OtakuBoards

myOtaku Suggestions / Features

jblessing

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#004a6f]I have a suggestion for the member list on myotaku. Why is it that only the top 500 members are displayed on the list? There's over 45000 active myotaku sites, and even those really low on the list may have updated recently. I personally go through the list and try to visit sites that have recently updated, so I think every active site should be listed.

Also, it would be nice to arrange the list by most popular, oldest or newest members, and most recently updated. And alphabetical order too.[/COLOR]

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[SIZE=1]Why isnt there any public groups to join?

I think it would be kind of cool to have instant access to people who have the same interests as you, instead of searching the forums.

But i think i could understand the downsizes to it also, as far as more things to moderate and having group forums about the same topics that are in the public forums. But still just an idea.[/SIZE]

• 6 months later...
Guest AllE K.
Hi everyone.
THIS IS IMPORTANT

i have a large problem with my site. after a recent post with a customized emotion icon that took up a large amount of room, the text in my posts suddenly runs off the page. it's not just at the end of sentences or anything, either. whole phrases are lost to the nether regions of the site background. i do not know what to do about this, and i have also seen it on other people's sites. it is seriously frustrating, and i cannot program my own site, so i'm helpless. s.o.s. unless no one wants to read my posts. and i know a few people who do, so please help fix. ;)

luvs, AllE K.

p.s.

i really don't know if i'm posting this in the correct place; i normally don't use forums. so, if someone could tell me if i'm wrong, it would be appreciated. thanks. XP

----------------------------

[QUOTE=Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f]I have a suggestion for the member list on myotaku. Why is it that only the top 500 members are displayed on the list? There's over 45000 active myotaku sites, and even those really low on the list may have updated recently. I personally go through the list and try to visit sites that have recently updated, so I think every active site should be listed.

Also, it would be nice to arrange the list by most popular, oldest or newest members, and most recently updated. And alphabetical order too.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

oh my, that would be a lot of work. but i definatley see where you're coming from. i agree completely. i'm kinda new myself, and i would enjoy being noticed....XD[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]I merged your posts together [B]AllE K.[/B] next time if you wish to add something use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post. Do not double post. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
In my opinion, I tend to get frustrated in the pms I received? Mines states that I have 3 unread messages and I don?t have anything waiting for me. I mean Im glad with the progress MyOtaku is doing to our fellow users, but that?s the only thing I wished for it to be fixed.

I understand that you guys are working hard so if his is a meaningless suggestion, you can ignore it.

I know that this is in the list for things to be fixed, but this problem needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It is 'Ban' a user from commenting on ones' myO. Also let me add they need "Ban a user from sending private messages to certain members. I'm suggestion this because one of my friends is being harassed by another member, and she can't report this person. All I'm asking is that they need to solve this issue fast. :(

[COLOR=Indigo][quote name='Catgirl08']I know that this is in the list for things to be fixed, but this problem needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It is 'Ban' a user from commenting on ones' myO. Also let me add they need "Ban a user from sending private messages to certain members. I'm suggestion this because one of my friends is being harassed by another member, and she can't report this person. All I'm asking is that they need to solve this issue fast. :([/quote]Sure you can report it. Comments have a report link, just be sure to not instantly delete the message or else there won't be anything there for the moderator to see. It's really the best way to deal with it since as far as I know there isn't a plan to add an 'ignore' feature like one has here at OB.

Also, if someone is sending harassing pm's take a screen shot of the pm in question and send them to one of the moderators over at theOtaku so they can see just what is going on. I'm pretty sure that SunfallE handles the reports on comments and such so your friend can pm her here at OtakuBoards or at her myO account here: [URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/sunfalle]SunfallE[/URL]

Just host the screen shots of the pm's and send her a link. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Roleni-Chan]In my opinion, I tend to get frustrated in the pms I received? Mines states that I have 3 unread messages and I don?t have anything waiting for me. I mean Im glad with the progress MyOtaku is doing to our fellow users, but that?s the only thing I wished for it to be fixed.

I understand that you guys are working hard so if his is a meaningless suggestion, you can ignore it.[/QUOTE]
Adam just spent 3 solid hours on Monday working just on this very problem. You can head over to his myO page to read about his adventures with the PM issues. This is a problem we are working on so please be patient as it is sorted out.

[quote name='Panda']Adam just spent 3 solid hours on Monday working just on this very problem. You can head over to his myO page to read about his adventures with the PM issues. This is a problem we are working on so please be patient as it is sorted out.[/quote]

I understand. When I posted this one out, I couldn't log in so I notice that he was working on the PMs. I wrote this before this happen.

I deeply apologized.

• 3 months later...
A section where members could put there Deviant Art galleries or Myspace would be nice. Perhaps make it a subforum in the art section , that would allow members on here to become better friends. And it wouldn't be leeching if you made it a ten post requirement to post in it.

Just my two cents. XD

• 2 months later...
[color=#4B0082]Do you mean on myOtaku, or OtakuBoards? This is a thread for myOtaku suggestions but as far as I know myOtaku doesn't have any preset avatars to choose from.

If you mean here on OB then it's pretty much up to members to post them in the [thread=37977][u]Avatar Submission Thread[/u][/thread]. I've never seen Yu-Gi-Oh, so I haven't made any avatars for the series, but you and others are welcome to submit some in the thread. Just remember to follow the rules in the first post when submitting avatars.[/color]

• 1 year later...
I do hope I'm posting this in the right section--it's a suggestion for the category arrangements on theOtaku. The Sgt Frog and Keroro Gunsou fandoms should be merged into a single Keroro Gunsou/Sgt Frog section as they're really the same thing. ;P Sorry if this is the wrong place ^^;

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Marlynna Saige']I do hope I'm posting this in the right section--it's a suggestion for the category arrangements on theOtaku. The Sgt Frog and Keroro Gunsou fandoms should be merged into a single Keroro Gunsou/Sgt Frog section as they're really the same thing. ;P Sorry if this is the wrong place ^^;[/quote]I actually take care of categories over at theOtaku and I plan on putting those two categories together. Thanks for the information though. :catgirl: If you have other questions about the categories, you can pm me at any time over at theOtaku: [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/sabrinam"][U]SabrinaM[/U][/URL] [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I actually take care of categories over at theOtaku and I plan on putting those two categories together. Thanks for the information though. :catgirl: If you have other questions about the categories, you can pm me at any time over at theOtaku: [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/sabrinam"][U]SabrinaM[/U][/URL] [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. Thanks! :D