OtakuBoards

Yu Yu Hakusho

Dagger

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]
Anyway, I really enjoyed Saturday's episode, "Beneath Bui's Armor." It's always nice to see Hiei back in action, and this fight is going to be a lot more exciting than I expected. Hiei's victories are usually the quickest and the easiest (just as Kurama's battles are often the most brutal and Kuwabara's the longest and/or most tedious). I'm almost positive that Hiei will be able to defeat Bui, but I can't wait to find out how.
[/QUOTE]

[color=plum]That was a good fight. Sadly I can't watch it whenever I want. I don't have the DVD of Sword and Dragon. I got the last two of the DT though. What episode what on last saturday? I didn't watch.

Elder Toguro's fight lasts atleast one episode. Its about half of two episodes and it's the shortest fight yet. Dagger, I'm getting the feeling that you don't like long fights? Well, I hope you can hang on for Yusuke vs. Toguro. It's extremely long but its really good. I don't think you will get bored. Its not just repeated punching and throwing energy at each other.[/color]

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I really hate long match-ups. I didn't think the Yusuke vs. Toguro fight was [i]that[/i] exciting, mainly because Toguro is--in my opinion--a pretty boring character. However, I actually enjoyed watching it a lot more than I had expected.

Think back to episode 8, if you will. That's the last segment of the "Artifacts of Darkness" arc, in which Yusuke beats Hiei and reclaims the Koma no Ken (the sword that turns people into low-level demons; I forget what it's called in English). Anyway, I re-watched episode 8 last night. I've heard a theory--though I can't remember where I read or saw it--that the Koma no Ken was actually controlling Hiei. Even if this isn't stated directly anywhere in the Yu Yu Hakusho manga or anime, I'm completely convinced of its veracity.

Regardless of which language you see episode 8 in, it's blatantly obvious that Hiei is acting totally out of character. While I know he changes somewhat over the course of the series, only the most drastic of personality shifts could explain his behavior. Hiei rants on and on, underestimates his opponent, is ridiculously careless and even shows Yusuke his true form. In this episode, he's almost like a caricature of his regular self--much more arrogant, overconfident and talkative.

Moreover, it's hard to believe Yusuke could actually defeat him at this early point in the anime, even when aided by Kurama and dumb luck. The only possible explanation is that the Koma no Ken can manipulate its user. Perhaps gaining domination of the human world was as much the sword's goal as Hiei's, and it influenced Hiei's emotions accordingly. It's also probable that Kurama had figured out what was going on, which would have given him an added reason to intervene in Hiei and Yusuke's fight.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AnimeDesire
yes yyh is among my top fave 3 shows becuz (here it comes) they don't DRAG out the fites as much. like dbz or especially dbgt the fites go on forever that it gets kinda boring, but yyh has a perfect balance of their normal life , comedy, anf cool fiting scenes ;) and.... I LOVE HIEI TOO!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

[color=hotpink][size=1]I should have known she was banned, lol. So much for that small warning. :rolleyes: *QA*[/color][/size]

Guest MidnightKitsune
In episode 8, I think Hiei may have believed that no human is any more than a weakling, therefore just tried to attack head on and show off his strength. Don't get me wrong, I love Hiei as a character, but you have to admit, his attitude in the earliest episodes to the latest is... questionable. ^^;;
But it is hard to believe that Yusuke would actually beat him.. in the start of the show, he was so hot-headed to never consider any type of strategy, and wouldn't exactly take Hiei's arrogantness to his advantage.. Perhaps under the stress of losing Keiko, he didn't have to think. That seems to happen in quite a few animes, actually.. *shrugs*
Maybe I'm thinking back to the wrong episode.. it's been a while since I've seen the early episodes of the series.

This Anime has got to be on the top of anyone's list if they've given it a chance.

The music has the right mood and timing. The theme songs are memorable, though short.

They really know how to pull the viewer in, hell I cry everytime I see the first episode during the Wake part and I'm one of those Boys don't cry types. Everytime things get desperate I can't help but get overcome with emotion.

The way the fights are portrayed is perfect, for example when Yusuke beats up "Doctor" eachshot of Yusuke's incoming first made it seems all the more painful. Probably their greatest feat is they don't make DBZ's mistake,Big DB/Z fan and I admit this one, they don't drawout the fights too far. Fights are always 1-3 episodes long,a perfect length.

I could go on for hours on this anime,but I think this sums up how I feel about this anime pretty well.

The best length for fights, I think, would be from 1-2 episodes. Maybe three if I really like the characters.

I agree, Toguro really isn't that exciting. I've only watched that DVD once because I always drift off somewhere in between. Too much Toguro, I'm sorry he just... he's not a really bad, bad guy and thats why I think he's a little dull. He doesn't want to take over the world, he doesn't want to punish the human race. He just wants Yusuke to beat him. He wants a good fight and he feels bad for leaving Genkai. So yeah.

Oh boy, I have no idea where the series is on TV anymore. I just got "In the Blood" and I'll be getting my next one on October 5th. Now Sensui, he's a real bad guy. He's a human, and [spoiler]former spirit detective[/spoiler], who wants to kill off the entire human race including himself.

He gathers up 5 physics, one being a child and not knowing that Sensui wants to kill everyone and when he finally finds out Sensui's initial plan [spoiler]after Kurama had told him[/spoiler] it's extremely sad and [spoiler]he ends up dead. Sensui made it so they had no choice to kill them off. He's a man who only cares for himself and his purpose (quote from Hiei).[/spoiler]

I LOVE Yu Yu!! It's a great anime and manga, atlest of the manga I've read, seen whatever..But I love it!!! I love Hiei and Kurama, they're both so Hot! I like the new episodes too so far, I hope the shadow guy is ok though, he's cute too. I've seen pics of Hiei and Yuska fighting again, I think that in a soon to be seen episode, hiei will be controled, and have you noticed that he's been missing in action?? That just adds to that possibility, but I'm not completly sure on this, but you never know, the phykick(srry can't spell it) might be powerful enogh to control Hiei's mind, man I feel sorry for the phykick, lol. But on second thought Yuska and Hiei might have just been training, ok I'm done rambling :babble: seeya!

[quote name='ShortySilly16']I LOVE Yu Yu!! It's a great anime and manga, atlest of the manga I've read, seen whatever..But I love it!!! I love Hiei and Kurama, they're both so Hot! I like the new episodes too so far, I hope the shadow guy is ok though, he's cute too. I've seen pics of Hiei and Yuska fighting again, I think that in a soon to be seen episode, hiei will be controled, and have you noticed that he's been missing in action?? That just adds to that possibility, but I'm not completly sure on this, but you never know, the phykick(srry can't spell it) might be powerful enogh to control Hiei's mind, man I feel sorry for the phykick, lol. But on second thought Yuska and Hiei might have just been training, ok I'm done rambling :babble: seeya![/quote]

The episode when Yusuke and Hiei fight again is a good one. Hiei isn't controlled during that episode, [spoiler]he just wants to teach Yusuke a lession[/spoiler].

• 1 month later...
Guest Murasaki Momoka
:confused: Hey OMS YES! YU YU is one of the coolest animes I've seen on CTN it has great fights and they don't stand around for two episodes trying to get more powerful lmao! I love Hiei he's really awesome but I have to say my fave is Kurama!!! He's a fox demon how could I not like him!!! -^_^- :D

Oh and sorry dude i can't help you :huh: *-_-* sorry... I've missed like the last 10 eps. ..*-_-*.. I've missed so much i didn't even know it was on any more :sweat: lol @_@ I need to watch it again this coming weekend! and all my other fave animes that come on.... :wigout: hehehe

~*~ ^_^ ~*~

Guest Hieiluvr08
i love Yu Yu Hakusho^_^ can anyone tell me what happened in last saturday (Nov. 6)? i missed it :(

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Welcome to OtakuBoards, Hieiluvr08. Please try and add more detail ot your posts in future- this is too short and would normally be deleted as spam. Be sure to look over our [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] regarding post quality as well, please. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

In November 6th's episode, Yusuke fights with Hiei because, as was said above, Hiei wanted to teach Yusuke a lesson. [spoiler]I'm also pretty sure that Sniper died too.[/spoiler] But I won't give away any more.

YuYu Hakusho is definitely my favorite anime. It has an interesting storyline, well-rounded characters, and cool music (which is an important factor to a music-lover like me!). Kurama would have to be my favorite character (I love roses!), followed by Botan (she's hilarious!). I am so glad I decided to try this show-I don't know how I'd get along without it now!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added spoiler tags. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Guest kaitoiscool
wow that is so true. yu yu hakusho is also easily my fav anime besides yugioh:twitch:. heh. but they did so bad with the dubbing of kurama and hiei in the english version so i have been forced to watch the *** version with chinese subbies... and i cant even read chinese :faint:

[quote name='kaitoiscool']wow that is so true. yu yu hakusho is also easily my fav anime besides yugioh:twitch:. heh. but they did so bad with the dubbing of kurama and hiei in the english version so i have been forced to watch the *** version with chinese subbies... and i cant even read chinese :faint:[/quote]

Is there any particular reason you don't like their voices--other than the fact that they're not speaking in Japanese? I'm personally a huge fan of John Burgmeier's take on Kurama; of the four main characters, only Kuwabara really suffered in the transition to English. He still demonstrates the occasional spark of intelligence, but his personality is generally a bit more clownish than in the original version. On the other hand, this makes Hiei's English one-liners all the more priceless.

There's nothing wrong with not liking a dub. However, I can't imagine any dub being so awful that it would "force" you to watch a bootleg--particularly since uncut, dual-language, [i]legal[/i] Yu Yu Hakusho DVDs are available and have been around for quite a while.

~Dagger~

I think Yu Yu Hakusho is a great anime. It has been out forever though, lol. My cousins watch this anime like every night, but personally, I never watch it really at all. It has a good story though. Yusuke Urameshi is a spirit detective that kills evil spirits, correct? Well, I think the show deserves overall a 7/10. Maybe a 8/10 at times, lol. I don't know much about this show, but have watched the movie, and I really liked it. This is definitely a classic series I'd say.

• 2 months later...
Probably Yusuke since he's a [spoiler]a descendent of the mazoku, an elite species(is it a different species even?) of demon[/spoiler] . And given that, I don't think Hiei would win though it would be a good fight and Hiei has gotten a lot stronger.

[quote name='Ma-zaku Yusuke']... Hiei can not turn to demon form,because then the battle will go to Yusuke.[/quote]

Hiei is always in his demon form. If you're referring to the time when his body was covered in those other eyes then that was only to make him stronger but right now I'm sure he thinks that he's strong anyawy without the eyes so he just doesn't use that form anymore.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Is the TV show still on the Chapter Black Saga? It seems that about now, you should be around the "Attempting Revenge" Episode. But you seem to talk like you're near the "Moving Target" episode.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a cool show, and I can't wait until the next DVD comes out. It's really on edge and Kurama's next up to enter Demon World... :D [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Cool, thanks.

I really like this anime, but I have to say I like the uncut dvds better. However, I don't like to spend a small fortune on Yu Yu Hackushu dvds, so I just watch it on cartoon network. Anyways, my favorite characters are Hiei and Kurama, of course. ;) I also am a fan of Jin and Toya. I love Jin's Irish accent in the English version. :love:

[QUOTE]I don't like to spend a small fortune on Yu Yu Hackushu dvds, so I just watch it on cartoon network.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Palatino Linotype]
Well, Yu Yu Hakusho is very expensive...(I should know...I own almost the entire collection with the exception of two DVD's) Watching it on Cartoon Network is the better approach if you want to save money, but the annoying thing is that sometimes they restart the entire saga on you because they have to wait for the newest episodes. Like now, you're still in the Chapter Black saga, while the Three Kingdoms is already near the halfway point and close to finishing the entire series...

Jin is really funny, and he and Yusuke seem to get along rather well, I expect him to show up again in the series later on.

Moving Target seemed interesting, but I was sure that it lasted only half of an episode (the battle between Yusuke and Hiei). Attempting Revenge is when Yusuke...falls and Hiei, Kuwabara and Kurama...attempt revenge...It's very close...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Speaking of restarting the series, Cartoon Network has just restarted it from the very beginning. $#@$#@ them!!!!! :flaming: Anyways, I guess I'll be buying the dvds from now on. :( I like I said the unedited versions are better anyways. ;)

Ya Jin is going to show up in the series after the Chapter Black Series. Yusuke(I don't think I spelt that right) goes to some fighting tournament in Demon world, and he sees Jin and Toya there.

Lol. I laughed so hard. I was thinking it must suck for those who don't buy the DVDs.

YYH is expensive but not as much as other DVDs. I admit I've had problems with money since I started buying them but if you just as desperate as I am to see the whole entire series then Im sure you wouldn't bother to buy a DVD for $20 every month or two.

You can go to animecastle.com and get them a week earlier than the release date or just wait 5 days after the release date and buy them at suncoast for about $20. They usually lower they're prices by then.

I don't knoe how I manage to get atleast 20 bucks every month but I find a way. But even if watching the whole thing from the begining is cheaper, I'd recommend buying the DVDs, they're just better than watching the crappy editing on Toonami.

And about Jin and Touya, they show up again during the Makai Tournament and they become members on either Kurama or Yusuke's team. I think Touya's on Kurama's and Jin is on Yusuke's. Chuu, Rinku, Shishi, and Sazuka also show up again.

[QUOTE]Speaking of restarting the series, Cartoon Network has just restarted it from the very beginning. $#@$#@ them!!!!! [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Palatino Linotype]That sucks, and I must be psychic or something. I just figured that I was about time for them to restart something. And Cheza, you did spell Yusuke right, but not Touya.

And it is definitely worth it to go out and buy the DVD's. Media Play sells them on sale for the first week and a half after their offical release. Well, the one near me does anyway.

So, good luck to all on finding out how Yu Yu Hakusho ends, believe me when I say that you're gonna need it if you just watch it on TV. If you do, then I suggest moving out of the US. When I was in Barcelona last year, they were showing the end of the series.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I got so mad when Cartoon Network started the series over! My friends and I would call each other as soon as each episode ended to discuss it, but there's no point in discussing ones we've already seen. Oh well-I have to complete my Yu Yu Hakusho collection anyway-now I just have to do it sooner than I thought. Besides all the volumes I'm missing that come after Tempting Fate, I still need Vol. 2, whichever one Deadly Toguro is, and the two in between Old Rivals, New Problems and Tempting Fate. (I can't remember all the vol. numbers!)

At some point this summer, my friends and I will have a Yu Yu marathon-I'm hoping all the volumes are out by then. It'll take us at least 3 days to watch them all!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Although it was noted that the cast (Justin Cook, Chuck Huber, John Burgmeier, and Christopher R. Sabat and others) had just finished doing the commentary for the last Three Episodes, the Last Volume, Yusuke Rediscovered, is scheduled to come out around Late Summer/Fall of 2005. FUNimation is doing this by waiting every other month to send one DVD out.

Each DVD contains three episodes, and there are only four more DVD's to come out.

Bandits and Kings, King Urameshi, Dreams of Power, and Yusuke Rediscovered are the names of the Final Four.

So, putting all of this into account, the next twelve episodes are coming out in sets of three, each roughly two months apart. So the next release date is February 22nd, and the others should be coming out in April, June, and August.

Enjoy Yu Yu while you can kids, because it's almost over... :bawl: [/FONT][/COLOR]