OtakuBoards

Harry Potter Movie 3!

Nehszriah

Guest Spike88
Yea it looks pretty good. I hope this new director doesn't screw it up to bad. My question is if the first director did a great job then why change. Anyways who all is going to go see it when it comes out I mean who is a devoted fan and will be there the very day it comes out. Now me I'm not that obsessed but I might be there the first week or so besides htat ohh well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]LIKE HELL I'M PEEVED OFF AT SIRIUS!!!! HE'S SUPPOSSED TO BE ORLANDO, BUT OLDER!!![/COLOR]
[/SIZE][COLOR=DarkRed]*shrinks into fetal position* Not Sirius... no... no... *sniff* *sucks thumb* :( [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I really can't wait to see the new movie. I'm super excitied but I hope they didn't cut too much out from the book. I was really disappointed when they cut out the two fight scenes from the second movie but I did like it.

Someone said that they didn't like the kids who played the characters because they were 16 playing 13yr olds, or something like that. That's not true, the actors(except for Tom Felton who is 18) were 13 at the time of filming and are 14 now so basically they can relate to what the characters are going through in the movie.

Now about Sirius Black. I was hoping they did have a better looking guy. When I imagined Sirius, I imaginbed an simi handsome guy with long black hair. I guess beggers can't be choosers. However Gary Oldman is a good actor so it should be okay.

You brainless fan girls its not about how the guy who plays Sirus looks, but how good he acts if you get a guy who's hot and can't act that won't help a movie.

I know for a fact the new Harry Potter will be good the problem with the other movies was a movie is supposed to have a Climax or a breaking point that catches the readers attention since Harry Potter has chapters almost every Chapter has a Climax and the resolution is usually reached in the next Chapter. A movie can only have one climax and one resolution, but the last director tried to put in every climax from the book in the movie and it did not work the way it was supposed to.

PS: Rupert I believe his name is the boy who plays Harry let it slip in the interview there will be a fifth movie and that Cho Chang will be in it yet he doesn't know who will play her or how long they will make the fifth movie out to be I myself am hoping for a good 5 to 6 hour movie or at least 4 hours and 30 mins.

I hope I wasn't included in that brainless fangirl comment...^^

From clips I seen fom the third movie, it looks like this one maybe the best so far hoewever I heard it was a bit shorter than the first two. I also hope that the next movies are longer. If they can't do four or five they could at least do three and a half hours.

I think that this movie my be better due to the change of directors. With a new director it means a new style. I think that a change of style sometimes keeps a story/movie interesting. People said that they do want the new director to screw up but it looks like he is doing a good job. I think that by having the actors putting a bit of themselves in the charcters, the story will become a bit believable.

P.S. The guy that plays Harry is Daniel Radcliffe.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I've seen it yersterday! It shows earlier in our country. Well I really love the book but I go to see the movies so my imagination can really work its way with the characters and settings and all.

For the first movie, the experience was great since it was the first time Harry is depicted in the flesh. Imaginations roaming around and it's just wonderful seeing the characters moving! The second movie was a little off. Nothing was new and it certainly bored me a little.

No spoilers this time. Just a review. But the third movie is just so different from the other two. Alfonso Cuaron, the new diretor gave it a really different touch. There are new sceneries and the opening and ending was different but gave a touch of the previous ones. The ending credits was very creative. The characters were okay. The storyline based from the book is a little twisted though. Some parts that should have been shown earlier was shown in the end. (I'm not going to tell what!). The drama was too short too. I remember myslef shed a tear in the end part of the book but the movie didn't do that.

All in all, I say Alfonso Cuaron was superb. I hope the next movie is even better.[/COLOR]

Sweet! The only thing I'm looking foward to lately is the movie, considering I've been told I'm a brainless fangirl, which isn't true, a puny freshman who knows nothing (not true either (to an extent)) and a stupid obsessor. Yes, I'm excited about the movie and am quite devout to I think 16 diffrent anime/mangas and don't really get good grades in school, but I don't obsess over other things that the ones bashing on me do. Ex.: hair, clothes, makeup, relationships, reality T.V. ect... I just am glad that I finally get to see the new HP movie, so can it all you spineless ingrates! :flaming: *twitch*

Guest Vanilla H
POA(prisoner of azkaban) is gonna be GREAT :luv: poor dracos gonna get hit.... i luv his new hair style i was getting tired of that really really gelly hair.

OMG, my friend and I were so excited to hear that it was coming out. Tonight we're gonna order our tickets online so we dont have to go all the way to the movies ot find out it's sold out of tickets (beleive me....its happened before). I wasn't much into the books, but I loved the movies. They were awsome!!!

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=sienna]I am excited as everyone else here is. It is going to be awesome. I hope the director and the actors and everyone else involved in this movie actually do the book some justice. I hated Chamber of Secrets and Sorcerer's Stone had a lot of parts missing that were included in the book. I hope they do not do that in this movie, but I have a feeling they will. Me and a group of friends are also buying tickets early so that we have a chance to get in. Last movie was horrid. Everything was sold out, so we ended up just sneaking in and finding some seats luckily. I can't wait for tomorrow![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d]-ry[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Vanilla H']POA(prisoner of azkaban) is gonna be GREAT :luv: poor dracos gonna get hit.... i luv his new hair style i was getting tired of that really really gelly hair.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]*smiles big* :love: Tom Felton... Hehe!!! *starts to drool* :tasty: *catches self* Damn! Maybe I am just a brainless fangirl! *thinks for a long time* Nah...[/COLOR]

Just saw the movie this morning (10 AM, baby ^_^), and I must say that it was coolness.

The whole feel of the movie was different, but great, compared to the previous two. Everything just felt so... dark. And it's so wierd to see the characters grown up. I do have some nitpicks with it though. There were some changes that were small, but still managed to bug me, [spoiler]like the Firebolt being given to Harry at the end of the movie or the part where they explained Sirius, Lupin, James, and Peter's nicknames, and I think they should have explained what the Dementor's Kiss was (my mom was confused as to what that was since she didn't read the third book and I don't think they explained what it was, unless I missed it), and wasn't Hagrid's place in a flat area, not near a hill (man do I pay attention to little details, lol)?[/spoiler]. I thought the actors playing Lupin and Sirius were great, but I think Lupin should be without the mustache and Sirius without the beard, course, I don't Sirius would have time to shave, considering where he came from...

Besides my nitpicks, the movie was brilliant. I can't wait to see the next one, whenever that'll be.

[quote name='xmystic_silverx][color=red][size=1]One thing I noticed is that in Harry Potter, Sirius Black is supposed to be handsome... but then why did they get Gary Oldman to play him? His last name says it all "Old Man" haha! He's not handsome at all! And Remus, in my opinion should look just as good as Sirius, he always does in doujinshi and stuff, but I didn't get a good enough look on the commercail to see what he looks like.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[color=crimson][size=1]AMEN SISTER! That is exactly my gripe with what I've seen on the previews. It takes away from the dream like fantasy that you always have about Sirius Black when such an ugly man is playing him. He's supposed to be scruffily sexy. Eh, or something like that. ^_^;

Anyway, I'm only going to see the movies just to see what exactly they've done to third book, which ties for my favorite with the fourth one. I have my tickets already, but I'm not going to see it until later on tonight, at 9:55. But I am really excited, despite all the disappointments I'm sure to have with it. Oh well. Books and cinema never really do compare.

And for those of you who HAVEN'T read the books, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. I can't even describe to you how much better the books are than the movies. Well, maybe I could, but it would take a pretty long time.[/color][/size]

[color=firebrick] *raises eyebrow* Didn't anyone read my post? In the book it said Sirius [b]used[/b] to be handsome. But I still imagine him as a sexy beast. :) >_> But anyways, you can't blame the casting because there's proof in the book. Besides, would we want a crappy actor who was good-looking or a good actor that's crappy-looking?

Yeah, ok, don't answer that.

I have one tiny question about the movie, for those who have seen it. Are there any quidditch scenes? If there are, I'm officially angry, since they booted Sean Biggerstaff [Oliver Wood] off of the third movie. He is the best-looking cast member and everone here knows it. *superior look* Or something. I've heard good reviews so far...I've actually enjoyed the two movies, but I'm totally for a darker and new vision for the third book. That's the book where everything does get sort of dark, right? It's my favorite one as well.

I usually don't compare book-made-movies to each other anymore, because I think it's sort of pointless. Literature and films are two different things, and personally, I love love love movies. I did think the LoTR movies were better than the books. *shrugs* [/color]

[QUOTE=maladjusted][color=firebrick]
I have one tiny question about the movie, for those who have seen it. Are there any quidditch scenes? If there are, I'm officially angry, since they booted Sean Biggerstaff [Oliver Wood] off of the third movie. [/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah there is one Quidditch scene, in fact, I was wondering where Wood was. I didn't know the guy got booted off.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Huge Harry Potter fan atleast of the book series and I got out of school early to see the third movie today. I have to say I fell asleep on the first two movies but even rteading the books this one kept me on the edge of my seat. Best movie yet Sirius Black is by far the best character of the series and Lupin is great as well. This movie was alot darker then the first two and managaed to scare 2 or 3 kids in the theather I was in into crying ( mostly the dementor scenes) I would eve go as far as seeing this film a second time I really hope they get back this films director because he really captures the feeling of the books. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick] *raises eyebrow* Didn't anyone read my post? In the book it said Sirius [b]used[/b'] to be handsome. [/color][/quote]

Exactly. The look of Sirius, as it was described in the book, was nailed pretty well in the movie - he looks aged, gaunt and insane. Do people seriously expect Sirius to look "scruffily sexy" straight out of Azkaban prison? lol

Anyway, I saw the movie yesterday and I was impressed with it. First, though, I'll gripe out what I didn't like, which was the pace of the movie (the same problem I had with the first two movies, as a matter of fact). Since there's so much stuff going on the novel, every action in the movie is shot off at a rapid-fire pace and that makes everything a bit disorienting after a while. The pacing made each scene appear "shorter" than they actually were, if that makes any sense at all.

Plus, you have the obligatory cutting of scenes from the book, but I didn't really have many gripes with that (though, I was slightly miffed that [spoiler]Harry receiving the Firebolt was pretty much treated as an afterthought[/spoiler]).

Other than that, I enjoyed the movie. I especially enjoyed all the subtle touches that added to the dark ambience of the movie. If you've read the novel, there's no question that it has a dark undertone to it and I think that it was pulled off pretty nicely in the film. Prisoner of Azkaban didn't try to hit you over the head and yell "HEY, THE MOOD IS SUPPOSED TO BE DARK!!!111" at the top of its lungs, which I appreciated (things like the dark, drab clouds and the ringing of the clock bells while Harry, Ron and Hermione were walking to their classes are the touches that I'm referring to).

I also thought that David Thewlis did a great job as Lupin. He pretty much nailed Lupin's idiosyncracies, as far as I'm concerned. I was a bit less impressed with Gary Oldman's performance as Sirius Black, but that's maybe a bit unfair, since [spoiler]Sirius isn't really in that much of the movie, anyway[/spoiler]. I felt that his fits of insanity were a bit overacted, but it wasn't too bad, since it could have been far worse. Gary Oldman did an admirable job with everything else related to Sirius, in my opinion.

However, I was most impressed with Tom Felton. In the first Harry Potter movie, he was little more than annoying, in my opinion. He showed improvement during the second movie, but this movie is where he made visible strides, heh. He was fantastic as Malfoy - every scene with him was great, haha.

So, yeah, I was impressed with the movie. It wasn't the most incredible movie I've ever seen in my life, but it made for a fun time and it was worth the money to see it, which is really all that matters.

[color=firebrick] Yeah, villains always have the hard acting part. I always thought Tom Felton was did a better acting job than Daniel Radcliffe, since his character is probably more different than himself. I do admit I hated him the second movie, though. And the bowl-cut, bleh. Lol.

Everyone is saying that all the young actors really show their stuff in the third movie, but I'm still thinking it's not too great.

P.S. Did they have to change Dumbledore again? I heard he died or...something. O_o[/color]

The movie was awsome, I didn't read any of the books but oh well. It was long like all the others, there was gonna be a lot og ppl. at Regals, so we decided to go to Flags (less exspencive as well ^.^) The only thing I didn't like about the movie was Dumbldorf, the new actor was all mello and hippy-like, if only the old one didn't have to die *many tears* :(

[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick']P.S. Did they have to change Dumbledore again? I heard he died or...something. O_o[/color][/quote]

Yeah, he passed away.

I don't know what you mean by "again". It was the same guy, Richard Harris, in both of the first two films.

I saw the movie and I loved it! The effects in the movie was amazing and it was really funny. Sure, they didn't stay true to the book in some areas but who cares right? I wish that they added more to the movie. It seemed shorter than the other two.

Gary Oldman did a great job playing Sirius Black. Oh and I wonder why they changed some of the places around a bit? Well it makes it look better but still I wonder about that.

I can't wait to see the next movies.

[color=crimson][size=1]It figures I'd forget what I was going to say as soon as I started typing.

Oh yes! Do you all remember the part where Arthur Weasley is in the Leaky Cauldron and he's talking to Harry about how he's going to die and all that stuff about Sirius Black? Well, in the background there were those two posters of Sirius and he was making this insane face and me and my friend Morgan could NOT stop laughing. We were laughing hysterically. It was supposed to be this serious part and yet we just couldn't stop. Morgan's brother thought we were absolutely insane. I didnt' even really hear the dialouge at that part.

Fred and George were so HOT in this movie. They were so hot, it made me want to cry. That's what I always imagined the twins to look like.[/color][/size]