OtakuBoards

Case Closed

Dagger

Guest mistyrays
Read the manga. They have much better graphics there. ^-^ Till now, I think there should be about at least until 45 in Japan, right? =)

[quote name='Lynn Luck][color=slategray]Dective Conan/Case Closed is unique from other anime. I mean,have you ever heard of a dective anime? I had my doubts before I saw it, but the first time I did, I stayed up to wacth the next episode, and the one after that and so on.The crimes are also unique and are pulled out in so many diffrent ways. [/color][color=slategray]It also reminds me of when I wanted to be a dective when I was little. ^_^[/color] [color=slategray']It's also fun to try to solve the cases before Conan does. Most of the time I can't though...[/color][/quote]There're at least another 2 detective series in anime. Detective Kindaichi and Detective School Q. I forgot their Japanese titles, though. They're both by Kanenari Yosaburo. But I very much prefer Detective Conan/Case Closed to them. DK takes too much time just on one single case, not like DC/CC where they have a few cases in just one manga. [In DK, one case takes about 1 and a half manga space] And of course, the graphics in DC/CC are just *MUCH* better than DK, though DK's more realistic. :rolleyes:

Oh, their original titles are as following:

Detective Conan/Case Closed: Mentantei Conan
Detective Kindaichi: Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbou
Detective School Q: Tantei Gakuen Q

Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

[color=#503f86][size=1][b]I merged your second post in with your first- don't double-post in future, please. If you want to add something else, you can use the 'Edit' button located at the bottom of your original post. [/b][/size][/color]
[color=#503f86][size=1][/size][/color]
[color=#503f86][size=1][b]EDIT: Triple-posting is a definite no-no, heh. Be sure to check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] for anything else you may be unsure of. -Solo[/size][/color][/b]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. First off, I'd say compared to the manga, the anime of Case Closed (Detective Conan), is very bad.

Onto Case Closed, which was on Cartoon Network, here's what gets me annoyed; Viz taking up the Detective Conan manga license decides to follow along with name changes. Now, we have that series cancelled, with VIZ changing eveything for nothing.. Oh, they only have 40 volumes to go (or more)... What is viz to do? Start all over? I guess they are stuck with it. >:(

Anyway ahh... Detective Conan is a really excellent manga, I consider Gosho Aoyama to be about the 3rd best manga illustrator of all time.

• 2 weeks later...
Detective Conan is one of my favirote anime shows. It's kind of sad that Adult swim doesn't intend to show any more episodes beyond the first 52. I've seen 162 episodes and this series is the type that just gets even better as it goes along. Episode 68 is where the series gets even more enjoyable, plus many of the stories become more complex and require two episodes to be solved. If the people at Adult Swim had actually watched the series they would have realized that to give the series a true introduction to America they needed to at least air the first 76 episodes.

Adult Swim is claiming the ratings are poor but I know many people who love the series and the only reason they don't watch it on tv is Adult Swim puts it in a time slot that for many people is inconvenient. *myself included* With over 390 episodes and another movie showing in Japan right now they can't possible expect us to believe it's not popular. It certainly won't be the only series they have killed by running it in a poor time slot.

Anyway, I really enjoy how it combines mystery, romance, and comedy quite well. I love trying to figure out the crime before Conan does. Though most the time I don't. But then it's fun to rewatch and truly see what I missed the first time. :animesmil

• 1 month later...
Guest otaku1412
For me, Detective Conan is a very good anime/manga and I really didn't like it when they changed all the names, including my favorite character,[spoiler]Kaitou Kid[/spoiler]! I can't believe it! >< I hope they'll stop changing the names...

Detective Conan is by far one of my favorite animes of all time, and this really helps me seeing as though I'm a criminal justice major in college. This anime really makes you think as you go ahead to try to solve the case as the episode, but the whole "Crack the Case" game on each DVD could be a little bit more into the details of the crime than just random facts.

I personally busted my alarm clock just to be able to wake up at early enough to catch Detective Conan on adult swim, but its very hard. I wouldn't have to if they would just start releasing DVDs of the starting episodes. Does anyone have any idea if Funimation is releasing episodes ofthe first seasons?

• 1 year later...
I feel so shameful for not watching the anime but I do read the manga. [SIZE=2]Actually, I prefer manga over anime...[/SIZE] Ahem, what I was going to say was... Detective Conan is by far one of my favourite mangas ever! I love the mysteries and they're all ingenius. I wish they'd order this manga in the school library because it does increase our knowledge (hopefully it wouldn't increase the amounts of murders or suicides). I'm always thrilled to find out that the case isn't as it seems.

Not many people are interested or even know about this manga but in my opinion, this is one of the greatest works of Clamp! The plot is the same as many other mangas, especially because it is hard to believe that a high school student is able to solve all these cases more efficiently than real licensed detectives! I hope there'll be more Case Closed fans! =D It's really worth praising. :D

[QUOTE=wishful]
Not many people are interested or even know about this manga but in my opinion, this is one of the greatest works of Clamp! [/QUOTE]
The Case Closed (Detective Conan) manga is by Gosho Aoyama, not CLAMP. Are you by any chance thinking of CLAMP Campus Detectives?

~Dagger~

Guest Rukia-san
I've seen 110 episodes of Case Closed and I love it! (alot of them on dvd)

Last summer I got up at 5:00 every weekday moring just to watch it!

Those stupid adult swim people just don't get how cool Case Closed is!

And did you know that there are more then 300 episodes of Case Closed in Japan?

[quote name='Rukia-san']And did you know that there are more then 300 episodes of Case Closed in Japan?[/quote][COLOR=SeaGreen]Try more than 440 episodes, ten movies and a number of specials as well. ^_~ Want to know more? Just go here: [URL=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=454][COLOR=SeaGreen][U]Detective Conan[/U][/COLOR][/URL]

Anyway, I've seen the first 160 episodes of this show and like many others I adore watching it. I really like the twist of how Conan has to try and solve things while he is stuck in the body [spoiler]of a child. [/spoiler] With all the nifty gadgets he has and the other kids tagging along, well I just love watching it since every episode is it's own mystery to be solved.[/COLOR]

Guest Rukia-san
Gah! I know I just found that out like 5 minutes after I posted that!

I also love trying to solve the mysteries before Conan as well

YTV just started airing it. I didn't think it'd be very good either, but after the first episode I wanted to see more, and I like when anime does that.
I'm not really far into the series, only like the 6th or 7th episode, but I love when YTV gets new anime, and I thought that even though there are other wonderful choices, this was still a good move on their part.
Very funny show.

[QUOTE=Dagger]The Case Closed (Detective Conan) manga is by Gosho Aoyama, not CLAMP. Are you by any chance thinking of CLAMP Campus Detectives?

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, I might be mistaken. I'm not too bright with the authors. Hehe~ Maybe I'm not too much of a fan; all I care about is reading it. Also, wow... I didn' think there'd be so many episodes @_@...

I didn't know YTV was airing Case Closed either... I've never watched the anime anyways so I can't imagine how the dub would be. I was wondering how children would take Case Closed? I mean, it's not just killing but I look around and A LOT of children are now doing all these Naruto moves ever since it was launched at YTV. Since these new animes are being released to YTV, I'm only hoping that the children because some of their minds may still be immature and use these tactics to "hurt" someone. Of course, half of the time they may not know what they're talking about since the vocabulary and complexity of the cases are high.

I believe it'd be amazing if the dub can bring these chances to the lowest and also be able to capture the feel of Case Closed. Yes, :p I think there's a feel to Case Closed. Then again, it must be impossible... Maybe I'll watch it some time on YTV? Does anybody know what time it airs EST?

[quote name='wishful']Maybe I'll watch it some time on YTV? Does anybody know what time it airs EST?[/quote]Actually, by June 2, they'll be taking it off YTV. Not a good sign for the Case Closed franchise in Canada. More information [b][url=http://www.zannen.ca/]here[/url][/b].

Edit: In fact, if you go to the YTV Website about it... the "next time it'll be playing" window has an ugly "No Episodes are Currently Scheduled" written all over it.

-r2

• 1 year later...
Well, its a pity they took this off the air. I've been picking up the DVD's as they release them and it's a fantastic show. I love the twist of how Shinichi has been turned into a kid and now he not only has to re-attend elementary school but he's got tag along friends in that age group.

But what I like best is how even though the men in black mystery seems to be up in the air so to speak, the rest of the mysteries are not. Each and every episode is a complete case on it's own. Though I feel bad that poor Conan ends up making it look like Richard is the one solving the cases. Heh, that would suck.

The only thing I don't like? Over four hundred episodes and it's still running. At this rate I'll be retired before they manage to get around to translating the rest of this show. XP

• 1 year later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]I recently got into this show and was enjoying it quite a bit until I ran out of loaned DVD?s and found out that there are over 500 episodes to this show. And that was with me seeing over 50 episodes! o_O I also saw one of the movies too and all that did was leave me wanting to see more of it. However?

I do have a few things I find annoying about it. The biggest one is how the men in black seem to just about never factor into any of the episodes. It is fun how each one is a mystery and they put such good detail into the actual animation for you to pay attention to, but I find it kind of frustrating that it seemed to be dragged out quite a bit.

It?s like seeing filler episodes galore, only the filler is actually pretty good. I don?t know if that makes sense or not. XP Anyway, it?s a fun show. I really do like the twist of how he was turned into a [spoiler]kid[/spoiler] That just lead to all sorts of fun stuff in my opinion.

Anyway, now I just need more to watch. =P [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]The biggest one is how the men in black seem to just about never factor into any of the episodes. It is fun how each one is a mystery and they put such good detail into the actual animation for you to pay attention to, but I find it kind of frustrating that it seemed to be dragged out quite a bit. [/FONT][/QUOTE]My understanding is that some of the show was done different from the manga. It was altered to removed the men in black from episodes. Which in my opinion is a shame since I agree that having so little about them in the show was annoying.

However I have not seen beyond about the first 150 episodes so they might be in it more later on. But at the rate it's being released... who knows when I'll actually find out. Oh well.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']My understanding is that some of the show was done different from the manga. It was altered to removed the men in black from episodes. Which in my opinion is a shame since I agree that having so little about them in the show was annoying. [/QUOTE]That's correct. I've read the some of the manga and there are episodes where instead of staying true to the manga, they changed the villains to someone else.

I agree though Sabrina... I wish they hadn't done that since it makes the show feel like you're never getting anywhere. I do love watching it though. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I do love watching it though. :catgirl:[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]I do too since I love how all of the mysteries have such good attention to detail put into the show. So you really have to pay attention if you want to solve the mystery before they reveal what happened.

Anyway, I'm done with this show for now since I finished up the DVD's one of my friends loaned me. Hopefully they'll release more of this since I do like it.[/FONT]