OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts 2

Rachael

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]How many people really mess with the Gummi Ship stuff? Though I only really have one goal for it, and may not do it in Proud mode, I still like it, but no one's talked about it.

But then again, I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the Gummi Ships in Kingdom Hearts I as well...

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']How come I never get that when I make a post in Anime Lounge? :animecry:[/color][/quote]
Off-Topic again: Because I haven't seen you in the Anime Lounge in forever, probably not this year... :wigout:

I promise to have one reserved for you, though. ;)[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My brother does, Tatsubei.

I could really care less about the gummi ship (do you need to do all the missions to get 100%?). I let him do everything that has to do with the darned things. Even if it's not as borning as the first one, I still hate to do them.

My brother actually changes the design (if thats what you call it) on the gummi ship on the first game from time to time. He calls is "pimping his gummi ship."

And about the button mashing at the end during the fight with Xenmas, let's just say my hand is still recovering from it.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='xmystic_silverx']I could really care less about the gummi ship (do you need to do all the missions to get 100%?). I let him do everything that has to do with the darned things. Even if it's not as borning as the first one, I still hate to do them.[/quote]

Nah, there's a seperate % thing for Jiminy's Journal and the Gummi Ship stuff. I'm just doing it until I get a Chocobo, Cactuar, and Tonberry model Gummi Ships, but then I'll probably keep on playing it just for fun.

Also, I recall a long time ago, I thought the Human-shaped Nobodies were called Unknowns... Am I mistaken? Maybe they were called that in Chain of Memories...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Has anybody seen the secret ending to this game?
It on youtube.com, if you search for "kingdom hearts secret ending".

My thoughts:

[spoiler]Who are those knights? Those keyblades also look familiar, but I don't think its Sora and the gang. I've read on Wikipedia that the next KH game will not be a direct sequal. Will this be in future? And then there's the Org XIII cloak that appears at the end..."memory of Xenahort/Ansem" were the words by it, so maybe we're not done with that guy yet? Other boards seem to speculate that there were these Japanese words in the Deep Dive video that read "Heartless...Nobody...Endless". Are the "endless" the new enemy? I mean, nothing's been verified, but I've been thinking about this all day.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Charon]Has anybody seen the secret ending to this game?
It on youtube.com, if you search for "kingdom hearts secret ending".

My thoughts:

[spoiler]Who are those knights? Those keyblades also look familiar, but I don't think its Sora and the gang. I've read on Wikipedia that the next KH game will not be a direct sequal. Will this be in future? And then there's the Org XIII cloak that appears at the end..."memory of Xenahort/Ansem" were the words by it, so maybe we're not done with that guy yet? Other boards seem to speculate that there were these Japanese words in the Deep Dive video that read "Heartless...Nobody...Endless". Are the "endless" the new enemy? I mean, nothing's been verified, but I've been thinking about this all day.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

heres my thoughts:

[spoiler]Well what i think the gang is (you might be thinking sora donald and goofy) sora with the two blades in the middle and rikku on the right (heres the very interesting part.) and kairi on the left. You can see this by kairi's lets say bussoms :animesmil. you might be like "kairi?! what the heck" well the thing is, is that kairi at the end of the KH2 game she started useing the keyblade and helped killing the haertless plus the fact that she said she was not going to let them (rikku and sora) go off on adventures with out her now so those are my thoughts. :animeknow [/spoiler]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Gee, that's harsh...I was about to look to....:animedepr

But sometimes, people don't have the ability to do the task this thing asks you to do. I know if you had to do the Gummi Ship stuff to get the Secret Ending, then you may even be checking it out on YouTube, right? I know I would be.

Also some people are impatient, too, and can't wait until after they conquer the game completely. ;)

But Holy crap! Thirty Seconds! Yet another reason for YouTube... :animeswea [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ouches >.>;;

Well in other news I wanted to say that you don't actually have to beat the game on 100% to see the ending. As long as you play hard mode you only have to lock all the worlds. -found this out the hard way-

In my opinion though I think that [spoiler]that if the next one has anything at all to do with a sequal to Kingdom hearts 2. Instead of fighting Heartless maybe you have to fight off other kids who want to become the real keyblade wielder?[/spoiler]

Thats only my opinion though. :cool: [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Gee, that's harsh...I was about to look to....:animedepr

But sometimes, people don't have the ability to do the task this thing asks you to do. I know if you had to do the Gummi Ship stuff to get the Secret Ending, then you may even be checking it out on YouTube, right? I know I would be.

Also some people are impatient, too, and can't wait until after they conquer the game completely. ;)

But Holy crap! Thirty Seconds! Yet another reason for YouTube... :animeswea [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

My post was deleted, but thanks for your thoughts.
Every time I post here my post is deleted...
I feel offended >>

My thoughts are:

If you don't have the ability to do the task, you don't derserve to see the ending.
If you aren't patient, you don't derserve to see the ending.
If you can't do it in thirty seconds... You don't derserve to see it. [I havn't been able to :(]

I'm not only saying that to the reader of this post, I'm saying it to everyone. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I am just trying to bring up a desent conversation.

Thanks for your time,

David

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]My post was deleted, but thanks for your thoughts.
Every time I post here my post is deleted...
I feel offended >>[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Now you know how other people feel when you tell them they suck and don't deserve to see the secret ending unless they've unlocked it themselves. :rolleyes:[/color]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Nah, there's a seperate % thing for Jiminy's Journal and the Gummi Ship stuff. I'm just doing it until I get a Chocobo, Cactuar, and Tonberry model Gummi Ships, but then I'll probably keep on playing it just for fun.

Also, I recall a long time ago, I thought the Human-shaped Nobodies were called Unknowns... Am I mistaken? Maybe they were called that in Chain of Memories...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Okay, that's good.

I think they might have been called Unknowns in CoM. Im not sure and I dont have the game to check.

To Hanabishi:

I'm worse than everyone here! I saw the secret ending before the game was released in America and I don't regret it. Not only that but I saw the opening and the regular ending as well.

I could care less whether or not I was ruining it for myself.

I'm going to tell you that I will [i]never[/i] get the secret ending on KHII. Why? Because on the last tournament at the colessium you have to get 15,000 points to complete that mission in Jiminy's journal and just getting through that last paradox cup is hard enough!

So, if we dont beat all those minigames that have absolutely nothing more to do with the storyline, we dont deserve to see the ending? I think beating the game should make us worthy enough to watch it. Its not like jumping on enough ballons with tigger is going to make us understand the ending anymore than most people already do.

Anway.. My thoughts on the secret ending are:
[spoiler]
That the armored people in the video are not from the previous KH games. I read somewhere that KHIII was supposed to be about the past of the keyblades so I can only think that the people that we see are the original owners of the keyblades.

I think the words "keyblade war" flash across the screen and maybe at one time there were a lot of people who came to possess a keyblade and they all fought.

It's hard to say. Atleast in the Deep Dive video you could figure out one of the characters. The forums at KHinsider and Kingdom Hearts ultimania have a couple of really good theories that you can check out.

But I'm positive that Tetsuya said that Sora's story is over so he wont be in KHIII.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Now you know how other people feel when you tell them they suck and don't deserve to see the secret ending unless they've unlocked it themselves. :rolleyes:[/color][/quote]

Thats not exactly what I'm saying.
I'm saying it in a MUCH nicer way for everyone else.
Saying it like that is just plain rude.

But the basic meaning of what I'm saying, you are very correct.
You might think the meaning of what I'm saying it rude, but really.
Think on this for alittle while, use some commen sence.

I would much rather people do it.
I'll stop rambling on about this since I know everybody is like, "Its Hanabishi, he doesn't know. I would much rather watch it on youtube".

But you know what?
I know it won't change it. And if you are going to watch it, you probably already have. I am just saying, I want to get it fair.

[color=darkred]I'd much prefer it if we didn't get into the ethics of whether downloading endings off the internet that other people worked hard to see is right or wrong, since it'd just cause sparks to fly, kind of like now. Wouldn't it be better to comment on how tough it is to get to see the secret ending, without any form of judgement? I mean, things would be a lot more friendly, and it's the mature approach to take.

I'm not going to comment on who's right or who's wrong, as I'd just be handing out more ammunition, but I'll say this: If you want to watch the ending at youtube.com, then that's fine. If you want to get it yourself, then that's also fine, but I don't see how causing a ruckus here will change any thing, as Hanabishi Recca said.[/color]

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Thats not exactly what I'm saying.
I'm saying it in a MUCH nicer way for everyone else.
Saying it like that is just plain rude.

But the basic meaning of what I'm saying, you are very correct.
You might think the meaning of what I'm saying it rude, but really.
Think on this for alittle while, use some commen sence.

I would much rather people do it.
I'll stop rambling on about this since I know everybody is like, "Its Hanabishi, he doesn't know. I would much rather watch it on youtube".

But you know what?
I know it won't change it. And if you are going to watch it, you probably already have. I am just saying, I want to get it fair.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Maybe not now, but in the post I deleted you were. I recall the phrase, "you suck," coming up in it a number of times, usually preceeded by, "If you can't..." Which is why I deleted it. It seemed pretty rude to me, and walking the line on flaming.

I understand your views on the subject, since I hold similar thoughts. I also prefer to work for things myself in video games, rather than running to a walkthrough for help or whatever. But I don't rant at people who do and tell them they suck, either wrapped up in pretty semantics or not. I think that sort of thing is inappropriate and doesn't hold any value here, but that's exactly what you were doing in that last post.

Speaking to everyone here, if you want to work for the ending yourself, that's great and you're free to voice that opinion. But that doesn't give you the right to put down others who watch it online. I want that to be clear, because it and other thinly veiled insults like it aren't tolerated.

If anyone has any farther questions or concerns, you can PM me. This thread, however, should be getting back onto the subject of Kingdom Hearts 2 now.[/color]

Yeah... getting back on topic, I just finished the game. I'm actually quite happy about it, considering that I almost threw a fit when I realized I was getting toward the end. It appeared to go by a lot quicker than KH, although maybe that's because I played KH over a period of months, a few minutes at a time. In comparison, I pretty much ate up KH2.

I'm glad that they emphasized [spoiler]the mutual bond between all three friends rather than anything overtly romantic. I much prefer to see them (Riku included) as pure, innocent kids. Even the suggestion of a kiss would ruin that vibe, but I'm cool with the dynamic the three of them have right now.[/spoiler] And I'll be honest: I cried during [spoiler]Sora, Kairi and Riku's first reunion scene.[/spoiler] Video games seem to reduce me to tears rather easily; perhaps it's just as well that I don't play very many of them. :animedepr

My biggest complaint is that [spoiler]giving Kairi a Keyblade and then letting her use it for, oh, all of three seconds was an incredibly cruel tease. Assuming there's another game, she had better be a playable character. For that matter, I was a little disappointed that neither she nor Riku were ever playable characters in this game... I was sort of expecting at least one of them to step up. Well, whatever.[/spoiler]

The best twist (not that there were very many of them) was [spoiler]Riku's changed appearance. That took me by surprise. I also like how Kairi was totally unfazed by it, haha.[/spoiler] On the other hand, it was kind of lame that, for all practical purposes, [spoiler]Ansem was the villain AGAIN (yeah, not really Ansem, but you know what I mean).[/spoiler] At least he got a hair upgrade.

It's too bad that they didn't show Tifa or Cloud during the ending credits in which practically every other character in the entire game got a second or two of screentime. On a related note, I thought Tifa's voice actress was just awesome; it's too bad that Aerith-sama got completely shafted in comparison. But one thing which pleased me was that Aerith got to show a lot more of her personality this time around. I kept running back to Hollow Bastion just to see her & Tifa say the same lines over and over. I guess that would make me some kind of virtual stalker... :animeswea

Also, why is Cloud [i]still[/i] such a huge, honking dork? Two beautiful women in his vincinity and all he can do is make emo faces and mutter stuff about [spoiler]feeling Sephiroth's presence in his heart.[/spoiler]

But all of that aside, I'm going to try and get the secret ending. Let me make sure I have this straight--if I'm playing on normal mode, I have to get Jiminy's journal up to 100%, right? Are there any other conditions?

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]
And I'll be honest: I cried during [spoiler]Sora, Kairi and Riku's first reunion scene.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
So did I. I almost had the same reaction as Sora. I was really suprised that he finally showed up and when [spoiler]Sora started crying about Riku[/spoiler] my friends and I couldn't help but say "Awww" ;.;
[Quote]
My biggest complaint is that [spoiler]giving Kairi a Keyblade and then letting her use it for, oh, all of three seconds was an incredibly cruel tease.[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Kairi [spoiler]getting a keyblade of her own kinda ruined it for me. I thought, "Wow, now all they need is to give Donald and Goofy a keyblade!" I didn't think that she needed one and I don't understand why they actually gave her one.[/spoiler] It's supposed to be some great ancient weapon and now they're giving it out to everyone? It's not gonna be so great after awhile.
[quote]
But all of that aside, I'm going to try and get the secret ending. Let me make sure I have this straight--if I'm playing on normal mode, I have to get Jiminy's journal up to 100%, right? Are there any other conditions?[/quote]
Yep. That's it. Nothing else. I have 99% right now and I can't beat the last three paradox cups with their required scores. I'm so close, yet so far.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Dagger]I'm glad that they emphasized [spoiler]the mutual bond between all three friends rather than anything overtly romantic. I much prefer to see them (Riku included) as pure, innocent kids. Even the suggestion of a kiss would ruin that vibe, but I'm cool with the dynamic the three of them have right now.[/spoiler] And I'll be honest: I cried during [spoiler]Sora, Kairi and Riku's first reunion scene.[/spoiler'] Video games seem to reduce me to tears rather easily; perhaps it's just as well that I don't play very many of them. :animedepr [/quote]
Every since Kingdom Hearts 1 ended, I [B][I]HAD[/I][/B] to play the sequel in order to get that "Happy Ending" Feeling... I remember how bad I felt considering [spoiler]Riku and Mickey were behind a door of evilness...[/spoiler]

So when[spoiler]the trio was finally reunited, a little tear came from my eye...[/spoiler]

I was so happy...:D

Also, who did yall think was the strongest Org. XII members? I was surprised that the first two (The Sitar one, and Xaldin, the Six Lance dude) were stronger than the two you fought before the last one.

In the Xaldin fight, I was killed, Mickey rescued me, Drived to Anit-Form, died around, Mickey rescued me [I][B]AGAIN[/B][/I], and then I finished him. In my opinion, it was the hardest fight in the game!

Also, where do you go to skateboard in all the stages? I can't seem to find them anywhere, though I can find the skateboard... :animestun

Also I currently have 95%. :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Also, who did yall think was the strongest Org. XII members? I was surprised that the first two (The Sitar one, and Xaldin, the Six Lance dude) were stronger than the two you fought before the last one.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I thought they were all kind of lame, to be honest. The fight with the gambler (whose name I can't remember) was interesting and irritating at the same time, but it wasn't actually that hard. I guess I had the most trouble with the Demyx (I mean the sitar dude--did I spell his name right?) battle in [spoiler]Hollow Bastion.[/spoiler] I thought I was in the clear, and then the [spoiler]"kill five forms in five seconds"[/spoiler] thing popped up and completely took me by surprise.

I didn't even know you could be rescued by Mickey until I got to the ending stats and saw that I had been rescued by Mickey.... 0 times. :animeswea

Anyway, I was quite thrown off by the fact that [spoiler]most of the Org. XIII members were already dead.[/spoiler] Does that get explained in Chain of Memories? Speaking of which, is Chain of Memories really worth playing, or should I just go read a summary if I'm curious about how its plot ties in to KH2's plot?

~Dagger~

[quote]Also, who did yall think was the strongest Org. XII members? I was surprised that the first two (The Sitar one, and Xaldin, the Six Lance dude) were stronger than the two you fought before the last one.[/quote]
I didn't find any of them that hard but there were some times that I've almost died against.... only one member of the Irg. XIII members and that was that guy with the six lances. Other than that, my only fight I found myself struggling with is the fight with Xenmas simply because my fingers are worn out after a certain attack. >_>

The only fight I died on (like 7 times) was the fight against Sephiroth. That Heartless Angel or whatever it's called should be banned or something. >_< (I know, takes away the fun.... that's just my inner child talking.... I don't mind hard fights... Just wanted to throw the controller a couple of times though.)

[quote name='GUNmanZERO7']Sephiroth was easy for me and so was Org XIII. When they play the Sephiroth song what do they say? The only thing I can Make out is "Sephiroth".[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sephiroth was a wimp in KH2. After hours upon hours of trying to beat hin in KH 1 Sephritoh in KH2 was too easy. His only move that will complelty #### you over is his heartless angel. If you stay close you can easily dominate him.

I was very dissapointed with this fight it was fun and all but I spet a year and a half trying to beat him in KH 1. I beat him on this one on the second try [/COLOR] :animesigh .

Guest X-post
Sephiroth wasn't the problem for me the only fights I struggled were the fights with
Xaldin(the man with six lances), the 1000 heartsless fight, and Xemnas other than
that the game was fairly easy for me although I hate xemnas's desperation attack
after that I could barly defend my self because I was so tired.

Guest EzekielTsurai
[QUOTE=X-post]Sephiroth wasn't the problem for me the only fights I struggled were the fights with
Xaldin(the man with six lances), the 1000 heartsless fight, and Xemnas other than
that the game was fairly easy for me although I hate xemnas's desperation attack
after that I could barly defend my self because I was so tired.[/QUOTE]

Well I had a lot of fun during thr 1000 heartless fight, in fact, one time I just fought them without using magick or any reaction commands XD But Xaldin did give me a hard time, i'll admit. I got used to using Learn and Jump though. Xemnas was one of my favorite fights, the reaction commands were useful and awsome to watch. Sephiroth won't be too much of a problem for me, my friend defeated him at level 63, and i'm close to that.

Yea Xaldin was one of the hardest bosses that I played in kingdom hearts, but thanks to Mik.M I beat him, Sephiroth took me about 15 times to beat him the first time I faced him I died in 10 seconds. But the movie with cloud and sephiroth was worth it.

The easyest way to get the secert ending is to do it on pround mode, beace its not to hard even in pround mode.

The last battle took me about a hours to play but only died once on the 4th stage.
The secert ending was really cool, [spoiler]with the three people in amror I wonder who the person was at the end walking toward you in it...[/spoiler]

Peace Out

[color=darkred][size=1]Added spoiler tags. -- Bombu[/size][/color]

[COLOR=NavyBlue][SIZE=1][quote name='Dagger']Does that get explained in Chain of Memories? Speaking of which, is Chain of Memories really worth playing, or should I just go read a summary if I'm curious about how its plot ties in to KH2's plot?[/quote]

Personally, I thought CoM was irritating, at best...I'd just read a summary, unless you're [i]really[/i] wanting to play the game. I don't recommend it, though.

And I agree with your statement of Org. XIII being, well, pathetic. Because they where. I didn't have any problems with them, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me beat Sephy...oh well. Guess I need to level up some more, eh?

~Ex
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Oh, sorry Dagger! I forgot to answer your question! :animedepr

Well about the Organization...

[spoiler]In Chain of Memories, Sora kills off like 4, and Riku kills 1.[/spoiler]

I actually liked Chain of Memories considering it was more than just button-mashing... :animestun [/FONT][/COLOR]