OtakuBoards

Otakula: Dead and Modding it

Gavin

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]Well as you may or may not have guessed, this is a play on the spoof Dracula Dead and Loving it, I wrote this on a bit of a laugh and if it becomes successful so much the better. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]Now as with OB: Enter the Net this will feature other OB members as guest appearance however as I'm not familiar with many members I may not be able to include as many as Solo has.[/color][/size][/font]
[center][font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]-------------------------[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b][u]Chapter One: Business with the Count[/u][/b][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Our tale begins in a dark corner of the Adventure Arena known as Transyltakia, inhabited by only a handful of strange members and not often visited by the Moderators. A worn, wooden carriage travels upon an ancient, dusty road making it's way towards a small but friendly village. Inside the carriage are two very different people, one is a resident of the area, but the other is not from around these parts and decides to introduce himself to be polite.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Ah, how do you do ? I'm Shinmaru Shinfield solicitor from Lontaku.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Jokopoko:[/b] Ah an Otaku, me and Solo we love the Otakus, isn't that right ? [[i]Looks to his dog[/i]][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Solo:[/b] Woof...Woof.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Jokopoko:[/b] Solo says he likes the Otakus very much.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Um, thank you.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Some slight turbulence on the road causes Shinfield to feel a little ill.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] I must admit I'm not used to these Transyltakian roads, I'm feeling a bit queasy.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Jokopoko:[/b] Queasy eh ? I will ask the driver to go slower. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]He leans out the window to speak to the driver but is unfortunately struck by a passing branch, knocking him back in unconscious. The dog named Solo barks once and attempts to lean out the window too but is struck by a passing mailbox leaving it in the same condition as it's owner. Shinfield lets out a small sigh and leans out the window himself to speak to the driver...[/i] [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] I say driver can you slow down a bit.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Yoda:[/b] Down I will slow, when to the village I get.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Are you sure you can't slow do-[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Shinfield himself is now struck by a frying pan attached to a near-by pole and falls back into the carriage with a broken nose.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Ow, I do say this hurts quite a bit. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]A violent stop causes him to fly to the other side of the carriage embedding himself in the woodwork and injuring his broken nose even further. [/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] [[i]Muffled[/i]] Ooof, ohhhhh...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Yoda:[/b] Arrived we have, all off.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] I saw could I have a little help here ?, I seem to be caught somehow.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Yoda:[/b] [[i]Sighs loudly[/i]] Foolish Otaku.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Using his mastery of the Force, the driver removes the occupants of the carriage and places them neatly on their feet. Shinfield looks around puzzled and goes to get back into the carriage and continue his journey, the driver closes the door and Shinfield speaks in a rather annoyed tone.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] I say driver what are you doing ?, I'm supposed to go on to the castle.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Yoda:[/b] Too dark, I go no further.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Too dark ?, it's 12:15 P.M., it won't be dark for hours, and the castle is only a fifteen minute ride from here.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Yoda:[/b] Ahhh... [[i]thinks[/i]] Hey look over there, a man got hit by a runaway cart, could cause a lawsuit.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Where ? I'm a solicitor I'll have you know.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Yoda:[/b] Idiot... Onwards !!![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Slapping the reins, the driver and carriage disappeared in a cloud of smoke, leaving Shinfield at the hands of the village people. Shinfield looked about, a little confused at what had happened not realising the "lawsuit" was merely a ruse to fool him, scratching his head, he picked up his bags and decided he would walk to the castle if he had to. A nearby villager saw what he intended to do and questioned him apprehensively.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] You're going on tonight ?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Yes I'm going on to the Castle.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Numerous People:[/b] [[i]In chorus[/i]] The Castle ?!![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] [[i]Puzzled by their concern[/i]] Yes, [[i]Regaining his composure[/i]] I'm scheduled to meet Count Otakula.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Metatron:[/b] Otakula ?![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Dagger IX1:[/b] Otakula ?![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Radghast:[/b] Otakula ?![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Drix D'Zanth:[/b] Scheduled ?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Shinfield once again looked confused but brushed it off to avoid looking foolish.[/i] [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Yes I have business with the Count.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] No, you must not go !![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Why not ?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] We people of the Mountains believe that Vamptakus live at the castle.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] [[i]Less confident[/i]] Vamptakus[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] [[i]Very seriously[/i]] Yes, they are the Unbanned, they rise from their MyOtaku's at night.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Vicky:[/b] [[i]In a creepy voice[/i]] Yes...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]The odd woman moved forward speaking in the same creepy tone as before.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Vicky:[/b] They take the form of Agents or Mini-Agents on hang-gliders, and puncture the chests of their victims and steal both their post count and quality...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]The old woman made quite an odd noise with her throat at the end of each sentence, making Shinfield even more nervous than before.[/i] [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Surely that's just superstition.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] No, Madame Vicky is right...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Horrified murmurs could be heard through waves of people who had heard the old woman tell these stories to every stranger that came to the village.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Vicky:[/b] Please my son, take this Mod-Rod.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Oh, no, no thank you.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Vicky:[/b] Oh, take the Mod-Rod, its revered powers will shield you from the lurking dangers.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Oh, no, no really I can't.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Vicky:[/b] [[i]Slapping him[/i]] Damn it take the Rod.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Of course...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Vicky:[/b] That'll be a 50 Rupees.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][i]Shinfield hands the strange woman the money and with that she exits the square making the same strange sound with her neck.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] Well if I have to walk, I have to walk.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] Please don't go, I beg of you !![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] You don't understand, I'm expected, well goodbye ![/color][/size][/font]
[center][font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]-------------------------[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]Well that's it for the first Chapter, I'll be reading any replies with great interest and shall be posting the next chapter promptly. I'd like to thank both James and anyone else I spoke to about this for their support that has allowed me to write this.
[/color][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1][B]That was great! Sounds really interesting, and the whole idea sounds cool! Heh, a Fanfic I'm in, pretty good. The part where Solo, Jokopoko and Shinfield get hit by the branches is funny! Great work, seriously, I can't wait for the next chapter! Hehe.[/SIZE][/B]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Well thanks to everyone (all two of you) who've read this and replied, I really enjoyed writing it and will do my best to keep it as funny as I can. As Vicky pointed out I did actually enjoy writing the carriage bit more than any other part because I could be original and not try to co-incide with the movie.

Brolli I'll do my best to find you a suitable part, the problem with this is that there are so few recurring characters you may only feature once or twice. However I shall attempt to add a few more characters where possible.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]I've decided to give a character list for those who will feature in this on a fairly recurring basis and who they correspond to on Otakuboards. I've decided to go back to the idea from the original book in allowing a few suitors to the Lucy/Annie character.

[b][u]Main Characters:[/u][/b]

Count Otakula - James[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Shinmaru Shinfield - Shinmaru[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Professor Van Heisting - Myself[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Professor Joshua Nuttera - Shy [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Annie Nuttera - Annie[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Mina Shagood - Raiha [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Joshua Harker (Engaged to Mina) - Baron Samedi[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Desmond Nadbreak (Suitor to Annie) - Desbreko[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Drix Sharp - (Another Suitor) Drix D'Zanth[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Anthony Gamer Another Suitor) - Semjaza Azazel[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Solo the Dog (pet of Van Heisting) - Solo Tremaine[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Bob the Insane Assylum Guy - Boba Fett[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Phil (Bob's brother and co-worker) - MajinVegeta[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Dom (Bob and Phil's father and boss) Dragon Warrior [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Yoda the Carriage Guy - Yoda[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]That's all I can really think of but I shall endeavour to add more where possible.[/size][/font]

[color=mediumturquoise]Mina Shagood?!? I mean really now, a crossover between LXG and Austin Powers is a bit much.. ....but I suppose I should be grateful my darling husband included me in the first place.

You better make me sexy or I'll sue your butt off.[/color]

[font=Verdana][size=1]I found that my favorite part was the following:[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][i][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] We people of the Mountains believe that Vamptakus live at the castle.

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Shinfield:[/b] [Less confident] Vamptakus[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][b]Knight of the Rose:[/b] [Very seriously] Yes, they are the Unbanned, they rise from their MyOtaku's at night.[/color][/size][/font]
[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]The inclusion of the MyOtakus was just great. I thought it really fit in the context, and it was very clever and witty. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]My advice for this piece is that, while you keep in mind you're writing about vampires, you just be as original as you want. You don't really need to have the same as Dracula Dead and Loving It. Even if you just have the same basic plot: Lawyer goes to Dracula, something happens, it gets resolved [I haven't actually seen Dead and Loving It]. That way, you have some direction. Then just continue writing what you want. I mean, it's about creativity, I think, so if you feel like writing a scene, write it, hee. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]But well done, and please post some more.
[/size][/font]