OtakuBoards

Yu Yu Hakusho

Dagger

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shows started over as all of you said. I don't have money to buy DVD's so I'm in a bad position myself. My overall interpretation of the sereis is simple. It is fighting with nice fighting. I really liked it. I am just so mad that they had to restart it. Oh well they also say that what is new is old and what is old is new. I would like to see some good episodes over again. Some things I do hate about watching the re-runs is that you sometimes want to go into the tv and start smacking them because they don't know as much as you do. That is some pure dramatic irony right there. I thought that [spoiler]when Gen Kai came back it was kind of weird. I think it killed the story just a bit right there. Gen Kai coming back after she died from a punch to the chest is not that amusing to me.[/spoiler] Oh well. Heie though is one bad *** demon. His attack he gets in the tournament is one of the best I have seen. I really liked it when he used it to disintigrate that one guy. Yep that is for me. Powerful attacks and people to use it on. The meaning, in my eyes, why people have these powers in animes. I don't care if someone has something against what I say it is my opinion. This is why I like these threads. No one can denie opinion. Go opinions.
As far as it ending I will join in on the group that is sadden right now. *Walks over to group.* *Starts to cry and sob* :crying:

I guess I agree with you guys. Seeing the repeats won't be a problem for me. In fact, I love watching the final uncut episodes of Chapter Black on DVD again and again. However, I would have trouble watching the episodes I don't have on DVD. The edited versions cannot even be compared to the uncut episodes!!!

[quote name='Reikai Hitokiri']You know what they say..."All good things must come to an end,"... *starts to cry*[/quote]

aint it the truth tho << just when it was getting really good and they got the SOB tugero out of the way they have to start it again when the series is almost over, i think that its just cuz they know that many people watch toonami any more just so they can see it and the few shows after, so they are trying to keep it alive for longer. but anyways, we should salute yusuke for a good run. remember the good times, which have numbered few, but still we should try to enjoy the last days of this hero's glory XD

Guest Foxdemongirl
I watched almost every episode of Yu Yu Hakusho. I LOVE IT!!!!! I'm glade catoon network is airing it now because I've been craving some new ones. It has been one of the best show well among many other good ones. Well you can IM me at yahoo: starshinemoonnight.

Foxdemongirl :p

[QUOTE=xmystic_silverx]You can go to animecastle.com and get them a week earlier than the release date or just wait 5 days after the release date and buy them at suncoast for about $20. They usually lower they're prices by then.

Thanks for telling me about that site. Sorry it took me so long to comment. Ya I buy everything on animecastle now. Yay, I can afford to buy the unedited versions of YYH! :wigout: I like suncoast as well, but I still find they are not as cheap as animecastle.

I've just stopped watching YYH on Cartoon Network now. I mean ya it's nice to see some of the shows over again, but I still wish they wouldn't restart it so often. Well I'm also reading YYH through Shonen Jump so since they are just starting on the Dark Tournament it's like I'm getting two reruns. :(

[QUOTE=XcXChezaXcX]
I've just stopped watching YYH on Cartoon Network now. I mean ya it's nice to see some of the shows over again, but I still wish they wouldn't restart it so often. Well I'm also reading YYH through Shonen Jump so since they are just starting on the Dark Tournament it's like I'm getting two reruns. :([/QUOTE]

Same here... I'd rather read YYH on Shonen Jump because it's almost the same thing, if not, the same thing as watching the uncut DVDs. I like to see the old episodes again every once in a while.

I can't say I'm too torn up about the fact that YYH will be ending relatively soon... after all, I'm still waiting for Funi to announce the Chapter Black box sets. :p

Though I did enjoy the TV episodes for a time, I'm the kind of person who has serious trouble remembering to watch new episodes (the schedule changes didn't help too much in that regard), especially when an alternative is available. And given how I like to marathon this type of show, I figured I might as well have a go at watching Chapter Black and the arc which follows thereafter in big chunks rather than a little bit, week by week.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Well, today is the official release of the first of the Final Four DVD's: Volume 29: "Bandits and Kings" a.k.a The formal introduction of Yoko Kurama's past. I'll try to keep you all posted on the release dates and such of Yu Yu Hakusho.

So far, what I've got from Media Play's online site is that the next DVD, Volume 30: King Urameshi, will come out on April 19th.

Dates are subject to change and like I said, I will try to keep you posted on the latest Yu Yu news.

Your Yu Yu Hakusho guide,

*~Jung-Woo~*[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest Priestess Kikyo
[B]My mom is a big fan of YYH so she bought me all the episodes from the Dark Tournament to the end. I don't remember to watch it on tv anymore.[/B]

Guest Hieis Black Cat
I really like YYH too, but my mother fails to see the point in it. She saids it's "Just a stupid cartoon." I fight with her all the time! I record the episodes every weekend! But now I can't because it's being replace by something else...T^T Right when Hiei is supposed to come on they take it off! I can't remember that episode very well, so when I get the money, On the 19th , I'll go out and buy King Urameshi and The Dark Artifacts! Soo...yeah...

[quote name='Hieis Black Cat']I really like YYH too, but my mother fails to see the point in it. She saids it's "Just a stupid cartoon."[/quote]

My mom is some-what like that. She doesn't understand why I like it but she doesn't tell me that its stupid. She might make fun of it by saying the names incorrectly on purpose but thats about it. I think the thing that parents don't seem to see about anime is that its not like cartoons in America. It's not a "kid" show but then is not so inappropriate that it's for adults.

The DVD after King Urameshi, if I heard right, is supposed to come out in June and then the last DVD in August.

If you haven't bought "Bandits and Kings" yet then you should do so. The only thing that I don't get is why they changed Kurama's brother's name.

We all know rumors fly around on the web about these two being gay. Question is do you think they are? In my own opinion, and I have to be opened minded about this because I'm a big Hiei and Kurama fan...I think they have deep feelings for each other that go beyound the normal friendship of others but I don't think they would ever let it show through to much. I once read on a website where the guy that made Yu Yu Hakusho had answered the question to whether or not Hiei and Kurama were meant to be gay. The creator responded with...he didn't mean for them to be gay but only be close friends but it's the way you see it. They can go either way. And that was his response. So I want to know what you think on the matter. :catgirl:

It's not canon, if that's what you're asking (in which case you already provided the most reasonable answer to your own question, heh). Their friendship receives less of an emphasis than one might think, given how popular the pairing is. I'm not complaining, though--Yu Yu Hakusho has a wee bit of canon shounen-ai here and there, if I recall correctly (involving different characters, of course), and that's much more than most blockbuster fighting series will ever have to offer.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Woo! Here we go, a comment about Kurama and Hiei being more than just friends. Hopefully this forum doesn't turn into a serious catfight between fangirls (remembering a good old forum back at funimation... good times XD).

I totally agree with you. I also think that they may have some deep feelings for each other that don't really seem to reach the surface (sadly T^T).

I think most people who are fans have all looked around the internet to see what Yoshihiro Togashi actually said about the situation and they were either full of joy or brought down by the fact that they weren't originally made for each other (coughmyselfcough).

It's just something the fans have to pick out for themselves. Do they want to see them together, or not? I mean, you're not gonna stop someone from writing yaoi fanfictions or another from flamming that same fanfic.

Guest Hieifan13
[[FONT=Book Antiqua]COLOR=DarkRed]Yu Yu Hakusho is actually my favorite anime I love many others but none is quite like yyh. (Hiei rocks) I really love the plot and all the twists and turns and characters I own many of the dvds including my favorite that includes Hiei's past Three Kingdoms yeah! :animeswea [/COLOR] [SIZE=4]undefined[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Hieifan13][[FONT=Book Antiqua]COLOR=DarkRed]Yu Yu Hakusho is actually my favorite anime I love many others but none is quite like yyh. (Hiei rocks) I really love the plot and all the twists and turns and characters I own many of the dvds including my favorite that includes Hiei's past Three Kingdoms yeah! :animeswea [/COLOR] [SIZE=4]undefined[/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

Hey...I got Three Kingdoms to. I really like that one to considering I to am also a big Hiei Fan. Hiei Fans will rule the world! Mwahahaha...along side the Kurama Fans. :animeswea

Umm...has anyone else noticed that even if some of us did remember to watch Yu Yu Hakusho on tv, [COLOR=Red]IT'S NOW OFF THE AIR!?[/COLOR] It really is-and Zatch Bell replaced it! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I may have most of the episodes on VHS and DVD, but I still liked watching it on Cartoon Network anyway!

Rurouni Kenshin's gone too...what is Cartoon Network thinking? They suck!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=Pink]Anika Rose is right. The people who run Toonami do suck. Yu Yu Hakusho was the main reason I would watch TV at 9:30 on a Saturday night! The same with Ruroni Kenshin! They were the best until it was time for the Adult Swim block.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]