OtakuBoards

Yu Yu Hakusho

Dagger

Hello I like to say that I LOVe yu yu hakusho.I first started watching it when adult swim started airing it :catgirl: till that time I grew atached to the show. I would never miss an episod or if I did I would tape it :animeswea I know i'm crazy but I would never get tired of the show. Till that sad part tht when Adult swim stoped airinf it I went on a hunt to look for it myself. Now I have all the series on DVD and making my manga collection since shonen jump. Both manga and anime are just simply wonderful :animesmil and the manga even shows how hiei and kurama met. :cool: I think without yu yu hakusho I would have never became such an Otaku that I am today. Or ever have seen Hiei, I love Hiei, :love2: He was my favorite character of all time and now I wish i had a boyfriend just like him :catgirl: plus i love the ending when Yusuke and kayko kiss it's so romantic...also it's soo funny when kuwabara yells out " YUKINA" that is also a famous one liner too :glasses: but Hiei is still the best.. :catgirl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me.... I always thought Yu Yu Hakusho was a duller version of DBZ as far as the fighting goes. (This was when I was hooked on DBZ at the time) But I always found myself watching the next episode..... wondering what would happen next and why everyone liked it over DBZ. The episode that really made me say "damn" was one of the chapter black episodes..... (Yusuke vs the Doctor) I'm trying to get the Dark Tournament series because I've only seen a little bit of that saga / arc.

In any case. Let's just say now I'm a huge fan of the series. Favorite character happens to be Yusuke. I can relate to him in so many ways.... Being sarcastic would probably be the biggest comparison. I would usually say my favorite characters are the silent or calm type.... (this had me liking Hiei out of all the characters the most but it changed.... so yea...)

I did not see yesterday's episode because there was a snow storm (somewhat) yesterday and it blocked my satellite (sp?) signal so to speak. It was out for quite sometime too. (from 12 am - 8 am) So can someone tell me what happened..... That is if anyone caught it. (Yes, I'm asking for someone to spoil that episode for me ^_^)

• 2 weeks later...
Well Sting, I would love to tell you what episode it was but I didn't catch it either. Ever since Toonami changed running time (4am where I live) I haven't watched it at all. If you told me what the last episode you saw was, I could probably help you out.

I haven't watched an episode of YYH ever since Funi was finished dubbing it. Pretty sad, huh?

• 2 months later...
I'm pretty stoked right now. After watching the finishing fight between Yusuke and Yomi... That had to have been one of the greatest fights ever in Yu Yu history. In any case, I'm still collecting the VHS version... I know, I should be buying the dvd's right now but I'm as cheap as they come so *shrugs* I was wondering if there are any online stores that sells vhs's? (Sorry if this is agaisnt the rules)

• 9 months later...
i love yyh! it's like so awesome! it is my fav anime ( if it wasn't, then i wouldn't have a giant poster on my wall, and a hiei keychain, and a boxset of dvds, and almost the whole manga collection released in america...). the plot is really great in the show; i mean, each time the plot builds on each other, but yet it isn't like the same bad guy keeps coming back! and it definitley has humor to it so that it isn't to serious. hiei's short, lovable lines are enough to keep me going back (along w/chuck huber's excellent voice acting! i'm a huge fan of his, i think it does a wonderful job on all the jobs he takes on; shou tucker, android 17...). so i give it a 20/10! (yes, i know that isn't possible, but it's so good i have to give it bonus points!)

Finally, I get to enjoy one of the greatest animes out there. I dont know if any one knows this but Cartoon Network did go past the dark tournament and went into another saga and completed that one as well. The next one is about a group of physics who have a plan to open the gate of the demon world to the real world. My Bad if no one has seen it yet. It's really good and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it. Also Hiei and Kurama have never done anything like what they've done in the Physic Saga. They become truly cut throat and dont take any crap from any body including Yusuke and especially Kuwabara.

i love Yu Yu Hakusho!no i havent seen every single episode but i have seen quite a few of them. and my sister is collecting them so i am reading the mangas but those arent quite as fun as the series oh well its still awsome.my sister even has the movie which is ok.considering the voicing is different.i wish cartoon network would air the series again i would soooooooooo watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=xmystic_silverx]Nor have I. I don't think Toonami will be putting it back on the air anytime soon but I'll keep checking Funimation.com.

I seemes like no one had been here for awhile, hopefully someone will answer my question.

Has anyone heard of Eizou Hakusho? It's like a special, or something like that. It's not exactly a movie. It's hard to explain but I saw screencaps for it on a YYH site and I didn't know if it was fan made or not so I emailed the webmistress and she told me it was like a special DVD. Does anyone know where to find DVDs like that? I have this longing to buy it now. If you know anything about it please post it, I'll appreciate it.[/QUOTE]I have seen some of the Eizou Hakusho, to me it seems like mini lost episodes or, well I don't really know. :animeswea

[quote name='AkiraMoonShadow']I have seen some of the Eizou Hakusho, to me it seems like mini lost episodes or, well I don't really know. :animeswea[/quote]

I have also. Kudos to Youtube, of course. I guess they weren't as great as I thought *shrugs* I finally know where all those screen caps came from that I found long ago. The music videos were kinda cool though.

I miss this show so much it was one of my favorites. I still remember when I saw the very first airing of it on saturday night Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. When it started showing on Toonami I watched it with my little brother, who was like I think 5 or 6 at the time (some older sister I am letting my little brother watch such violent shows :animesmil ) and he liked the show too, we never missed an episode. And then they stopped showing it and I was so upset. Then like a year ago I wake up a little after 5:30 one Saturday morning and as I'm walking past my brothers room I notice his television was left on and playing on it was an episode of YYH that I never saw before and I was like OMG. But after that I could never wake up in time to see it :animecry:

I never did get to watch the whole thing :animecry:

I still love this show, I really like Hiei and Kurama the most :catgirl: though all the characters from this show are great!! :catgirl:

• 1 month later...
Well I have been thinking of this show for a while and decided it was time to sit back through it. I noticed Funimation was re-releasing it again in 14 episode 2 dvd sets. They are currently up to the 4th set and episode 56.

Since I was a huge fan of this show I figured it was more then time that I started a legit collection so I picked up the four latest sets. I was happy with the first 14 episodes they were released untouched unlike the episodes on CN which had been re-inked. I was a little dissapointed that the subs were word for word the dub which had added chatter here and there which really shows up as there are extra lines when no one is talking even close to those areas. The second set starts off with the re-inked/touched up episodes I was dissapointed to see this but on the plus side the sub version is dead on here such a change from the first set that I can overlook the new style to hear and read the lines the way they were meant.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, I myself have no problems with Keiko and Yusuke, but i prefer the Hiei and Botan pairing.

Yu Yu Hakusho is currently airing on funimation channel. (Which is not an actual channel but a daily string of anime series. With different shows on the weekends than on weekdays.) But funimation channel has the bad habit of restarting the series it shows about thirty episodes in. Before it restarted it was at the begining of the dark tournament saga.

Yu Yu Hakusho has to be one of my favorite series. Unlike some series where the fights last forever (Cough, DBZ), or other series where the story takes too long to develop (Naruto. Took way too long for Tsunade to appear.), Yu Yu Hskusho has wonderful pacing.

The characters are hilarious, and they are impossible to hate! I thought Kuwabara was stupid for quite a while, and I disliked Keiko for a while, but I've grown a new respect for them. Though Hiei and Botan are still my favorite characters.

Well recently I just got introduced to this show and so far I'm liking it. I really liked the opening episode where Yuusuke is introduced by virtue of having [spoiler]died[/spoiler] I've gotten far enough that it's to the point where he's become a spirit detective. Or past it I guess since several things have happened since then.

So far the different personalities of the characters has been pretty entertaining to watch. From Yuusuke to Kuwabara to that rather interesting Hiei. I'm getting the impression that we're not done with him being around. Though that could be from realizing that I've seen his picture in lots of stuff online in relation to this series.

Anyway... It's definitely got my interest and since one of my friends loaned me their DVD's that apparently goes all the way through the Dark Tournament? I'll be watching this for a while it seems. I mean 100+ episodes? That's gonna take me a while to get through.

Aw man, now you have me feeling all nostalgic. It's been forever since I last posted in this thread, and I [i]still[/i] haven't finished the final arc. Which doesn't mean it isn't great--I just can't bring myself to watch as the darn show ends! :animecry:

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Meh. I got bored of this show somewhere during the Dark Tournament arc. It was still kinda cool, but you get bored of the same old moves and stuff after a while. Plus Toguro was ugly and annoying. I remember Cartoon Network got through the next arc but I barely saw any of it since I could never keep up with Toonami >_> I remembre that the animation had some pretty cool effects around that time, but the story for that arc was pretty dumb (I hate villains who sit back and meditate the whole damn time) I remember this show being pretty cool, just kind of dragged out. It fell into a lot of traps that most Shonen anime do...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod]I've never finished this show. Not that it wasn't interesting, but at the time Suzaku was just so damn mean that after watching that part I quit. Not that Rando was any nicer mind you. >_< Though that was a while ago and I don't scare as easily as I use to so I really ought to finish watching it.

Especially since I can probably convince SunfallE to loan me her DVD's of this show. Still out of all the characters my favorite was Kurama. I'm thinking it would be worth watching it again just to follow what happens to him. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR=DarkOrange] I remember this show being pretty cool, just kind of dragged out. It fell into a lot of traps that most Shonen anime do...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
The final battles in each arc tend to be on the long side, but sadly, to this day I cannot think of any other comparably lengthy, 1990+ show in the genre that:

1) Gets consistently better as it goes along;
2) Doesn't have any filler; and
3) Has a real ending.

I'd love to learn otherwise. Hunter x Hunter, which falls short on (3), is the only series that even comes close, and it's based on a story by the same manga-ka. Oh well. :animesigh

~Dagger~

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR=goldenrod]Suzaku was just so damn mean that after watching that part I quit. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]I'll second that. Not that I'm going to quit watching it but that Suzaku was meaner than hell. o_O That makes the first anime I've seen with actual [spoiler]torture in it. [/spoiler] And that Gate of Betrayal they had to pass to even get to that point? That was quite interesting to say the least. And here I thought the arch with Rando was pretty intense.

Also I've reached the point where I've realized that even though the differences aren't profound, the English one tends to soften things up just a tiny bit so I've switched to watching it with the sub-titles instead. Even though for the most part I think who ever does Yuusuke, Hiei and Kurama do a good job. I just hate how some of the edge to everything going on is lost in the English dubbing.

Anyway... Having just finished the bit with Suzaku I'm going to take a small break from this show and watch something that makes me laugh instead.

YYH is one of Funi's older & looser dubs. But what the English version loses in bite, it gains in some very funny not-quite-true-to-the-original lines.

On the other hand, the Japanese version has an all-star cast, so it's hard to go wrong here. ;)

~Dagger~

[font=comic sans ms]A year plus some months since Yu Yu Hakusho's been off-air. How I wish I had the funimation channel.

In any case, I never had any major problems with the dub. Just a few nitpicks at Keiko everytime she screamed or something.

I still say this is the best compared to the newer stuff.

[quote=Dagger]1) Gets consistently better as it goes along;
2) Doesn't have any filler; and
3) Has a real ending.[/quote]
Agreed. And another thing I liked about it is when the series progressed and got better so did the animation/artwork.[/font]