OtakuBoards

Yu Yu Hakusho

Dagger

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Okay, I'm back with a new update on the release dates of the Final Four DVD's. Yay...

Okay, as I have mentioned before:

Volume 29: Bandits and Kings has already arrived.

Volume 30: King Urameshi, will come out on April 19th.

Volume 31: Dreams of Power, is due around June 21st. ((According to RightStuf))

Volume 32 (The FINAL Volume): Yusuke Rediscovered is still to be determined. As soon as I find out, I'll post it here.

Dates are subject to change, but I will try to keep you posted on the latest Yu Yu news.

Your Yu Yu Hakusho guide,

*~Jung-Woo~*[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Jung-Woo][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]

Volume 32 (The FINAL Volume): Yusuke Rediscovered is still to be determined. As soon as I find out, I'll post it here.

Dates are subject to change, but I will try to keep you posted on the latest Yu Yu news.

*~Jung-Woo~*[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It's coming out in August, according to FUNimation. Since the last three DVDs have the commentaries their starting to release them 2 months apart.

[quote name='Midnight Angel][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=Pink]Anika Rose is right. The people who run Toonami do suck. Yu Yu Hakusho was the main reason I would watch TV at 9:30 on a Saturday night! The same with Ruroni Kenshin! They were the best until it was time for the Adult Swim block.[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

You know what toonami [i]should[/i] do, it should take DBZ off the air. The series is long enough and how many of you still watch it? They should atleast replace YYH with a good series. I watched the first episode of that Zatch Bell (<-- did I spell that right?) and it didn't seem too appealing.

Guest kimimusha
[QUOTE=xmystic_silverx]It's coming out in August, according to FUNimation. Since the last three DVDs have the commentaries their starting to release them 2 months apart.

You know what toonami [i]should[/i] do, it should take DBZ off the air. The series is long enough and how many of you still watch it? They should atleast replace YYH with a good series. I watched the first episode of that Zatch Bell (<-- did I spell that right?) and it didn't seem too appealing.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes. Zatch Bell. I watched an episode of that and I didn't find it any good :( I would much rather watch YYH!

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Well, well, well...

It's been a full week since the Second Volume of the Final Four has been released.

Volume 30: King Urameshi, came out on April 19th.

[U]The Final Two:[/U]

[U]Volume 31[/U]: [B]Dreams of Power[/B], is due on June 21st.

[U]Volume 32[/U] (The FINAL Volume): [B]Yusuke Rediscovered[/B] is to come out on [B]July 19th[/B]. As many sources have confirmed. You can pre-order the DVD and even view the cover on various websites.

Dates are subject to change. I will notify everyone of any changes through this thread.

*~Jung-Woo~*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='FireDemon_Hoshi']We all know rumors fly around on the web about these two being gay. Question is do you think they are? In my own opinion, and I have to be opened minded about this because I'm a big Hiei and Kurama fan...I think they have deep feelings for each other that go beyound the normal friendship of others but I don't think they would ever let it show through to much. I once read on a website where the guy that made Yu Yu Hakusho had answered the question to whether or not Hiei and Kurama were meant to be gay. The creator responded with...he didn't mean for them to be gay but only be close friends but it's the way you see it. They can go either way. And that was his response. So I want to know what you think on the matter. :catgirl:[/quote]

In canon, they're not. The only gay couple that's in canon is Itsuki and Sensui, like it or not.
:animesigh

But it's not up to me to interpret the "OMG they are sooo standing next to each other!" subtext. Guess I'm a weirdo because I don't do that.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Seguchi for the dates because lately people have been changing them on me and I was confused on whether they were going to be released one or two months apart.

I have some news regarding the last DVD.

Yusuke Rediscovered will have a commentary on every episode and FUNi has also decided to throw in some bloopers ^_^

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][QUOTE] Originally Posted by [B]xmystic_silverx[/B]
Yusuke Rediscovered will have a commentary on every episode and FUNi has also decided to throw in some bloopers[/QUOTE][COLOR=Navy]Yep, that's usually how it goes. The last DVD's of a series always had a little something extra. I knew of the commentary...(I think I mentioned it in this thread.) but not the bloopers. But it sounds like fun, thank you for contributing![/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Touma Seguchi][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=Navy]Yep, that's usually how it goes. The last DVD's of a series always had a little something extra. I knew of the commentary...(I think I mentioned it in this thread.) but not the bloopers. But it sounds like fun, thank you for contributing![/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Yay! And it'll be out in July! I'm so happy! *sniffs*

Oh wow thanks for that ^_^ I was wondering when the new YYH dvds where coming out.I have to say this 2nd Dark torument is alot shorter than the 1st one.But nevertheless, good!I got in to YYH well mostly because I like kurama and Yoko.Plus I like animes that last long I mean this one is like 100 something shows.And I like the demon anime with alot of fighting.Music is very good to almost everyone in YYH has there own theme song.I like Jins the best so cute.I don't like how only one YYH dvd comes out ever other month >.> but what are you going to do!

YuYu Hakusho is one of the best anime series I have seen in a long time along with InuYasha ect. I love how no one is the same in there and the people who do Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, Kuwabara, Botan, Yukina, Shizeru, Ginki ect, they go above and beyond with the voices. I was upset when they took YuYu Hakusho off and put on Zach Bell, I got left off and that was the only place I could see it at. YuYu HAkusho is probley my favorite anime out of all that I have seen, I highly recomened it for anyone! ^-^ (Sorry I spell bad)

Probably they will try to ban other anime. I know because most people complain about anime changing their kids attitude. In my home country they banned anime from all t.v. channels including cartoon network, it was sad. But anyways, Yu Yu Hakusho is a great show, good plot and I love Yusuke.

I' have not been here very long, so I may have missed the answer to this, so I'll ask anyway.
What happened to Yu Yu Hakusho on Cartoon Network?
Is that what you where talking about, IceRose, that its was banned? Or has there just not been enough people watching it? I don't own the DVD's, so whatever I watch, it has to be on Cartoon Network, and, to tell the truth, the fact that they took it out before I could see the final showdown bites. Was it moved to some late-night time, like Gundam Seed or Lupin the 3rd (on Adult Swim)? Basically, I just want to know where I can find it agian.
as for the show itself, it was one of the first few I watched, aside from Dragon Ball Z (which I thought, although it had some good fight scenes, that there was not enogh charactor development. Really, I don't see how Vegeta made the jump from evil to husband of Bulma). In many ways, Yu Yu Hakusho is much more believable than DBZ, because the charactors seem more real, ( Yuske had at least one layer in his personality) and the power levels much more in a forseeable scope. Add to that the depiction of demons, the two demons who help him (and his rival, the clumsy but good-hearted Kuwabara) and you've put together a pretty good anime, fight-wise and charactor-wise.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype][QUOTE] Originally Posted by [B]Umbra II[/B]
[I]What happened to Yu Yu Hakusho on Cartoon Network?[/I][/QUOTE]

If you read about two pages back, there was a converation between some others about what happened to YYH on Cartoon Network.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]xmystic_silverx[/B]
[I]You know what Toonami should do, it should take DBZ off the air. The series is long enough and how many of you still watch it? They should atleast replace YYH with a good series. I watched the first episode of that Zatch Bell (<-- did I spell that right?) and it didn't seem too appealing.[/I][/QUOTE]

In short, Zatch Bell was the anime that replaced YYH, so far, I myself haven't heard any mentioning of putting it back onto Toonami.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Touma,
I did read. And I found no dates, merely speculations and one "should of"
But no times at all.
I type this now simply to show the OtakuBoards that I am still in the dark, and that I am still needing enlightenment.
Thanks for the information anyway.
As for Hiei and Kuwabara being more than just deep freinds, that thought never occured to me as I was watching it. I understood that their friendship was based on insults, and this became apparant to me whe they where attacking the Saint Beasts in the beging and almost died under the ceiling. If you are considering the option of them being gay, think about these two things.
a) Hiei isn't the kind to go out with anyone, let alone some one of the same sex.
b) Kuwabara is in love with Hiei's sister
c) They were showing it on cartoon Network. They would't allow something like that on the kid's programming.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I apologize if you misunderstood my point, Umbra II.

I merely meant to say that Yu Yu Hakusho has been taken off the air, for now, at least. And that I haven't heard any mentioning of it being put back on at any time soon.
If anything does come up, I would expect someone to add it to the thread at the top of the Anime Lounge dealing with Anime Line-Ups for Cartoon Network, or even possibly here. If I come up with anything like I did for the DVD's, then I shall post it in one of the two threads.

[U][B]T.S.[/B][/U][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo] I Yu Yu Hakusho! It's one of my favorite animes. I love the demon fights and the powers. I really think they should start up with new ep. At first I thought Yu Yu Hakusho was corny at the begining but as I watched it more often, it became more intersting. I really like. No, I love it![/Font][/Color]

Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my top favorite animes.

It was the characters that got me into it. Just the way they develop through the series. Yeah, the fights are awesome, too.

I started getting the uncut DVDs and quit watching CN before they took YYH off. I showed my friend an episode from the Chapter Black Saga before it came on Cartoon Network and she gasped that her 'dear' Hiei cussed in the uncut version. I just laughed. Now only if the next DVD will come out....

[QUOTE=Goku's_equal]Hiei is the best character on Yu Yu Hakusho. He's awesome. He's so small, and yet so powerful. It's the coolest thing ever.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Welcome to OtakuBoards, Goku's_equal. Bear in mind that OtakuBoards we try and encourage really decent post quality, which includes long, nicely-detailed posts. So try and include as much as possible when writing a reply in future. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][/QUOTE]

Yeah i guess Hiei is okay but kurama is the [SIZE=3]BEST EVER!!!![/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Touma Seguchi][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]
In short, Zatch Bell was the anime that replaced YYH, so far, I myself haven't heard any mentioning of putting it back onto Toonami.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Nor have I. I don't think Toonami will be putting it back on the air anytime soon but I'll keep checking Funimation.com.

I seemes like no one had been here for awhile, hopefully someone will answer my question.

Has anyone heard of Eizou Hakusho? It's like a special, or something like that. It's not exactly a movie. It's hard to explain but I saw screencaps for it on a YYH site and I didn't know if it was fan made or not so I emailed the webmistress and she told me it was like a special DVD. Does anyone know where to find DVDs like that? I have this longing to buy it now. If you know anything about it please post it, I'll appreciate it.