kizu Posted October 25, 2001 Posted October 25, 2001 whooo that was a bit of a voilent storm up here in Michigan. There were 2 twisters (I don't know how strong they were) and a bunch of trees were falling. And worst of all one of the trees that fell killed someone. They were driving and then bam. A tree fell on there truck and they ended up dieing. The reason i mention this is because my brother was about 1/2 a mile away going to other direction. It was a good thing he left work when he did. otherwise my brother might have been the one who was in the truck that a tree fell on.
Break Posted October 25, 2001 Posted October 25, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i] [B]whooo that was a bit of a voilent storm up here in Michigan. There were 2 twisters (I don't know how strong they were) and a bunch of trees were falling. And worst of all one of the trees that fell killed someone. They were driving and then bam. A tree fell on there truck and they ended up dieing. The reason i mention this is because my brother was about 1/2 a mile away going to other direction. It was a good thing he left work when he did. otherwise my brother might have been the one who was in the truck that a tree fell on. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Whaa...! TWO twisters?! That sounds like SOME bad storm...have you ever seen a worse one?[/SIZE]
kizu Posted October 25, 2001 Author Posted October 25, 2001 Yeah i know, one was set on a rotation around the are a i live. On the news it showed a circle for wherre it would probable go and it was like 5 miles away from my house.
Break Posted October 25, 2001 Posted October 25, 2001 [SIZE=1]FIVE miles!? Whoo, glad you're still here :D[/SIZE]
BabyGirl Posted October 25, 2001 Posted October 25, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i] [B]Yeah i know, one was set on a rotation around the are a i live. On the news it showed a circle for wherre it would probable go and it was like 5 miles away from my house. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]Woo man, you must live close to me. I was scared crapless...weren't you?![/color]
Guest Imsirion Posted October 25, 2001 Posted October 25, 2001 no fair, a twister? J/K all we've had up here lately are massive rainstorms with alotta wind!:wigout:
sia Posted October 25, 2001 Posted October 25, 2001 heh just think of one in your backyard,only 2 acres away.that is the closest i have been to one and i never want to do it again.
Guest Majin Gohan Posted October 25, 2001 Posted October 25, 2001 A few years ago a huge storm hit my area. It spawned 5 twisters
Fall Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majin Gohan [/i] [B]A few years ago a huge storm hit my area. It spawned 5 twisters [/B][/QUOTE] 5 TWISTERS?!!!! Now that must've been SOME kind of a storm.Wow, that would've been cool to see, but not cool to be caught in, if you know what I mean....... And 2 TWISTERS?!! Sheesh, that must have been freaky..... The closest I've ever been through is a strong gale, not much, just a bit of strong wind, and a bit of rain..... Oh, and that brings me to something. I live out on farm, outside of Dubbo, and we don't really get that much serious stuff here. But anyway, me, my two brothers, and my dad, were out fishing on the river we have on our farm in the dinghy. We were just cruisin' along, throwing in some lines. All we got then was a bit of wind, and a tonne of leaves falling down. But when we went into town, trees had fallen over across the road, the roads were covered with woodchips and sticks, and there was a roof off some house just sittin' up in a big oak tree. Now tell me somethin', isn't that a bit weird that we missed out on a huge massive thunderstorm, when we live just 10-14 kays outta town, fishin'?...........well, I think it is.... But I would be sh!t scared if I even encountered 1 twister.......
DeathKnight Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 hurricanes are fun to live thru... lol....
Jamvis Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 i got too darn close to a twister once... thank god it was really little and not solid... in fact it nearly knocked me unconcious cuz i was entering a glass and the wind flung the door wide open but almost thank god it flung me a good ten feet outta the way... was that a good thing or a bad thing?
Fall Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 Well, it depends. If you wanted to live, well it's a good thing. And if you didn't, well.................
Jamvis Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B]Well, it depends. If you wanted to live, well it's a good thing. And if you didn't, well................. [/B][/QUOTE] BWHAHAHAHA! i mean was it good that it tossed me those ten feet cuz i flew into the nice cement which is not too soft...
Desbreko Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 I have a couple of freinds that live in Michigan. I hope that storm wasn't around where they live.
Sephiroth Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 heh, we get storms here in the UK all the time, you get used to it....
~*Anime Girl*~ Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i] [B]whooo that was a bit of a voilent storm up here in Michigan. There were 2 twisters (I don't know how strong they were) and a bunch of trees were falling. And worst of all one of the trees that fell killed someone. They were driving and then bam. A tree fell on there truck and they ended up dieing. The reason i mention this is because my brother was about 1/2 a mile away going to other direction. It was a good thing he left work when he did. otherwise my brother might have been the one who was in the truck that a tree fell on. [/B][/QUOTE] Hmm, weird, I live in Wisconsin and our weather was beautyfull
Sui Generis Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 I envy you Kizu. I know that sounds really weird, but I love storms, ecspicially sever. I have been caught in straight line wind before, what a rush!!! The closest a tornadoe came to my house is, it almost formed in my tiny backyard...it was SOOO kewl!! I watched it!! Then I ran downstairs after it got about half-way. It stopped for some reason no one knows :shrugs:. ANyway I love all storms I play in sever storms, I love watching the lightning, the wind is harmony, and the thunder is the precussion..
Navi Posted October 28, 2001 Posted October 28, 2001 On Friday I had to go to Driver's Ed. I looked outside and it was drizzling. So, I figure, hey whats a little rain gonna do to ya? I walk to the bus stop and halfway there it starts pouring. I have to walk back home and get an umbrella, my mom sporting that "I told you to bring an umbrella" look on her face, while I grab one. I walk back to the bus stop and wait for 5 mins. As I enter the bus I shake my umbrella dry and walk down the aisle. I slip and catch myself. It would've been cool If I had slid all the way down and gracefully stopped in front of a seat, but such things don't happen to me. Moral: Bring a mini-umbrella with you even when its drizzling. Or one of those cool umbrella hats at the swapmeet.
Tien Posted October 29, 2001 Posted October 29, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B]heh, we get storms here in the UK all the time, you get used to it.... [/B][/QUOTE] Ive never seen any storms.
Ryanmc225 Posted October 29, 2001 Posted October 29, 2001 That sounds bad i'm glad I live where theres no twisters and good thing your brothers alright
BabyGirl Posted October 29, 2001 Posted October 29, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tien [/i] [B] Ive never seen any storms. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]Never seen a storm?! Bah! You need to see one...they're amazing...[/color]
Tien Posted October 30, 2001 Posted October 30, 2001 yeah,well i have seen high winds but not stuff like twisters or anything like that.
Fall Posted October 30, 2001 Posted October 30, 2001 Well, where abouts in this world do you live, Tien?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now