OtakuBoards

LostProphets v.s. Yellowcard

Jamvis

[COLOR=SlateGray]I know they aren't exactly on the same level, but in the battle of the bands, who would win? I love them too much equally and I just bought Start Something by LostProphets, hoping to get Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard sometime soon, but I really like their music. So... Vote, then tell me why.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Jamvis']I know they aren't exactly on the same level[/quote]

[size=1]
No, I'd have to say that Yellowcard and LostProphets are definatly on the same level, the level called "Emo."

But in a battle of the bands I'd have to say that Yellowcard would win, simply because of the fact that I like them better, even if I'm not all that fond of any emo bands. :/
[/size]

[QUOTE=Magdalena][size=1]
No, I'd have to say that Yellowcard and LostProphets are definatly on the same level, the level called "Emo."
[/size][/QUOTE]

I do not think that that statement is entirely true. Yellowcard is a pop-punk band with an added element of the viola/violin. LostProphets, however, is a more rock-punk band from the UK.

But back to the poll. I love both bands, but I'm going to go with LostProphets on this one. Their music isn't repetitive. Their debut album, [B]The Fake Sound of Progress[/B] was very successful in the UK before coming over to the US. One thing that made me angry with the United States when the LostProphets came over is that they began making them mainstream with their 2nd album, [B]Start Something[/B]. Also, when the video for Last Train Home came out, MTV featured it on the Advanced Warning show. Who are we to call one of the biggest UK bands a "Advanced Warning" band? They were HUGE in the UK.

Well there's my rant, thanks for reading.

I have to say 'Prophets.
Both of their albums are brilliant, I perfer Start Something but i think thats because there was too long a gap between it and The Fake Sound of Progress, so i heard the songs from FSP too many times.
I've seen them live and they are a very good live band.
I do like Yellowcard but not as much as 'Prophets!

Guest Evilduck00
I must say that I agree with the band lost prophets is awesome! Yet I'm not really a yellowcard fan, and I love emo and punk rock music. Im also an indie fan like The pillows. Wow you saw them live!? That's cool! ;)

Oh, I know! They both fricken suck! Don't you guys have any taste in music at all? Seriously, both Yellowcard and LostProphets bring absolutely nothing new to the genre, and they're both just overpopular "teen" bands that everybody listens to. Just two more mindless pop-punk bands the world could do without. I must also add that all this "pop" punk crap is an overwhelming disgrace to punk. Punk rock was a form of music based on rebelity and saying what had to be said, and now it's turning into all this love song **** with absolutely no meaning at all. I suggest you all try listening to some real music.....

You act like this is some sort of contest.. The quality of yellowcard is nothing compaired to LP... not to mention they arent a one hit wonder like yellowcard T.T

If I have to listen to ocean avenu one more time ill kill that stupid singer -.-

Also LP is much better live proving that there more talented ^_^ :D

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]How are they emo? I personally think Yellowcard are one of the worst bands in the world because the singers voice could shatter windows, not by going to high, but by being so crap.

Lostprophets I like because there singer is decent, they have great guitar players and as said in a previous post, there music is [B]NOT[/B] repetitive.

But i don't see how either could fit into the category Emo. As The Nameless said, Yellowcard are a pop-punk band with the extra of a viola in it. The viola is the only thing that got them to where they are. "Oh a Viola/Violin in a 'rawk' band, cool".

The Lostprophets are a heavier modern punk rock band. They got where they are because there music hit the people where it hurts, if you know what i mean. The Lostprophets grabbed everyones ear with there awesome guitarists. (Even though i've heard better >.<)

So i would have to definetley go with the LostProphets.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='TOTALIMMORTAL']Oh, I know! They both fricken suck! Don't you guys have any taste in music at all?[/quote]

Yes, and it's different from yours. Is that a problem?

[QUOTE]Seriously, both Yellowcard and LostProphets bring absolutely nothing new to the genre, and they're both just overpopular "teen" bands that everybody listens to. Just two more mindless pop-punk bands the world could do without.[/QUOTE]
My, you're awful judgemental. Listening to the Misfits almost gave me a brain tumor, but I don't go decry it and its fans. I just don't listen to it.

And Yellowcard brought a viola.

[QUOTE] I must also add that all this "pop" punk crap is an overwhelming disgrace to punk. [/QUOTE]

Isn't the imitation and comericalization of punk a signal to the genre's success? And, since the imitation bands are obviously different and easily classifiable as such...what's the problem?

So punk has a mainstream offshoot. So what?

[QUOTE]Punk rock was a form of music based on rebelity and saying what had to be said, and now it's turning into all this love song **** with absolutely no meaning at all. I suggest you all try listening to some real music.....[/QUOTE]

I suggest you stop being such an elitist. Don't you realise what you're saying?

"You kids call that crap music? Why, in my day, we listened to good music!"

Deathbug you shouldn't get so mad at them they just wanted to rant about things that no one cares about we asked for Opinions but the ones we asked for WERE THE OPINIONS OF ACTUAL FANS OF YELLOWCARD AND LOSTPROPHETS.

We did not ask for you guys to come here spamming and flamming about how you hate them and how you think they are Emo I myself hate LostProphets I only like one song by them Last Train Home.

With Yellowcard though I love their whole album its great so I would rather go with Yellowcard, but one group that kicks Yellowcard and LP's but is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs I love their cd Fever to Tell its great.

lost prophets at all!!!!
yellowcard are the typical pop-punk group that make songs on girls that doesn't want them..the singer's voice in something that i hate since the first time i've heard it..
lost prophets are very good players (stu richardson is one of the best bassist in europe) and their singer, ian watkins,has a very beautiful voice..that can change from screams to sugared songs..