OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within Sequel?

mononoke_man

It's not a sequel to Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It's in fact, a new FF movie taking place after the events of FF7. It'll include all the cast so it's gonna be incredibly awesome. I've read articles on it and have seen screenshots. Cloud looks amazing and real. His hair is more wavy than spikey, though :<

[quote name='Okibi Masurao']I heard a rumor going around that they were making a sequel to Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I don't know if it's true or not, but if anybody has any other info about it, reply to me.[/quote] [spoiler]Anybody watching the movie?... Alas, the captain died at the end of the movie, and Aki was sad... I still didn't know about ethe next ... :ball:[/spoiler]
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]
Please use spoiler tags in the future. I don't care, but I'm sure someone wouldn't like you ruining parts of the movie. - Semjaza[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']Even ignoring that, The Spirits Within did poorly commercially and critically. In fact, I don't think the Square studio that made the film even exists in the same capacity anymore due to the film's failure.[/quote]

[color=teal]Yeah, that little studio in Hawaii that they had made solely for The Spirits Within, what a waste. With that included, Square invested just over two hundred million dollars into this movie... with a very poor result of less than fifty million in the Box Office.

That led Square into an immense debt. In all honesty, they would have been better off without the damned thing. I think they were urged into making a movie that's actually about Final Fantasy from this bitter experience than some poor spin-off like TSW.

Disgraceful.[/color]

The Spirtis Within was a great movie.

Just so many of yo weird FF liker people had this weird obsession thinking that it would have something to do with the games, when in fact it was it's own story, then you all got upset and cried over it.

I despise FF games, with the exception of Crystal Chronicles, but the movie was great. I even own it on DVD and that says much cause I don't own DVDs unless the movie was really good to me.

Anyway, I suppose that doesn't corrospond witht he topic so much. Oh well.

I thought that the Spirits Within was one of the best anime films i've seen. Mind you I haven't seen many anime films. I hated the FF7 game though i love Final Fantasy. In my opinion it is the worst game in the series, but Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children looks realy cool. So many people thought it was a sequel game like X-2 when it was first announced.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Hah. The movie played out the only way Square could have made it -- like a feature-length FMV. In other words, totally without any intensity.

And any time you end up with a stupid plot in which you have to spend 30 minutes explaining the backstory behind it all (that stupid Gaea stuff, eesh), you're just digging your own grave. Add to that the most boring, plastic protagonists I've ever seen (even in CG films), as well as completely unnecessary character deaths, and the fact that the film was sci-fi CG rather than D&D-style fantasy CG (sci-fi CG is infinitely less interesting at this point), and you maybe deserve to lose over $100 million.

Even FF:AC is gonna be retarded unless they make it completely, 100% standalone. I don't want to have to read a synopsis of what happened in FF VII just so I know what's going on. And there also better be some semblance of a plot, because 90% of what we've been shown in its trailers is combat. Which looks cool (especially because of the just plain awesome camera angles), but it's not what I'm looking for in a Final Fantasy film.