OtakuBoards

Old Members

mangagod

Ummm, ScirosDarkblade, version 7 isn't old. Version 1 and two would be old. Personally, I've been around since last year, so I've only been her for a year. I used to go by the name Ares. I remember when there was a separate forum for sparring. I would have big arguments with some mods about what was allowed. It was much better back then, there seemed to be cooler stories in the adventure square also. I can't say I don't miss it, but it's not so bad.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been here for a little over 2 years. I don't remember alot though lol. Although I do remember some of the older members (that were here before me) leaving and becoming more and more idle around here. A while back, I stopped visiting as I usually did, but now I'm back into the swing of things. I still don't post here like I used to when I joined, but I'm still here. Started out as NomadWandering then just dropped the Wandering and now I'm just..."Nomad". :D . Never really wanted to change it to anything else, although I've been recently thinking about it.

Anyways, I'm not really an "Old" Member, just slightly aged I guess lol.

[COLOR=Indigo]Oh wow

Well lets see I've been here since version 1. I was here in v1 as "Professional TV Watcher" but that was only for about two weeks. Then I stopped coming and about a month later I came back on and it was v2. Thats when I named myself DuoGod of Death.

That name stuck with me for a while, then prolly around v4 or v5 I changed it to Lalaith Ril.

So yeah I guess I could be considered and oldie, heh. I remember so many things. Like the WAR and the amazing spammer Thimoc. Oh man those were the days. I remember looking up to Transtic Nerve like he was a sex god or something. Haha silly silly Bryan.

Anyways yeah I've been here forever, most of the people I was closest to on here have left, but I must say its still a home. Despite the fact that I get on maybe once or twice a week. During the summer I only checked maybe 4 times. Needless to say I'm still suprised my post count is considered high.

Otakuboards is amazing. I remember when I used to dream of being a mod, then I got grounded for 6 months. Wow that sucked.

Man I laugh at myself, modless since v2 rock on!!![/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]Man, Angelus_necare, you never post anymore. I remember Mist, too, what a great writer. I remember all the Digipeeps, too. D_M, Nerdsey, Cera (hahahah), Shy, Ginny, Baron, C_l (where did she go off to?), Nadau, Solo, and others. Great times.

Deedlit - I remember when you had to earn your custon avatar, too. I was so intent at trying to honorably earn that 500 posts and I was freaking pissed off when I earned it, because that's when James decided to let everyone have a custom avvie. ¬___¬;

I've only had one former user name, so I think everyone knows who I am. It was the username I had used on an old HP message board that didn't let you use spaces or caps in your name, so I was "roxieortatiana." I remember Tony asking me about that like... last year. Oh gosh. lol.

And also, I totally agree with Baron and Corey. That's all I have to say about that. *sad smile*[/color]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Whoo. I swear, everytime I see PT's 'Siren' name, I still think it's Raquel, hehe. ^_^" I was in an RPG with her for so long, and then I haven't seen her in ages [So, Hi Robin!][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]I've been here since June 17, 2002. So it'll be 3 years next June -- scary, eh? That was...version...something, I don't remember. It was purple though, that I am sure of. In fact, if you go to [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20020606054551/http://otakuboards.com/"][b]this site[/b][/url] you can see the version I arrived in! And the next one [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20020923070122/http://otakuboards.com/"][[b]here[/b]][/url] I'm actually online, hehe! I think that was the gears version. So I guess I arrived Version...4 or 5. 5 is most probable, lol. Which means Lalaith Ril would have changed his name after that, because I still remember him as DuoGodofDeath, hehe. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Oooh! And remember when that [i]weirdo[/i] Crazy White Boy was just a mod? [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] And Juu and Mist's fantastic spar in the candy store? And when Lore was still Cera, and Shy was still a Guy? *laughs* [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]I was one of Liam's sheep, heh. Liamc2 came to Otakuboards, and with him bought Raventorture, The Harlequin, Cloricus, The Unholy Newt, Avaris, and myself, too, heh. I'm sure there were several more, but I can't remember them now. All of them have left, unfortunately, due to pressures of grade 12 and such. They haven't had time to be on the internet and such. So I'm the last one left. *tear* [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]And since we're reminiscing; [b]anyone remember the Newbie Lounge?[/b] And, of course, the heated debate over whether or not it would stay? Oooh, and Otaku Big Brother, both I and II? [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]*sighs* Aahh...memories. I wouldn't leave this place for the world, lol. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][EDIT -- If you want to check out the rest of the versions, the link to that site was [url=http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://otakuboards.com][i]here[/i][/url].][/size][/font]

[size=1][font=veranda][color=indigo]Well, before I got banned the first three times(gah. XD I?ll say I?ve improved), I came here the first time? at like, version 5. -.- Not very old, but it was a simple lay out back then. I remember when, like, last Christmas(or the one before that), we had this plain, square board, and we had a ?My Neighbor Totoro? theme.

Yeah. I hope I dun get banned for this(I?ve improved!), but my first user name was Sailor Star. If anyone remembers me from way back when I first joined, hiya! Then it was GuardianStorm, and then Skyechild91 before I finally got banned. XD I was horrible.

On the Newbie Lounge: I remember coming in right after you all took it out. >> I?m not as old as some, but I do remember when Annie was a n00b to the Adventure Arena. ^________^ That was cool. Tsukasa_hack(Squall), Annie, and I were all together in one RPG, and Annie?s first. Heh, I?ll even quote what she said in her first post:

[quote name='Annie']OOC:by the way guys, let me know how I am doing, this is my first RPstory[/quote]

And I also remember when dayday was banned, and some other guy called Animefreak or something like that. ^_^ Oh yeah, that was fun. Oh, and who else remembers [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32811]They had it coming[/url], and [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=33913]o.0[/url]? I loved those two. And my posts were the worst. >> On the latter, we had 16 pages![/size][/font][/color]

[COLOR=GREEN]Hum, I guess I could be considered an old member, since I've been registered here since version 3 in 2001. Okay, I've been here for four versions, I guess that does make me sort of an old member. The only thing is that I haven't really posted a lot; to this day, I have less than a hunded post, so as a result, people here don't know me all that well. Only as a person who puts in her two cents on a topic every now and then. But lately I've been trying to post more. Weird huh, I'm too busy to post all through high school, but when I get to college, I seem to have all the time in the world. Okay, sorry, I'm getting off topic. But anyways, I can't believe I've been here that long.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Rhian][size=1][font=veranda][color=indigo]And I also remember when dayday was banned [/color][/font'][/size][/quote]
Oh yeah, I think I perform said banning. Yes, that was a good ban. I'd like to think that it alone is contribution enough to earn me a much-coveted spot alongside the various other "older members" people clamor about with such fervor when there's nothing else to talk about.

[QUOTE=ChibiMuneMune]I was here when the boards weren't online. ^^;;
I was in the chat room alot. My anme was 'LonleyMelfina'
It would be nice to talk to some of my old chat friends again. :o[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=GREEN]I remember the chat room, but I could never get it to work on my old computer back then. So I never got to talk in there. :( But that was how I found out about OB. :babble: [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Lady Asphyxia][font=Verdana][size=1]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Oooh! And remember when that [i]weirdo[/i] Crazy White Boy was just a mod? [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] And Juu and Mist's fantastic spar in the candy store? And when Lore was still Cera, and Shy was still a Guy? *laughs* [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]I was one of Liam's sheep, heh. Liamc2 came to Otakuboards, and with him bought Raventorture, The Harlequin, Cloricus, The Unholy Newt, Avaris, and myself, too, heh. I'm sure there were several more, but I can't remember them now. All of them have left, unfortunately, due to pressures of grade 12 and such. They haven't had time to be on the internet and such. So I'm the last one left. *tear* [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]And since we're reminiscing; [b]anyone remember the Newbie Lounge?[/b] And, of course, the heated debate over whether or not it would stay? Oooh, and Otaku Big Brother, both I and II? [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]*sighs* Aahh...memories. I wouldn't leave this place for the world, lol. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][EDIT -- If you want to check out the rest of the versions, the link to that site was [url=http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://otakuboards.com][i]here[/i][/url].][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]...Did that stuff really occur that long ago? Hmmm, I missed out on v2 but, to be honest I really don't find that a terrible amount has changed since version three. Sure, there has been some cosmetic changes, and some of the new features are nifty, but there has always been interesting people and boring people. Newbie spammers still come and go. Unfortunately, there will always an anime that is seemingly worshipped by the younger members (DBZ when I began, Inuyasha now). And there will always be members that contribute worthhile, relevant posts while others will create thousands of threads that all seem to begin with "Does anyone else like..."

The cool thing about this board is that it is still around. It seems to continue to expand (for better or worse, that is up to individual preference) exponentially yet small core groups of friends still seem to exist.
[/color]

[size=1]*grins* Well, I'm not sure how long ago it was, to be honest, but to me, it seems like forever ago. I think most of the events I mentioned happened when I first came; not so much the name changes, but the NL was gone around the time I got enough posts to become a member, I think, so it would have been about a year ago...of course, my sense of time is completely warped on the internet, lol. And I only came here about V4, so it isn't so long in versions, hehe.

I get what you're saying, though. Essentially things are still staying the same as always. Which is cool. ^___^[/size]

I think I joined a week after Lady Asphy, so I'm about as old a member as she is. I learned about this place when my classmate/homie, Rico Tranzriq, told me he was a moderator. He stopped posting, what, a year ago?

I remember wanting to change my user title (remember when you had to post to change it?), and posting like crazy. I think I was all over the Anime forums (all of them, back when they were separated by series), Music Movies TV, and the O-Lounge. Man, I remember the political debates (LeTs taLK AbuT tEh WaR), weekly threads about wicca (I'm Wicca and Christians don't like me), and people complaining about their lovelives. Those topics could still be popular, for all I know-- I haven't been in this forum for about a year.

Oh, and the Newbie Lounge! I even remember that crazy campaign to get rid of it. If memory serves, there were about 900 introduction threads by newbies in the O-Lounge the next week.

I remember the day James IM'ed me about being a mod. I thought I was getting banned. :rolleyes:

My old screen name was Endymion, but I changed it to Manic within a few months of my membership. I don't recognize [i]anyone[/i], these days. Most of the older members changed their screen names on me, and that "former username" line only stays in most signatures for about a week.

It's a little sad. 2 and a half years here, and I've yet to join/create an RPG that doesn't die within its first week. Oh well.

[size=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Dear God this conversation is making me feel old, although there are still some people who joined before that are still around on a regular basis. I actually didn?t like OB the first time I saw it, yes the shame, the shame but at the time I was only going to TheOtaku.com to read the Dragonball Z section, though nowadays I hardly ever go back there. I?m fairly sure it was Version 2 that I first saw although I can?t be sure (which ever one was around in May/June 2001), actually it would have to have been Version 2 because when Version 1 closed all the users had to sign up again and Version 3 looked very different if memory serves.

Anyway all that aside when Theotaku closed down for revamping in August/September 2001 I decided to join Otakuboards seeing as I was bored and there was little else to do, strange how that one decision has changed my life. I joined up under the name MajinGogeta (at least I think it was MajinGogeta) and headed straight for the one forum I would stay almost entirely in for the next few years, the Adventure Arena or whatever is was called back then, curse my feeble memory. Though I have to admit that when I looked back at the first link Lady A posted I could only recognise a few of the forums and Games and Stories seemed completely foreign even though I?d have been on OB 9 months at that stage.

Anyway I joined as MG and my post quality was abysmal, actually as James pointed out it was only a bit worse than most of the quality throughout OB at that stage, though to be honest I often look back at the Good Ol? Days with a pain of rose tinted glasses. I actually stopped using that particular user profile after about 20 posts and signed up under the name Shadowed Demise and basically I held that name for a while and improved my RPG skills until December when I joined up under my current profile with the username of Red XIII [[I]Notes other oldies going ?Oh yeah now I remember him?[/I]]. It was under this name that I first joined up as part of the three-man team of Dragonball RPers consisting of Yoda (then SS Trunks), MajinVegeta (still MV) and myself, actually it took a bit of time before Yoda actually thought I had the skills to RP with him though that seems so long ago.

And so there I stayed RPing with the likes of Raiha (now my wife), Boba Fett (whom I rarely see any more), Noodle Z (Ryan now, if I remember correctly), Chaos (was still SuperSayain), Warlock (whom I still idolise though rarely speak to), Bond Fanatic, DeathKnight Outlaw and a load more who?s names I have either forgotten or they are no longer around. Still though I get the feeling that if all of us went back to Version 3 as ourselves at this moment we might just have some fun. After about a year and a half as Red XIII, at least I think it was a year and a half I took the opportunity to change my name to Outcast, probably the name I?m most known under, I still stayed in the Arena although I did stir out from time to time to post in either the videogame forums or some of the anime forums. It continued that way for a long time and actually stayed pretty much that way until I no longer posted as much in the Arena and now am more active in Music, Movies and TV as well as Otaku Lounge.

I stayed as Outcast for about 12 months before I changed it again to Lynx before I again changed it to my current username of Kane, and so that is pretty much my history here on OB plagued by my bad memory and my newbieness which it took a long time to grow out of, although I?m pretty happy with the end result. To all of those who are still around who knew me in my early days I?d love to speak with any of them and to those who know me know they can at least see that I was as newbish as anyone else when they first joined.[/size]

[quote name='Siren']Because there are some rocking newer members around here that can really give the old fogeys a run for their money when it comes to post quality and depth, lol. :p[/quote]

[size=1]You?re calling your old man a fogey are you son ? Well that?s you grounded for two weeks, no Star Wars: Rebel Scum for you. Anyway Oldies will always rule, if we didn?t have people like James then OB would never have existed.[/size]

When I first joined the OB, I was "Beelzebumon", like the Digimon. Meaning, I joined in late '02. And I miss Devidramon.

In my early days, all I did was post in the Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh forums, back when such things existed. I am downright embarassed about some of the lame-arse decks I posted in the YGO forum...

Ahem. I recall being intimmidated by older members, becasuse it always seemed like they knew each other, and were all in on some huge inside joke I wasn't privy to. And, at the time, I stayed the Hell away from the political debates in the Otaku lounge. I had opinions, sure, and I they were right, but man, things were heated in there.

In my first stab at taking a strong position on something, I picked a fight with PoisonTongue/Petey/P-Diddy/Bean/Siren that I am now taking the opportunity to completely apologize for. But I got better at it.

You know, I was so happy when I finally reached one of ye ol' Posting pleatus we used to have; think it was "Advanced Member" or something of the sort...

Then the site was upgraded and we didn't have those labels anymore. NOOOOO! MY STATUS!! AGGH!

Ahem.

Nowadays, I'm in college, and don't post as much, and I still can't shake the feeling that everyone's laughing at a huge inside joke I'm not privy to.

But I make my own banners now. =P

I find this quite funny. Although this is my first time being a member to Otakuboards I do remember visiting and watching all the old topics mount up. Once a weekend I'd come in to hear the new storys or watch two people flame it out. It was quite exciting. All the old names bring back many topics. I regret never signing up and randomly putting in my two cents like I do now. As time moves on friends grow apart. It's a part of life. Just remember you will be alone after death so get your fun now.

[color=darkviolet]DeathBug reminded me of that old ranking system that I think existed until this version. I think I made it up to member in about 3 weeks because I posted just about every day. After that I don't remember where i was when they did the renovations in January. I do remember trying to check the messages I got and not being able to get anywhere becuase the site was down for upgrades.

Yeah, I haven't been here too long, but I remember the worst movie ever thread i started and people got freaked out at me because of the three movies I picked. Said people shall remain nameless.

And speaking of names, I'm thinking of shortening mine or just changing it all together to go along with the trend of name changers, what do all ya'll think of that?[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']DeathBug reminded me of that old ranking system that I think existed until this version. I think I made it up to member in about 3 weeks because I posted just about every day. [/color][/quote]
[size=1][font=veranda][color=indigo]=< Meh, I had just barely made it to Otaku, when I was banned and the renovation started. Yeah... ^_^ I took my sweet time getting to Otaku.

Heh, shorten... Chibi... funny man.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#002E55]Well, I started out in Version 2 as The Elite DBZ... what a name.

I didn't have a clue what I was doing and quickly adopted bold type posting in honour of Desert Shadow with AJeh and annoying Sephiroth. O_o;

I went through the first name change, to Elite, and then to this. Not a very exciting history I know, but I still see some of the other older members around and have recently caught up with DS. It 'tis a pity some of them aren't around these parts anymore, but things move on, eh. [/color]

[size=1]Red whyd you have to bring up Sephiroth... I miss that guy. Well I remember back in the day when I first joined that there were clans... And I was in one, but I really didnt know what they were for.

And where is AJeh nowadays as well. Man I didnt realize how many people left... Oh man, I also remember when I first joined the boards looking nothing like this. Alot less advanced but the OB Staff updated it well. But yea, thats what I remember.[/size]

[color=crimson]You fools better not forget the D.K.! *Donkey Kong rap starts* H-H-H...Here we go! So he's finally here, performing for you! If you know the words, you can join in too! Put your hands together if you want to clap, as we take you through this fun-ky rap! HUH!

Mandatory rant on my history followed by my sentiments: I joined on October 5th, 2001 which makes me an older member, I suppose. The list of things I have done here is too long and mundane to give out. I started off as a very typical ignorant spammer. Then I became an angsty, ignorant spammer. Since then, I've progressed a bit above that- just a tad, yeah? I was a moderator, of course- of the oft forgotten PC forum, no less. I was the winner of Big Brother 2, the thread that spawned the ever lingering "living" plushie 'craze'. Most of my time was spent roleplaying, but as of late I cannot find any good threads to roleplay in. And, of course- there are many people I've met here that I have sincerely enjoyed knowing, but listing all of them would be impossible. Several of them have already replied in this very thread. Some of my old clique have, of course, left and I miss them- I hope they are doing well. I hope to meet many more good friends, of course- maybe even some of these younguns will provide me with some amusement.

Us crazies have to stick together.[/color]

[size=1]Name-changing trend? What name-changing trend. I've never once changed my name the whole time I've been here. Yep, for 1 and a half years [1 week until the anniversary] I have kept the same name. I feel so pure.

Actually, one time I was thinking of changing my name to either Orenje or Onion Trance. Glad I stayed 'me' o_O

Aren't you, too?

Oh, and in case you've forgotten...If I'm not doing it, it's not a trend [i]and it's not cool[/i].[/size]