Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Capt. Stephanos
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lotus [/i]
[B]IP ban. [/B][/QUOTE]

But there is several ways to get around said ban.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Capt. Stephanos [/i]
[B]

But there is several ways to get around said ban. [/B][/QUOTE]

I mean IP ban, you cannot sign on with that same computer again.
Guest Capt. Stephanos
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lotus [/i]
[B]

I mean IP ban, you cannot sign on with that same computer again. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's what I thought . . .:smirk:
Posted
It's quite easy to change your IP address. Then they come back. But you can only have a limited number of them... then If they continusly Spam with different IP's then can always threten to take legal action aginst them!
Posted
Now how exactly do you change your IP address. You'd have to be some kind of genius to do that wouldn't you? I know I don't even know what an IP address is!
Posted
No, its quite easy from what I hear. I'm not exactly sure how myself but, if I did know, I wouldn't want to be the one to let all the idiots on the board know...

-Justin
Posted
an IP ban is usually the way to ban someone permanantly, although sometimes people can work their way around that, such as thimoc, I myself don't know how to change my ip address, not that I would want to do it, anyway....
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]An IP ban is effectively permanent against someone's computer.

It's true that people can rotate their IP, but that won't do them any good. This is because, if they came back and started mass spamming (like thimoc), both myself and Adam have the power to simply click one single button...and remove every single post they ever made within a couple of seconds.

So you see...even if you reregister...it won't do you any good. It's very easy for us to stop mass spamming -- so people like thimoc can't do anything very effective.

Anyway, I'd rather not talk about him. He just wants us to do that. He's pathetic, he comes back here to see what people are saying...I mean, how pathetic is that?

Anyway...it doesn't worry me. There's simply nothing he can do to our site which bears any serious threat.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]
Anyway...it doesn't worry me. There's simply nothing he can do to our site which bears any serious threat.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Unless he finds an Admin's or God's or Mod's password.........then he can do something, can't he............?

But I shouldn't be talking about him now, it's stupid.........
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

Unless he finds an Admin's or God's or Mod's password.........then he can do something, can't he............?

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Even then, he can't. If he had Adam's password, I could block his access. If he had my password, Adam could block his access.

There is no way in hell he'd find out my password, I can tell you that for sure. lol[/color][/size]
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]if by some chance he finds my password... id totally be in shock i dont even mine :( so if you find it loser boy could you please tell me :) thank you hahahaha...
but seriously... adam wouldnt be stupid enuff to have an ez password (again) now would he? and james's password is "nintendorulessonyandmicrosoftdrool" so i doubt anyone can figure that out (i so hope to god that isnt his pw)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]if by some chance he finds my password... id totally be in shock i dont even mine :( so if you find it loser boy could you please tell me :) thank you hahahaha...
but seriously... adam wouldnt be stupid enuff to have an ez password (again) now would he? and james's password is "nintendorulessonyandmicrosoftdrool" so i doubt anyone can figure that out (i so hope to god that isnt his pw)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]All hell would break loose if it was his password... hahaha. Who's loserboy? Anyway, my pw is so simple that you wouldn't think of it... heh :p[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]There is no way in hell he'd find out my password, I can tell you that for sure. lol[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Ooh! Ooh!!!!! Let's all play, "Guess James's Password!"

I'll guess.... [what did that avatar stand for again?] Something turkey Power?

Stubturkeypower, that's it...

[I'll get a life one of these days, and what will you all do without me?][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Ooh! Ooh!!!!! Let's all play, "Guess James's Password!"

I'll guess.... [what did that avatar stand for again?] Something turkey Power?

Stubturkeypower, that's it...

[I'll get a life one of these days, and what will you all do without me?][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Scrub Turkey, Cera, [i]Scrub[/i]. Hehe...how do I remember such things? :confused: Bah :p[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Scrub Turkey, Cera, [i]Scrub[/i]. Hehe...how do I remember such things? :confused: Bah :p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]::giggles uncontrollably:: I....have...[I]no[/I]....idea..... hee hee hee! Shame on me, I got it wrong, i guess. :D :p All I remembered was the lightning and peeps asking what the heck 'ST' stood for...

But, you didn't guess! Or maybe saying it the other way was your guess? Hmmmmm..

::wanders off to ponder this::[/SIZE]
Posted
ya. i chaneg my password weekly on everything, just to be safe. :p
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]Even then, he can't. If he had Adam's password, I could block his access. If he had my password, Adam could block his access.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Doesn't that mean if he got Adam's (or yours, though you say he'll never figure it out) password and logged on as them, wouldn't he be able to block the others access? And then he could even prevent the access of the user he was pretending to be (super hypothetical situation, I am not conspiring with anyone to take down the boards) and prevent that user from ever being used again. It seems possible from the small ammount of information I have, but I am sure you have safeguards against that sort of thing. I hope :(
Posted
it's insanely easy to get around an IP ban. First, if you have AOL, your ip isn't dynamic, so that board would have to ban all ip's in that line. also, if you have some knowledge, you can do go through a proxy server
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

Doesn't that mean if he got Adam's (or yours, though you say he'll never figure it out) password and logged on as them, wouldn't he be able to block the others access? And then he could even prevent the access of the user he was pretending to be (super hypothetical situation, I am not conspiring with anyone to take down the boards) and prevent that user from ever being used again. It seems possible from the small ammount of information I have, but I am sure you have safeguards against that sort of thing. I hope :( [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, if he logged on as Adam and I knew about it...I could simply block Adam's access. Adam can do the same with me.

However, if worst came to worst and we were BOTH blocked from accessing the control software, we could simply contact VBulletin to have the site shut down remotely.

That's the benefit you get when you actually pay for the software on your site -- even if we are blocked, we could have VBulletin shut it down for us and give us our access back.

So don't worry, there is no danger of anything like that happening. :)

And no..my password has nothing to do with Scrub Turkey. lol...that'd be much too obvious.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, if he logged on as Adam and I knew about it...I could simply block Adam's access. Adam can do the same with me.

However, if worst came to worst and we were BOTH blocked from accessing the control software, we could simply contact VBulletin to have the site shut down remotely.

That's the benefit you get when you actually pay for the software on your site -- even if we are blocked, we could have VBulletin shut it down for us and give us our access back.

So don't worry, there is no danger of anything like that happening. :)

And no..my password has nothing to do with Scrub Turkey. lol...that'd be much too obvious.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

or you could upload getadmin.php, that'd be easier
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]

or you could upload getadmin.php, that'd be easier [/B][/QUOTE]

I've heard of that little thingymabob..............but I can't remember.......

What is it.........?

Or he could upload getpass.php.........I've got that, and it works, but I'd never use it on here, no way.........this is my home........

And anyway, if someone tries to hack into my comp. for that, they won't be able too......'cause I got Norton Firewall......hehe.....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]And no..my password has nothing to do with Scrub Turkey. lol...that'd be much too obvious.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1].[COLOR=darkblue]eh...dun mind me. I'm just in sorta a weird mood lately.....[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...