Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20372&stc=1[/img][/center]

Greetings, fellow peopleses. ^_^ I am Dragon Warrior, a sexah beast and this is the [b]Poet's Corner[/b], a small game idea I had that will involve your cunning poetry skills :)

This is a little game, ye see, where everyone can join in and play (if you've got the game and skill >:^D). The idea is that we write one huge poem! Wee! But this is a game that if you participate, you have to actually write the poem well! That means grammar and spelling errors are a no no :3 That and the poem actually has to sound right XD

The trick is I'll start us off by doing 4 lines of poetry (everyone has to do 4 lines every time they post) and then I'll give a word (it has to be rhymable). The next person has to continue the same poem I started (that means stick to the storyline if any) but they have to use the word I supplied in their 4 lines. Easy? I'll show what I mean in this quick example:

[b]Poem:[/b] The pup went outside today,
he noticed it was a glorious day.
He found a bone buried in the ground,
he was so damn happy he danced around.

[b]Word:[/b] Hippo.

Now the next person posts.

[b]Poem:[/b] The pup then saw a hippo,
who was big and smelly and fat.
The hippo frightened the puppy,
who woulda ever thought of that!

----------------
Obviously that poem I was writing sucked big time, but it was an example. I hope you guys don't write crappily like that XD The poem story or whatever obviously can't go on forever so I'm going to start a new poem every now and then. So now that you understand the concept, let's begin!
----------------
[b]Poem:[/b] I sense them close,
I sense them near.
Their hand of death,
chills my fear.

[b]Word:[/b] Musty

Hehe... I'm so excited that I think I just wrote crappy again :D But this is to start us. I can't expect the best just yet ^_^ Get crackin'!
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[Quote]I sense them close,
I sense them near.
Their hand of death,
chills my fear.[/Quote]
-=-=-=-
[B]Word:[/B] Musky

[I]The air around,
Musky with age,
Breaking my mind,
Clouding with rage[/I]
-=-=-=-=-
[B]Word:[/B] Deep
Posted
Poem:

Greive fills my head, my soul and heart
The two of us, you broke apart
The friendship that you had once known
Is now hate and is set in stone

Word: Believe
Posted
[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Yay! This is my first literary post ^_^x I don't know if Eli's post was quite fitting but here goes...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]~*~*~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]Like threads and needles we coincide
To make a masterpiece that soon will collide
Do you believe we can turn back time
And end this sad and forsaken rhyme?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]~*~*~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Word: Flow[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]I hope this is alright.

[B]Word:[/B] Flow

[B]Poem:[/B] Like the river and the brooke
Or words and pages of a book.
Wisdom earned is never slow,
And like the river shall always flow.

[b]Word:[/b] Hope[/SIZE]
Posted
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the point to make one big poem? I'll just go off the last post and continue it then...
-=-=-=-=-=-
Word: Hope

Weaving in and out,
dipping deep then shallow,
this river of wisdom, river of hope,
snakes along existence at a steady lope
-=-=-=-
Word: Turn

(That was the best I could do to continue the previous post, as it didn't want to have more added onto it)
Posted
Yes. It's suppose to match the main point of the poem. Everyone must remember that they must make one big poem, not seperate little poems. That last poem was about some people or "things" coming and it was scary XD We kinda got out of that.

I'll start a new poem now and we'll get things together again. Remember to follow the storyline or the pieces of the poem won't match.
---------------
[b]Poem:[/b] If I had a wish,
I would soar in the sky,
God gave me a turn,
to see the world by.

[b]Word:[/b] Last
Posted
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][SIZE=1]Erm... I'm not very good with light-hearted poems...^_^x

[COLOR=DarkOrange]~*~*~*~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Purple]And every small and great things I shall see
Fishes, oceans, and monkeys in a tree
But what really would give me glee
Are the last raindrops falling over me[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]~*~*~*~[/COLOR]

Word: Smile[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
Posted
[b]Poem:[/b] And yet I smile at something so dear,
as a raindrop falls from the sky like a tear.
The skies are crying, though I enjoy it so,
they'll be happy someday, this I know.

[b]Word:[/b] Doomed
Posted
[B][CENTER]Poem[/CENTER][/B]

[CENTER]Tears mark their path across my soul,
Betrayal of emotion of the world as a whole,
For the skies darken now, hate gathers
An evil storm is brewing, land and creature alike doomed.[/CENTER]
-=-=-=-=-
[B]Word:[/B] Pain
Posted
[SIZE=1][B]Poem:[/B] My mind at peace,
My heart increase,
The rains do quicken,
My heart unstricken.

[b]Word:[/b] Good[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]I thought the word was meant to rhyme Gavynn.

[b]Poem:[/b] Her form so pure,
Her voice alure,
Her masterful spell,
Within I dwell.[/SIZE]
Posted
It does rhyme. Masterful, gullible. I can think of a few words that rhyme ;) Bytheway you forgot a word.
------------
[b]Poem:[/b]And so I sit,
still pondering here,
a life so dim,
but not one I fear.
-----------
New Poem time. I'll give someone the privelage of starting it.

[b]Word:[/b] Touch
Posted
[b]Poem:[/b]
The morning bird trills its joyful song,
Its notes so high, so clear and long,
And as I wake I long to touch,
These shining notes I love so much.

[b]Word:[/b]
Righteous
Posted
That's the best poem I've seen in this thread yet ;) Good work.
--------------
[b]Poem:[/b] To be so righteous and so free,
I'd have the world come with me.
To the stars above where they twinkle so,
our dreams cast memories of what we know.

[b]Word:[/b] Word :)
Posted
[b]Poem:[/b]
And in this dream world I have made,
I'm safe as my head upon pillow is laid,
Peace is the only word so spake,
In the land of dreams before i wake.

[b]Word:[/b] Arch
Posted
[SIZE=1][B]Poem:[/B] Wonder sets into my mind,
The silver on which a cloud is lined,
My heart a mixture of bliss and thrill,
To time it seems to make stand still.

Bah that last line sounds like something Yoda would say.

[b]Word:[/b] Heights[/SIZE]
Posted
[b]Poem:[/b]
And yet my soul is beckoned forth,
From out my bliss into this earth.
From thrilling heights to dirt I fall,
To owning naught, from having all.

[b]Word:[/b] Vintage
Posted
New Poem.

[b]Poem:[/b] Life is a vintage of my memories,
from which I cherish with all my heart.
The thoughts of my past, the good ole times,
lead to my future and what I start.

[b]Word:[/b] Coward
---------
I'm guessing this poem is about this person's past that makes them wary of their future.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...