that the gatomon dissapered into the shadows... Hawkmon sighed and looked around... No one was around and it wasnt looking good. He hoped that the room would stop flooding because the water had began to stop.... but he could not assume that... He had to keep looking.

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]"Is there anyone out there! Anyone at all who is strong enough to move some rocks? Please my partner!.... She...Isnt there anyone ....around"[/COLOR]HIs voice faded and he looked around sadly...[COLOR=DarkRed]"Couldnt anyone help my friend?"[/COLOR][/B]
-------------------------
1) If you dont want gatomon to say it like that Pm me with some ideas please

2) I would appreciate it if SOMEONE could help... Like I said before it sucks to play alone...