OtakuBoards

Case Closed

Dagger

I've been following this series the whole time as well and the only thing that kind of bothers me a little bit is how most of the cases seem to be solved with Conan using the paralyze watch gun dart (I'm just guessing at the name of the tool) on the other detective (forgot his name I'm sorry) to much. I mean the conclusions to how most of the cases are solved are great, but how Conan gets them across to everyone else is kind of getting redundant. Hopefully the next few episodes will show Conan sloving and proving the cases to everyone else in a different way.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he uses the dart so that people won't know who he really is. I'm hoping he stops solving those stupid little cases and works on his own. So he can be big again. My question is what's with the Conan's Hint thing? I see no purpose. I think the show is great though.

[color=green][size=1]

Real sorry about that "Its not Anime" thing, Dagger. Must have been a typo of some sort. I know full well that the show is anime. Its one of my favorite anime. Sorry, sorry. I still forget what exactly I was trying to say, but I know for sure it is anime, why else would I have said it is one of my favorite anime in the same posts. Sorry again for the confusion.

As for the other two shows that will be airing, I had no idea about. I really can't wait, that sounds awsome. I though FMA was the only one debuing. Where do you get your info from?[/color][/size]

I've been watching Case Closed every night since about a week ago and I have to say that I really like it. I missed the first episode but that's one of the good things about the show, it doesn't really have a significant plotline to follow. I just don't know where and how he got all those gadgets. My favorite part about watching Case Closed is trying to solve the case along with them, they give you all the clues and sometimes you can even figure it out before they do.

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]I was hooked on Case Closed from the first episode. there is something about it that just appeals to the kid in me. I'm a big fan of detective fiction novels, so this series is right up my alley. I like the character designs. your right, they remind me of YYH. I love trying to figure out "who-done-it" before Jimmy can. What really get's me is his smart *** comments. Like in the one episode. "I'm just here because I'm afraid George is going to hurt himself with that bat." hehe, it cracks me up.

I don't know why we have to Americanize everything. What was wrong with the name "Detective Conan"? I think it suits the series better than "Case Closed". And changing the characters names. It' doesn't really bother me all that much, but I watched this series in Japenese. At least they made the names slightly the same. exp. Ran = Rachel.

The manga for this show is just as cute as the the anime. No matter what you watch or read, you'll be hooked from the beginning. You can tell why this series is still running, and has produced over 7 movies. I know I'll keep watching it![/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Okay now, I've been watching the episodes every day on the week days- but the only thing that I keep wondering is when is this series going to end? I like it and all, but I wanna see what will happen with Jimmy/ Conan's body and what will happen with the guys who made him into a little kid. All these other cases are real good for episodes- but what about the actual case with what happened to the main character? Will they eventually go back to it- or will they never tell? But other than what I wanna see, this show is a very good one. I like mystery type shows where it makes you think. So this is a favored one.[/COLOR]

Well I just learned that Funimation has only completed 52 episodes of Case Closed right now, which is just a drop in the bucket of all 230+ episodes.

As for Conan's quest to catch the people who changed him, I really don't think it'll be finished within those 52 shows. It'd most likely be solved towards the end of the series, which is a long ways off.

But then again, I'm new to the series and don't know whats gonna happen. :D

I missed the 1st couple of shows b/c I didn't think it would be any good but, one day I did sit down and watch.After that I saw it was a very good show but, I had no idea there were that many shows. Right now I watch Mon-Thur but it comes on at 1:00am now but. I do stay up to watch anyway!!!

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]Hey I checked out adult swim and it's going to show up tell next thursday or something like that they're only showing a couple of the episodes. the last one I think they're going to show is Billionaire Birthday Blues. Bye for now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=1] Could of sworn I posted in here before...ah well :p

This is a really fun series that I look forward to seeing each week. The characters are strong and interesting(Even the supporting ones) The mysteries themselves are always unique and I myself can only solve maybe alittle less then half of them myself...The rest im just clueless :D

Although I do have one worry...While this is indeed a great series I dont think it would hold up as well on repeat viewings. I mean the greatest pleasure I get from the series now is solving the mysteries but when it goes into reruns I will already know who the killer is each time so a measurable amount of the fun would be gone :(

I guess ill just have to wait and see if the series is as enjoyable on the second viewing :cool:

For the meantime ill enjoy all the new episodes and my attempts at solving the mysteries. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest Kamiya13
[color=indigo]Personaly, I thought it was pretty ok the first time I saw it. Now I never miss a show. ;) [/color]
[color=#4b0082][COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Try and add more detail to your posts in future, please- one-liners are against the Rules. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][/color]

It took a while for me to be hooked. At first it just seemed stupid to me for some reason, I guess I wasnt really paying attention to the story. Once I started to pay attention, I began to really like it, the stories are really complex and I love solving the mysteries for myself.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I missed the first episode. Which was on an accident. I must admit case closed is very good. I do enjoy TRYING to crack the cases. :D I like it because it's different than any anime I've ever watched. It's also very interesting to watch. Quite fun to watch with friends.[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shadowmatrix
Case Closed is hot and new. i would like to know what people think of it.to me personally,it is oddly a circular story yet it is always original. The chases, the gadgets and Conan Edogawa's masterful skills at solving cases. i give it an 8.0 out of 10

No offense to anyone but I hate that show for some reason.I would give it a 0/10, because that show literally puts me to sleep because it is so boring.I tried to stay up and watch it but it was like that show came up to me and knocked me out with its boringness. Remember no one attack me because I said this. :shifty: :sweat:

Guest bigspike
Case Closed isn't like the normal anime that you see and thats why i like it. its interesting that how no one even realzies how smart Conan actaully is, and that hes the one that solves the cases.

[COLOR=SlateGray]Dective Conan/Case Closed is unique from other anime. I mean,have you ever heard of a dective anime? I had my doubts before I saw it, but the first time I did, I stayed up to wacth the next episode, and the one after that and so on.The crimes are also unique and are pulled out in so many diffrent ways. [/COLOR][COLOR=SlateGray]It also reminds me of when I wanted to be a dective when I was little. ^_^[/COLOR] [COLOR=SlateGray]It's also fun to try to solve the cases before Conan does. Most of the time I can't though...[/COLOR]

Case Closed is likely one of the most underrated anime on Adult Swim's lineup.

It's kind of like Sherlock Holmes made babies with Lupin and dipped it into a barrel of chibi goodness. :D

But it is definitely addicting and I can barely miss an episode anymore. I also saw the first volume of the DVD in a Waldenbooks the other day. It supposedly has an episode that's never been seen.

But I heard 'round the grapevine that Adult Swim is showing a larger, undefined amount of episodes on their second run of the 52 episodes(which is happening now) So by the end of these 52 we should have more coming our way.

I hope that wasn't confusing.

[quote name='PNK']But I heard 'round the grapevine that Adult Swim is showing a larger, undefined amount of episodes on their second run of the 52 episodes(which is happening now) So by the end of these 52 we should have more coming our way.[/quote]
Unfortunately, it appears that CN does not plan on buying the rights to air new episodes--which is a shame, since this show was meant to be seen on TV; I don't think FUNimation will profit much from trying to market what will induitably end up being a truly obscene number of Case Closed DVDs. The show's length should be more than enough to deter many potential purchasers, particularly people who just liked to watch it on Adult Swim from time to time.

Personally, I'd jump at the chance to buy a best of Case Closed collection. Hopefully Funi will consider putting together some kind of "most popular episodes" package once the anime has been out for a couple of years.

~Dagger~

• 5 months later...
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I love this show to death. I've always loved puzzles, riddles, and just figuring things out. It was all so fun to me. And now you have all of that in an awesome plot, with wonderful characters, and [B]Jimmy/Rachel[/B] fluff. I just love it all. Too bad I haven't seen any of the movies.... or is able to watch it anymore.... Man, I love this show.[/SIZE][/COLOR]