OtakuBoards

AIM Chain Messeges

G/S/B Master

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]I've been back from the horrors of school. And I've come back to Otakuboard, only to see the Otaku Lounge crazier then ever.

Anyways have you gotten AIM chain messeges like this:[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]A little girl named Chelsey Mcaun was killed in 1933, by a homicidal maniac who buried her alive while chanting a satanic chant. "Tomo sama te bilastat" those were the words spoken, and now you have read them... anyone who reads the chant will meet this small child. In the middle of the night she will be on your ceiling, as you sleep. she will suffocate you as she was suffocated.... unless you send this to at least 20 people before tommorow, so she will leave you be, for your kindness.. NO SEND BACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]Oooh, I'm so scared. How is sending the messege to 20 people kind? Also, the small child must be fast as a cheetah and unlimited stamina. Because she geot a lot of people to choke XD.

There's nothing to fear, except for whoever wrote the messege. Because they need to create more creative words like Ramoes or something.

Post up your AIM chain messeges here, or talk about them.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote]"Tomo sama te bilastat"[/quote]
[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]
YOU WILL DIE IN 7 DAYS, I mean, TOMORROW grrrr!!!!111!!!!one!!!

Sounds like the curse is Japanese to me.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Harry']I immediately block anyone who sends me that crap.[/quote]

Likewise. People who buy into this kind of thing or think it should be passed on to others are simply not worth associating with.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Lady Macaiodh][color=darkblue'] "Now who the hell gave them my AIM name?"[/color][/quote]

[center][IMG]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/949/theanswer.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Anyways, if you don't want strangers messaging you, it's always possible to only allow those on your buddy list to contact you.

But yes, I've not been blessed with anything like this for a while, outside of emails, of course. So, sadly I don't have a humorous excerpt to contribute. Other than that, I can only echo what Harry said.

[quote name='Harry']I immediately block anyone who sends me that crap.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I don't have AIM. I have a Spam filter on my Hotmail account and the reason nobody except the people on my buddy list can get me on Yahoo is because I'm marked as invisible.

So I don't bother to look at the Junk mail in the junk box because i don't know who sent it.

But I do think those stupid emails are annoying. I'd love to strangle the first person who sent the message with their own computer mouse cord...unless they have one of those optic mice. If they have an optic mouse, I'll just bludgen them to death with it.[/color]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]I've had the 'Condom Truck' twice. A little series of dots and dashes that makes a picture of a truck, carrying condoms. Amazing.
[/size][/QUOTE]
It must take a lot of time to produce ascii art, it's a way you can tell that spammers have nothing esle to do with their miserable lives!

Ha. I've constantly told people not to send those things to me. Waste of my time and I get so many on my Yahoo Offline thing that it freezes my already-crappified computer =/ I'm not the kind of guy that blocks my pals so I'm not gonna. Most people have stopped sending them to me, thank goodness.

What's the good of 'em?

[color=#9933ff]I've gotten weird AIM things like that, but I don't remember the last one I did get - it was such a while ago (thank goodness). The chain e-mails are sometimes annoying, too. lol.

I have my buddy list preferenced so that only if you're on my buddy list, can you IM me. And I don't have my IM SN in my OB profile, either, so that eliminates stuff, too. O_o (because I have AOL, and aol people's e-mail address are the same as their SNs).

Jeeze, some people have waay too much time on their hands...[/color]

[color=#707875]I haven't had this problem in a long, long time...possibly years. That's because I don't allow people to search for me and I don't set myself as "available for chat". If you go to Edit Profile and uncheck those two options, you should be 100% fine.

People can still IM you if they get your name, but you won't get all that random crap.[/color]

As much as I despise those messages, thankfully I've only ever received a few. It helps that I'm not as well known as I was in the past... Means a lot less stupid people get ahold of your SN. But if they ever do, the block button helps me just as much as it helps everyone else here.

Guest laamberry
funny...i'v never gotten any of those...i get lots of those advertisments that come up and say "hi i'm so-and-so. check out my web cam" in AIM but never chain stuff...i didn't even know the exsited...

BTW, power to strong back!! wooh!!!!!!*sings the homestar runner theam*