OtakuBoards

Yu Yu Hakusho

Dagger

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bracy']hold on when did that show come back on the air??[/quote]
[COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to OtakuBoards, bracy.

Please try to add more detail to your posts in future- this is not really acceptable, hence why it was deleted as spam. I understand you're only asking a question, but if you take time to read over the thread chances are it's already been answered. Just make sure to try and include as much information as you can- whether you ike the show or not, what it is (or is't) that you do like, etc... It makes things far more interesting, heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86]As far as I can gather, Yu Yu Hakusho is currently not airing in the States on any channels, as has already been said. Please try and add more detail to your posts in future, bracy, and please don't use abbreviations when typing- they're against the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL], and fuller words look much nicer anyway, heh.[/COLOR]

ok, I LOVE YuYu Hakusho, it is so cool! Kurama and Hiei are my favorites as you can see by the name, but, I love how every person has a differnt personaly. And it leaves you wanting more after you see an eposide! Yay! I love everything about it! :love: :toothy: :heart: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2 :demon: :love: :love:

yeah Yu Yu Hakusho is sooo awesome!!! :catgirl: it's one of my favorite animes; next to InuYasha and Elfen Lied. i've never missed an episode (except the one when they show Yoko Kurama for the first time, curse my stupid brother!) so yeah i really like writing YYH fanfiction :animesmil

L8r,
Miyu :angel:

• 3 weeks later...
I was just wondering, is anyone as sad as me that the last yuyu hakusho dvd came out?I cried when i found out,but i have been watchign it for like three to four years... Does anyone think that it is one of the best animes??? [I]and [/I] still like it because i don't see as many things about it as much as i used to! but all great things must come to an end at sometime.. just wondering :animecry: :animedepr :animestun

it's already out!! oh no!! Funimation must make a new YYH movie before the series goes down the hole!!! maybe an alternate universe series with YYH characters and other characters that Yoshihiro Togashi made! that'd be cool!!!!!!! plus i agree with duStAnDteArS with YYH being one of the best animes.

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]I think some are hot. Like Inuyasha, Koga, Sesshomaru, Miroku, & lots of other's. :animeswea Ok that seems like alot but i only like the ones that are hot so that dont matter to me. Beside's not all of them can be hot. So yeah...? :animeshy: [/B] [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Yu Yu needs to come back to Adult Swim.

I loved the series. I loved the action and the characters. [I]Yu Yu Hakusho[/I] only started to get interesting (to me) when the Black Tournament (wasnt that the name) started. After the tournament is over with, the series REALLY gets interesting.
Cartoon Network aquired Yu Yu earlier this year and showed ALMOST all of the episodes. (which bummed me out cuz, I wanted to see all of them)

Yu Yu was originally shown on Adult Swim a few years back....and It was uncut. (the way it was meant to be heard/shown)

Wish it would come back....

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Please people, I know I'm not a moderator, but improve your post quality. The reason why the Yu Yu Hakusho thread was restarted was to give other people a chance to talk about this anime. I don't want to see it become incredibly spammy like the predecessor was.

[quote name='Solo Tremaine']As far as I can gather, Yu Yu Hakusho is currently not airing in the States on any channels, as has already been said. Please try and add more detail to your posts in future, bracy, and please don't use abbreviations when typing- they're against the Rules, and fuller words look much nicer anyway, heh.[/quote] I don't think that Solo needs to be repeated.[/FONT]

[quote name='maverickwarrior']I find Yu Yu Hakusho incredibly overrated... I don't really see what's so special about it :animeswea[/quote]
It's just a very solid shounen action series. Unlike most anime in the genre, it follows the manga on which it's based very closely: the entire manga was animated, with no filler or serious deviations from the original storyline. This alone sets it apart from comparable anime, such as Naruto. The animation is also superb if one takes into consideration when the show originally aired.

As in his other series (including the currently-running Bleach), director Noriyuki Abe skillfully balances comedy, action and drama with the occasional hint of romance. Yu Yu Hakusho is at its heart extremely formulaic, but it doesn't seem hollow, and it makes the best of its formula. It is by no means groundbreaking, and it's not terribly innovative--it's simply great, relaxing entertainment that doesn't totally insult the viewer's intelligence, and stuff like that can be surprisingly hard to find.

That's why I like YYH, at any rate.

~Dagger~

Yes, the show ended when Yusuke died for the second time, and then Cartoon Network showed the first 5 or so episodes, and it hasn't been on since.......I miss watching the dubbed version, but the English subbed are just as good. I downloaded a few episodes after the one where Yusuke dies again. Some of it is really sad, come to think of it. Especially where they show you about Hiei's past. If you haven't seen any episodes after episode 89, message me, and I'll tell you what happens.

[COLOR=Indigo]YAy! there are still followers... now that it has finished i miss it :animedepr ... but i started to watch full metal panic and weiss kreuz... it just can't be replaced :animecry: ... i miss kurama, and yusuke and hiei and kurama... ;) :D i thinkl i will watch all the yyh dvds i own tonight :animesigh guess i'll be up for a while... does anyone know where to get any good yyh icons , and stuff.... :( they are hard to find though i have found a few good ones :cool: .. but don't ask me where :animestun i dont remember....
keep up the fandom my friends :animesmil toot-a-loo>,>

By the way, thank u dagger for tellign maverickwarrior whats what.. so i didn t have too :p yyh is an awesome anime, everything is so umm original and the ending was good, too.. at least the maker stuck w/ his series til the end... you would have to get into teh series,i guess to really like it :animeknow :catgirl: thanks guys[/COLOR]

Like alot of the anime Cartoon Network plays, YYH isn't exactly the best anime but is very fun, easy to watch, and has cool characters. Like DBZ, Trigun, and FMA, the stories aren't great, but keep you hooked to the end. The reason they are so well liked is because of thier simplicity, and likable characters. They aren't a .hack//sign or a Cowboy Bebop, but it is easier for casual watchers to get into them, and miss an episode here or there ( whereas if you miss an episode of .hack//sign, you are screwed).

By the way, I am surprised thier hasn't been a review of DBZ or YYH, I would do it, but I haven't seen them in awhile, so it wouldn't be too good.

[quote name='Killer7']They aren't a .hack//sign or a Cowboy Bebop, but it is easier for casual watchers to get into them, and miss an episode here or there ( whereas if you miss an episode of .hack//sign, you are screwed).[/quote]

Lol. Too true!

I think the only time when Yu Yu Hakusho seems to drag is when a fight is going on between Yusuke and whomever (since those seem to take the longest) or when one saga is going into the other. Otherwise, it's action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The last DVD was too funny! If you see it and you have enough money to buy it, then you should. The main cast commentaries on the last episode are very hilarious! Chuck Huber has got to be the funniest guy!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][quote name='xmystic_silverx']The last DVD was too funny! If you see it and you have enough money to buy it, then you should. The main cast commentaries on the last episode are very hilarious! Chuck Huber has got to be the funniest guy![/quote] I met Chuck Huber and Justin Cook (Yusuke) at a convention in Philadelphia. By the time I was done talking to them, I thought I was going to wet myself from laughing so hard. They were both REALLY funny.

I have been doing a lot of traveling, and so...I haven't seen the last six episodes.:animeangr I will finish it by the end of the summer though. I know what happens since I 'spoiled' it for myself. But I want to see it...[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Sinistra][FONT=Palatino Linotype] I met Chuck Huber and Justin Cook (Yusuke) at a convention in Philadelphia. By the time I was done talking to them, I thought I was going to wet myself from laughing so hard. They were both REALLY funny.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Wow, you're lucky! I wish I could meet them >_< Some day I will! They are the funniest!

[QUOTE=xmystic_silverx]Lol. Too true!

I think the only time when Yu Yu Hakusho seems to drag is when a fight is going on between Yusuke and whomever (since those seem to take the longest) or when one saga is going into the other. Otherwise, it's action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The last DVD was too funny! If you see it and you have enough money to buy it, then you should. The main cast commentaries on the last episode are very hilarious! Chuck Huber has got to be the funniest guy![/QUOTE]

I'm buying it very soon! I can't wait to see it!

Then I'll only have to get Deadly Toguro, and I'll have all the volumes!

[QUOTE=AkinaRose]I'm buying it very soon! I can't wait to see it!

Then I'll only have to get Deadly Toguro, and I'll have all the volumes![/QUOTE]

That's great! You'll like it very much! XD

Are you serious? 0_o Holy, I could never afford all those DVDs and even if I had enough money to buy them all, I don't think I would although that was my plan in the first place. I have the whole DT series that Im missing.